ADVERTISEMENT

VanPastorMan, are you holding services today?

Or to grocery store check out clerks. Or to doctors or nurses when you need to be hospitalized. Just like spring break kids, selfish assholes.
That's a too harsh indictment.

1) Grocery store checkout clerks - They are lowly paid jobs, meaning they need to do it to survive.
2) Doctors and nurses - I doubt any of them work there these days because they want to. I bet most of them do so because somebody has to do this unpleasant and dangerous job. A doctor friend of mine called me the other day to advise me not to go to Urgent Care facilities because there are full of coronavirus-infected patients. He doesn't have it but he works there out of duty. Instead of calling them selfish assholes, you and I should laud them for their sacrifice!

I'm vile....ok now that is your opinion. Here is the truth. All of us have sinned and have fallen short of the glory of God...

So do LGBT folks deserve death? Yes, but so do you and I. All have sinned and have fallen short of the Glory of God (Romans 3:23)

God is certainly shaking his head right now... Yikes.

Reactions: DrHoops and MaxCoke
That's a too harsh indictment.

1) Grocery store checkout clerks - They are lowly paid jobs, meaning they need to do it to survive.
2) Doctors and nurses - I doubt any of them work there these days because they want to. I bet most of them do so because somebody has to do this unpleasant and dangerous job. A doctor friend of mine called me the other day to advise me not to go to Urgent Care facilities because there are full of coronavirus-infected patients. He doesn't have it but he works there out of duty. Instead of calling them selfish assholes, you and I should laud them for their sacrifice!

Um...I think you might want to re-read their post in the context it was made.

Words of wisdom from univee.

Pecan Pie > Carrot Cake

German Chocolate Cake > Rhubarb Pie

No Cake or Pie < Some Cake or Pie
I agree with all of this. I will say that Birthday Cake > all pie (except maybe Dutch apple)

I feel like so many of you must never have eaten pie. That is the only explanation for how damn wrong you are.

Last edited:
Reactions: Univee2
Words of wisdom from univee.

Pecan Pie > Carrot Cake

German Chocolate Cake > Rhubarb Pie

No Cake or Pie < Some Cake or Pie

Pecan Pie > Carrot Cake ? - maybe in Bizzaro World.

German Chocolate Cake > Rhubarb Pie ? - close, but more true than not.

No Cake or Pie < Some Cake or Pie ? - universal truism.

Good Pie - Apple, Cherry, Blueberry, Raspberry, Peach, Strawberry
Bad Pie - Pecan, Mincemeat, Sweet Potato

‘Cho Momma.

My mom’s zucchini bread was better than all that shit.

Uh, move Pecan up into good pie and add Key Lime into GREAT PIE!

Also add lemon meringue, banana creme pie, any sort of chocolate or butterscotch pudding type pie, sugar pie.

Any sort of pie fashioned out of something that would not otherwise appear as a desert (that is, sweet potato, mincemeat) is wrong...except pumpkin pie which is acceptable in November.

Also add lemon meringue, banana creme pie, any sort of chocolate or butterscotch pudding type pie, sugar pie.

Any sort of pie fashioned out of something that would not otherwise appear as a desert (that is, sweet potato, mincemeat) is wrong...except pumpkin pie which is acceptable in November.
Dafuq is sugar pie?

Pies are for simpletons. Cakes are for connoisseurs.

Didn't mean for the two groups to be all-inclusive. Generally, fruit pies are great; the others? Not so much. Usually way too sweet.

Although, Key Lime is great.

Pecan Pie, however, is an abomination.

WRT cakes, there's Pineapple Upside Down Cake . . . And then a mic drop.

Didn't mean for the two groups to be all-inclusive. Generally, fruit pies are great; the others? Not so much. Usually way too sweet.

Although, Key Lime is great.

Pecan Pie, however, is an abomination.

WRT cakes, there's Pineapple Upside Down Cake . . . And then a mic drop.
Philosophical pondering #638:
Is chocolate-covered cheesecake pie?

See...I knew we could never REALLY get along. Carrot cake is for fascists.

But, I agree with all of your good pies and only disagree with you on pecan pie.

Reactions: UncleMark
Pi(e) was once considered in the Indiana legislature, cake on the other hand has never been considered a threat to the State's security.

In the state Senate, the bill was referred to the Committee on Temperance. (One begins to suspect it was silly season in the Indiana legislature at the time.) It passed first reading, but that’s as far as it got. According to The Penguin Dictionary of Curious and Interesting Numbers, the bill “was held up before a second reading due to the intervention of C.A. Waldo, a professor of mathematics [at Purdue] who happened to be passing through.” Waldo, describing the experience later, wrote, “A member [of the legislature] then showed the writer [i.e., Waldo] a copy of the bill just passed and asked him if he would like an introduction to the learned doctor, its author. He declined the courtesy with thanks, remarking that he was acquainted with as many crazy people as he cared to know.”

https://www.straightdope.com/column...gislature-once-pass-a-law-saying-pi-equals-3/

Are we talking about pie versus cake or are we talking about cake and ice cream versus pie and ice cream?

This posts reminds me of a friend who used to insist that I needed to reevaluate my opinion of Pauly Shore movies because they were really great when he was baked. I explained that a movie wasn't great if you had to be baked to enjoy it. Next thing I know you'll be asking if it includes adding bacon...or bourbon.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT