ADVERTISEMENT

Bloodbath!

The new “Good people on both sides”.

The legacy media truly is the enemy of the people.
Heads are exploding all over. And, just think, it’s only the beginning. Eight more months to go.

Just wait until Trump says something to the effect, “My VP (insert name here) will bury Kamalalala in a debate.”

It will be like Mars Attacks! on CNN, MSNBC, The View and all the other dolt-filled shows.

Good times . . . .

AkvVbE7.jpeg

Lol. The MAGA spin-doctors were working overtime yesterday trying to clean up Trump's Saturday mess.

It's reckless and irresponsible for a candidate for US president to predict a "bloodbath" domestically, irrespective of the context. And any clear-thinking person knows what he really meant, particularly given his comments in the same speech where he referred to the Jan 6 rioters as "hostages" and "unbelievable patriots." The rally opened with the National Anthem sung by the "January 6 Prison Choir" and the PA announcer declaring that the Jan 6 cons have been treated so unfairly. What reprehensible bullshit.

Thanks. Yeah, he's clearly talking about a bloodbath to the car industry if Biden is reelected and if China sells cars into the U.S. The entire line is book ended by discussion of China selling cars into the U.S.

I actually watched that previously and completely missed the bloodbath line. This is all manufactured nonsense, damaging once again the credibility of those reporting this disingenuously.

Thanks. Yeah, he's clearly talking about a bloodbath to the car industry if Biden is reelected and if China sells cars into the U.S. The entire line is book ended by discussion of China selling cars into the U.S.

I actually watched that previously and completely missed the bloodbath line. This is all manufactured nonsense, damaging once again the credibility of those reporting this disingenuously.
Nonsense.

As I said earlier, it's reckless and irresponsible for a candidate for US candidate to predict a "bloodbath" if they lose, irrespective of context. But that's just part of the story.

He was discussing China and Mexico and Mexican car manufacturing facilities and then said this: "Now if I don't get elected it's going to be a bloodbath for the country. And that will be the least of it." "That" refers to the specific issue he was discussing. He was obviously speaking much more broadly when he used the "bloodbath" language.

Also, consider the source of the comment, from the king of incendiary, inflammatory and violent commentary. The guy who incited a riot at the US Capitol. "Be there, will be wild!" "You've got to fight like hell or you're not going to have a country anymore." The guy who praises men who violently assaulted law enforcement officers as "unbelievable patriots" and "hostages" who will be pardoned. The guy who outrageously accused the former chair of the Joint Chiefs of committing a "treasonous act" for which "in times gone by the punishment would have been DEATH!" The guy who mocked a serious injury (a fractured skull) sustained in a violent home invasion by the spouse of a political rival. I could go on. He has a history of stoking violence and political violence.

If there was any doubt about the meaning of the clear words that came out of his mouth (and I would argue there wasn't), he clearly doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt given his despicable history.

Weirdly, people aren't talking about the dehumanizing rhetoric that criminals (no, not all immigrants, NYT reporters) might not be people. I disagree with that and don't think he should be using that rhetoric (nor is it necessary).

But a lot of people do agree with it--we see it here on the WC with respect to Hamas Oct. 7th murderers and rapists, for example--so maybe that's why the media didn't run with it?

The new “Good people on both sides”.

The legacy media truly is the enemy of the people.
They’re to dumb to figure out that crap like this actually helps Trump.

Sure, the headline makes guys like Bowl and Cosmic splooge all over their keyboards but most people see it for what it is-yet another example of a fundamentally dishonest media and just one more reason why they should never be trusted.

Nonsense.

As I said earlier, it's reckless and irresponsible for a candidate for US candidate to predict a "bloodbath" if they lose, irrespective of context. But that's just part of the story.

He was discussing China and Mexico and Mexican car manufacturing facilities and then said this: "Now if I don't get elected it's going to be a bloodbath for the country. And that will be the least of it." "That" refers to the specific issue he was discussing. He was obviously speaking much more broadly when he used the "bloodbath" language.

Also, consider the source of the comment, from the king of incendiary, inflammatory and violent commentary. The guy who incited a riot at the US Capitol. "Be there, will be wild!" "You've got to fight like hell or you're not going to have a country anymore." The guy who praises men who violently assaulted law enforcement officers as "unbelievable patriots" and "hostages" who will be pardoned. The guy who outrageously accused the former chair of the Joint Chiefs of committing a "treasonous act" for which "in times gone by the punishment would have been DEATH!" The guy who mocked a serious injury (a fractured skull) sustained in a violent home invasion by the spouse of a political rival. I could go on. He has a history of stoking violence and political violence.

If there was any doubt about the meaning of the clear words that came out of his mouth (and I would argue there wasn't), he clearly doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt given his despicable history.
I don't even think this is a "benefit of the doubt" situation. He's clearly referencing the auto industry.

You're correct, that his "that" refers to the specific issue, which was an economic one. It'll be a bloodbath for the auto industry. He refers specifically to it both before and after the use of the term bloodbath to qualify what he's saying:

I don't even think this is a "benefit of the doubt" situation. He's clearly referencing the auto industry.

You're correct, that his "that" refers to the specific issue, which was an economic one. It'll be a bloodbath for the auto industry. He refers specifically to it both before and after the use of the term bloodbath to qualify what he's saying:

HE sAid blOoDbaTh. TRumP iS liDduRaLly hiTleR!!!!!!

With Trump's history of inflammatory remarks and sending his blind followers after people, you are stretching it.

Trump has to merely point at someone and his followers will send that person death threats.... and that has happened numerous times.

Best case scenario is he is just reckless with his words. But with his history, there is definitely "benefit of the doubt" going on in defending it.

There was a lot objectionable in the speech. Bloodbath wasn't it. Liberals are looking silly trying to make this a thing.

Lol. The MAGA spin-doctors were working overtime yesterday trying to clean up Trump's Saturday mess.

It's reckless and irresponsible for a candidate for US president to predict a "bloodbath" domestically, irrespective of the context. And any clear-thinking person knows what he really meant, particularly given his comments in the same speech where he referred to the Jan 6 rioters as "hostages" and "unbelievable patriots." The rally opened with the National Anthem sung by the "January 6 Prison Choir" and the PA announcer declaring that the Jan 6 cons have been treated so unfairly. What reprehensible bullshit.

Intractable and invincible. . . .

In fact, this incident is an almost perfect test of partisan hypocrisy. Grammatically speaking, this bloodbath crap is almost identical to what the right did to Obama with "you didn't build that." So if the right taking Obama out of context outraged you, but you're doing the same to Trump, or if you happily did it to Obama, but now the left is being unfair, congratulations, you may be a partisan hack!

In fact, this incident is an almost perfect test of partisan hypocrisy. Grammatically speaking, this bloodbath crap is almost identical to what the right did to Obama with "you didn't build that." So if the right taking Obama out of context outraged you, but you're doing the same to Trump, or if you happily did it to Obama, but now the left is being unfair, congratulations, you may be a partisan hack!

The problem for Trump is his history of that kind of rhetoric and followers that are more than happy to read it as liberals did but instead of being appalled by it, they take it as their marching orders. Also adding "that will be the least of it" leaves it up to interpretation.

He calls Jan 6 people "hostages" (so obviously has no remorse over what he has his mob do) and has no problem pointing people out that he doesn't like so that his mob can attack/threaten them as seen during his presidency and his trials.

Sure, most people would get the benefit of the doubt in this situation and in that context. But most people don't have the same history of making comments/threats/violent rhetoric as Trump and don't have a mob of sycophants waiting for their orders (or what they think are their orders).

Reactions: UncleMark
To me, the most troubling thing is how another run of the the mill Trump speech is suddenly picked up on and attacked by all major media publications, at the same time, in unison, with the same critical verbiage.

What memo went out? Who gave these marching orders?

Last edited:
With Trump's history of inflammatory remarks and sending his blind followers after people, you are stretching it.
[...]
Best case scenario is he is just reckless with his words. But with his history, there is definitely "benefit of the doubt" going on in defending it.

Trump knows exactly what he's doing. He gets his message out to his followers while leaving enough wiggle room to give him some (im)plausible deniability. It's his superpower.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and IU_Hickory
The problem for Trump is his history of that kind of rhetoric and followers that are more than happy to read it as liberals did but instead of being appalled by it, they take it as their marching orders. Also adding "that will be the least of it" leaves it up to interpretation.

He calls Jan 6 people "hostages" (so obviously has no remorse over what he has his mob do) and has no problem pointing people out that he doesn't like so that his mob can attack/threaten them as seen during his presidency and his trials.

Sure, most people would get the benefit of the doubt in this situation and in that context. But most people don't have the same history of making comments/threats/violent rhetoric as Trump and don't have a mob of sycophants waiting for their orders (or what they think are their orders).
No question, the response was quite predictable, and Trump's history plays a big role in that.

Trump knows exactly what he's doing. He gets his message out to his followers while leaving enough wiggle room to give him some (im)plausible deniability. It's his superpower.
Nah, he's not that smart.

You're turning him into some kind of mastermind planner of his speeches and conduct. He's not. He has a general outline of what he might talk about and then shoots from the hip. In doing so, he talks like he's always talked--through hyperbole, exaggerations, and sloppy phrases.

And the thing is, you KNOW he's not that prepared or disciplined. You've commented on it before, like all those who hate Trump.

To me, the most troubling thing is how another running the mill Trump speech is suddenly picked up on and attacked by all major media publications, at the same time, in unison, with the same critical verbiage.

What memo went out? Who gave these marching orders?

I highly doubt a memo was sent out for everyone to write a similar story. More likely someone probably commented on it to a room full of reporters and they all wrote a story on it. Think it is any different with conservative media?

I highly doubt a memo was sent out for everyone to write a similar story. More likely someone probably commented on it to a room full of reporters and they all wrote a story on it. Think it is any different with conservative media?
Vast majority of media/journalists are left

Nah, he's not that smart.

You're turning him into some kind of mastermind planner of his speeches and conduct. He's not. He has a general outline of what he might talk about and then shoots from the hip. In doing so, he talks like he's always talked--through hyperbole, exaggerations, and sloppy phrases.

And the thing is, you KNOW he's not that prepared or disciplined. You've commented on it before, like all those who hate Trump.

It doesn't take much of a mastermind to be just vague enough to get you an out.

Of course, his followers are more than happy to give him any out regardless of how weak an explanation he gives.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT