ADVERTISEMENT

Attendance

My wife and I left in the fourth quarter with IU down 33-21 and having just given the ball back to PSU. We were cold and hungry and I was certain the game was no longer in doubt. I almost regretted it as well. We listened to the end of the game on the way to eat and while we had a chance at the end, it was still an enormously low likelihood we were going to win.

By the time we left we had been in the stadium for over 5 hours. The wind was picking up and as the crowd thinned it got more uncomfortable being exposed. Televised games are endless for those of us actually at the game. I don't blame anyone for leaving when the outcome appears not to be in doubt. I never leave until I know there is no hope of winning. I left the Iowa game with 10 minutes to go in the third quarter because watching that effort was making me sick. I was proud of the play yesterday and stayed until the fumble on the punt and the subsequent PSU score sealed the deal (or so I believed). If we had come back to win I would have been kicking myself but it was a judgement call. If you want people to stay for a game that has been decided in that kind of weather, you're going to have to find a way to either speed up play or better entertain the crowd. I'll leave it to others to decide how to best do that.

If any of you were among the small group of die-hards who stayed to the bitter end, hats off to you and you may feel free to criticize my fandom. If you are criticizing the crowd because of the optics from your position on your living room sofa, you can piss off.
Let me see if I have this right. You didn't attend a game because of rain (Virginia), complained and left BSU game early (too hot), and left PSU game (too cold or no faith). You are a true Goldilocks fan if there ever was one.

Reactions: Lillyr66
Let me see if I have this right. You didn't attend a game because of rain (Virginia), complained and left BSU game early (too hot), and left PSU game (too cold or no faith). You are a true Goldilocks fan if there ever was one.
Do you see at all the irony of you lecturing me about being a fan ? For a guy who admittedly quit caring during the DiNardo years, it strikes me as odd that you are awake at 3 a.m thinking about IU football.

Here's a suggestion for you. Since Tom Allen isn't going anywhere for the next three years why don't you save yourself some misery and find another program to support (or just find A program, since you don't support this one anyway). Every school in the country appreciates more fans. Teach Fred Glass, Tom Allen, and all of us dreamy-eyed koolaid drinkers here a lesson and move on. That'll show us.

You and Larry and fpeaugh can go have a circle jerk and congratulate each other on how smart you are and how stupid the rest of us are and leave us in blissful ignorance.

My wife and I left in the fourth quarter with IU down 33-21 and having just given the ball back to PSU. We were cold and hungry and I was certain the game was no longer in doubt. I almost regretted it as well. We listened to the end of the game on the way to eat and while we had a chance at the end, it was still an enormously low likelihood we were going to win.

By the time we left we had been in the stadium for over 5 hours. The wind was picking up and as the crowd thinned it got more uncomfortable being exposed. Televised games are endless for those of us actually at the game. I don't blame anyone for leaving when the outcome appears not to be in doubt. I never leave until I know there is no hope of winning. I left the Iowa game with 10 minutes to go in the third quarter because watching that effort was making me sick. I was proud of the play yesterday and stayed until the fumble on the punt and the subsequent PSU score sealed the deal (or so I believed). If we had come back to win I would have been kicking myself but it was a judgement call. If you want people to stay for a game that has been decided in that kind of weather, you're going to have to find a way to either speed up play or better entertain the crowd. I'll leave it to others to decide how to best do that.

If any of you were among the small group of die-hards who stayed to the bitter end, hats off to you and you may feel free to criticize my fandom. If you are criticizing the crowd because of the optics from your position on your living room sofa, you can piss off.
Thank you for paying and being there and always being positive.

Reactions: IUCol
Let me tell you I am the first person to tell you that until we start putting people in the seats we are not going to have abig time program. But I also agree charging $70 a ticket is absolutely ludicrous. Charging half price might double your crowd. Charging a third the price may triple the crowd. Who knows but charging $70 has got to change. But I also disagree with giving tix away. Sounds to me like they need a true marketing company, because the one they have now is not working.
You can not tell me the crowd at the other school did not have an impact on that game. I have been to Florida Field many a time where the crowd and crowd noise impacted the game. Just knowing you have people on your side is huge. We used to have a huge band at our school we used to march over 200 kids. You could feel less energy from our kids in games in which the band did not come.
It is definitely a problem people are not going to pay $70 and I understand that . Who knows what would have happened had IU scored to take the lead and the crowd is going crazy and the kickoff team is extra fired up and someone goes down and makes a huge play. Football is a game of emotion. Unfortunately our head coach, our coaching staff and players have to generate all their own emotion and that is draining trust me I have been there on both sides.
Those of you that have been faithful please don’t give up on this staff and this team as good things are happening. I was the most disappointed as I have ever been as an IU football fan it was an all time low as we let one get away. At the end of the day we are at the record that everyone thought be at and have a game that is very winnable. Hopefully we can win two out of next 3. Pack Memorial stadium and bring Purdue back to reality.
Go Hoosiers!!

Do you see at all the irony of you lecturing me about being a fan ? For a guy who admittedly quit caring during the DiNardo years, it strikes me as odd that you are awake at 3 a.m thinking about IU football.

Here's a suggestion for you. Since Tom Allen isn't going anywhere for the next three years why don't you save yourself some misery and find another program to support (or just find A program, since you don't support this one anyway). Every school in the country appreciates more fans. Teach Fred Glass, Tom Allen, and all of us dreamy-eyed koolaid drinkers here a lesson and move on. That'll show us.

You and Larry and fpeaugh can go have a circle jerk and congratulate each other on how smart you are and how stupid the rest of us are and leave us in blissful ignorance.

It is ironic when people that don't attend games like the three you mention criticize those of us who donate, drive, buy tickets and parking, stand in a blizzard of napkins, solo cups, and hell...this week flying pans of chili and may leave early because the women are sitting in the car since halftime started.

This is not the fault of the fans who show up.

Reactions: Chriselli
Getting really tired of watching a half empty stadium. Frustrating to see PU have a great looking atmosphere on prime time tv. Haven’t seen a crowd like that in Memorial stadium for a long time. Not sure what it’s gonna take for Glass to change the culture but it has to change in hurry.
Uhhh.....we just had the same crowd that Purdue had playing OSU last year when we hosted OSU. Apparently you were not there for it? The only difference is, we got trounced by them, while Purdue beat the crap out of them.

Let me tell you I am the first person to tell you that until we start putting people in the seats we are not going to have abig time program. But I also agree charging $70 a ticket is absolutely ludicrous. Charging half price might double your crowd. Charging a third the price may triple the crowd. Who knows but charging $70 has got to change. But I also disagree with giving tix away. Sounds to me like they need a true marketing company, because the one they have now is not working.
You can not tell me the crowd at the other school did not have an impact on that game. I have been to Florida Field many a time where the crowd and crowd noise impacted the game. Just knowing you have people on your side is huge. We used to have a huge band at our school we used to march over 200 kids. You could feel less energy from our kids in games in which the band did not come.
It is definitely a problem people are not going to pay $70 and I understand that . Who knows what would have happened had IU scored to take the lead and the crowd is going crazy and the kickoff team is extra fired up and someone goes down and makes a huge play. Football is a game of emotion. Unfortunately our head coach, our coaching staff and players have to generate all their own emotion and that is draining trust me I have been there on both sides.
Those of you that have been faithful please don’t give up on this staff and this team as good things are happening. I was the most disappointed as I have ever been as an IU football fan it was an all time low as we let one get away. At the end of the day we are at the record that everyone thought be at and have a game that is very winnable. Hopefully we can win two out of next 3. Pack Memorial stadium and bring Purdue back to reality.
Go Hoosiers!!

I couldn't get through all of that before my eyes crossed but I don't agree that the target market for IU FB is quite that price elastic. I do agree there should be more marketing done however including some price promotions.

After their big win Sat, my inbox has been busy with PU promotional material including tickets for $15 for their next game. Good for them.

Please. I am 40 years old, I can count the winning seasons we have had in my lifetime on 2 hands (9). I can count the number of winning seasons we have had since I was 17 on 1 finger (yes, we made bowls at 6-6 and lost, leaving the season at 6-7 a few times, neither of those are truly a "winning" record though). The last time we beat Ohio State, I was in the 2nd grade. The last time we beat Michigan, I believe I was in third grade. It is asking an awful lot of people to shell out the kind of money it takes to go to a game and continually see the same thing. We have been saying, "wait until next year" my entire adult life.

Fans do not coach and fans do not play. After all the futility of this program, it is a wonder that we still have anyone willing to go out and face that heartache on a regular basis.

The fans are not to blame. Blame an AD that fires the programs most successful coach and then hires Cam Cameron. Blame an AD who thinks Dinardo is a good hire. Hoeppner may have been a good one, we do not really know. We stuck with Lynch far too long, although he did get me that 1 winning season in the past 20 some odd years. Wilson was doing ok and we fired him for...well, I am not entirely sure other than they said he was a bad guy. Then we promoted Allen without a coaching search.

The fans did not do that.
Dear Youngster IU Crazy2: I am Rotonda Jim and I am 71 years old. I have been watching this stuff since 1967 and although I live in Florida I attend one game a year and have been to two this year. Yes, the team needs much better fan support. What could it hurt? And there is no doubt that yes, poor fan support hurts the overall program. Just show up and cheer. You might like it and I know for sure that the players and coaches would.

It is ironic when people that don't attend games like the three you mention criticize those of us who donate, drive, buy tickets and parking, stand in a blizzard of napkins, solo cups, and hell...this week flying pans of chili and may leave early because the women are sitting in the car since halftime started.

This is not the fault of the fans who show up.
I couldn't get through all of that before my eyes crossed but I don't agree that the target market for IU FB is quite that price elastic. I do agree there should be more marketing done however including some price promotions.

After their big win Sat, my inbox has been busy with PU promotional material including tickets for $15 for their next game. Good for them.
i am sure it is a reach my point is something needs to be done about ticket prices and they need to be made affordable and you have to have people in the stands. Plain and simple. Not faulting people who do not go and paying that price but people that say attendance is not part of the reason for IU’ s lack of success is simply wrong. I applaud and commend those of that do show up and wish that I could make it to Memorial Stadium. I made it to both games at FIU. That is not much but I go when I can and watch every weekend. Can’t wait for next weekend have already talked to 2/3 former players that played at Minnesota. I let them know we are going to Kta. So go Hoosiers!

Uhhh.....we just had the same crowd that Purdue had playing OSU last year when we hosted OSU. Apparently you were not there for it? The only difference is, we got trounced by them, while Purdue beat the crap out of them.
Did not really have the same crowd at all. And definitely not the same emotion. The courage shown by Tyler and loyalty beyond everything you can imagine. So no it was not the same crowd at all.

Reactions: jcg_94
Did not really have the same crowd at all. And definitely not the same emotion. The courage shown by Tyler and loyalty beyond everything you can imagine. So no it was not the same crowd at all.

And it didn't hurt that a throng of Ohio fans were there to fill it up. I remember when they used to show up in Btown like that...the worst.

Dear Youngster IU Crazy2: I am Rotonda Jim and I am 71 years old. I have been watching this stuff since 1967 and although I live in Florida I attend one game a year and have been to two this year. Yes, the team needs much better fan support. What could it hurt? And there is no doubt that yes, poor fan support hurts the overall program. Just show up and cheer. You might like it and I know for sure that the players and coaches would.

Jim, good on you for sticking with Indiana all these years. It is quite a bit of a commitment to spend all that money to come up from Florida, get kicked in the jewels, and then head back home. On the positive side, Bloomington has quite a bit to offer the fall traveler and alumni making a trip back to the old Alma Mater. On the negative side for the football team, I can get all of that stuff without dropping $200+ to watch Indiana football do what they do. 4 hours someone would have spent out in a cold, high wind environment, and all they could come up with is the tried and true IU cheer of, "well we gave them a good game..."

Here is the deal, I have seen quotes from former players (mostly on the basketball side but I am sure this rings true for football too) who laugh at the idea that fans are part of Indiana athletics. We are not on the team, they are. We do not ever get to use all the nice facilities that our donations pay for, they do. If the team finally starts winning games, do you think the fans are going to get credit? No, because that is asinine. We do not play.

So I have been to games and I have dropped money and time on the team that I will never get back. And people say, well, you got to spend a nice fall in Bloomington. Yeah, I did. But I can do that without IU football. Without the crowd it brings. Without the frustration of dropping several hundred on a bad product because I feel guilted in to supporting the team. I can enjoy fall weather and cooking out with friends in my backyard with the game on TV. You have to give people a reason to give up their entire day to travel down to Bloomington. Watching our football team come up just short for the umpteenth time is no longer doing that for me. Kudos to those of you who do. The University just jacked ticket prices up on all of you 25,000 or so that they can count on no matter what to cover for those of us who have given up. So thanks for subsidizing the half a game of college football I usually get to enjoy from my living room on the weekend.

Lastly, I truly feel for you guys that have been actively engaged with this for 50 years. The commitment to something that brings joy in such few and far between instances is something.

One bit of hope. One ray of sunshine. That's what this fan base needs. I mean this in terms of a big win, Not the "get close"/ "kick in the sack" variety we see too often. Saturday was just another edition.

I, and a big group were there really into it. Some of them left at half knowing what happens next as they see it year in/year out; most of us stayed. The very real frustration of IU's last 2 drives of the 1st half was nothing short of maddening...2 senior running backs not knowing to get out of bounds to stop the clock, a penalty negating a sizable gain AND NOT getting a FG attempted on EITHER DRIVE!!

I liked the team's effort (much better than vs Iowa), but the coaches and some players mental efforts can certainly be questioned. And don't even get me started on the Special Teams Coach, in particular KO and punt coverage.

Iowa State, Purdue, UK, Northwestern and other "non-big boy" programs get big wins. Would be nice to do the same once in a while. That may show the fans it can happen. It did when I was there with Mal in the late 80's.

Why would a good player want to come to IU to play football with this pitiful fan support? Blame the coaches and the players if you must but right now, the fans ought to just look in the mirror and see the biggest part of the problem explaining why IU does not win. And that will be the person looking back at him.
I always thought I had a suspicious look on my face. I think it boils down to priorities. Too many other things to do on a sunny afternoon in the beautiful month of October offering a greater chance of reward at the end of the day. It probably goes back to that football tradition thing they keep talking about and the need to change the culture. Someday IU may pull a rabbit out of our hat like Purdue did with Brohm. Until that happens, a six hour time slot (minimal) devoted to attendance at Memorial Stadium maintains it's current rank in our "Things For Me
To Do Today" list of burgeoning possibilities limited only by the constraints of our imaginations.

It was a lot worse for those on the east side where the students and faculty/staff sit and they tend to leave under any circumstance. It wasn't that bad on the west side
I see what you mean.

Dp_M0NCUwAARW4i.jpg:large

I don't know how they get anybody at that pricing. It looks horrible on TV when they show how empty the seats were. It wasn't that cold but the price? IU should be selling tickets for $25 and letting people in free to fill stands after kick off . Why would any recruit see that and want to come there? Football will never ever be good at IU It was cold in WL last night, ND had a Garth Brooks concert that was packed all colder than Btown and no sun at all.
Agreed. I was in town during the Iowa game and thought about going. Looked at the ticket prices and thought nevermind. If I'm going to drop $150 on tickets for two people it's going to be for IU basketball, not IU football. It's hard to blame the fans for not wanting to pay that much money for such a poor product.

Let me see if I have this right. You just said in another thread ("Purdue versus Indiana") that you haven't been to a game since DiNardo (15+ years ago), yet you're calling people names and criticizing them for leaving early? You are an effing hypocrite. Why don't you find another board - - and team.

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
Agreed. I was in town during the Iowa game and thought about going. Looked at the ticket prices and thought nevermind. If I'm going to drop $150 on tickets for two people it's going to be for IU basketball, not IU football. It's hard to blame the fans for not wanting to pay that much money for such a poor product.

Next time you are in town on game day log onto stubhub or talk to the scalpers onsite and you can buy seats for half that.

You remind me of a company who blames their lack of sales on their customer rather than their products/services.

The only voice fans have is with their wallets/attendance. If you like what you see, support the team. If you don’t, boycott it until changes are made.

Most rational fans aren’t ok with what happened with the Wilson-Allen debacle. And they’re showing it. They have every right to.

Reactions: IUgradman

I won't comment on the product on the field, but I was stunned with the IU football ticket pricing.

I'm bringing a group (12) to the Bucket game, and couldn't believe that the cheapest price is $70 ea. Sure, there are some packages that bring that down slightly, but not nearly enough. Now we're considering just buying from scalpers, and taking the chance we'll be able to find open seats.

I've been to a few Purdue games over the past couple of years, and it's a really good move to have "non-prime" seats for pre-conference games (and B1G games like NU, others) at a price point that allows a family of 4 to attend a game. It builds great fan support when Mom and Dad ($25-30 ea.) can bring their two kids ($10-15 youth) and enjoy a day at the stadium, even if they sit in the end zone.

It's a great move to get ALL those tickets in the hands of the fans, no matter what the price. Get people in the gate. It makes Allen's job so much easier, both on the recruiting side as well as during the actual game.

You remind me of a company who blames their lack of sales on their customer rather than their products/services.

The only voice fans have is with their wallets/attendance. If you like what you see, support the team. If you don’t, boycott it until changes are made.

Most rational fans aren’t ok with what happened with the Wilson-Allen debacle. And they’re showing it. They have every right to.

Poor attendance has zero to do with the Wilson-Allen situation....that is just silly. It has to do with the product on the field, IU nation's Social event attitude toward football Saturdays and weather.

I am sorry IU fans. Please do not blame the weather. Please do not blame the traffic. Please do not blame the cost of tickets. But when our team works their butts off and has a chance to defeat a top Ten team in the last minute of the game but only has 200 fans and the band cheering for them, it is totally on the fans. Why would a good player want to come to IU to play football with this pitiful fan support? Blame the coaches and the players if you must but right now, the fans ought to just look in the mirror and see the biggest part of the problem explaining why IU does not win. And that will be the person looking back at him.

#1, they are not a top 10 team

#2, we did not have a chance to win the game. To have had a chance to win the game, unless all the defenders fell down, we would have had to have a QB capable of throwing the ball to the end zone.

#3, take any team in the country. Lets say, Notre Dame. Now, have them play 59 games against AP top 5 teams, and win 1, in the next 50-60 years. That is IU's football history. Now put them in a ****ing freezing stadium, 13 points down with 4 minutes to go, with a QB that can't throw the ball over 20 yards. How many fans would still be there?

#1, they are not a top 10 team

#2, we did not have a chance to win the game. To have had a chance to win the game, unless all the defenders fell down, we would have had to have a QB capable of throwing the ball to the end zone.

#3, take any team in the country. Lets say, Notre Dame. Now, have them play 59 games against AP top 5 teams, and win 1, in the next 50-60 years. That is IU's football history. Now put them in a ****ing freezing stadium, 13 points down with 4 minutes to go, with a QB that can't throw the ball over 20 yards. How many fans would still be there?
If I could afford to go every week I would go and I would have definitely stayed until the end. Between IU and Colts fans they are the softest football fans I have ever seen. It is either to hot and sunny or it is to cold and windy or it starts to early or late. Yes it was windy but 40+ degrees is not freezing and probably should ask Packers or Bears fans to see what freezing cold is. There were a lot more fans last years in Buffalo in December during a blizzard than there were at IU Saturday and the weather was not that bad.

Poor attendance has zero to do with the Wilson-Allen situation....that is just silly. It has to do with the product on the field, IU nation's Social event attitude toward football Saturdays and weather.
Yes, it has to do with the product. The product has drastically declined. Don’t make it more complicated than it is.

Yes, it has to do with the product. The product has drastically declined. Don’t make it more complicated than it is.

"Drastically declined" from when...1987? You bet

I actually "uncomplicated" your post. You are welcome.

Last edited:
Getting really tired of watching a half empty stadium. Frustrating to see PU have a great looking atmosphere on prime time tv. Haven’t seen a crowd like that in Memorial stadium for a long time. Not sure what it’s gonna take for Glass to change the culture but it has to change in hurry.
That culture has existed from the time I started going to games, about 1960. How can you lay that on Glass? The changes to the facilities in the past ten years have been phenomenal. We are down three points to PSU at half and half the people do not return for second half, and almost all students were gone we we recovered the on-side kick. We have always had the worst football fans in the conference. Glass would have to be able to walk on water to fix that.

Please. I am 40 years old, I can count the winning seasons we have had in my lifetime on 2 hands (9). I can count the number of winning seasons we have had since I was 17 on 1 finger (yes, we made bowls at 6-6 and lost, leaving the season at 6-7 a few times, neither of those are truly a "winning" record though). The last time we beat Ohio State, I was in the 2nd grade. The last time we beat Michigan, I believe I was in third grade. It is asking an awful lot of people to shell out the kind of money it takes to go to a game and continually see the same thing. We have been saying, "wait until next year" my entire adult life.

Fans do not coach and fans do not play. After all the futility of this program, it is a wonder that we still have anyone willing to go out and face that heartache on a regular basis.

The fans are not to blame. Blame an AD that fires the programs most successful coach and then hires Cam Cameron. Blame an AD who thinks Dinardo is a good hire. Hoeppner may have been a good one, we do not really know. We stuck with Lynch far too long, although he did get me that 1 winning season in the past 20 some odd years. Wilson was doing ok and we fired him for...well, I am not entirely sure other than they said he was a bad guy. Then we promoted Allen without a coaching search.

The fans did not do that.
Look at our attendance records. Best stretch was under Mallory and have never averaged 50,000 a game.

Win the Penn State game/type of game, and attendance WILL skyrocket. Indiana is absolutely good enough right now to have won that game. Problem is, they piss down their legs every chance they have to beat an Iowa or a Penn State.

If I could afford to go every week I would go and I would have definitely stayed until the end. Between IU and Colts fans they are the softest football fans I have ever seen. It is either to hot and sunny or it is to cold and windy or it starts to early or late. Yes it was windy but 40+ degrees is not freezing and probably should ask Packers or Bears fans to see what freezing cold is. There were a lot more fans last years in Buffalo in December during a blizzard than there were at IU Saturday and the weather was not that bad.
It is true that those teams have colder weather games. Hell we’ve had lots colder games at IU. The problem is that the chilling wind was a complete surprise and very few people were prepared for it.

We went in there with layers and a decent coat that sat under us the entire first half. By the start of the third quarter we were just in misery with that cold wind blowing and the trash flying everywhere. I got hit by a plastic sign. It was not a fun environment and even though we stuck it out ( well, actually my wife went inside) I could not blame anyone for leaving.

I don't understand the degree to which it emptied out yesterday. Was it that cold??? That windy??? There were more people at the end of the VA monsoon, fer cryin' out loud.

Understand this is coming from someone who doesn't attend games (financial reasons) and would avoid cold/wet weather even if he could (health reasons) so I'm not trying to dog anyone.
It was freakin' cold. The wind was brutal.

Jim, good on you for sticking with Indiana all these years. It is quite a bit of a commitment to spend all that money to come up from Florida, get kicked in the jewels, and then head back home. On the positive side, Bloomington has quite a bit to offer the fall traveler and alumni making a trip back to the old Alma Mater. On the negative side for the football team, I can get all of that stuff without dropping $200+ to watch Indiana football do what they do. 4 hours someone would have spent out in a cold, high wind environment, and all they could come up with is the tried and true IU cheer of, "well we gave them a good game..."

Here is the deal, I have seen quotes from former players (mostly on the basketball side but I am sure this rings true for football too) who laugh at the idea that fans are part of Indiana athletics. We are not on the team, they are. We do not ever get to use all the nice facilities that our donations pay for, they do. If the team finally starts winning games, do you think the fans are going to get credit? No, because that is asinine. We do not play.

So I have been to games and I have dropped money and time on the team that I will never get back. And people say, well, you got to spend a nice fall in Bloomington. Yeah, I did. But I can do that without IU football. Without the crowd it brings. Without the frustration of dropping several hundred on a bad product because I feel guilted in to supporting the team. I can enjoy fall weather and cooking out with friends in my backyard with the game on TV. You have to give people a reason to give up their entire day to travel down to Bloomington. Watching our football team come up just short for the umpteenth time is no longer doing that for me. Kudos to those of you who do. The University just jacked ticket prices up on all of you 25,000 or so that they can count on no matter what to cover for those of us who have given up. So thanks for subsidizing the half a game of college football I usually get to enjoy from my living room on the weekend.

Lastly, I truly feel for you guys that have been actively engaged with this for 50 years. The commitment to something that brings joy in such few and far between instances is something.
Thanks so much. I appreciate the kind words and yes, I understand your point of view. My frustration really lays with the idea that no matter what someone tries, we just continue to spin our wheels. I want it fixed before I die. A Rose Bowl or a bowl game in Florida would fix all but I would love it to happen before I croak. Right now, it is the impossible dream and it really should be better than that.

That culture has existed from the time I started going to games, about 1960. How can you lay that on Glass? The changes to the facilities in the past ten years have been phenomenal. We are down three points to PSU at half and half the people do not return for second half, and almost all students were gone we we recovered the on-side kick. We have always had the worst football fans in the conference. Glass would have to be able to walk on water to fix that.

It is his job to change that culture. He’s had a decade. Other schools have done it. IU sits on its butt and collects a fat check from the Big Ten Network every year so it should have made facilities upgrades, and even then it is still behind other schools in the conference.

It is his job to change that culture. He’s had a decade. Other schools have done it. IU sits on its butt and collects a fat check from the Big Ten Network every year so it should have made facilities upgrades, and even then it is still behind other schools in the conference.

To be fair, we have been making facility upgrades across the board. Memorial Stadium has had several upgrades. When it comes to that, Glass has been spending money on athletic facility upgrades. Now, you may wish that more money went to the football side rather than baseball, wrestling, volleyball, basketball, etc. but money has been spent.

I am not a big soccer person but our soccer program deserves to have some $$$ thrown their way too.

Reactions: Lillyr66
To be fair, we have been making facility upgrades across the board. Memorial Stadium has had several upgrades. When it comes to that, Glass has been spending money on athletic facility upgrades. Now, you may wish that more money went to the football side rather than baseball, wrestling, volleyball, basketball, etc. but money has been spent.

I am not a big soccer person but our soccer program deserves to have some $$$ thrown their way too.

The soccer program absolutely deserves great facilities. I am over the whole Glass thing. He is hamstrung by McRobbie as far as resources made available for football. Things aren’t going to change. No point in complaining any more.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT