ADVERTISEMENT

VanPastorMan, are you holding services today?

LOL. Yeah, gotta protect the Mercan Way of Life from them furriners.

Mercans with lots of children who work hard and help raise our birth rate.

A birth rate which offsets our aging population and gives us the workers we need to continue to make America great.

My initial reaction was similar to most people, but I do not know what is happening at his congregation. Some people will place their spiritual needs over their physical. That is up too them. Hopefully the church can find a way to do both.

Now, for any pastor doing the "God will protect us" schtick, then I have serious qualms. But if the congregation knows the risk and elects to meet, I may find it personally wrong but unless the governor has blocked it, so be it.

Some of us believe in a God given free will whereby we have our destiny in our own hands.

Reactions: 76-1
Some of us believe in a God given free will whereby we have our destiny in our own hands.

True. Personally, my God is not sending me on the down escalator because I missed a couple church services. But other people may have different views. This isn't like AGW or Corona where I can say "follow the scientists". Not unless they have convinced the governor to ban church services.

Van is just a much poorer version of this epic fkn moron. Diehard bootlickers will be the downfall of all of us.

Many of these self styled religious "leaders" seem to forget that God also created viruses, rattlesnakes, quicksand and hurricanes that kill people, no matter what their religion is.

God gave us brains, too, but some of these "leaders" don't use them.

4018cfc0750de6e06fa04d384ef0acf1--poisonous-snakes-crazy-people.jpg

See this one too:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/snake-handling-pentecostal-pastor-dies-snake-bite/story?id=22551754

Thanks for your encouragement. I will not lose any sleep over your words either. I have been called worse.

I suppose I am also worthless for being a founder and former active partner in a primary care medical business that has 30 clinics across Indiana employing over 200 full and part time medical people in Indiana. I can tell you that the teachers and staff that use our clinic are thankful for their clinic team. I pray that all of my friends and medical teams are safe in their caregiving.

One of the reasons I founded and invested was because 70% of our manufacturing employees back in 2005 claimed no primary care provider. So they either did not seek care, went to urgent care or the emergency room.

If you want to have a real discussion like about the dysfunctional health care/insurance/PBM and overall health system. I would be happy to participate.

Your response to my post is why so few people participate anymore on the water cooler and there are very few real discussions.
Ehh, I get what TMP is saying. Frankly I've had the same impression of HP people over my several years of professional employment. HR is always the impediment between candidate for an open position and the hiring manager. HR is always the red-tape that makes/breaks a potential fit between candidate and potential employer. Always. Any roadblocks that happen in the interview process are ALWAYS the fault of HR.

That and . . .

Deuteronomy 6:16
Matthew 4:7
Luke 4:12

Don't test God . . .

And WRT our current state of affairs:

Roman 5 :1-5
"Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God. More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us."

And WRT a certain politician:

Colossians 2:8
"See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy,
which depends on human tradition and the elemental spiritual forces of this world rather than on Christ."

WRT this thread:

Matthew 7:21
"Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven."

And:
James 1:26
"If anyone thinks he is religious and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his heart, this person's religion is worthless."

Note: Thanks for posting the verses. It inspired me to do some Bible reading this evening. I chose to include the text, for the intellectually lazy in our congregation. ;)

I almost kicked a guy in the family jewels yesterday for approaching me in hug mode.
I've been there before. My dad was recovering from surgery to remove part of his cancerous lung. We were sitting together and someone decided to greet him with a shoulder grab and shake. I saw the look in dad's face and it was all I could do to not get into the guy's face. Some people aren't going to change how they act no matter what.

Here's the vile human being known as @VanPastorMan implying that people who voted for a LGBT rights bill deserve death.... or perhaps it was actually the LGBT people themselves that deserve death...... don't think he really makes much of a distinction.

This is the kind of person you folks are trying to reason with.

https://www.sermonaudio.com/new_details.asp?ID=51818

Last edited:
Here's the vile human being known as @VanPastorMan implying that people who voted for a LGBT rights bill deserve death.... or perhaps it was actually the LGBT people themselves that deserve death...... don't think he really makes much of a distinction.

This is the kind of person you folks are trying to reason with.

https://www.sermonaudio.com/new_details.asp?ID=51818
I'm vile....ok now that is your opinion. Here is the truth. All of us have sinned and have fallen short of the glory of God. That includes you,me and everyone else. It's why Jesus died because when He died His death was sacrificial. As God's only begotten Son who became a human His death was eternally sufficient to take on eternal wrath that the Father put on Him. I tell kids this. "Can you imagine how you would feel if your brother or sister took a spanking that you deserved. How would you feel about them? It would be gratitude. This is why you should believe in Christ and be thankful. He took your punishment upon Himself so you wouldn't have to be punished". The wages of sin (what we earn) is death but the gift of God is Eternal Life through Christ.(Romans 6:23) So do LGBT folks deserve death? Yes, but so do you and I. All have sinned and have fallen short of the Glory of God (Romans 3:23)

I'm vile....ok now that is your opinion. Here is the truth. All of us have sinned and have fallen short of the glory of God. That includes you,me and everyone else. It's why Jesus died because when He died His death was sacrificial. As God's only begotten Son who became a human His death was eternally sufficient to take on eternal wrath that the Father put on Him. I tell kids this. "Can you imagine how you would feel if your brother or sister took a spanking that you deserved. How would you feel about them? It would be gratitude. This is why you should believe in Christ and be thankful. He took your punishment upon Himself so you wouldn't have to be punished". The wages of sin (what we earn) is death but the gift of God is Eternal Life through Christ.(Romans 6:23) So do LGBT folks deserve death? Yes, but so do you and I. All have sinned and have fallen short of the Glory of God (Romans 3:23)
LOL. Nice try.

Now, back to the question. Did you have services yesterday? How many attended? How old were they?

Reactions: bigmac76
Yes, but next week we are having service in the parking lot and also looking at possible youtube/facebook for folks who can't make it. We saw our second instance of the virus in our county.

The problem is, when you see a case today, that means they were infected a 10 days to 2 weeks before.

A story in the local paper today about a woman who was on a trip and a cruise. She is back in town and started working. Now she noted she has been feeling bad, has a sore throat, and at Kroger Sunday noted she could not return a cart because of shortness of breath. She does not have a fever so they will not test her. My question, why was she at Kroger?

If you know of two cases, you have a whole lot more.

Reactions: bigmac76
My sister participated in a Zoom yoga session and loved it. They group chatted after the session and all. Fun! Try Zoom Van!
Actually one of my guys suggested Zoom for our business meeting this Thursday. Thanks for the suggestion. For Sunday we are meeting in the parking lot. I will preach extra loud so the neighbors who don't go to the church will hear. lol We are looking into facebook/youtube possibilities which might be used even after the virus has ended.

Reactions: 76-1
You ignoring the link that's obviously your dumbass

"Romans 1:32. Although they know God's righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

This verse describes everyone who voted for this bill."

You are a vile human being.
Romans 1:32 is about everybody. Paul is talking about the Gentiles who don't have the Law. Yet they too have sinned and have fallen short of the Glory of God. When Paul in chapter 3 speaks about all have sinned. By then he is talking about Jews and Gentiles. In Chapter 2 he speaks about how Jews who have the Law are in trouble because they don't keep it. Gentiles who don't have the written law have the law written on their hearts which is talking about the conscience. If you think about it, it is true. You and I have broken the law of our conscience, even things we know that are wrong. What Paul is doing is showing how Gentiles and Jews are in the same boat. They all have sinned and need Jesus.

The problem is, when you see a case today, that means they were infected a 10 days to 2 weeks before.

A story in the local paper today about a woman who was on a trip and a cruise. She is back in town and started working. Now she noted she has been feeling bad, has a sore throat, and at Kroger Sunday noted she could not return a cart because of shortness of breath. She does not have a fever so they will not test her. My question, why was she at Kroger?

If you know of two cases, you have a whole lot more.
We were careful over the last four weeks or so with the social distancing, not shaking hands, or hugging. I actually told the church yesterday that I miss those things and will not take it for granted in the future. I told the church three weeks ago that once we see the virus then we will have to do something different. So we are meeting in the parking lot. People will stay in their cars and I will preach in the parking lot just outside the door which leads into the church. I've never done internet video youtube/facebook before and we are looking into this option as well in the future.

Romans 1:32 is about everybody. Paul is talking about the Gentiles who don't have the Law. Yet they too have sinned and have fallen short of the Glory of God. When Paul in chapter 3 speaks about all have sinned. By then he is talking about Jews and Gentiles. In Chapter 2 he speaks about how Jews who have the Law are in trouble because they don't keep it. Gentiles who don't have the written law have the law written on their hearts which is talking about the conscience. If you think about it, it is true. You and I have broken the law of our conscience, even things we know that are wrong. What Paul is doing is showing how Gentiles and Jews are in the same boat. They all have sinned and need Jesus.

When you place that in a thread about gays, and people supporting gays, the clear implication is that you are singling out gays. I doubt you have ever placed that in a thread about Trump.

Does habitually violating the 9th commandant get you a Fast Pass to hell?

Reactions: DrHoops and MaxCoke
All people are, deep down, basically good. The proof of this lies in our ability to create civilization, help each another, and cooperate and live together in relative harmony.

The bad people do is the exception to the rule, not vice versa. This is plain to see if you take an objective look around.

Reactions: hoosboot
When you place that in a thread about gays, and people supporting gays, the clear implication is that you are singling out gays. I doubt you have ever placed that in a thread about Trump.
He knew exactly what he was saying and who he was saying it to. It's like the white supremacists and Nazis posting things they wouldn't normally say out loud, since they're among like minded people and are behind an anonymous keyboard.

Reactions: MaxCoke
He claims to follow and advise social distancing guidelines. Theoretically his flock might be better prepared to behave accordingly after one of his sermons then otherwise in that locale. To me it’s not really about beliefs but rather about behavior. The students on the Florida beaches were completely and abhorrently irresponsible. Those are the ones who should go to Purgatory.

Last edited by a moderator:
My nephew belongs to a religious cult in Tampa. They call it a church, but it is a cult. They are still meeting in person, regularly. Their pastor claims to have eradicated Zika virus by prayer, and assures his flock that they will be similarly protected.

Here's a TMZ article on the cult:

https://www.tmz.com/2020/03/29/chru...C7u6KFs5r9UUMg5CqG6n3mY-uTw0n8O3n35ioqZLmq9QY

Here is my nephew's post on facebook this morning. He is my brother's stepson from a second marriage. Scary.

I just read all this crazy things that the News wrote and posted publicly, they really think. so bad of our Pastor Rodney Howard Browne. The social media are ridiculous because they don’t read Bible and it is clearly to know that the only thing that protects people from sickness and disease is the blood of Jesus and not a stupid mask on the face and no social distancing!

Just by reading all the stupid stuff that the social media writes so wrong and mocking Pastor Rodney, that irritates me because the ones who wrote all that none sense I am pretty sure that they aren’t saved and don’t study Bible like we at RU School do!

Yes we will continue congregating in the Church, the Bible says in the presence of God there is fullness of Joy, no sickness!

----

I responded. It seemed to me to be my duty. He has a wife and 6 month old baby. They don't deserve t suffer for the ignorance of others.

"God gave mankind knowledge and common sense. That seems to be lacking in people who are not doing their part in calming the spread of this disease. Please be safe!"

Sheltered in place...staring out the window to empty streets....with a quiet golf clap for your post that only I can hear Martian.....:)

You weaponized that verse to say in effect that everyone who voted for that LGBT bill deserved death. You singled them out. You can't just hide behind the premise that everyone deserves death when you do that. Your motive and intent was clear.

You weaponized that verse to say in effect that everyone who voted for that LGBT bill deserved death. You singled them out. You can't just hide behind the premise that everyone deserves death when you do that. Your motive and intent was clear.
He’s an abysmal person and is one of the least intelligent posters on here. That anybody would show up to listen to him speak is an indictment on the community.

My wife had the same considerations when they decided to cancel in person services. A lot of her congregation is older, rural, and not wealthy. She thought about live-streaming but knew that some didn’t have Facebook or have good enough internet service. She decided to recorded it and put on YouTube but provide a written transcript for people who couldn’t watch it that way.
I hope that VPM is facing those types of challenges rather than just being stubborn or dealing with a stubborn congregation. Neither is easy but one is at least understandable.

Van:
91216308_2560919697512303_7981061435205615616_n.jpg

Last edited:
They PAY to listen to him. Let that sink in.
He doesn’t begin to compare to Trump. Really. We’re all paying a fortune for that choice. How many millions still support him? Let that sink in.

Deeply.

Deeper.

Still deeper.

Now really deeply.

Van, does God forgive any sinners who have not accepted Jesus as their saviour?

Just saw they are tracking where cases come from. One city in Indiana had three big events, a church, a GOP meeting, and a business event. How would that make you feel if your church was listed after you had had repeated warnings?

Reactions: meridian
Just saw they are tracking where cases come from. One city in Indiana had three big events, a church, a GOP meeting, and a business event. How would that make you feel if your church was listed after you had had repeated warnings?
Sounds like the base is doing their level best to get sick.

Reactions: meridian
That's them.

I guess they can't be arrested or stopped, legally. Sad when they get the virus and spread it to innocent friends and relatives who aren't in the cult. If only the virus just infected the willfully stupid people.

Or to grocery store check out clerks. Or to doctors or nurses when you need to be hospitalized. Just like spring break kids, selfish assholes.

And I don't think I'm actually calling him out. I respect his faith and his commitment. He may be a little inartful at times but he takes a little too much unnecessary crap.

I'd bet he sincerely believes what he's doing is right but if people of good faith can maybe show him there's a better/safer way during these perilous times then maybe he can consider some other options. God won't mind.

Meanwhile, in all of this darkness, it's a gorgeous day. Mid-60s, no clouds, a blue sky so rich it hurts your eyes. Winds at 25-30 mph. Grass as green as Ireland. On the front porch, WBG napping at my feet, Gary Burton on Pandora. And a good rye my son bought.

I will survive
I will survive
I will survive
We will get by.
I like Cake's version of "I Will Survive."

ADVERTISEMENT