ADVERTISEMENT

Have to eat a bit of Crow

Courtsensetwo

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 16, 2004
I was on record here predicting that the environment in TAH may be lacking due to

Few students
Poor performance vs tough teams
No X

I was wrong...the atmosphere was textbook IU Marquee made for TV game in the Hall. The fans in student seats were fantastik and the place was just as it should be for a prime time matchup like that.

I was wrong.

Yes the outcome and execution down the stretch were disappointing… fan engagement during the game was electric. I’m sure the visiting recruits appreciated the atmosphere. Sign ‘em up Woody.

I was on record here predicting that the environment in TAH may be lacking due to

Few students
Poor performance vs tough teams
No X

I was wrong...the atmosphere was textbook IU Marquee made for TV game in the Hall. The fans in student seats were fantastik and the place was just as it should be for a prime time matchup like that.

I was wrong.

Getting up for Kansas on a Saturday afternoon shouldn’t even be a question. What’s ridiculous is the place is half empty on Thursday nights against schools like Maryland, Michigan, and Iowa. This is Indiana for gods sake. Pack the place. The students have no excuse.

Reactions: ulrey and stollcpa
Getting up for Kansas on a Saturday afternoon shouldn’t even be a question. What’s ridiculous is the place is half empty on Thursday nights against schools like Maryland, Michigan, and Iowa. This is Indiana for gods sake. Pack the place. The students have no excuse
💯 regarding students.

Getting up for Kansas on a Saturday afternoon shouldn’t even be a question. What’s ridiculous is the place is half empty on Thursday nights against schools like Maryland, Michigan, and Iowa. This is Indiana for gods sake. Pack the place. The students have no excuse.
Tremendous ovetrstatement but I understand.

Oh, and as far as the stripe ou....I find those kinds dumb and predicted that it would fail.

Much more stripey than I expected even striped in the balconies

I seem to remember, back in 1990, actually waiting at AH with zillions of other students for tickets to 4 games....I lived in the Villas and remember walking over and waiting a couple hours and not getting the PU game.

Am I remembering this correctly? Was there a lottery system back then for our 4 student tix?

Regardless, it was a big, big deal back then. Of course, this was before cell phones, internet...back when things were actually interesting.

Seem to recall putting my name in and would get package a or b(half the home games) and then going back to get the other package of games after it was determined they had enough

My question is about the potential recruits. Did they enjoy the atmosphere or did they look at it from a winning and losing perspective?
The atmosphere would have been impressive. Winning would have capped it off but the loss was not a bad one and every recruit has experienced losing against a equal or better team. Better to bring them to that game than a cupcake game with low attendance and energy.

Seem to recall putting my name in and would get package a or b(half the home games) and then going back to get the other package of games after it was determined they had enough
I made a ton of $$ in school collecting fee receipts {usually} chicks who were not interested...getting the season allotments and selling the seats to alumni back when that worked.

Reactions: CriticArisen
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT