ADVERTISEMENT

Trump Shutdown: Most of the people not getting paid are Democrats

"Do the Dems realize that most of the people not getting paid are Democrats?"

I wonder what kind of bizarro logic he used to come to that conclusion. Or was it on Fox & Friends? A talking point from Hannity?

"Do the Dems realize that most of the people not getting paid are Democrats?"

I wonder what kind of bizarro logic he used to come to that conclusion. Or was it on Fox & Friends? A talking point from Hannity?
Goes right along with the 10% pay increase he got for soldiers!

Reactions: sglowrider
Can rank and file military continue to support this clown when he spouts this kind of bullshit right to their faces?

Members of the armed forces were having MAGA caps signed on national TV. I would think that necessitates nothing short of an immediate dishonorable discharge. The commanding officer ought to be investigated as well.

I also think questions need to be asked about why Trump continues to politicize his interactions with military.

Can rank and file military continue to support this clown when he spouts this kind of bullshit right to their faces?

It's even worse than I realized. Someone actually brought a Trump campaign sign and was waving it at the media:

Those waving the hats and signs should be immediately discharged. What a disgrace.

It's even worse than I realized. Someone actually brought a Trump campaign sign and was waving it at the media:

Those waving the hats and signs should be immediately discharged. What a disgrace.
MAGA is not for Trump, it's for the good of the country, it's for defending our country, keeping criminals out, rapists, in short, keeping orange people out.

My WAG is that the Trump people brought the banner and the hats and passed them out beforehand. I'm cynical that way.

OK. Now I see what you’re talking about. That would probably be a policy violation. I’d guess that stuff was given to them by Trump’s people, but it looks like political endorsement in uniform, which is not allowed. Your proposed punishment isn’t an option and it’s ridiculous. They’ll probably get verbal reprimands.

Reactions: RBB89
Members of the armed forces were having MAGA caps signed on national TV. I would think that necessitates nothing short of an immediate dishonorable discharge. The commanding officer ought to be investigated as well.

I also think questions need to be asked about why Trump continues to politicize his interactions with military.
What do you know about the military. Show your bona fides here.

If it's mostly Democrats, then it's okay to not pay them.
Twenty02 said there are more independents. I was just curious and did not mean that I want anyone to go without pay. The real question is who is at fault here? I would say 5 billion for a wall should be found. They could find it for border security if they wanted to. They can sneeze and find 5 billion. From the government perspective it's not a lot of money.

Twenty02 said there are more independents. I was just curious and did not mean that I want anyone to go without pay. The real question is who is at fault here? I would say 5 billion for a wall should be found. They could find it for border security if they wanted to. They can sneeze and find 5 billion. From the government perspective it's not a lot of money.
Yup that’s only about $20 for every man, woman and child in the US-chump change.

A wall is the coal of border security. It's a stupid outdated method for stupid outdated people. As described the (which wouldn't work) steel slats would be over 1.5 billion assuming it's an inch thick. At 30 feet in height the steel will have a lot of flex. If you assist that flex with a rope and a handfull of people you could fatigue and bend or break a slat. FAIL.

To hold up a 30 foot wall you are going to need a foundation 10 to 15 feet deep and probably 5 or 6 feet wide. That concrete would need to be rebarred, you might have as much steel underground as above. FAIL

The trench required for the foundation will require moving 10,000 yards of earth and hauling in 10,000 yards of concrete for each mile of the wall. FAIL

There aren't roads to get the concrete and steel and people to the border. FAIL

The government doesn't own all the land the wall will be built on and will be tied up in court trying to wrest it away from the owners. FAIL

The only upside of this entire stupid idea is that trump will be long dead before the first bucket of earth is moved.

The wall is a stupid idea. That’s not how you secure the border.

OK. Now I see what you’re talking about. That would probably be a policy violation. I’d guess that stuff was given to them by Trump’s people, but it looks like political endorsement in uniform, which is not allowed. Your proposed punishment isn’t an option and it’s ridiculous. They’ll probably get verbal reprimands.

Trump team says nyet.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/12/26/politics/iraq-trump-hats-us-troops-maga/index.html?utm_medium=social&utm_term=link&utm_source=twCNN&utm_content=2018-12-27T01:08:02&r=https://t.co/jUUqF91bcX

Apparently someone in the military signed off on this? Waving Trump flags is ok in their book?

If there's ever been a more overtly political act by American soldiers on national TV, I'm certainly not aware of it. I am aware of a marine who was given a discharge for tweeting negatively about Obama, while was Pres.

How is the public supposed to maintain confidence in soldiers waving Trump flags?

Yup that’s only about $20 for every man, woman and child in the US-chump change.
$5 Billion is a rounding error in the federal budget. If it was obtained and spent, no one not working on the project would notice.

Trump team says nyet.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/12/26/politics/iraq-trump-hats-us-troops-maga/index.html?utm_medium=social&utm_term=link&utm_source=twCNN&utm_content=2018-12-27T01:08:02&r=https://t.co/jUUqF91bcX

Apparently someone in the military signed off on this? Waving Trump flags is ok in their book?

If there's ever been a more overtly political act by American soldiers on national TV, I'm certainly not aware of it. I am aware of a marine who was given a discharge for tweeting negatively about Obama, while was Pres.

How is the public supposed to maintain confidence in soldiers waving Trump flags?
How about allowing members of the military to exercise their 1st Amendment right of free speech without obtaining approval from the extreme left and its tools? Those GIs CERTAINLY do not need your approval or consent.

Trump team says nyet.

They were behaving inappropriately and will be punished appropriately. That won't be a discharge - we don't discharge people for lapse in judgment like this. There's way more to the Marine's discharge than a negative tweet. He was punished appropriately too.

Trump is at fault. He claimed that Mexico was going to pay, so why does he want us to pay now? When he met with Schumer and Pelosi he said it was on him. The GOP and Dems had a Deal that Trump was going to take, until he wilted under criticism from Rush, Coulter, and their ilk. He is a weak, weak, man.

Reactions: Morrison and RBB89
$5 Billion is a rounding error in the federal budget. If it was obtained and spent, no one not working on the project would notice.
For the party of fiscal responsibility, you guys sure don't give a sh*t about $5 billion.
Trump is at fault. He claimed that Mexico was going to pay, so why does he want us to pay now?
The money will come from the tax cuts. Duh.

Reactions: DrHoops and RBB89
A wall is the coal of border security. It's a stupid outdated method for stupid outdated people.

The government doesn't own all the land the wall will be built on and will be tied up in court trying to wrest it away from the owners. FAIL

The only upside of this entire stupid idea is that trump will be long dead before the first bucket of earth is moved.

We can all add this only to his long list of stupid, ignorant ideas. But you have to give the man credit, he doesn't seem to mind pushing his stupid ideas consistently.

There will always be 'buyers' for his crap, as we have found out -- and surprisingly, a large total addressable market too.

Reactions: Bill4411 and RBB89

VPM, Trump said he would own the govt. shutdown during his meeting with Shumer and Pelosi. Another in the continuing string of lies.

Ladoga, "Who's gonna pay for it?" "Mexico!" Remember? So why the need for $5B? Maybe his $5B was used for the troop's pay raise.

Trump's not a liar, he's a damned liar. He just can't help himself.

8.gif

Reactions: DrHoops
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT