ADVERTISEMENT

VanPastorMan, are you holding services today?

Just saw they are tracking where cases come from. One city in Indiana had three big events, a church, a GOP meeting, and a business event. How would that make you feel if your church was listed after you had had repeated warnings?
Applying VPM's explanation of the "scientific method" in that other post, they'd say, "You can't prove our congregation got if from congrating in our church ! You didn't observe the virus entering their bodies !"

Words of wisdom from univee.

Pecan Pie > Carrot Cake

German Chocolate Cake > Rhubarb Pie

No Cake or Pie < Some Cake or Pie
But pie has an advantage that has even been recognized by a little known agency of the federal government -- it helps you think better so that you can solve problems:

you-serious-clark-hilarious-cousin-eddie-christmas-vacation-shirts-hey-kids-i-heard-on-the-news-that-an-airline-pilot-spotted-santas-sleigh-on-i.jpg
It must be because I’m a Region guy. It’s not really even Indiana.

edit: I googled it. I’ve literally never seen one of those in person. Looks gross. Cake way better.

When you place that in a thread about gays, and people supporting gays, the clear implication is that you are singling out gays. I doubt you have ever placed that in a thread about Trump.
You weaponized that verse to say in effect that everyone who voted for that LGBT bill deserved death. You singled them out. You can't just hide behind the premise that everyone deserves death when you do that. Your motive and intent was clear.
Where exactly did I say anything about the LGBT bill? I was called vile by Twenty, but I explained Romans 1-3 to show that all have sinned. Where am I singling any group? I don't imply things. I say exactly what I mean. Can you show me where I made a comment about LGBT people?

Where exactly did I say anything about the LGBT bill? I was called vile by Twenty, but I explained Romans 1-3 to show that all have sinned. Where am I singling any group? I don't imply things. I say exactly what I mean. Can you show me where I made a comment about LGBT people?

Did you see the link he posted? It was not this message board.

Reactions: MaxCoke
You probably would have been better served opining on your favorite dessert. When the ducks are flying towards the decoys...stop calling.

Rhubarb pie can be truly amazing. It's a difficult thing to get right. But one of the best slices of pie I ever ate was rhubarb, at an authentic Amish place in Elkhart Co.

What? Rhubarb isn’t good for, on, or in anything. It’s a weed! And not the kind you'd smoke.

I clicked on a link to my home page on here. I didn't see anything there. To be honest I had no idea what Twenty was talking about. I am talking about his post where he said I was vile.
All you have to do is click on 20’s link and it takes you to the sermon audio place where you posted that.

I can’t help myself first the pie crust must be made with lard! I am in general agreement on fruit pies however the proper order, of course is blueberry apple cherry raspberry strawberry peach!

Who puts nuts in a pie or vegetables in either abomination of the highest order!! Carrots are for dipping in your favorite whatever or eaten raw damn barbarians as for pecans in a pie I simply shudder in utter horror and do not get me started on rhubarb for god sake we live in the 21st century the humanity!

Now have you ever had French cream or pumpkin well fluffy pumpkin pie with home made whip cream, yummy!

Now as to cake is it a special occasion because I am a traditionalist birthday, wedding, anniversary and signed final divorce papers all require a cake and THE very best cake is moist yellow cake covered in homemade whipped chocolate frosting unless you side with free will as opposed to a deterministic approach to existence.

If this makes no sense no sweat bored and the cat is a napping, also do have to say I kid I kid, also you may all feel free to stay at least 6 miles from me it’s for your benefit I am just a wee bit grouchy no Marx just a lot of lame lame well I will just go crawl back under my rock now......

PS I hate English the language not the people of you have to explain every little detail or you become misconstrued argh think I will pop Captain Ron in and dream of a tropical vacation.....aloha the greeting for gods sake people again!?!?!?

PPS this post for clarity should be read with the following firmly in mind vbseg what else can I say but old fart alert!

all spelling and grammar errors are the phone’s fault little itty bitty &$(@&)((keys

A peanut butter pie from a certain steakhouse in Colorado is the best dessert in the state let alone the best pie. No other peanut butter pie measures up.

Look at the first post under the main article at https://www.sermonaudio.com/new_details.asp?ID=51818
If a person has a view contrary to God for themselves or for others then obviously that would be wrong. But Romans 1 is not talking only about homosexuality. Homosexuality is a symptom of denying God the Creator as is idol worship which Paul also describes. Someone else was talking about links between the virus and homosexuality. I do not believe this to be true. As I said Sunday viruses are a part of life, just as death is a part of life because we don't live in Paradise. We as a people were kicked out of the Garden because of sin. Sin brings lots of problems. The fact we die and get sick is part of it. Denying the Creator who made us and believing we know better than He does is also part of it. What I was trying to do in earlier posts was to explain Paul's point. Chapter 1 is about Gentiles who don't have the written law. They are guilty because they do what is wrong even though they know it.
Chapter 2 is about Jews who have the written law but they are guilty because they don't keep it.
Chapter 3 is explaining how this means everybody is in the same boat. There is none who are righteous, not even one. Romans 3:10.
I've always said that homosexuality is a sin before God. But it is not the only sin in the world, nor is it the only sin homosexuals commit. For as Romans 3:23 says we all have sinned and have fallen short of the glory of God.

I've always said that homosexuality is a sin before God. But it is not the only sin in the world, nor is it the only sin homosexuals commit. For as Romans 3:23 says we all have sinned and have fallen short of the glory of God.
I’ve always said that:
  1. You’re a goddamned idiot
  2. You’re a goddamned bigot
  3. Anybody who pays to listen to you speak is 1 and 2 also

Chocolate cake with chocolate icing in a cereal bowl with cold milk poured over it. Great breakfast or snack.

But don't slam pecan pie..
Ew. No. Milk? I can’t even let my ice cream melt. It’s all about the texture. Not a fan of mushy.

Reactions: Cream&Crimson
If a person has a view contrary to God for themselves or for others then obviously that would be wrong. But Romans 1 is not talking only about homosexuality. Homosexuality is a symptom of denying God the Creator as is idol worship which Paul also describes. Someone else was talking about links between the virus and homosexuality. I do not believe this to be true. As I said Sunday viruses are a part of life, just as death is a part of life because we don't live in Paradise. We as a people were kicked out of the Garden because of sin. Sin brings lots of problems. The fact we die and get sick is part of it. Denying the Creator who made us and believing we know better than He does is also part of it. What I was trying to do in earlier posts was to explain Paul's point. Chapter 1 is about Gentiles who don't have the written law. They are guilty because they do what is wrong even though they know it.
Chapter 2 is about Jews who have the written law but they are guilty because they don't keep it.
Chapter 3 is explaining how this means everybody is in the same boat. There is none who are righteous, not even one. Romans 3:10.
You don’t know if two men or two women who happen to love each other have ever committed any “sin” that you claim “we all have sinned.” YOU DO NOT KNOW THAT. For all you know, the only “sin” they have committed is to love each other. What exactly does Jesus say about love?

Tampa megachurch pastor arrested after leading packed services despite 'safer-at-home' orders

The sheriff says up to 500 people were in attendance at Pastor Rodney Howard-Browne's Sunday services.

"We brought in 13 machines that basically kill every virus in the place," Howard-Browne said. "If they sneeze it shoots it down like at 100 miles per hour and it will neutralize it in a split second."

Church-4.jpg

Question for VPN: Do you have any of those Star War Corona Fighting Zappers? Otherwise, you don't stand a chance.

Tampa megachurch pastor arrested after leading packed services despite 'safer-at-home' orders

The sheriff says up to 500 people were in attendance at Pastor Rodney Howard-Browne's Sunday services.

"We brought in 13 machines that basically kill every virus in the place," Howard-Browne said. "If they sneeze it shoots it down like at 100 miles per hour and it will neutralize it in a split second."

Church-4.jpg

Question for VPN: Do you have any of those Star War Corona Fighting Zappers? Otherwise, you don't stand a chance.

You may be on to something, self contained space suits for all worshipers. Reuse,(hyphen?) cleaning and storage might create some problems though.

Reactions: sglowrider

When I was in second grade Sister Concepta Regina told my parents I was possessed by the devil and they moved me out of Catholic school to the regular elementary school. I did rally to finish at a Catholic high school taught by the Christian Brothers. Some pretty good guys aand good teachers who didn’t want to be drafted.

But my point is if I’m going to hell it’s because of Sister Concepta Regina. So I don’t think I have any downside of telling VPM that when you cut through all the BS you are actually a very dangerous person. You are a narcissist. And you are homophobic. I don’t know about xenophobic but I wouldn’t rule it out. “Thank God for the Trump economy“. Let’s add that you know nothing about history or economics. You pray upon those that are more feeble minded than you and memorize the Bible so you can do a cafeteria pick and choose of things that seem to support your twisted logic. And then you say it’s the will of God.

VPM should not be telling anybody how to live their life or what is right and wrong because his moral compass is so screwed up. One thing is clear is nobody should be taking advice from from someone who decides to have a community meeting in the middle of this nightmare that were in.

Here. Unless this isn't you.

Carrot cake....mmmmm. It falls into the "spice cake" category, I think. Like zucchini bread, gingerbread, pumpkin bread...dare I say, banana bread?

I think if you're not into "spiced" things, you're not gonna be into carrot cake. I'm 110% with you on the pies, though! :)

Pecan Pie > Carrot Cake ? - maybe in Bizzaro World.

German Chocolate Cake > Rhubarb Pie ? - close, but more true than not.

No Cake or Pie < Some Cake or Pie ? - universal truism.

Good Pie - Apple, Cherry, Blueberry, Raspberry, Peach, Strawberry
Bad Pie - Pecan, Mincemeat, Sweet Potato

Reactions: iuwclurker
ADVERTISEMENT