ADVERTISEMENT

Why do I feel like Biden is going to lose?

Let me fill you in on a place called ALDI then. The prices are low and the cougars and milfs are plentiful. Just don't forget a quarter and some reusable bags.
i hate aldi because they don't have everything. so you end up at two stores

Reactions: DANC
My hack is going to Walmart 10am on Mondays. The timing is key because the one near us is a hellscape at all other daytime hours. I’m a meat, vegetable, fruit snob so go elsewhere for that but who cares when it’s dairy or pantry stuff. Plus, I’m now an old, so my fully expressed frugality genes are soothed w each visit.
We hit Aldi as soon as it opens. Get 75% of our groceries there. Then go to Meijer or Walmart for the rest. But yeah key to get in and out of those stores at the right time. Any grocery store can be like the 5th level of hell if you go at the wrong time.

Reactions: larsIU and manichi
LOL

i said “nearly.” Learn to read. Words matter. here's the quote

While the typical home price since then rose 45 percent. IN THE ARTICLE. can you read?

and in many places it has more than doubled. not everyone lives in the middle of indiana dumbass
You understand that 40% isn't nearly double. 50% isn't nearly double. It's half. Maybe you don't know what double means. 100% is double.

As for the California article, not everyone lives in California, dumbass. Even there, it hasn't more than doubled in three years. 240% in 20 years. Home valuation rose 45% from pre-pandemic values, causing payments to increase by 127%. That's as much to do with interest rates as property values.

Try reading what you link.

LOL

You said real estate has doubled, then linked two articles talking about interest rates and payments, where the quoted increase was 40%. 40% isn't double.

Neither article supports what you said.

You understand that 40% isn't nearly double. 50% isn't nearly double. It's half. Maybe you don't know what double means. 100% is double.

As for the California article, not everyone lives in California, dumbass. Even there, it hasn't more than doubled in three years. 240% in 20 years. Home valuation rose 45% from pre-pandemic values, causing payments to increase by 127%. That's as much to do with interest rates as property values.

Try reading what you link.
typo doing too much. i said nearly half in original post. 45% is nearly half. it's gone over that in other markets as well. so fla. arizona. etc.

Nearly half. Here 40 percent. Other areas half or more. Calif, parts of so fla. I don’t say something unless it’s accurate.

@Bloom. here. nearly half. getting sloppy

Exactly, but don't buy pre-shredded cheese. Buy it by the block and shred it yourself.
but do you understand how stupid you sound? it's no different than the gun argument. instead of acknowledging things are more expensive, there's a clear area where gun shootings are a problem, you deflect from it. well grow your own food? that is the definition of partisan stupidity. here's an idea. don't vote for biden. run out the person who was steward when all of this transpired

Reactions: DANC and Ty Webb iu
The numbers in the article aren't what you say they are, so you're either being dishonest by pushing it out there again or just not smart or sober enough to understand what those articles are saying.
home prices increased 45%. that is nearly half the price of the existing home. so at 500k $225k. new price of $725k.

The numbers in the article aren't what you say they are, so you're either being dishonest by pushing it out there again or just not smart or sober enough to understand what those articles are saying.
south fla over 50%

Well, polls say you're wrong. It's a winner for Biden. I just don't think it's enough to win by itself.

Maureen Dowd agrees with you.

There's a positive economic story to tell if it's crafted right and delivered well. It's the crafting and delivering that makes me nervous.

Reactions: larsIU

There's a positive economic story to tell if it's crafted right and delivered well. It's the crafting and delivering that makes me nervous.

No. There’s really not. The story is very simple. God help us had Biden not been stopped

No. There’s really not. The story is very simple. God help us had Biden not been stopped

Your shtick is getting really old.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and zeke4ahs
Well, polls say you're wrong. It's a winner for Biden. I just don't think it's enough to win by itself.
If it is the republicans have no one to blame but themselves. Sad state of affairs for all parties that you can’t promote what you want to do for the country to win an election.

Reactions: dr.jb

I think people need to remember that the general election is still 10 months away. That's an eternity in politics. The Biden campaign hasn't even begun yet. One Biden-aligned Super PAC is set to roll out a $75 million spend on digital "communications, research and infrastructure" leading up to the election. Big donor money continues to roll in. Messaging is still being honed.

Sure, there could be some huge game-changer like Biden keeling over or Trump shitting his pants on the debate stage. A conviction for Don the Con could make a difference as well (although I think it's becoming increasingly unlikely that there will be a verdict before Election Day). Absent something of that magnitude, though, I think once again it'll come down to 6 or 7 states.

Way too early for wailing and gnashing of teeth.

I think people need to remember that the general election is still 10 months away. That's an eternity in politics. The Biden campaign hasn't even begun yet. One Biden-aligned Super PAC is set to roll out a $75 million spend on digital "communications, research and infrastructure" leading up to the election. Big donor money continues to roll in. Messaging is still being honed.

Sure, there could be some huge game-changer like Biden keeling over or Trump shitting his pants on the debate stage. A conviction for Don the Con could make a difference as well (although I think it's becoming increasingly unlikely that there will be a verdict before Election Day). Absent something of that magnitude, though, I think once again it'll come down to 6 or 7 states.

Way too early for wailing and gnashing of teeth.
Trump shitting his pants on stage would be an improvement…and greatly worshipped by his fans.

Reactions: larsIU
If Biden strongarm's the Fed into pushing the 10 year T down below 3% (for election purposes or whatever) by Labor Day 2024...despite whatever virtue-signalling woke BS he proclaims in the meantime (as long as I don't have to endure some new beta test vaccine for pharma profitably) ...

I hereby declare I will sacrifice my better judgement, and vote Biden 2024...as a sign of my personal, non-self-serving sacrifice on the name of non-partisan politics.

Trump shitting his pants on stage would be an improvement…and greatly worshipped by his fans.
He's already taken a dump on democracy, and his supporters smeared shit on the walls of the Capitol three years ago today, so Trump dropping a deuce on a debate stage would be just a continuation of the, um, movement.

but do you understand how stupid you sound? it's no different than the gun argument. instead of acknowledging things are more expensive, there's a clear area where gun shootings are a problem, you deflect from it. well grow your own food? that is the definition of partisan stupidity. here's an idea. don't vote for biden. run out the person who was steward when all of this transpired
Do you realize how stupid you sound? Things you're saying aren't accurate. You've been shown examples. Badger me some more. Call me stupid. Call me partisan.

Call me all the things you are actually you in this discussion. Stupid and partisan.

home prices increased 45%. that is nearly half the price of the existing home. so at 500k $225k. new price of $725k.
Still...isn't...double.

I understand the math. 45% isn't double. It isn't nearly double. 50% isn't either.

You said doubled in three years. You're wrong. Move on.

Do you realize how stupid you sound? Things you're saying aren't accurate. You've been shown examples. Badger me some more. Call me stupid. Call me partisan.

Call me all the things you are actually you in this discussion. Stupid and partisan.

Still...isn't...double.

I understand the math. 45% isn't double. It isn't nearly double. 50% isn't either.

I. Said. Nearly. Half. How many times do I need to tell you. And in some areas it doubled. You move on dickhead. Your dumbass shouldn’t be allowed to vote with your progressive vapid bullshit and constant denials re pricing, shootings, anything really. Now move on.

• Love
I. Said. Nearly. Half. How many times do I need to tell you. And in some areas it doubled. You move on dickhead. Your dumbass shouldn’t be allowed to vote with your progressive vapid bullshit and constant denials re pricing, shootings, anything really. Now move on.
Nope.

This is what you said with:
Because homes are nearly twice as much as when he took office and string cheese is over $6.
You said something that wasn't accurate. Then you amended your point without ever noting you just made something up.

Nope.

This is what you said with:

You said something that wasn't accurate. Then you amended your point without ever noting you just made something up.
And I pointed to where I said nearly half long ago and said that was what I intended.

Nearly half

is this the fifth time of done it? Want a polygraph now. Fing hell you are ponderous

If that really happened on stage, he would deny it happened but still market his own brand of adult diapers.
18zimmerman-print-superJumbo.jpg

Still...isn't...double.

Part of the problem is the exploding commercial home renting industry and recent state legislation which protects the rights of "homeowners" to buy houses to rent out for profit despite local laws and regulations to the contrary.

Maybe it sounds good, but companies with cash seem to be driving up home prices beyond what people would pay if they really intended to live there.

Those rentals are really just small commercial hotels.

I am way too invested in this string cheese discussion. Which city do you live in?
This is my grocery store. There are a handful of prices that I am aware of.
Crab legs
Edy’s Ice cream
Bacon
4 pack of Starbucks bottles which for years were $4.99 and I’ve seen now for $9.39
And mother ****ing string cheese now

Reactions: Pryght
This is my grocery store. There are a handful of prices that I am aware of.
Crab legs
Edy’s Ice cream
Bacon
4 pack of Starbucks bottles which for years were $4.99 and I’ve seen now for $9.39
And mother ****ing string cheese now

My mom and step-dad worked at Edys for years.

I can't eat it anymore.

Heard on NPR today (short version): On the issue of who is a threat to democracy, Biden wins big, because Democrats and most independents agree with him. He also wins big because among people who are single-issue voters re: protecting democracy, he dominates Trump. It should be easy to see why he wants to keep playing that same song. It's a crowd favorite.

It just feels to me like most voters want more. Maybe we're fickle. Maybe we have a short attention span. But we already did Trump. The nation survived him once. Biden saved us from him once. Maybe the threat just doesn't seem that big anymore. Biden has a record now to run on. I just don't see this as a winning campaign:

J.P. Morgan predicts he’ll drop out

• Wow
Reactions: BradStevens
No way. Interesting. It’s our go-to. Chocolate fudge brownie. Good place to work?

They hook up at work?

It use to be. Not sure anymore. I remember we use to go take him lunch and they would have like 8-10 tubs of ice cream in their breakroom that we'd go ham on.

They use to get coupons for tubs of ice cream at the store all the time as well. I can't do rocky road from any brand anymore.

• Love
Reactions: mcmurtry66
It use to be. Not sure anymore. I remember we use to go take him lunch and they would have like 8-10 tubs of ice cream in their breakroom that we'd go ham on.

They use to get coupons for tubs of ice cream at the store all the time as well. I can't do rocky road from any brand anymore.
That is awesome. Ricky road is my favorite My grandpa worked at AB back when you could drink on the line. Every Friday they got two cases to take home. Some fridays he slept in the front yard. Different times

I used like like the Slow Churned, but it gets crushed by Tillamook and Cedar Crest
As someone who eats ice cream, on average, 350 days a year, the correct order is: Ben and Jerry's, Talenti gelatto, and Haagan Dazs, in that order. This is only for store bought ice cream.

There will be no argument here. That is the order.

Next topic.

[And no, I'm not fat. So shut up.]

• Haha
Reactions: NPT and mcmurtry66
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT