ADVERTISEMENT

2024 March Madness Bracket Challenge Invite (are you in?)

IUclover

All-Big Ten
Gold Member
Nov 19, 2015
Greetings,

Well, the men's IU team isn't in but I already have Wed-Friday off this week because I'm optimistic and this is my favorite time of the year.

I've reactivated our ESPN men's and women's NCAA tourney groups from last year and I updated the year to 2024 for the names and passwords. For those who joined last year, you should be able to "Rejoin" the group after you login to ESPN and find your way to the "Groups". You might need to enter the new password though (see below) Otherwise, the men's and women's group invite links, group names, and passwords are listed below. I'll send leaderboard updates throughout the tourney as well.

Here are the details:

Men's Bracket Info
  • $10 per bracket and up to 3 brackets per user (this is new)
  • Payout percentages will be dependent on how many join/pay - TBD
  • If you want to submit a bracket for fun, respect, smack talk, etc. (no $$), feel free to join the group (just no prize $$ if you win).
  • Send payment via Venmo to @Whose_Ear. My Venmo profile pic is my two dogs (RIP) laying by a green blanket.
  • If you need to send payment via Paypal or another source, please let me know and I'll send you my information. Same Paypal as last year for those who sent it that way.
  • Send me your bracket names either through the Conversations tab on this forum/site, post in this thread, or include them in the description when you send payment.
    • Overall, I just need to link users, names, and $$.
Group: Hoosier Pick 2024
Password: hoosier24
Invite Link:
https://fantasy.espn.com/tc/sharer?...&joinKey=6e19fd8a-2498-3e60-bdd3-b6867b5fd904

Women's Bracket Info
  • No $$ pool. Free to everyone. Join the fun for the one team we have in the tourney.
Group: Hoosier Women's Pick 2024
Password: hoosier24
Invite Link:
https://fantasy.espn.com/tc/sharer?...&joinKey=6e19fd8a-2498-3e60-bdd3-b6867b5fd904

Last edited:
Let me know if you have any issues joining the group or any technical questions.

Bumping for visibility. Bracket deadline is Thursday morning.

Can this be pinned to the top?

I had forgotten that the tournament even starts today. This bracket is a good form of entertainment and I’m sure people will fill out brackets at the last minute. Can we pin this as a reminder to get more people to sign up?

Thanks

I have no idea how to delete my second bracket, they are identical. No real man makes 2 brackets :)
If they're identical, I can remove one of them from the group. Just let me know which one.

Also, I received payment from four people as of now (five including me). Please send payment or let me know that payment is coming prior to the first game today at 12:15pm ET.

We currently have 24 bracket entries in our group. For the record, my paid bracket will be IUclover 1. If the $$ pool goes up to around 12 paid entries, I'll add my second bracket to the money pool.

Reactions: Cavanagh
If they're identical, I can remove one of them from the group. Just let me know which one.
I think that I may have also accidently submitted two duplicate brackets. Like Cav, I could not delete them. Doesn't really matter. I'm not a threat to win. As Ollie said in Hoosiers...."I'm not no good."😥 And thank you for organizing this, again, clover.

Up to 29 entries after removing Cav's duplicate dumpster of a bracket. After the games start, I'll paste a table with all bracket names, associated Rivals username, and highlight who's in the money pool.

The good thing about being on mountain time is that games start at 10:15am so I have an extra two hours before I have to pick up my kid from daycare.

I think that I may have also accidently submitted two duplicate brackets. Like Cav, I could not delete them. Doesn't really matter. I'm not a threat to win. As Ollie said in Hoosiers...."I'm not no good."😥 And thank you for organizing this, again, clover.
Yeah, the setup could be a little bit more user friendly on ESPN. What are your two bracket names? I can remove one of them for you.

Reactions: TerhuneHoosierfan
Yeah, the setup could be a little bit more user friendly on ESPN. What are your two bracket names? I can remove one of them for you.
After I looked at it, again, I may have submitted just 3, but you can just use "Elusive Hump" and "Hoosiers are MIA." I think the one with the long ESPN number (2 picks) is the other one. Sorry for the confusion.

Reactions: IUclover
So this is documented. My two entries for the money pool are IUclover 1 and IUclover 3.

Alright. Submissions and brackets are locked. Let me know if you still want to join within the next hour. I can still let you in the group.

Alright, here's a list of all 31 bracket submissions. I did my best to connect the bracket with the Rivals username but there were some I wasn't able to connect. Let me know if you want to claim one of the brackets and I'll update the table with your username. Feel free to remain anonymous. The usernames (and one unlinked bracket) with red font are the users/brackets in the money pool.

Also, let me know if you'd prefer me to remove your bracket name from this list.

CHAMP PickBracket NameUsername
UConn HuskiesESPNFAN88404625's Picks 1
Houston CougarsBusdriverEBusdriver
Houston CougarsBarbaraO181's Picks 1
UConn Huskiesespn20160641's Picks 1
UConn HuskiesBtownGiddy's Picks 1BtownGiddy
UConn HuskiesTMPrankster's Picks 1TMP
UConn Huskiescklap Picks 1
UConn HuskiesESPNFAN43314207's Picks 2TerhuneHoosierfan
UConn HuskiesElusive "Hump"TerhuneHoosierfan
UConn HuskiesHoosiers are MIATerhuneHoosierfan
UConn HuskiesEricVs perfect bracket
Tennessee VolunteersWoody's Cigar EmporiumGthomas
Tennessee VolunteersHoosier NatiJeremy GryderHoosier Nati
Auburn TigersHoozierDaddyHoozierDaddy
Auburn Tigers#FireWoodyB4IDieWhyisIUBBcursed
Purdue BoilermakersYeah, rightWhyisIUBBcursed
North Carolina Tar HeelsFPOTD's Picks 1
UConn Huskiesespnfan3557052911's Picks 3Kellerdog
Houston Cougarsespnfan3557052911's Picks 2Kellerdog
Houston Cougarsespnfan3557052911's Picks 1Kellerdog
Purdue Boilermakers.Gerdis's Picks 1.Gerdis
Iowa State Cyclones.Gerdis's Picks 2.Gerdis
UConn HuskiesRNRINDY 1
Houston CougarsRivals-Cavanagh's Picks 1Cavanagh
Houston CougarsSteve D - ESPN - AZ's Picks 2
Tennessee VolunteersSteve D - ESPN - AZ's Picks 1
North Carolina Tar HeelsBrewskie Picks 1Brewskie
Houston CougarsSupraSupra
Tennessee VolunteersIUclover 3IUclover
Tennessee VolunteersIUclover 2IUclover
UConn HuskiesIUclover 1IUclover

Reactions: TerhuneHoosierfan
Just posting before the game is over. Total prize pool is $140 and I'm doing an 80/20 payout, so 1st place will receive $112 and 2nd place will receive $28.

Looks like first place will be determined by who wins this game.

Congrats to BtownGiddy on taking first place! Tied in second place is Kellerdog and TMP.

I'll send out funds in the morning. Go Hoosiers!

Reactions: Cavanagh
Thank you, again, IUclover for your efforts in organizing the contest and congrats to the winners. As bad as I am in selecting winners, I'll donate to the cause next year. I wanted to contact you about using my PayPal account (I don't use it a lot) to send cash, but somehow, a security problem arose. I was concerned that my account had gotten compromised. It appears as if the problem was with my original email address and is resolved now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT