ADVERTISEMENT

Dear Coach Cig, AD and IU

MyTeamIsOnTheFloor

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 5, 2001
Duckburg
1. Football necks.

2. Move the Rock to the west entrance, where fans and STUDENTS - the students Hep loved - can touch it and have pics with it. Inside, protected from taggers and Pee Ewe students,

3. Replace the bench bleacher seats with SOMETHING, ANYTHING with a back. BEST would be chairbacks with a small holder for a drink.

4. Build suites along the tops of the west side. "Build it and they will come".

5. Hire a game day director who's job is to create excitement EVERYWHERE ALL THE TIME on a game day. Tailgate area. Stadium. Everything. Everywhere. If it stops crowd noise - it is forbidden. If it creates excitement and crowd noise - let it happen. This person is GOD on gameday. The team does not enter until he/she says so - in the manner he/she says. Best qualified person would be a Vegas show director or a person who has worked in a TV production truck at football games - and knows/feels/understands that EVERY SECOND must be scripted and DEAD AIR is a mortal sin.

6. Make people at The Ole Miss Grove wish they had the tailgate like IU. Sell them by square footage. Need a bus site? Got em. Need a truck and picnic - got em. Need a car and picnic - got it. IU fans AND visitors.

7. Run a train back and forth on, oh, I guess maybe Indiana Avenue - from Dunn Meadow to the Battleship - places that easy to know and learn and identify and even a dumb Pee Ewe fan could use them. "Park downtown and ride the train from Dunn to the Gun." Think outside the box.

8. Contract out the concessions - stop with the amateurs. Donate to charity, but don't make them work.

9. Make Don Fischer stop calling ur Home "The Rock memorial Stadium". Use orthe other - not both at the same time. The NAME is "Memorial Stadium" - dedicatyed to veterans. The NICKNAME is The Rock. If we keep that, use it in some marketing stuff. Like a rock rolling over an opponent when we have the 10th play of a drive.

10. Just win baby.

Please no on #5. I guess that todays younger folk are so ADHD they can't stand a moment without maximum sensory stimulation but if we are playing well and winning, most of that is completely unnecessary. Winning creates an excited crowd, so it's understandable that we haven't seen a lot of that, but filling every second between plays with loud recorded music is just annoying.

1. Football necks.

2. Move the Rock to the west entrance, where fans and STUDENTS - the students Hep loved - can touch it and have pics with it. Inside, protected from taggers and Pee Ewe students,

3. Replace the bench bleacher seats with SOMETHING, ANYTHING with a back. BEST would be chairbacks with a small holder for a drink.

5. Hire a game day director who's job is to create excitement EVERYWHERE ALL THE TIME on a game day. Tailgate area. Stadium. Everything. Everywhere. If it stops crowd noise - it is forbidden. If it creates excitement and crowd noise - let it happen. This person is GOD on gameday. The team does not enter until he/she says so - in the manner he/she says. Best qualified person would be a Vegas show director or a person who has worked in a TV production truck at football games - and knows/feels/understands that EVERY SECOND must be scripted and DEAD AIR is a mortal sin.

6. Make people at The Ole Miss Grove wish they had the tailgate like IU. Sell them by square footage. Need a bus site? Got em. Need a truck and picnic - got em. Need a car and picnic - got it. IU fans AND visitors.

7. Run a train back and forth on, oh, I guess maybe Indiana Avenue - from Dunn Meadow to the Battleship - places that easy to know and learn and identify and even a dumb Pee Ewe fan could use them. "Park downtown and ride the train from Dunn to the Gun." Think outside the box.

8. Contract out the concessions - stop with the amateurs. Donate to charity, but don't make them work.

9. Make Don Fischer stop calling ur Home "The Rock memorial Stadium". Use orthe other - not both at the same time. The NAME is "Memorial Stadium" - dedicatyed to veterans. The NICKNAME is The Rock. If we keep that, use it in some marketing stuff. Like a rock rolling over an opponent when we have the 10th play of a drive.

10. Just win baby.
Make it a San Fran trolly. How cool would that be? 🤣

Reactions: vesuvius13
11. Break your tradition of no mascot and usher in the era where this team doesn’t enter the stadium without one. Make it the buffalo. The same one that Nick’s endorses. Put a jersey on it just like they do at other schools and you are good to go.

Buffalo I can support. No Mr. Hoosier Pride please.

mr.%20hoosier%20pride.jpg

Please no on #5. I guess that todays younger folk are so ADHD they can't stand a moment without maximum sensory stimulation but if we are playing well and winning, most of that is completely unnecessary. Winning creates an excited crowd, so it's understandable that we haven't seen a lot of that, but filling every second between plays with loud recorded music is just annoying.
I agree with this 100%. I don't mind the music during significant intervals of dead time ( reviews, timeouts, change of possession, etc) but I absolutely despise a 15-second blast of scoreboard noise between every play. FFS, let fans digest the action and speak to each other in that interlude. If you cant fit in at least one full chorus of the song, don't feel the urge to start it. It's like giving the tv remote to a 2-year-old who can't stop pressing buttons.

And I want the "hype guy" from the stadium this year bound, gagged, and put on a slow train to the tip of South America. If he's not bound, he might escape. If he's not gagged, we will still be able to hear him at MS from Ecuador.
Other than that, I'm good with whatever.

The Athletic Dept needs a marketing plan to fill the stadium. We need full houses to support the team on game days and to show recruits they will be supported.

They need to recruit fans. More students.

Determine things that will entice students & west sides to stay till the end of games. (Mellenkamp concert???)

Use the damn video board to show replays.

Show scores of other games & stats more often.

Get rid of the stupid stuff during time outs. No more flying hot dogs or tire races.

Get Large screen TVs in the concourse.

Broadcast the radio play by play in the concourse during the game so people can hear it.

Fix the leaks from thu upper levels

Last edited:
Hire the band director from Southern University, Florida A&M, or some other HBCU. Establish an area on 17th St. in the grass lot for them to put on a show starting two hours before game time. An hour before the game have them line up and start playing/marching around and then into the stadium to hopefully start bringing people in prior to the latter half of the first quarter.

I think Bama has a system where they track students location during games. If you are not in the stadium for all 4q, you start getting worse seats. For us I would tie it to basketball games. Have FB tickets come in late and leave early? Sit in the balcony for most of your basketball tickets.

We really need the equivalent of Illinois’ Orange Crush. One of my friend’s daughter got so many points by being an orange crush member they flew with the volleyball team to a game at UT- Austin.

I think Bama has a system where they track students location during games. If you are not in the stadium for all 4q, you start getting worse seats. For us I would tie it to basketball games. Have FB tickets come in late and leave early? Sit in the balcony for most of your basketball tickets.

We really need the equivalent of Illinois’ Orange Crush. One of my friend’s daughter got so many points by being an orange crush member they flew with the volleyball team to a game at UT- Austin.
Put a product on the field worth watching, and you won't have to coerce people to watch.

Reactions: jmdkhoosier
Not an at the stadium thing but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get rid of our in game TV promo commercial. Retire Mr Braces and the "who needs a mascot" and "what is a Hoosier" crap. Has to be the absolute worst one of these type of PROMO commercials for ANY school. It is an embarrassment.

I just want the hype guy gone. It’s so annoying. Put a product on the field that people want to see and you don’t need a hype guy anyway.

Whatever they did for traffic control the last two home games needs to be kept. Using State troopers and actually blocking side streets made getting into the grass lots a lot better. There can’t be a repeat of the homecoming traffic debacle.

Would like more in game stats shown up on the video boards. Found myself using my ESPN app a lot to see stats. It would be nice to have more TVs in the concourse and some audio in the restroom so you don’t miss the action.

Replays are a pet peeve of mine over the past 3-4 years… Show more replays. Get professionals to run the replays…so they start at the beginning of the play. Quit running replays that start 2-3 seconds after the play starts. Get better camera angles fo replays.

Love that idea. Agree on mascot. Loved the buffalo video going thru town and to stadium and how neat to have one run out of tunnel. Yes the band. Great musicians we know that but put on a show like they do down south… great dance rhythm and dancers let’s go. And heaven help us if we had cheerleaders with short hair. Sorry if u have the talent and held back because u don’t have long hair to hold a white bow. This is the time now to see the big boys game day and start implementing

I just want the hype guy gone. It’s so annoying. Put a product on the field that people want to see and you don’t need a hype guy anyway.

Whatever they did for traffic control the last two home games needs to be kept. Using State troopers and actually blocking side streets made getting into the grass lots a lot better. There can’t be a repeat of the homecoming traffic debacle.

Would like more in game stats shown up on the video boards. Found myself using my ESPN app a lot to see stats. It would be nice to have more TVs in the concourse and some audio in the restroom so you don’t miss the action.
PU scoreboard has a permanent area for ongoing game stats.

Hate to say it, but our scoreboard looks outdated compared to theirs.

Reactions: brianiu
Love that idea. Agree on mascot. Loved the buffalo video going thru town and to stadium and how neat to have one run out of tunnel. Yes the band. Great musicians we know that but put on a show like they do down south… great dance rhythm and dancers let’s go. And heaven help us if we had cheerleaders with short hair. Sorry if u have the talent and held back because u don’t have long hair to hold a white bow. This is the time now to see the big boys game day and start implementing
Dogging on the cheerleaders for their hair? Wow.

1. Football necks.

10. Just win baby.
The suites will be built on the east side. There already are some on the west but it is too high up

If they really want to get the students to attend the games....

How about this....

Next year there are 8 home games and...
For every game a student attends, and stays until the end of game, they get a 1/8 of a point increase in the letter grade of any class they choose...

Sure, never happen but worth a thought

The suites will be built on the east side. There already are some on the west but it is too high up
Nobody will pay suite dollars to stare into the sun

Plus, east side fills more - have to move seats

Tear out press box and suites and take out the ten rows along the top for suites all along the top and it removes the constantly empty seats

Gives us real suites, less empty seats

Win win

Nobody will pay suite dollars to stare into the sun

Plus, east side fills more - have to move seats

Tear out press box and suites and take out the ten rows along the top for suites all along the top and it removes the constantly empty seats

Gives us real suites, less empty seats

Win win
We will.
West still too high plus the foundation is already started on the east stands. From the original construction

Sun is not that big of an issue.

We were told pre Covid there was enough support to get phase one started but after that all plans were on hold. Hopefully the new energy in the program gets these back on track

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1
1. Football necks.

10. Just win baby.
Living in Buckyville the last 18 years... UW installs temporary chairbacks for like an extra $40 per season. They then have organizations install them for $1/back and $1 take down at end of season (I've done it with my sons' HS football team)... So $38 profit/back. I would guess they end up with about 30,000 installed (a third of Camp Randall). 30K x 38 is approx an additional $1.14M every season.

Last edited:
Living in Buckyville the last 18 years... UW installs temporary chairbacks for like an extra $40 per season. They then have organizations install them for $1/back and $1 take down at end of season (I've done it with my sons' HS football team)... So $38 profit/back. I would guess they end up with about 30,000 installed (a third of Camp Randall). 30K x 38 is approx an additional $1.14M every season.
Indiana has had these for close to 20 years also

Reactions: Bligedy
And they suck. Backmkillers that move your knees into the head of the person in front of you. Tacky crap. “Shut up and pay” quality.
Just like everyone else's unless they're premium donor seats.

Maybe take the time you spend on this forum to design something better, though that would give you less to complain about.

Just like everyone else's unless they're premium donor seats.

Maybe take the time you spend on this forum to design something better, though that would give you less to complain about.
MTIOTF is absolutely correct. A few years ago I purchased a couple of seatbacks for my wife and I. IU logo, from an IU-ownded property ( TIS bookstore on 3rd). We used them for about 3 years at MS until IU said we couldn't bring our own anymore. Security concerns, was the official excuse. The were superior in every aspect to the crappy seatbacks IU supplies for home games. For a couple of seasons I refused to purchase the official stadium seatbacks on principle, but my ass and back overruled my brain the last couple of seasons. The furnished seatbacks are god-awful quality, and they are lashed in place with zipties. Because of the placement of the bleacher brackets, one of mine is practically on top of my seat neighbor, and neither of us can slide ours over without cutting the ties. I'm not willing to risk having my pocketknife or a good set of side-cut pliers confiscated, but I'm open to suggestions if anyone here has a method for removing a ziptie that doesn't involve bringing contraband into the stadium.

It's insulting that the athletic department won't just publicly acknowledge that it's all about squeezing an extra $80 out of season ticket holders.

Last edited:
MTIOTF is absolutely correct. A few years ago I purchased a couple of seatbacks for my wife and I. IU logo, from an IU-ownded property ( TIS bookstore on 3rd). We used them for about 3 years at MS until IU said we couldn't bring our own anymore. Security concerns, was the official excuse. The were superior in every aspect to the crappy seatbacks IU supplies for home games. For a couple of seasons I refused to purchase the official stadium seatbacks on principle, but my ass and back overruled my brain the last couple of seasons. The furnished seatbacks are god-awful quality, and they are lashed in place with zipties. Because of the placement of the bleacher brackets, one of mine is practically on top of my seat neighbor, and neither of us can slide ours over without cutting the ties. I'm not willing to risk having my pocketknife or a good set of side-cut pliers confiscated, but I'm open to suggestions if anyone here has a method for removing a ziptie that doesn't involve bringing contraband into the stadium.

It's insulting that the athletic department won't just publicly acknowledge that it's all about squeezing an extra $80 out of season ticket holders.
Well, you could email them and explain the issue and ask them to move them.

I have gotten them every year for about the past 12 or so and they're fine for me. Definitely help. And before they outlawed people bring in their own, we had people around us that did so and the seats were huge and took up not only extra width but also leaned back into the people behind them or made them hard to squeeze by if you tried to walk behind them.

Any time I've had a seatback issue, I've emailed the ticket office and the issue was corrected the next week.

I have gotten them every year for about the past 12 or so and they're fine for me. Definitely help. And before they outlawed people bring in their own, we had people around us that did so and the seats were huge and took up not only extra width but also leaned back into the people behind them or made them hard to squeeze by if you tried to walk behind them.

Any time I've had a seatback issue, I've emailed the ticket office and the issue was corrected the next week.
Wow. If only I had thought of that. Only smart guys like you would think of that. Not all us other imps who’ve been hanging around for 40 years buying tickets and going to games and stupid crap like that. We would never think of trying to send an email to anybody at IU. You got an email address I can use?

We do the same thing. They aren't that comfortable.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1

The designated seats sit such that moving either of them enough to change the location of the zip-tie would move it into the next seat. I'm not sure why you are so hell-bent on defending a policy that is pretty clearly intended to gouge the university's best customers. Check my posting history - I'm not an athletic department/director basher. But I hate policies that are implemented under false pretense. Particularly where they serve no discernable purpose and especially when they squeeze the very people who already actively support your program.

The designated seats sit such that moving either of them enough to change the location of the zip-tie would move it into the next seat. I'm not sure why you are so hell-bent on defending a policy that is pretty clearly intended to gouge the university's best customers. Check my posting history - I'm not an athletic department/director basher. But I hate policies that are implemented under false pretense. Particularly where they serve no discernable purpose and especially when they squeeze the very people who already actively support your program.
You're responding to a troll. Take it for what it's worth.

Reactions: 76-1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT