ADVERTISEMENT

Bloodbath!

You're turning him into some kind of mastermind planner of his speeches and conduct. He's not. He has a general outline of what he might talk about and then shoots from the hip. In doing so, he talks like he's always talked--through hyperbole, exaggerations, and sloppy phrases.

He knew he would get a rise out of people using the term bloodbath, regardless of the context. In that regard you are right. He also knew it would play to his followers. A demagogue my not be a good orator, but they are intentional.

He knew he would get a rise out of people using the term bloodbath, regardless of the context. In that regard you are right. He also knew it would play to his followers. A demagogue my not be a good orator, but they are intentional.
The use of the word bloodbath is common in speech right now. Hell, I linked a clip with dozens and dozens of examples of people using it to mean something bad happening. He probably read or saw that recently about the RNC and it popped into his head as a descriptor.

Again, Trump is not the mastermind public speaker he is being made out to be.

I highly doubt a memo was sent out for everyone to write a similar story. More likely someone probably commented on it to a room full of reporters and they all wrote a story on it. Think it is any different with conservative media?
Naw, they've probably got another list server set up. Maybe it's now a slack channel or Discord server. I'm sure there's something similar set up for those commentators who back Trump too.

Reactions: DANC
The use of the word bloodbath is common in speech right now. Hell, I linked a clip with dozens and dozens of examples of people using it to mean something bad happening. He probably read or saw that recently about the RNC and it popped into his head as a descriptor.

It's not so much the word "bloodbath" as it is the phrase "It will be a bloodbath if I'm not elected" that was what he wanted to make sure his audience heard. I doubt they cared one little bit about the "context."

We're not going to agree. You're willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. I'm not.

• Haha

Again, Trump is not the mastermind public speaker he is being made out to be.
Do you think the IU men’s basketball program is a bloodbath now or soon will be?

With Trump's history of inflammatory remarks and sending his blind followers after people, you are stretching it.

Trump has to merely point at someone and his followers will send that person death threats.... and that has happened numerous times.

Best case scenario is he is just reckless with his words. But with his history, there is definitely "benefit of the doubt" going on in defending it.
Trump isn’t reckless with words, Trump has the best words.

Olberman is a bitter old man now...

D3zxAtwW0AIAv8n
If Trump does somehow manage to win, the best part will be watching Olbermanns head explode like a Gallagher watermelon.

Lol. The MAGA spin-doctors were working overtime yesterday trying to clean up Trump's Saturday mess.

It's reckless and irresponsible for a candidate for US president to predict a "bloodbath" domestically, irrespective of the context. And any clear-thinking person knows what he really meant, particularly given his comments in the same speech where he referred to the Jan 6 rioters as "hostages" and "unbelievable patriots." The rally opened with the National Anthem sung by the "January 6 Prison Choir" and the PA announcer declaring that the Jan 6 cons have been treated so unfairly. What reprehensible bullshit.

Soooooo scary. You should hide.

Thanks. Yeah, he's clearly talking about a bloodbath to the car industry if Biden is reelected and if China sells cars into the U.S. The entire line is book ended by discussion of China selling cars into the U.S.

I actually watched that previously and completely missed the bloodbath line. This is all manufactured nonsense, damaging once again the credibility of those reporting this disingenuously.
Vapid ninnies will lap it up though, as evidenced here…

It's not so much the word "bloodbath" as it is the phrase "It will be a bloodbath if I'm not elected" that was what he wanted to make sure his audience heard. I doubt they cared one little bit about the "context."

We're not going to agree. You're willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. I'm not.
There is no benefit of the doubt needed, you’re just unwilling to read & apply the words within their context. That’s on you, not Trump.

Lol. The MAGA spin-doctors were working overtime yesterday trying to clean up Trump's Saturday mess.

It's reckless and irresponsible for a candidate for US president to predict a "bloodbath" domestically, irrespective of the context. And any clear-thinking person knows what he really meant, particularly given his comments in the same speech where he referred to the Jan 6 rioters as "hostages" and "unbelievable patriots." The rally opened with the National Anthem sung by the "January 6 Prison Choir" and the PA announcer declaring that the Jan 6 cons have been treated so unfairly. What reprehensible bullshit.

In the context of his speech, it was nothing like you or the other pundits are making it out to be. Not even remotely close. C'mon. You can do better than this.

In fact, this incident is an almost perfect test of partisan hypocrisy. Grammatically speaking, this bloodbath crap is almost identical to what the right did to Obama with "you didn't build that." So if the right taking Obama out of context outraged you, but you're doing the same to Trump, or if you happily did it to Obama, but now the left is being unfair, congratulations, you may be a partisan hack!
Exactly. Those on the left trying to make hay out of this are flat out hypocrites. Trump gives so much more to criticize. Using this statement out of context is ridiculous.

In the context of his speech, it was nothing like you or the other pundits are making it out to be. Not even remotely close. C'mon. You can do better than this.
No. I’ll say it again. It’s reckless and irresponsible for a candidate for president of the United States to state, irrespective of the context, that there will be a bloodbath if he loses the election. It’s part of a recurring theme, similar to a statement he made in January (and similar to comments made during the 2020 campaign) that if he loses “it’ll be bedlam for the country.” Or “the only way I’ll lose is if the election is rigged.” Two months before the Nov 2020 election, before a single vote was cast, he railed about “voter fraud” and he refused to commit to a peaceful transfer of power. We found out later that that wasn’t some off-the-cuff remark.

Same with his criminal prosecutions. More not-so-veiled threats of violence. In Sept 2022 he warned that the nation would face problems “the likes of which perhaps we’ve never seen” if he were to be indicted, and that the people “wouldn’t stand for it.” And his comments have consequences. The FBI and DHS have reported a dramatic uptick in threats against law enforcement and judges.

What he does is stoke political violence at every turn, and that’s what he did over the weekend. His description of the January 6 rioters and cop-beaters as “unbelievable patriots” and “hostages” was the icing on his shitty cake.

He floods the zone with his reckless commentary, millions have become desensitized to it, and it’s become normalized. But there’s nothing normal about it. Prior to Trump, any one of the hundreds of incendiary remarks he has made would have immediately knocked any presidential candidate out of contention if they had uttered it. But no more. Trump has lowered the bar to a level I never thought possible in the US, and he’s weakened us as a country and as a society. As General John Kelly said about the prospects of Trump returning to the White House, “God help us.”

No. I’ll say it again. It’s reckless and irresponsible for a candidate for president of the United States to state, irrespective of the context, that there will be a bloodbath if he loses the election. It’s part of a recurring theme, similar to a statement he made in January (and similar to comments made during the 2020 campaign) that if he loses “it’ll be bedlam for the country.” Or “the only way I’ll lose is if the election is rigged.” Two months before the Nov 2020 election, before a single vote was cast, he railed about “voter fraud” and he refused to commit to a peaceful transfer of power. We found out later that that wasn’t some off-the-cuff remark.

Same with his criminal prosecutions. More not-so-veiled threats of violence. In Sept 2022 he warned that the nation would face problems “the likes of which perhaps we’ve never seen” if he were to be indicted, and that the people “wouldn’t stand for it.” And his comments have consequences. The FBI and DHS have reported a dramatic uptick in threats against law enforcement and judges.

What he does is stoke political violence at every turn, and that’s what he did over the weekend. His description of the January 6 rioters and cop-beaters as “unbelievable patriots” and “hostages” was the icing on his shitty cake.

He floods the zone with his reckless commentary, millions have become desensitized to it, and it’s become normalized. But there’s nothing normal about it. Prior to Trump, any one of the hundreds of incendiary remarks he has made would have immediately knocked any presidential candidate out of contention if they had uttered it. But no more. Trump has lowered the bar to a level I never thought possible in the US, and he’s weakened us as a country and as a society. As General John Kelly said about the prospects of Trump returning to the White House, “God help us.”
You’ve lost all credibility as a poster. You’re basically hickory 2.0. As clueless of a poster as this board has ever seen. Just a partisan hack

You’ve lost all credibility as a poster. You’re basically hickory 2.0. As clueless of a poster as this board has ever seen
Your blistering personal attacks and epic meltdowns are nothing new, but threatening another poster (see the "Donnie/Ronnie" thread) is a new low for you. It's mind-boggling that you're still allowed to post. I guess anything goes now here at the WC.

You should take some of the vast "resources" you talked about in that thread and quickly book some appointments with a good therapist. You're an embarrassment.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
Your blistering personal attacks and epic meltdowns are nothing new, but threatening another poster (see the "Donnie/Ronnie" thread) is a new low for you. It's mind-boggling that you're still allowed to post. I guess anything goes now here at the WC.

You should take some of the vast "resources" you talked about in that thread and quickly book some appointments with a good therapist. You're an embarrassment.
We’ve all told you that you need therapy including npt. Fragile little thing that you are. Circle cuck comes on only to post personal attacks at coh. Lonely old man etc. and others. If he can back it up let’s see. F him.

And no one is a bigger embarrassment than you with your unhinged trump obsession. You are on par with bhe and hickory. Everyone with an iq over 70 thinks you are a moron at this point
Get therapy. Trump doesn’t give a F about you. And he may be a shit president but he won’t be a dictator. Stupid

We’ve all told you that you need therapy including npt. Fragile little thing that you are. Circle cuck comes on only to post personal attacks at coh. Lonely old man etc. and others. If he can back it up let’s see. F him.

And no one is a bigger embarrassment than you with your unhinged trump obsession. You are on par with bhe and hickory. Everyone with an iq over 70 thinks you are a moro
Get therapy. Trump doesn’t give a F about you.
You're a mess. I don't know what your issues are but you need to speak to a professional so you can get to the root of them and be better suited for employment and relationships.

You're a mess. I don't know what your issues are but you need to speak to a professional so you can get to the root of them and be better suited for employment and relationships.
Lol from the guy with zero personality who posts every day about trump. Get help. I can’t imagine a person on Earth likes you or has an ounce of interest to hear anything out of your mouth. What a disaster

Start a new thread about trump. I’m sure the guy who signs your payroll checks appreciates it

Last edited:
  • Love

When both liberals and conservatives are telling you you’re crazy, you should probably reevaluate your position.

Seriously. You look ridiculous pursuing this.

When both liberals and conservatives are telling you you’re crazy, you should probably reevaluate your position.

Seriously. You look ridiculous pursuing this.
The thing is….he isn’t even addressing the issue. He may not even know the context. He’s bent out of shape about a word.

There is discussion to be had about the statement Trump made but it doesn’t seem possible because Trump.

The old school Democrats should be asking if the head of the UAW cares about the workers interests. But, no. We have a discussion about a word.

The thing is….he isn’t even addressing the issue. He may not even know the context. He’s bent out of shape about a word.

There is discussion to be had about the statement Trump made but it doesn’t seem possible because Trump.

The old school Democrats should be asking if the head of the UAW cares about the workers interests. But, no. We have a discussion about a word.
And the old-school free market, free trade people should be talking about whether Trump's protectionist ideas make any sense.

Do labor union leaders care about workers interests?

Are they just an arm of the Democratic Party?
Same guy at the 32hr work week hearings:

“I agree there is an epidemic in this country of people who don’t want to work, people who can’t be bothered to get up every day and contribute to our society but instead want to freeload off the labor of others,” Fain continued. “But those aren’t blue-collar people. Those aren’t working-class people. It’s a group of people who are never talked about for how little they actually work and produce and how little they contribute to humanity. The people I’m talking about are the Wall Street freeloaders, the masters of passive income.”

Anecdotally, some of the biggest Trump supporters I know are UAW members. Blew me away at my 30th HS reunion to hear some of them talk about it.

He is best left on ignore. Then can just view ignored posts when you want to see the trainwreck.

“I agree there is an epidemic in this country of people who don’t want to work, people who can’t be bothered to get up every day and contribute to our society but instead want to freeload off the labor of others,” Fain continued. “But those aren’t blue-collar people. Those aren’t working-class people. It’s a group of people who are never talked about for how little they actually work and produce and how little they contribute to humanity. The people I’m talking about are the Wall Street freeloaders, the masters of passive income.”

Anecdotally, some of the biggest Trump supporters I know are UAW members. Blew me away at my 30th HS reunion to hear some of them talk about it.
The trade unions. UAW. Electrical. Cops. Firefighters love trump. Once all hardcore Dems. The profile of the parties is changing

“Trump claims to be a champion for the auto worker, but when you look at the facts they show the exact opposite: his USMCA has resulted in trade deficits getting worse, not better for auto workers.”

So the UAW president thinks the USMCA (the renegotiated NAFTA) is bad.

Hmmm

• Haha
Thanks. Yeah, he's clearly talking about a bloodbath to the car industry if Biden is reelected and if China sells cars into the U.S. The entire line is book ended by discussion of China selling cars into the U.S.

I actually watched that previously and completely missed the bloodbath line. This is all manufactured nonsense, damaging once again the credibility of those reporting this disingenuously.
Sound bites are the only thing media people can understand, and they have dumbed down their sycophants to do the same. “It rates.”

Reactions: DANC and mcmurtry66
There is a big disconnect from the rank and file to the leaders of the labor unions
Prior to 2020 election, my SON-in law was in the carpenters union in Bloomington. They had a big meeting where leadership was indoctrinating them all of how to vote for biden. My SIL stood up and was explaining that there were several things that biden stands for that he just can't vote for him.
Prior to that, he was working 50+ hours per week and local. The VERY NEXT day, they could only find work for him that was 1.5 hours away and around 10 hours a week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT