ADVERTISEMENT

Where is Thad Matta?

Bobbyhh

Sophomore
Oct 14, 2007
We paid him a pretty large salary to show Woodson how to transition to the College game. What did he do? Is it a possibility to switch Thad to HC and move Woodson to Thad's position?

We paid him a pretty large salary to show Woodson how to transition to the College game. What did he do? Is it a possibility to switch Thad to HC and move Woodson to Thad's position?
That was never why Thad was hired. He was hired to help Dolson. He and Woodson don’t talk (even though Matta would be open to it).

• Haha
Reactions: hookyIU1990
That was never why Thad was hired. He was hired to help Dolson. He and Woodson don’t talk (even though Matta would be open to it).
With Matta's success at Ohio State, you would think he would be a real asset to Woodson and be able to help him patch up his offense.

Reactions: 82hoosier
I don't think Woodson needs help. He needs better players.
I disagree. I think this team is talented enough to play anyone. TJD will be a top NBA player and I think Race and XJ are as talented as any 2 or 3 player in the Big 10. Next years team will not be as talented and so far, he does not have any top 20 talent lined up to play here. That makes me a little nervous that his system requires major talent to compete for the Big Ten and make the tournament. But, I think if he utilizes Thad, he may be able to develop and do more with the players he has and that will lead to better players in the future wanting to come here.

• Haha
Reactions: BleedinGold
I disagree. I think this team is talented enough to play anyone. TJD will be a top NBA player and I think Race and XJ are as talented as any 2 or 3 player in the Big 10. Next years team will not be as talented and so far, he does not have any top 20 talent lined up to play here. That makes me a little nervous that his system requires major talent to compete for the Big Ten and make the tournament. But, I think if he utilizes Thad, he may be able to develop and do more with the players he has and that will lead to better players in the future wanting to come here.

Stop. TJD won't get drafted. Race and X, by Coaches, did not even get All BT HM. Kopp, Durr and Stewart are mid major players. RP is a defensive gem but no O. The rest might be BT level players but are young.

We are what our record says...a .500 team against P5 schools.

Woodson has plenty of good experienced coach voices on the team. And probably another list of coaches and former coaches outside the program that he talks with. He has the job - and has a right to involve whomever he trusts. Looked pretty good out there today. Given where he started with what could have been a depleted roster, he has done a fine job.

Woodson has plenty of good experienced coach voices on the team. And probably another list of coaches and former coaches outside the program that he talks with. He has the job - and has a right to involve whomever he trusts. Looked pretty good out there today. Given where he started with what could have been a depleted roster, he has done a fine job.
I still have questions , getting some T's and showing some fire is good. Beats Archie for sure. The fact he stuck with a lineup that was working instead of the usual is a good start. If we had better shooting , Galloway needs to at least get a mid range jumper. X since the suspension has been better than anyone could have hoped and was outstanding today from getting the lead to managing the lead at the end

Reactions: iulb
I still have questions , getting some T's and showing some fire is good. Beats Archie for sure. The fact he stuck with a lineup that was working instead of the usual is a good start. If we had better shooting , Galloway needs to at least get a mid range jumper. X since the suspension has been better than anyone could have hoped and was outstanding today from getting the lead to managing the lead at the end
I’ve noticed he changes lineups when guys are tired. They had more energy today. I didn’t see guys tugging shirts.

I do. They have zero interaction during games (not that they should given that Matta is an AD), and reportedly zero interaction outside of games.
There were at least 2 interactions in today's game alone.

Who is reporting zero interactions outside of games? Interesting that you put that "outside of games" qualifier in your statement after declaring they have zero interaction during games.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
There were at least 2 interactions in today's game alone.

Who is reporting zero interactions outside of games? Interesting that you put that "outside of games" qualifier in your statement after declaring they have zero interaction during games.
TOS is reporting that Matta is not leaned on by Woodson for advice and that they don’t really have a relationship.

They are also reporting that Woodson doesn’t listen to his assistants, and only takes advice from the DOBO, and two outside consultants. Everything I’ve seen this year backs that up.

TOS is reporting that Matta is not leaned on by Woodson for advice and that they don’t really have a relationship.

They are also reporting that Woodson doesn’t listen to his assistants, and only takes advice from the DOBO, and two outside consultants. Everything I’ve seen this year backs that up.
How do you get "don't talk", let alone "zero interaction" out of that?

And they are more likely than not, incorrect. Or there would be reported examples of this other than speculation.

And they are more likely than not, incorrect. Or there would be reported examples of this other than speculation.
They are reporting it as well as Dakich. How many more people do you need to report it before you believe it? Better yet, who else would report that? That’s basically all the IU media unless you count the clown staff at this site with no connections.

Well, that's the acid talking, but in hindsight, today I saw something that could be a problem for anyone. IF we game plan against the competition/matchups and learn some old school tricks. I do believe we can do some serious damage just running GlobeTrotter stuff and I bet Woodson could coach that fast, not tomorrow, but hoping they pull another upset .... we're almost definitely in and we play that game, nobody knows how to handle that shit, that's why it's entertaining. We should run that and mess with minds if we get there. nothing to lose

How do you see what I just typed as a good thing? “Zero interaction”, “no relationship”, same thing.
Not remotely the same thing as today's game showed. And why do think Woody should lean on Matta?

Woody is there to run his team the way he sees fit, not the way Matta thinks it should be ran. If he succeeds or fails, it's on him, not Matta.

Edit: Best of luck to you and TOS's info.

They are reporting it as well as Dakich. How many more people do you need to report it before you believe it? Better yet, who else would report that? That’s basically all the IU media unless you count the clown staff at this site with no connections.
If one person reports it with a source or evidence of some kind I will certainly consider it. The shock jock could be reading the same stupid shit you are and saying it because he has done shit like that his whole career.

Not remotely the same thing as today's game showed. And why do think Woody should lean on Matta?

Woody is there to run his team the way he sees fit, not the way Matta thinks it should be ran. If he succeeds or fails, it's on him, not Matta.

Edit: Best of luck to you and TOS's info.
Matta is the 2nd best Big Ten coach of the last two decades and Woodson had no college experience, and struggled this year. He absolutely should have been all over Matta for advice.

If one person reports it with a source or evidence of some kind I will certainly consider it. The shock jock could be reading the same stupid shit you are and saying it because he has done shit like that his whole career.
Lol it’s pretty well known Rabby’s source on the current staff is Fife.

Literally nothing you said here is correct

Well, that's the acid talking, but in hindsight, today I saw something that could be a problem for anyone. IF we game plan against the competition/matchups and learn some old school tricks. I do believe we can do some serious damage just running GlobeTrotter stuff and I bet Woodson could coach that fast, not tomorrow, but hoping they pull another upset .... we're almost definitely in and we play that game, nobody knows how to handle that shit, that's why it's entertaining. We should run that and mess with minds if we get there. nothing to lose
Non Big 10 teams in the tournament could be a different story. TJD can run for sure and making him look better. The best thing was getting the ball up the court fast instead of wasting 10-15 seconds all the time

Have a good one buddy.
You could have been talking about Fife as his source or about Woodson not listening to his assistants.

I have a screenshot from the game chat today stating that Woodson doesn’t listen to his assistants.

They’ve locked Dakich out of the club. Trust me on that. He’s absolutely spouting what he reads on forums.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT