ADVERTISEMENT

Most points well made here today by many, but a couple more

Courtsensetwo

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 16, 2004
The crowd was fantastic, standing room only.

IU will never win the "decible war" because of the configuration of the hall, the cloth seats and the acoustic tiles on the walls and ceiling, but the place rocks and they understand what they are watching (students to a lesser degree of course).

I like the latest version of the Intro video, more updated but still pays homage to history. Interesting to watch the visiting players all watch the vid with their mouths hanging open.

You just knew at halftime taht pu had a run in them and Woody had to back off the tenacious defense to reduce foul trouble as we were getting called fo a lot. We missed three threes (two by Trey) and they hit three or so which gutted the lead.

I was impressed with Edey's soft touch and improved footwork around the rim, he is tough to stop. i was impressed as always by TJD's versatility on defense, ball handling and passing skills.

With PU's ranking i expected to see more fans in TAH but there were very few as usual, nothing like how many we take there. You could see some IU fan brough his BIL or something in a few places.

The bottom line is IU was shorthanded by 2 1/2 rotational players including our top defender plus one that we might have used for five fouls.

Congrats Woody...masterfully done.

One thing I left out was how the game was officiated.

All week I was concerned about what Edey and Furst would be allowed to get away with fro an elbow and forearm standpoint.

Bottom line is that neither really did anything dangerous and Edey was called the two times he lowered his shoulder and tried to run over TJD.

TJDs third foul was an awful call but all in all neither side could objectively complain about the whistle.

IU will never win the "decible war" because of the configuration of the hall, the cloth seats and the acoustic tiles on the walls and ceiling, but the place rocks and they understand what they are watching (students to a lesser degree of course).

I like the latest version of the Intro video, more updated but still pays homage to history. Interesting to watch the visiting players all watch the vid with their mouths hanging open.

You just knew at halftime taht pu had a run in them and Woody had to back off the tenacious defense to reduce foul trouble as we were getting called fo a lot. We missed three threes (two by Trey) and they hit three or so which gutted the lead.

I was impressed with Edey's soft touch and improved footwork around the rim, he is tough to stop. i was impressed as always by TJD's versatility on defense, ball handling and passing skills.

With PU's ranking i expected to see more fans in TAH but there were very few as usual, nothing like how many we take there. You could see some IU fan brough his BIL or something in a few places.

The bottom line is IU was shorthanded by 2 1/2 rotational players including our top defender plus one that we might have used for five fouls.

Did you pick up the "cloth seats" from another post on this forum? unless they've changed them in the last week, they aint cloth.

Since no one else here seems to want to touch on it... I'm curious about your thoughts on TJD trying start a fight with Mason Gillis.

• Haha
Reactions: kkott
Since no one else here seems to want to touch on it... I'm curious about your thoughts on TJD trying start a fight with Mason Gillis.
Wasn’t starting a fight but also wasn’t letting that shit go. These guys need to play with a chip on their shoulder. No whistle blown, so that’s a non issue.

You mean after Gillis intentionally pulled Reneau to the ground? Dirty play. Gillis is lucky all he got was a little chest bump.
So pretty much the reply I'd expect from the fan base that has spent the past week in Izzo-sized tears about the Big Bad Zach tossing players around 😥
Wasn’t starting a fight but also wasn’t letting that shit go. These guys need to play with a chip on their shoulder. No whistle blown, so that’s a non issue.
This is a much more respectable answer. I agree it was a non issue.

• Haha
Reactions: brianiu
So pretty much the reply I'd expect from the fan base that has spent the past week in Izzo-sized tears about the Big Bad Zach tossing players around 😥

Lol if it was a non issue, then why post here?

I agree with the way the call was made. Common foul and move on. You started the conversation by embellishing that TJD was trying to start a fight, so I responded in kind with Gillis’ dirty foul.

Lol if it was a non issue, then why post here?

I agree with the way the call was made. Common foul and move on. You started the conversation by embellishing that TJD was trying to start a fight, so I responded in kind with Gillis’ dirty foul.
I was asking CS2. You decided to chime in.

The Gillis foul was the non issue, per the refs' review.

Last edited:
Fair enough. Just trying to imagine the narrative had the roles been reversed.
my two cents are that TJD's response was due to Gillis' total lack of concern after throwing MR to the ground. Hard fouls to be expected in a game like that, but to throw a guy down, then just turn and walk away and not even look to see how badly you might have F'd up the guy. A bit of a prick move. If a player wants to play hockey goon, go ahead, but don't act shocked when someone puts you nose-first into the plexiglass for it.

IMHO he was not trying to start a fight. He was just making an emphatic point that he felt the play was a cheap shot.
Yep, I think just standing up for the well-being of a teammate and freshman. I liked that it was TJD, as he's not always been seen as "tough". Glad he stood up for a teammate.

Reactions: asindc
I'll have to say I was surprised we were outrebounded so badly. Didn't realize it until I heard CMP mention it in his post game comments: 38-22. 22 seems awfully low for a game total, especially a winning effort. Both teams did shoot above 50% so fewer rebounds overall, but that is a pretty large disparity. We got it back in turnovers and fast break points.

Yep, I think just standing up for the well-being of a teammate and freshman. I liked that it was TJD, as he's not always been seen as "tough". Glad he stood up for a teammate.
Really did not have a good view of it from our seats other than the board replay of the foul itself. Watching the recording yesterday, it was pretty bush league and glad TJD went over and calmly let him know that shit don't fly.

The funny part was once mugshot boy got his buddys in front of him he starts chirping at TJD over their shoulders like a badass. TJD just walks away.

Play on.

my two cents are that TJD's response was due to Gillis' total lack of concern after throwing MR to the ground. Hard fouls to be expected in a game like that, but to throw a guy down, then just turn and walk away and not even look to see how badly you might have F'd up the guy. A bit of a prick move. If a player wants to play hockey goon, go ahead, but don't act shocked when someone puts you nose-first into the plexiglass for it.
If X is playing by the time the rematch happens, we know there best be no comment from them if he fouls somebody hard.

None.

I'll have to say I was surprised we were outrebounded so badly. Didn't realize it until I heard CMP mention it in his post game comments: 38-22. 22 seems awfully low for a game total, especially a winning effort. Both teams did shoot above 50% so fewer rebounds overall, but that is a pretty large disparity. We got it back in turnovers and fast break points.
Edey is going to own the area under the rim and he got his. I suspect next game will be similar in that regard.

woody has a winning record v Painter, doesn't he?

Sure would be nice to figure out a way to win up there...

woody has a winning record v Painter, doesn't he?

Sure would be nice to figure out a way to win up there...
They will likely be even at the end of the season, but that is not the bar we need to measure him by.

Although we gave up too many offensive rebounds, the low number may be attributed to their high number of turnovers and no rebounds to be had.

You posted about TJD, "trying to start a fight". Then you agree it was a non issue? Poor troll.

There was nothing there. Refs got it right.

You posted about TJD, "trying to start a fight". Then you agree it was a non issue? Poor troll.

There was nothing there. Refs got it right.
Sounds familiar, doesn't it? Did you miss the tie in to the week-long complaining about Edey at MSU by some around here, which was also...stay with me here...a non issue?

As for the main point, which was apparently also over your head, you can't tell me that if the roles were reversed and it were a Purdue player getting in an IU player's face there wouldn't have been meltdowns from the usual suspects around here.

• Haha
Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
Sounds familiar, doesn't it? Did you miss the tie in to the week-long complaining about Edey at MSU by some around here, which was also...stay with me here...a non issue?

As for the main point, which was apparently also over your head, you can't tell me that if the roles were reversed and it were a Purdue player getting in an IU player's face there wouldn't have been meltdowns from the usual suspects around here.

Well DUH! How long did it take you to come up with that brilliant observation?

IU fans are here and ESPECIALLY when it comes to PU we are NOT going to give you any quarter and everything is going to be seen through crimson colored glasses.

You are in the wrong place for reasoned non-partisan discussion.

Edey tried to purposely injure a MSU player. TJD gave a chest bump to a Purdue player. You Purdue fan boys sure are mad.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
Well DUH! How long did it take you to come up with that brilliant observation?

IU fans are here and ESPECIALLY when it comes to PU we are NOT going to give you any quarter and everything is going to be seen through crimson colored glasses.

You are in the wrong place for reasoned non-partisan discussion.
So true…..pretty pathetic that you have to explain that to morons with low brain function that make asses of themselves and the university they support on other teams message boards.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT