ADVERTISEMENT

Well, they just killed the sacrificial lamb

kurt cloverdales

All-American
Mar 3, 2020
ss director resigned. ass backwards country, subordinates screw up one time you're out of a job. and we wonder why we have incompetence in government, Trump will probably have his McDonalds delivery boy take over the ss

Reactions: Bill4411
Well, she has to go, right? It was a massive failure of her agency. Whether or not she had any oversight of the actual venue in this instance, her answers yesterday made her look incompetent. Heck, look at her response to AOC's question of why the perimeter was only 200 yards. She basically responds, "Because that's where we set it up." Lol.

You don't survive a ball dropping of this magnitude.

ss director resigned. ass backwards country, subordinates screw up one time you're out of a job. and we wonder why we have incompetence in government, Trump will probably have his McDonalds delivery boy take over the ss
Seriously?

I don't even think this was a close call. Honestly, she should've been fired. This is precisely how accountability works. It doesn't matter how much or little she was personally involved in the Butler County operation. She's in charge of an agency that failed very badly and very publicly. That kid was on their radar for a half-hour before they finally engaged him. And he was able to get off 8 shots -- including a hit?

Cheatle has zero, zero defense here. Even she knew that. The only thing that surprised me is how long it took for this to happen.

Last edited:
Drunk On One GIF

Seriously?

I don't even think this was a close call. Honestly, she should've been fired. This is precisely how accountability works. It doesn't matter how much or little she was personally involved in the Butler County operation. She's in charge of an agency that failed very badly and very publicly. That kid was on their radar for a half-hour before they finally engaged him. And he was able to get off 8 shots -- including a hit?

Cheadle has zero, zero defense here. Even she knew that. The only thing that surprised me is how long it took for this to happen.
so, the ss protects probably 100s of people, Shes supposed to be everywhere at once? does Trump bear any responsibility? guy has been holding rally's since he left office, we want a well-armed society this just one of the bad side effects we have to endure, if they would let everyone bring a gun to the rally I'm sure someone would have taken him out before he shot at trump

Seriously?

Cheadle has zero, zero defense here. Even she knew that. The only thing that surprised me is how long it took for this to happen.
I have mixed feelings on it to be honest. If we “reward” the best and brightest of people who arise to these positions with the constant threat of being fired if something goes wrong, the applicant pool is going to result in absolute garbage overtime.

What happened is the same thing that would happen in the military, but after extensive investigation. I think my probably over-simplistic take is that if what happened that day happened as a result of misallocation of resources, or following faulty processes (implemented by her leadership team) that result in higher risk to protectees, then I get it. But if it was just a total perfect storm of nonsense that happened, which is the more likely scenario to me, I think forcing someone out that quickly without really trying to figure out what happened is just playing into the hands of the posses.

Shes supposed to be everywhere at once?

Nope. But this isn't how leadership and accountability work. That said, I most certainly don't think the rolled heads should stop with Cheatle's. The whole ordeal is being reviewed -- and I would hope and expect we'll see others held appropriately to account.

does Trump bear any responsibility?

No, he doesn't. It's the Secret Service's job to protect these people -- not their job to do it. And they failed spectacularly at it.

Again, this was an easy call. I'm surprised to learn that anybody is objecting to it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 76-1
I have mixed feelings on it to be honest. If we “reward” the best and brightest of people who arise to these positions with the constant threat of being fired if something goes wrong, the applicant pool is going to result in absolute garbage overtime.

What happened is the same thing that would happen in the military, but after extensive investigation. I think my probably over-simplistic take is that if what happened that day happened as a result of misallocation of resources, or following faulty processes (implemented by her leadership team) that result in higher risk to protectees, then I get it. But if it was just a total perfect storm of nonsense that happened, which is the more likely scenario to me, I think forcing someone out that quickly without really trying to figure out what happened is just playing into the hands of the posses.

As I said above, I certainly don't think the terminations should cease with Cheadle. But, to your point, it's entirely appropriate for the rest of them to await the findings of the IG's investigation. I certainly don't think that anybody and everybody who played any role that day should be fired. The accountability needs to go where it belongs.

But there's zero question to me that the first stop is the director's desk.

If it was a professional sniper with a shot from 1000 yards, then she probably deserves some slack. But to have a 20 year old climb on a building and shoot from 130 yards and she has zero answers after 10 days....well, that's just unbelievable.

As I said above, I certainly don't think the terminations should cease with Cheadle. But, to your point, it's entirely appropriate for the rest of them to await the findings of the IG's investigation. I certainly don't think that anybody and everybody who played any role that day should be fired. The accountability needs to go where it belongs.

But there's zero question to me that the first stop is the director's desk.
knee jerk reaction, which is typical, probably got rid of the person most qualified to fix the breach

Reactions: UncleMark
The delivery boy probably would have done a better job. Have no idea her salary but I'm sure she was compensated very well and when shit goes wrong on your watch it should fall on you. From her interview it seemed as if she was in over her head, bad hire and those tend to produce bad consequences.

The delivery boy probably would have done a better job. Have no idea her salary but I'm sure she was compensated very well and when shit goes wrong on your watch it should fall on you. From her interview it seemed as if she was in over her head, bad hire and those tend to produce bad consequences.
should have Bush resigned the day after 9-11?

Reactions: UncleMark

If we can’t have the expectation of to stopping that doofus from what he did, then the entire SS needs to be disbanded.

so, the ss protects probably 100s of people, Shes supposed to be everywhere at once? does Trump bear any responsibility? guy has been holding rally's since he left office, we want a well-armed society this just one of the bad side effects we have to endure, if they would let everyone bring a gun to the rally I'm sure someone would have taken him out before he shot at trump
You’re asking if it’s partly Trumps fault that he got shot?

Really?

I bet you know nothing about her qualification, and background, you act as if someone appointed an investment banker to solve the problems in the middle east.

knee jerk reaction, which is typical, probably got rid of the person most qualified to fix the breach

I've seen dudes get fired because they couldn't tell a VP of Sales the vacation schedule of the person who would sign his contracts or explain how their exec sponsor was going to gain board approval for a project. None of that involved anyone's death. Welcome to the real world.

should have Bush resigned the day after 9-11?

I bet you know nothing about her qualification, and background, you act as if someone appointed an investment banker to solve the problems in the middle east.
Sometimes you just get a lemon, it happens she is less than 2 years on the job and she had an epic failure. With great responsibility comes great consequences.

When it is all said and done she let a would be assassin within 200 yards of a protected official, thankfully he missed a shot I can make 100 our a 100 times.

Sometimes you just get a lemon, it happens she is less than 2 years on the job and she had an epic failure. With great responsibility comes great consequences.

When it is all said and done she let a would be assassin within 200 yards of a protected official, thankfully he missed a shot I can make 100 our a 100 times.
you didn't answer the bush question

That crack about the McDonald’s delivery boy was uncalled for!

If he did I guarantee you the guy could do a better job..

The problems at the Secret Service do clearly run much deeper than just the Director..., but based solely on her performance in front of Congress she had to go...

Hopefully Trump will survive long enough to be able to revamp what's become a third team outfit...

Last edited:

Her performance in front of Congress doomed her. That's on her.

There was a bipartisan push for her to resign:

This is all I needed to see and hear yesterday. Mace just lit her up and rightfully so.

Rep. Nancy Mace: "Would you like to use my five minutes to draft your resignation letter? Yes or no?”

Cheatle: “No. Thank you.”

Rep. Nancy Mace : “Was this a colossal failure? Yes or no?”

Cheatle: “Yes.”

Rep. Nancy Mace: “Was this tragedy preventable? Yes or no?”

Cheatle “Yes.”

Rep. Nancy Mace: “How many, how many Secret Service personnel have lost their jobs due to this colossal failure at this time?”

Cheatle: “None.”

Rep. Nancy Mace: “Nine days and you have no answers.”

A little refresher...

Now on face value that would seem to be a good approach, problem is the Biden team to it to the extreme, excluding the best qualified to match their DEI expectations...

Cheatle on paper should have been qualified but it's fairly obvious now that she wasn't... There were plenty of guys out there with both law enforcement and military experience who were a better fit for the job... She floated to the top for two reasons: she was female and Jill liked her... That's Not the best way to chose a Director of the Secret Service...

If you watched any of the hearing you'd know she is worthless. If you didn't watch any of the hearing you should stfu.

She said at the hearing that the SS protects 36 people full-time; to be fair, she very well could be wrong about the #.

'Misallocation of resources'? You mean 12 SS agents from the Pittsburgh office guarding Dr. Jill and 3 guarding Trump?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT