ADVERTISEMENT

Trump with a Strong showing moments ago...

That sing-songy thing he did was an example of the contempt he holds for process. He cares only about results. The problem with that is that our whole form of government is based on the process. It's what made us different in the late 18th century, and is what we hold out as what others should aspire to today. If all that mattered was results, a dictatorship, benign or otherwise, would be much more efficient.

Bingo. Great post. I knew that Trump would be a horrible president, simply because he doesn’t respect anything that makes this country what it is. He’s operated without any regard to decency and respect for the rule of law. That, more than anything else, will be his downfall.

On a serious note, I listened to most of the speech on NPR, and then I read about the speech in the news. I'm amazed at how reading about the speech - even in the so-called leftist MSM - doesn't accurately portray how much verbal diarrhea pours from Trump's mouth. Any article about the speech makes it sound like he had, you know, points, and themes, and, maybe even sentences. But listening to the speech gives no such delusion. It was a painfully embarrassing experience.

Not comparable. Tucker Carlson would be the proper comparison to Maddow

Tucker Carlson couldn’t hold Maddow’s Bra-strap. Tucker is a master at whataboutism. Maddow and her staff work really hard every day to research the stories they tell, and even if you may not agree with her conclusions, her opinions are based in fact. With Tucker, not so much. His shows aren’t nearly as well researched, and he tends to be more all over the place.

If they were boxers, they’d be in totally different weight classes. With Rachel being a heavyweight, and Carlson not being within several weight classes of her. Chris Hayes is a total bad@ss as well.

In terms of “nut jobs”, those tend to reside on the right side (I’ve heard some whacked out stuff from the left when flipping between stations on XM radio). The difference is that their base is very small when compared to folks like Hannity, Rush & Coulter.

Like some others have said, I completely reject any idea that there’s some kind of equivalency between the left and right re: media figures and reporting. Most of the right in the media world have lost their GD minds. I’m pretty sure Reagan is spinning, not rolling, in his grave right now. They’ve completely bastardized the ideas of conservatism, and have blindly followed Trump. That’s going to cost the party dearly, unfortunately. I hope the next wave of republican legislators realize that their ideas have been hijacked. And renounce Trumpism. That’s the party’s only hope moving forward.

Just my .02. I do watch MSNBC quite a bit- but I also watch/listen to right wing sources as well (Fox, mostly). Also, CNN tends to be several notches below MSNBC, so I really don’t tune in to them very often. So I do have a frame of reference. It’s opinion, but it’s based on being exposed to many different sources.

On a serious note, I listened to most of the speech on NPR, and then I read about the speech in the news. I'm amazed at how reading about the speech - even in the so-called leftist MSM - doesn't accurately portray how much verbal diarrhea pours from Trump's mouth. Any article about the speech makes it sound like he had, you know, points, and themes, and, maybe even sentences. But listening to the speech gives no such delusion. It was a painfully embarrassing experience.

Painful is the best word. This is our president. God help us. If I heard my local HOA president speak like this in a meeting, I’d think it’s time for him/her to go. It’s embarrassingly bad.

Side note- I truly think the media has really done all of us a disservice. They’re tried to maintain the air of “balance”, and they end up normalizing completely out of bounds behavior.

Reactions: zeke4ahs
Tucker Carlson couldn’t hold Maddow’s Bra-strap. Tucker is a master at whataboutism. Maddow and her staff work really hard every day to research the stories they tell, and even if you may not agree with her conclusions, her opinions are based in fact. With Tucker, not so much. His shows aren’t nearly as well researched, and he tends to be more all over the place.

If they were boxers, they’d be in totally different weight classes. With Rachel being a heavyweight, and Carlson not being within several weight classes of her. Chris Hayes is a total bad@ss as well.

In terms of “nut jobs”, those tend to reside on the right side (I’ve heard some whacked out stuff from the left when flipping between stations on XM radio). The difference is that their base is very small when compared to folks like Hannity, Rush & Coulter.

Like some others have said, I completely reject any idea that there’s some kind of equivalency between the left and right re: media figures and reporting. Most of the right in the media world have lost their GD minds. I’m pretty sure Reagan is spinning, not rolling, in his grave right now. They’ve completely bastardized the ideas of conservatism, and have blindly followed Trump. That’s going to cost the party dearly, unfortunately. I hope the next wave of republican legislators realize that their ideas have been hijacked. And renounce Trumpism. That’s the party’s only hope moving forward.

Just my .02. I do watch MSNBC quite a bit- but I also watch/listen to right wing sources as well (Fox, mostly). Also, CNN tends to be several notches below MSNBC, so I really don’t tune in to them very often. So I do have a frame of reference. It’s opinion, but it’s based on being exposed to many different sources.

Disagree, you've let your personal biases get the best of you.

Tucker does the same exact thing Rachel does, and they are both very good at it. They feed meat to lions.

Reactions: anon_mlxxvlbug9dpa

Tucker does the same exact thing Rachel does, and they are both very good at it. They feed meat to lions.
Not even close. They do both throw out a lot of meat, but they don't remotely do the exact same thing.

Maddow is a partisan hack and a quality journalist. Tucker is a partisan hack and...that's it.

If you want to grade on a one-dimensional scale, you can claim they are the same, but if you use at least two dimensions, they are vastly different.

I dont watch Maddow cause I find her show too slow and boring, but shes in a class above Carlson. It's not even close. Carlson plays a total shtick. With Maddow there is some semblance of journalism. Both are intelligent, and Carlson knows exactly what he is doing.

Reactions: sglowrider
Not even close. They do both throw out a lot of meat, but they don't remotely do the exact same thing.

Maddow is a partisan hack and a quality journalist. Tucker is a partisan hack and...that's it.

If you want to grade on a one-dimensional scale, you can claim they are the same, but if you use at least two dimensions, they are vastly different.

"Journalist"?

One thing these two entertainers are not..."journalists"

Every once in awhile I’ll see someone on Bill Maher or something that is pretty out there, but the difference is , they aren’t famous at all, and no one pays much attention to them.

Ah...Bill Maher...that classy objective "journalist" that a coursed Monica Lewinski of "blackmailing" Bill Clinton.

There really isn't a lefty equivalent to the wingnut fact free bombast purveyors like Coulter, Linbaugh, or Hannity. But since so many people are convinced there has to be some sort of symmetry across the political spectrum, they instinctively try to come up with someone, anyone they can paint as equivalent. And they miss, since they're aiming at a target that
doesn't exist.

Polite golf applause...just precious.

Yeah....whatever. You like what she reports on so she's a "quality journalist".

I looked for her response to the Amazon story, IMO the biggest story of the month....found....nothing.

She's also in the opposition party right now, which makes for a lot easier work, especially against against as awful an admin as we have now.

I don't really watch either very often, but think they are both very good at their jobs.

Last edited:

I looked for her response to the Amazon story, IMO the biggest story of the month....found....nothing.

She's also in the opposition party right now, which makes for a lot easier work, especially against against as awful an admin as we have now.
What’s awful about the economy? Highest black employment ever, so what’s awful?

I wouldn't expect you people to understand how just maybe, other people who aren't awash in Liberalism think the guy's doing a decent job!!

That's exactly what this is about, Liberalism, and this board is a bastion for that unfortunate thinking.

My portfolio ran wild yesterday, Trump must be doing something right......

Reactions: IUBBALLAWOL
I wouldn't expect you people to understand how just maybe, other people who aren't awash in Liberalism think the guy's doing a decent job!!

That's exactly what this is about, Liberalism, and this board is a bastion for that unfortunate thinking.

Oh because the stock market had a good day, you’re happy? Lol. No this board, like most everyone in the country, can for the most part see that people like you elected an unfit , inept, corrupt, reality star. And you are the base that he was talking about when he said he could shoot someone on 5th Avenue and you wouldn’t care., You can listen to that word salad vomit and come here to say what a good job he did and that just makes you look as bad as he is. It’s obvious you’re a horrible judge of character, but can you truly not tell when someone is talking out of their ass? As I said, he made many of his allies, ala Coulter angry yesterday, he’s going for a power grab that will get shot down in the courts, just to continue to fool the rubes. Congrats for falling for it.

Coulter is the Rachel Maddow of the right. Extreme nut job. Entertainment purposes only.

Except Maddow deals in facts, backs up her statements and positions with fact-based, verifiable information, and is quick to retract statements and make corrections if/when it’s needed. Coulter is a loudmouth c**t. You may not agree with Maddow’s politics, but the woman deals in reality.

Reactions: sglowrider

Thanks for agreeing with liberals that federal deficits gooses the economy. We cannot wait for your support in the next recession.

Oh because the stock market had a good day, you’re happy? Lol. No this board, like most everyone in the country, can for the most part see that people like you elected an unfit , inept, corrupt, reality star. And you are the base that he was talking about when he said he could shoot someone on 5th Avenue and you wouldn’t care., You can listen to that word salad vomit and come here to say what a good job he did and that just makes you look as bad as he is. It’s obvious you’re a horrible judge of character, but can you truly not tell when someone is talking out of their ass? As I said, he made many of his allies, ala Coulter angry yesterday, he’s going for a power grab that will get shot down in the courts, just to continue to fool the rubes. Congrats for falling for it.
Oh, I'm a horrible judge of character?? Says the guy who voted for Hillary Clinton!!!!! Just wow!!

I don't really watch either very often, but think they are both very good at their jobs.
Utter nonsense. I never pegged you for a both sides guy.

They are both good at their jobs. But they aren't doing the same job. Saying they are the same is like saying McDonald's is the same as Yosemite.

LOL. How's it done for the last year or so?

My money guy has been telling me to hunker down, that's it's gonna be a bitch in the next year or more. I have nice chunk of cash now from a matured annuity that I wanted him to invest for me. He advised against it. I've been CD shopping today. Looks like 2.5% is as good as I can get, but it's better than what I've seen in my portfolio over the last year or so.

LOL. How's it done for the last year or so?

My money guy has been telling me to hunker down, that's it's gonna be a bitch in the next year or more. I have nice chunk of cash now from a matured annuity that I wanted him to invest for me. He advised against it. I've been CD shopping today. Looks like 2.5% is as good as I can get, but it's better than what I've seen in my portfolio over the last year or so.
Look into managing your own portfolio, it will save you in the long run. We had our funds parked at Edward Jones until we realized the high cost of their services!!

For example, if you've got 500k under their control and they charge 1-2 percent to manage it, that's 5k-10k per year! Go to Vanguard and invest in a simple three fund portfolio that matches your risk level. The fees are a fraction of typical actively managed places.

Imagine having 3 million dollars under an actively managed company and them charging a standard 1% rate! That adds up really fast and you're the loser in that situation.

Except Maddow deals in facts, backs up her statements and positions with fact-based, verifiable information, and is quick to retract statements and make corrections if/when it’s needed. Coulter is a loudmouth c**t. You may not agree with Maddow’s politics, but the woman deals in reality.

I'm that analyst calling a game that afterwards the core of each fan base says I screwed them over and favored the other team. Take comfort in that the extreme right hates me more than you fine folks do.

Look into managing your own portfolio, it will save you in the long run. We had our funds parked at Edward Jones until we realized the high cost of their services!!

For example, if you've got 500k under their control and they charge 1-2 percent to manage it, that's 5k-10k per year! Go to Vanguard and invest in a simple three fund portfolio that matches your risk level. The fees are a fraction of typical actively managed places.

Imagine having 3 million dollars under an actively managed company and them charging a standard 1% rate! That adds up really fast and you're the loser in that situation.
I'm just poor white trailer trash. I just want my meager savings to grow at a reasonable rate so me and the battleax don't end up in poverty in our waning years. The Trump economy hasn't helped, and if the people I trust can be believed, it's not going to get any better any time soon, daily fluctuations notwithstanding. I hope he's wrong. I don't have time to recover from another 2008-09, or anything close to that.

I'm just poor white trailer trash. I just want my meager savings to grow at a reasonable rate so me and the battleax don't end up in poverty in our waning years. The Trump economy hasn't helped, and if the people I trust can be believed, it's not going to get any better any time soon, daily fluctuations not withstanding. I hope he's wrong. I don't have time to recover from another 2008-09, or anything close to that.
Then you really, really need to take your money to Vanguard. Put 60% in VTSAX and 40% in VBTLX. Seriously, you should do this ASAP.

Reactions: Tacoll
I just saw him referred to as Captain Queeg by a Randian conservative in another forum. Perfect. The poster also said it's time to consider the 25th on mental incapacity grounds.

link added:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ributed-to-the-debate-over-the-25th-amendment

I'm that analyst calling a game that afterwards the core of each fan base says I screwed them over and favored the other team. Take comfort in that the extreme right hates me more than you fine folks do.

delusions-of-grandeur-hey-make-me-fool-betor-about-myself-13162868.png

Oh, I'm a horrible judge of character?? Says the guy who voted for Hillary Clinton!!!!! Just wow!!
Hon, if you think Hillary has close to the character, integrity, and moral problems that Trump does, well once again, you’re just proving, that like much of Trump’s base, you just aren’t that smart, or that your values are different than most everyone else in the world. Sorry about that.

I just saw him referred to as Captain Queeg by a Randian conservative in another forum. Perfect. The poster also said it's time to consider the 25th on mental incapacity grounds.

link added:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ributed-to-the-debate-over-the-25th-amendment
Yep, while the speech was grounds for many people, including some conservatives to discuss the 25th, it was grounds for TD to talk about what a success it was and how hard it would be to beat Trump. A little disconnect here, I’d say.

Reactions: Rockfish1
Wow. I guess calling people derogatory names is ok if they belong to the proper party.

Not a fan of the C word. No matter who we are talking about.

Can't stand her but this will not raise the level of discourse.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT