ADVERTISEMENT

Valentines Day

I actually got my valentines shopping done early this year. Stopped last night on my way home from work. My wife LOVES chocolate covered strawberries. I bring those home and I score every time.

I usually also get her flowers.

I hate valentine's day.

Today is the 14th anniversary of my wife's brother passing away of an enlarged heart. He had no idea and was only 29.

She's not fun to be around today, so she's trying to cheer up by taking my youngest to some art thing where they'll paint something that I'll act like is a Picasso when they get home. My 17 year old has to work so it's just me and my deaf and blind dog tonight.

I'm getting Chipotle.
My dad was the same way. His mom died on Valentine's Day from somewhat suspicious circumstances (she somehow went from inside a 2nd floor hospital window to the ground and, to this day, I'll be damned if that hospital hasn't figured out how it happened). he shoulda sued. Never did. That fall led to her decline and eventual demise. He always got my mom flowers but they never really celebrated anything.

Let’s hear it. What are people doing?? Cheap. Lame. Extravagant. New toys? Reservations?Throwing on a pair of Dockers and heading to chili’s? Gifts? What’s the plan?

Wed is not my night for either kid but I have both kids tonight bc both exes are in love. So I’ll start this off from the gutter
"Both exes are in love." Not a phrase I ever thought I'd read or hear.

My wife's birthday, my birthday, my mom's birthday,a niece's birthday and our anniversary is in February.

From both my wife and myself; Screw Valentine's Day.

I hate valentine's day.

Today is the 14th anniversary of my wife's brother passing away of an enlarged heart. He had no idea and was only 29.

She's not fun to be around today, so she's trying to cheer up by taking my youngest to some art thing where they'll paint something that I'll act like is a Picasso when they get home. My 17 year old has to work so it's just me and my deaf and blind dog tonight.

I'm getting Chipotle.
At least you get to finally spend time with someone on Valentine’s Day who thinks you’re good looking.

Started my day by fixing my dog an egg for breakfast. She’s the real MVP. Took myself to lunch for a grilled cheese and read my book. Yes, grilled cheese. I am 5 years old. I did have iced tea instead of chocolate milk. A little bit of shopping, got a trip finalized. Phone call with significant other, we will celebrate later. Galentines dinner tonight. Finish with Vanderpump Rules.

• Love
Reactions: mcmurtry66
Let’s hear it. What are people doing?? Cheap. Lame. Extravagant. New toys? Reservations?Throwing on a pair of Dockers and heading to chili’s? Gifts? What’s the plan?

Wed is not my night for either kid but I have both kids tonight bc both exes are in love. So I’ll start this off from the gutter
Leftover Homerun Inn frozen pizza, water, French silk pie.

We don’t even pretend anymore. Sorry, GigGoo. Hope I didn’t scare you again.

So far it’s been Joe, Mark, and Murt. Murt is like my gay bff but he’s not gay.
Are You Sure Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

Pick up a Diet Coke instead of water?
Kick that inertia somehow. I’m going to have a chat with my ex stoker. She’s messaging me twice a day everyday about my minion. Picks things he’s doing. Last night him looking into the door cam as they got home yelling at the dog.

It’s too much. At first blush it seems like coparenting but I think it’s insensitive. Then she texts if we can switch nights next week. Her husband has season tickets and they’re going to the opening game. Like I’m a defacto babysitter. I’m going to the stupid game. F off. I’m going to tell her I don’t need daily pics or updates. Sorry. I’d prefer space

We went to Qduobas for lunch today. Nice to get out with just her and not the kids and grandkids. It was a bogo deal so she told me I better not expect anything since it was a cheaper meal. I thought it was pretty funny.

Pick up a Diet Coke instead of water?
Do something. Fix it. First. Counseling. A new approach. Or say we can’t keep doing this what should we do. I don’t know. Sometimes just doing something, anything, is better. Look at me. Babysitting for both my exes on a an off night. But god damnit it ain’t purgatory

My dad was the same way. His mom died on Valentine's Day from somewhat suspicious circumstances (she somehow went from inside a 2nd floor hospital window to the ground and, to this day, I'll be damned if that hospital hasn't figured out how it happened). he shoulda sued. Never did. That fall led to her decline and eventual demise. He always got my mom flowers but they never really celebrated anything.

I got her her favorite treat, some bundt cakes. I'm sure she'll enjoy them while she watches breaking bad for the 1094th time tonight as everyone sleeps.

I don't dare get her flowers. She'll think I did something wrong.

We're gonna do lunch tomorrow since we got kid stuff all this week, outside of what she doesn't work.

I can't wait until March is here.

Reactions: larsIU
I'm sure she'll enjoy them while she watches breaking bad for the 1094th time tonight as everyone sleeps.
I do that with the Wire. Hell, I don't even watch the seasons in succession anymore (i skip season 2 usually).

Just got done rewatching The Boys in eager anticipation of the new season (whenever the hell it comes out, probalby summer).

Reactions: BradStevens
I do that with the Wire. Hell, I don't even watch the seasons in succession anymore (i skip season 2 usually).

Just got done rewatching The Boys in eager anticipation of the new season (whenever the hell it comes out, probalby summer).

My wife was talking about needing to rewatch the last season because she noticed they had put a season 4 tab up, so it must be getting close.

She's just getting through the spin off, which is pretty good I thought.

Reactions: larsIU

Have to admit that I am not a Valentine's Day type guy. In other words, think it is silly.

However, my fifty six year old son dearly loves his Mother and more than makes up for my not understanding what Valentine's Day is all about.

Thanks to my son, the house now has three large vases of roses and we will having porterhouse steaks and filet mignons as grilled to our special requirements by him.

Gotta love the special relationship between my Son and his Mother which makes me feel fortunate to have them both. Thanks to them, I love Valentine's Day.

I miss being with 25 little ones on Valentine’s Day…all holidays really. They were so silly about their little cards, giggling when they got one from the opposite sex. And so excited about what they gave me. Always fun.

Leftover Homerun Inn frozen pizza, water, French silk pie.

We don’t even pretend anymore. Sorry, GigGoo. Hope I didn’t scare you again.
You should do marriage counseling with a Christian counselor. Kill two birds with one stone. Also, switch to sugar cream pie.

You should do marriage counseling with a Christian counselor. Kill two birds with one stone. Also, switch to sugar cream pie.
Already tried the counseling thing. Didn't work. Wife doesn't like it or want to go.

It is what it is. If you are one of the 10% or so of people who have working, healthy relationships with your SO, I hope you appreciate it. I'm not saying you didn't work hard for it, didn't compromise dearly for it or pay for it in one way or another--you did. But you should also appreciate it greatly.

I'll get it one day, I hope. Or I'll be happily ensconced on my mountain with my books, traveling down to the hooky compound to get my fresh grown vegetables and recently slaughtered venison. Could be happy either way, I think.

Already tried the counseling thing. Didn't work. Wife doesn't like it or want to go.

It is what it is. If you are one of the 10% or so of people who have working, healthy relationships with your SO, I hope you appreciate it. I'm not saying you didn't work hard for it, didn't compromise dearly for it or pay for it in one way or another--you did. But you should also appreciate it greatly.

I'll get it one day, I hope. Or I'll be happily ensconced on my mountain with my books, traveling down to the hooky compound to get my fresh grown vegetables and recently slaughtered venison. Could be happy either way, I think.
you nailed it.

kids first. always. and i know you know this, but i'll tell you don't worry about a "partner." you'd be fine on your own. i'm very content and happy. i don't think i'd have felt this way a decade ago. i suspect it comes with being older. i'm bitter and pissed but also relieved at just how easy my life is today. so you can be happy with a partner and all the trappings that attend same or be happy with the ease of life that comes with being older and single.

so, this too shall pass and only good things to come not too far down the road....

Gotcha. I’m sorry to hear that. I wish you well and mad respect for being there for your children. It’s very honorable and courageous of you to stick around for them. I hope you find joy one day, buddy.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT