ADVERTISEMENT

VanPastorMan, are you holding services today?

See...I knew we could never REALLY get along. Carrot cake is for fascists.

But, I agree with all of your good pies and only disagree with you on pecan pie.

That's just rude. You made the comparison. There are a terrific number of cakes better that Carrot Cake so they are all better than Pecan Pie. It's simple math. You just happened to pick one of "worst" cakes and it's still better than Pecan Pie.

Chocolate cakes, Angel Food cakes, Red Velvet cakes, Devil's Food cakes, Lemon cakes. None of 'em would roll across a kitchen to pee on a Pecan Pie if it were on fire. You could look it up.

That's just rude. You made the comparison. There are a terrific number of cakes better that Carrot Cake so they are all better than Pecan Pie. It's simple math. You just happened to pick one of "worst" cakes and it's still better than Pecan Pie.

Chocolate cakes, Angel Food cakes, Red Velvet cakes, Devil's Food cakes, Lemon cakes. None of 'em would roll across a kitchen to pee on a Pecan Pie if it were on fire. You could look it up.

While I strenuously disagree, this is an early favorite for CPOY (Cooler Post of the Year.)

See...I knew we could never REALLY get along. Carrot cake is for fascists.

But, I agree with all of your good pies and only disagree with you on pecan pie.
Yes, I put carrot cake right up there with fruitcake.

Reactions: hoosboot
bc6dfaca-db2a-455d-b1b4-7b8218df13e6_text_hi.gif

Didn't mean for the two groups to be all-inclusive. Generally, fruit pies are great; the others? Not so much. Usually way too sweet.

Although, Key Lime is great.

Pecan Pie, however, is an abomination.

WRT cakes, there's Pineapple Upside Down Cake . . . And then a mic drop.
I can’t help myself first the pie crust must be made with lard! I am in general agreement on fruit pies however the proper order, of course is blueberry apple cherry raspberry strawberry peach!

Who puts nuts in a pie or vegetables in either abomination of the highest order!! Carrots are for dipping in your favorite whatever or eaten raw damn barbarians as for pecans in a pie I simply shudder in utter horror and do not get me started on rhubarb for god sake we live in the 21st century the humanity!

Now have you ever had French cream or pumpkin well fluffy pumpkin pie with home made whip cream, yummy!

Now as to cake is it a special occasion because I am a traditionalist birthday, wedding, anniversary and signed final divorce papers all require a cake and THE very best cake is moist yellow cake covered in homemade whipped chocolate frosting unless you side with free will as opposed to a deterministic approach to existence.

If this makes no sense no sweat bored and the cat is a napping, also do have to say I kid I kid, also you may all feel free to stay at least 6 miles from me it’s for your benefit I am just a wee bit grouchy no Marx just a lot of lame lame well I will just go crawl back under my rock now......

PS I hate English the language not the people of you have to explain every little detail or you become misconstrued argh think I will pop Captain Ron in and dream of a tropical vacation.....aloha the greeting for gods sake people again!?!?!?

PPS this post for clarity should be read with the following firmly in mind vbseg what else can I say but old fart alert!

all spelling and grammar errors are the phone’s fault little itty bitty &$(@&)((keys

I can’t help myself first the pie crust must be made with lard! I am in general agreement on fruit pies however the proper order, of course is blueberry apple cherry raspberry strawberry peach!

Who puts nuts in a pie or vegetables in either abomination of the highest order!! Carrots are for dipping in your favorite whatever or eaten raw damn barbarians as for pecans in a pie I simply shudder in utter horror and do not get me started on rhubarb for god sake we live in the 21st century the humanity!

Now have you ever had French cream or pumpkin well fluffy pumpkin pie with home made whip cream, yummy!

Now as to cake is it a special occasion because I am a traditionalist birthday, wedding, anniversary and signed final divorce papers all require a cake and THE very best cake is moist yellow cake covered in homemade whipped chocolate frosting unless you side with free will as opposed to a deterministic approach to existence.

If this makes no sense no sweat bored and the cat is a napping, also do have to say I kid I kid, also you may all feel free to stay at least 6 miles from me it’s for your benefit I am just a wee bit grouchy no Marx just a lot of lame lame well I will just go crawl back under my rock now......

PS I hate English the language not the people of you have to explain every little detail or you become misconstrued argh think I will pop Captain Ron in and dream of a tropical vacation.....aloha the greeting for gods sake people again!?!?!?

PPS this post for clarity should be read with the following firmly in mind vbseg what else can I say but old fart alert!

all spelling and grammar errors are the phone’s fault little itty bitty &$(@&)((keys
giphy.gif

Alcohol and kids don’t mix...

I like this. Has to be bourbon-fueled. A laudable effort which should not go unnoticed and unappreciated.

I had a bunch of rye yesterday afternoon and evening. Just about time to move on today from Robert the Bruce.

Got Rickrolled yesterday by The Kid Down the Hall. Sent over a link that stated Governor DeWine was ordering the cessation of alcohol sales in Ohio. Opened the link and ... Boom.

Anyway, two new bottles of Woodford. I'll be good for several days.

Keep up the good work and don't be a stranger.

I like this. Has to be bourbon-fueled. A laudable effort which should not go unnoticed and unappreciated.

I had a bunch of rye yesterday afternoon and evening. Just about time to move on today from Robert the Bruce.

Got Rickrolled yesterday by The Kid Down the Hall. Sent over a link that stated Governor DeWine was ordering the cessation of alcohol sales in Ohio. Opened the link and ... Boom.

Anyway, two new bottles of Woodford. I'll be good for several days.

Keep up the good work and don't be a stranger.

What was the thinking behind the cessation of alcohol sales in Ohio??? :confused: Are people starting to have trouble keeping the lines straight while they're repainting their Woody Hayes Shrine rooms? ;)

Reactions: Univee2
Uh, move Pecan up into good pie and add Key Lime into GREAT PIE!

Also add lemon meringue, banana creme pie, any sort of chocolate or butterscotch pudding type pie, sugar pie.

Any sort of pie fashioned out of something that would not otherwise appear as a desert (that is, sweet potato, mincemeat) is wrong...except pumpkin pie which is acceptable in November.
Agree completely, with exception to pumpkin pie. That's just wrong. I don't want no pie made of pumpkin. On Thanksgiving, I'm eating pecan pie.

Reactions: hoosboot
Remember this lady that LOVED rhubarb?

OMG that is hilarious! When I lived in Nappanee, I had rhubarb growing out by my alley about like in this video. I never cut it and I always noticed someone would come along and take it, and that was fine with me. I wonder if the exchange went like that. LOL.

Rhubarb pie can be truly amazing. It's a difficult thing to get right. But one of the best slices of pie I ever ate was rhubarb, at an authentic Amish place in Elkhart Co.

And rhubarb and strawberry pie is also good.

Wussy cake guys just want to stick their fingers in a glop of overly-sweet icing. Makes my teeth hurt just thinking about it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT