ADVERTISEMENT

VanPastorMan, are you holding services today?

For as Romans 3:23 says we all have sinned and have fallen short of the glory of God.

The point is, if one consistently says all have sinned and fall short, that is one thing. That means posting it in a story about gays, straight, Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump. Have you ever felt the need to remind us that Donald Trump falls short of the glory of God? I am sure you will say it now, but before reading this?

If you only bring that out to hammer gays, it does not mean what you think it does.

For me, I see people like you saying we all sin, but then refusing to allow gays to their church or refusing to serve gays or want gays kicked out of the military. IF being gay is a sin, and we both know the number of times Jesus mentions homosexuality, it is no worse than any sin I or you commit. So why do some of us treat homosexuality worse than other sinners. If you look at another with lust, you have committed adultery. Yet we do not refuse to bake cakes for those people. We never threw them out of the military. We did not force conversion therapy on them.

I

Pies are for simpletons. Cakes are for connoisseurs.
-7SC8KmXwmcNjqmYboTAYw3g0RgdPTijWh_HlLyHhFCzop5oiyB1n5cJqCL-fkzOdH4PS2jELeZfxIBMNnumeaxFEJLei3Naqi36K-Y=w600-l68

For those that can't decide which is best..... a pake. :)

You mean the recording of you calling a lesbian a "thing" and "it"? Shouldn't you leave judgment up to the Lord?

Where exactly did I say anything about the LGBT bill? I was called vile by Twenty, but I explained Romans 1-3 to show that all have sinned. Where am I singling any group? I don't imply things. I say exactly what I mean. Can you show me where I made a comment about LGBT people?

1200px-PrekmurskaGibanica1.JPG

Prekmurska gibanica.

The renowned “moving” cake from the Prekmurja region of Slovenia. When made right it rolls, walks, and prances across the table, pissing on everything any of you mentioned...

You don’t know if two men or two women who happen to love each other have ever committed any “sin” that you claim “we all have sinned.” YOU DO NOT KNOW THAT. For all you know, the only “sin” they have committed is to love each other. What exactly does Jesus say about love?

Removing the sexuality part out of that, from a Christian perspective he does know that they have sinned because literally everyone has.

And asking what Jesus says about love is a pretty superficial approach as well given the different types of love that there are. When Jesus says to "love everyone as you would yourself" he is not saying that sexually.

More likely he is speaking of agape (unconditional, like parent to child) while any sexual type of relationship would be eros love. There is also philia (brotherly) love and storge (familial...parent/child could fall here too depending on the family dynamic...but I view this more as how you love your grandparents or aunts and uncles).

Removing the sexuality part out of that, from a Christian perspective he does know that they have sinned because literally everyone has.

And asking what Jesus says about love is a pretty superficial approach as well given the different types of love that there are. When Jesus says to "love everyone as you would yourself" he is not saying that sexually.

More likely he is speaking of agape (unconditional, like parent to child) while any sexual type of relationship would be eros love. There is also philia (brotherly) love and storge (familial...parent/child could fall here too depending on the family dynamic...but I view this more as how you love your grandparents or aunts and uncles).
You left out the fifth... kaintuckia.

How about a good mushy bread pudding? We've been known to buy day old bake goods, like cinnamon rolls, and turn them into bread pudding. Excellent.

Is the only difference between bread pudding and french toast is that maple syrup goes on one but not the other?

I'm vile....ok now that is your opinion. Here is the truth. All of us have sinned and have fallen short of the glory of God. That includes you,me and everyone else. It's why Jesus died because when He died His death was sacrificial. As God's only begotten Son who became a human His death was eternally sufficient to take on eternal wrath that the Father put on Him. I tell kids this. "Can you imagine how you would feel if your brother or sister took a spanking that you deserved. How would you feel about them? It would be gratitude. This is why you should believe in Christ and be thankful. He took your punishment upon Himself so you wouldn't have to be punished". The wages of sin (what we earn) is death but the gift of God is Eternal Life through Christ.(Romans 6:23) So do LGBT folks deserve death? Yes, but so do you and I. All have sinned and have fallen short of the Glory of God (Romans 3:23)
Growing up a farm boy, I was blessed with a mother who could bake. Every Sunday my mother would make some kind of dessert that us heathens would consider heavenly.

But on special occasions- when she needed to make a dessert for a function- she would make two desserts. One for the function and one for us. She would get done baking them and pick the one that looked the best/most appealing and say, "this cake is for you, and this is the cake I'm taking to the event."

Now both cakes, I'm sure, were delicious. And many times they were hard to tell apart, because they both looked so divine, but Lord help us if we cut the wrong cake. Hell hath no fury. I can hear her now, "here I've been in this kitchen, all Saturday afternoon, baking these cakes. I did you a favor and made you one, and all I ever asked in return was that you not touch THAT cake. This is the thanks I get?"

In your post on TOS- that has been linked several times- you not only condemn homosexuality, but also the politicians that voted for a bill, that would give LGBTQ people equal protection under the law. Some might say it was a bill that shows compassion and understanding for people that aren't quite like you and I, and you castigate people to hell over, not only homosexuality, but supporting a bill.

In the Bible, Jesus is asked specifically what it takes to enter the kingdom of heaven. And his answer wasn't about homosexuality, or sins of the flesh, he said, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”

Yes, we all have sinned. I know this because we have an entire culture, economy, and civilization built upon eating the one cake Jesus asked us not to eat. And you continuously vote for, and espouse, and support the people who are the largest hogs at the trough. You do this while directly hurting the very people who Jesus asked you to help. You point and condemn, while your face is covered in icing and your chest the crumbs.

JUST STOP.

Last edited:
How about a good mushy bread pudding? We've been known to buy day old bake goods, like cinnamon rolls, and turn them into bread pudding. Excellent.
Nope nope and nope. I’ve gotten a little better as a grown up, but drove my mom crazy with the texture thing. No pudding, there might be a lump. No gravy, mashed potatoes, rice, pulp in oj, etc.

Yes, we all have sinned. I know this because we have an entire culture, economy, and civilization, built upon eating the one cake Jesus asked us not to eat. And you continuously vote for, and espouse, and support, the people who are the largest hogs at the trough. You do this, while directly hurting the very people who Jesus asked you to help. You point and condemn, while your face is covered in icing and your chest the crumbs.

Yeah...no. Voting for some rich guy to pay more taxes to pay for welfare programs to help the "poor" does not equate to fulfilling Jesus' admonishment to help the poor. Sorry.

Additionally, there is an argument to be made that the government programs espoused by the other party in your example are also deleterious to the "poor".

(I put poor in scare quotes because poor is relative to location. In Jesus thoughts, the Democrats should not be so caught up in wanting the "poor" to have what the middle class have, and the middle class should not care what the rich have....because none of that matters. The Republicans should not care about tax rates either. Helping the poor is supposed to be a personal decision.)

Growing up a farm boy, I was blessed with a mother who could bake. Every Sunday my mother would make some kind of dessert that us heathens would consider heavenly.

But on special occasions- when she needed to make a dessert for a function- she would make two desserts. One for the function and one for us. She would get done baking them and pick the one that looked the best/most appealing and say, "this cake is for you, and this is the cake I'm taking to the event."

Now both cakes, I'm sure, were delicious. And many times they were hard to tell apart, because they both looked so divine, but Lord help us if we cut the wrong cake. Hell hath no fury. I can hear her now, "here I've been in this kitchen, all Saturday afternoon, baking these cakes. I did you a favor and made you one, and all I ever asked in return, was that you not touch THAT cake. This is the thanks I get?"

In your post on TOS- that has been linked several times- you not only condemn homosexuality, but also the politicians that voted for a bill, that would give LGBTQ people equal protection under the law. Some might say it was a bill that shows compassion and understanding for people that aren't quite like you and I, and you castigate people to hell over, not only homosexuality, but supporting a bill.

In the Bible, Jesus is asked specifically, what it takes to enter the kingdom of heaven. And his answer wasn't about homosexuality, or sins of the flesh, he said, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”

Yes, we all have sinned. I know this because we have an entire culture, economy, and civilization, built upon eating the one cake Jesus asked us not to eat. And you continuously vote for, and espouse, and support, the people who are the largest hogs at the trough. You do this, while directly hurting the very people who Jesus asked you to help. You point and condemn, while your face is covered in icing and your chest the crumbs.).

JUST STOP.

Respectfully . . . . .Easter is coming. That moots the point of this post.

I’d like to see a follow up on testing. I had forgotten Pence’s statement that we would have 5M by March 13. Instead we hit 1M in the aggregate on March 30. This lack of testing is why Governor DeWine of OH yesterday said that the peak in his state is a 30 day window on mid April to mid May.

Nope nope and nope. I’ve gotten a little better as a grown up, but drove my mom crazy with the texture thing. No pudding, there might be a lump. No gravy, mashed potatoes, rice, pulp in oj, etc.

Oh my. How can one go through life without enjoying a meal of pot roast, mashed potatoes and gravy? Have you looked into conversion therapy?

The acid test: Chewy or crunchy cocolate chip cookies?

Reactions: anon_mlxxvlbug9dpa

Now both cakes, I'm sure, were delicious. And many times they were hard to tell apart, because they both looked so divine, but Lord help us if we cut the wrong cake. Hell hath no fury. I can hear her now, "here I've been in this kitchen, all Saturday afternoon, baking these cakes. I did you a favor and made you one, and all I ever asked in return was that you not touch THAT cake. This is the thanks I get?"

In the Bible, Jesus is asked specifically what it takes to enter the kingdom of heaven. And his answer wasn't about homosexuality, or sins of the flesh, he said, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”

Yes, we all have sinned. I know this because we have an entire culture, economy, and civilization built upon eating the one cake Jesus asked us not to eat. And you continuously vote for, and espouse, and support the people who are the largest hogs at the trough. You do this while directly hurting the very people who Jesus asked you to help. You point and condemn, while your face is covered in icing and your chest the crumbs.

JUST STOP.
Preaching to the skewer...

Okay, I get the texture thing; to a certain extent it's one of my issues, but something tells me you're way out of bounds...

If it were that simple, why does my Bible have so many pages in it?

Excellent question. I don't have an answer. Martin Luther, believing that common people should know and understand scripture, devoted his life to studying and interpreting the Bible. Yet he summed up Salvation in simple declarative sentences.

How did you come up with that ungodly assortment of sports teams to follow?
I grew up in southern Indiana, born in 1962.

IU- a natural fit. I became a fan when George McGinnis committed to IU in 1969, I was 7.
Pacers- natural fit. I became a fan when I saw them at the fairgrounds Coliseum in 1969. I was 7.
Reds- a natural fit. I became a fan of the Big Red machine in their first WS appearance in 1970. I was 8.

Patriots- there was no NFL team in indiana then. I was not much of a football fan, but I loosely followed the Patriots from afar, which was hard to do back then, after they drafted Sam Cunningham from USC. I was fascinated by his Rose Bowl performance. To me, Randall Cunningham will always be known as Sam's little brother. I lived in NE from 1984-87 and then from 1996-2005, so I became a diehard fan by 1996, the Super Bowl run under Parcells.

Remember, every resident of Indiana who was a fan of any NFL team before 1984, and is now a Colts fan, is a BANDWAGON JUMPER, disloyal to their original team, unless they happened to like Baltimore pre-1984.

Reactions: anon_mlxxvlbug9dpa
Oh my. How can one go through life without enjoying a meal of pot roast, mashed potatoes and gravy? Have you looked into conversion therapy?

The acid test: Chewy or crunchy cocolate chip cookies?
Well chocolate changes everything. Fresh out of the oven, chewy. If not warm, crunchy.

Okay, I get the texture thing; to a certain extent it's one of my issues, but something tells me you're way out of bounds...
I used to be the pickiest eater in the world, which is very difficult when you enjoy travel as much as I do. Rice is a mainstay in nearly every single place I’ve visited. I’ve gotten a little better. The only reason my mother didn’t kill me is that I was absolutely fine eating the exact same thing every single day and making do with whatever was there. If I liked nothing but crackers at a meal, I’d eat the crackers and be happy.

I grew up in southern Indiana, born in 1962.

IU- a natural fit. I became a fan when George McGinnis committed to IU in 1969, I was 7.
Pacers- natural fit. I became a fan when I saw them at the fairgrounds Coliseum in 1969. I was 7.
Reds- a natural fit. I became a fan of the Big Red machine in their first WS appearance in 1970. I was 8.

Patriots- there was no NFL team in indiana then. I was not much of a football fan, but I loosely followed the Patriots from afar, which was hard to do back then, after they drafted Sam Cunningham from USC. I was fascinated by his Rose Bowl performance. To me, Randall Cunningham will always be known as Sam's little brother. I lived in NE from 1984-87 and then from 1996-2005, so I became a diehard fan by 1996, the Super Bowl run under Parcells.

Remember, every resident of Indiana who was a fan of any NFL team before 1984, and is now a Colts fan, is a BANDWAGON JUMPER, disloyal to their original team, unless they happened to like Baltimore pre-1984.
I disagree that Indiana residents adopting a new local team is equivalent to bandwagon jumping.

Reactions: Digressions
Ah, the Andrew Luck method
And Matt Ryan these last 3 or 4 years or so . . . I've witnessed the debacle first hand. Arthur Blank had to intervene with his draftniks and tell them to draft two OL in the last draft to protect Ryan because his $150 million investment was limping from getting crushed by pass rushes . . .

. . . of course both of the OL got hurt last season . . . .

Reactions: RBB89
Of course, guessing how is the fun part.

This goes to both your comment and Sope's above.

The Browns will re-sign Johnny Manziel. He's "mobile," you know.

Manziel will then be packaged with the Browns' first pick. The Browns might even throw in an interior lineman and a Cleveland Salutes Paul Brown Day. Browns get Burrow. Bengals get a running QB who Mike Brown feels has just been under-appreciated but who will flourish in The Jungle. He also gets the long-sought redemption for Modell's termination of his father. Bengals then finish 1-16 with the new 17-game season. Then the Trevor Lawrence Saga begins .......

This goes to both your comment and Sope's above.

The Browns will re-sign Johnny Manziel. He's "mobile," you know.

Manziel will then be packaged with the Browns' first pick. The Browns might even throw in an interior lineman and a Cleveland Salutes Paul Brown Day. Browns get Burrow. Bengals get a running QB who Mike Brown feels has just been under-appreciated but who will flourish in The Jungle. He also gets the long-sought redemption for Modell's termination of his father. Bengals then finish 1-16 with the new 17-game season. Then the Trevor Lawrence Saga begins .......

See, I think the Bengals have had a very good free agency. I think they are one good draft away from winning 3 games.

Then we'll screw everything up.

Reactions: RBB89 and Univee2
I used to be the pickiest eater in the world, which is very difficult when you enjoy travel as much as I do. Rice is a mainstay in nearly every single place I’ve visited. I’ve gotten a little better. The only reason my mother didn’t kill me is that I was absolutely fine eating the exact same thing every single day and making do with whatever was there. If I liked nothing but crackers at a meal, I’d eat the crackers and be happy.

I have a buddy who has this syndrome. https://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/blog/what-exactly-arfid. He had it long before it was recognized. I guess Duke started studying it and now it is a real disorder. One thing that seems in common is that people will eat white foods. My buddy would always eat fries and milk at gaming conventions, I never knew that was a large amount of his total diet.

See, I think the Bengals have had a very good free agency. I think they are one good draft away from winning 3 games.

Then we'll screw everything up.

I actually did laugh out loud - none of that phony LOL crap - at this, the way it appeared on my iPad with "winning" at the end of the line and then "3 games" starting the next line.

You IT guys know all the tricks ....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT