ADVERTISEMENT

Another middle finger to the rule of law

Bowlmania

All-American
Sep 23, 2016
This time, at a rally in Texas Saturday night, he talked about pardoning the Jan 6 rioters if he's back in the White House in 2025. And his veiled threats against prosecutors in NY, DC and Atlanta (jurisdictions where he's under investigation) has the Fulton County (Georgia) DA urging the FBI to conduct a risk assessment and provide enhanced protection of the courthouse and government center.

Trump: "If these radical, vicious, racist prosecutors do anything wrong or illegal, I hope we are going to have in this country the biggest protests we have ever had in Washington DC, in New York, in Atlanta and elsewhere because our country and our elections are corrupt."

When is this guy going to just shut the f*ck up? These unprecedented, inflammatory, reckless and dangerous comments are more reflective of a madman than a former president of the United States.

This time, at a rally in Texas Saturday night, he talked about pardoning the Jan 6 rioters if he's back in the White House in 2025. And his veiled threats against prosecutors in NY, DC and Atlanta (jurisdictions where he's under investigation) has the Fulton County (Georgia) DA urging the FBI to conduct a risk assessment and provide enhanced protection of the courthouse and government center.

Trump: "If these radical, vicious, racist prosecutors do anything wrong or illegal, I hope we are going to have in this country the biggest protests we have ever had in Washington DC, in New York, in Atlanta and elsewhere because our country and our elections are corrupt."

When is this guy going to just shut the f*ck up? These unprecedented, inflammatory, reckless and dangerous comments are more reflective of a madman than a former president of the United States.

Yeah, but my SBX costs too much!

Reactions: UncleMark

Mean words for sure!

Grab another $11 coffee and calm down.

You'll be ok when the shaking stops...

The guy is nuts..... he has serious mental problems. He also said Pence could have overturned the election... be careful what you wish for because Pence isn't vice president now. He would go more ape shit crazy if he ran and won the next election and Harris said she was gonna overturn the results.

The guy is nuts..... he has serious mental problems. He also said Pence could have overturned the election... be careful what you wish for because Pence isn't vice president now. He would go more ape shit crazy if he ran and won the next election and Harris said she was gonna overturn the results.
Again, the usual suspects will show up here and spin this.

These guys could literally walk in on Trump banging their wife and their only response would be to ask "was he as good as I always imagined?" There is literally nothing he could do or say that would change their loyalty.

Dude chill out. You really get that upset from what one person says? Wow just wow

The guy is nuts..... he has serious mental problems. He also said Pence could have overturned the election... be careful what you wish for because Pence isn't vice president now. He would go more ape shit crazy if he ran and won the next election and Harris said she was gonna overturn the

Mean words for sure!

Grab another $11 coffee and calm down.

You'll be ok when the shaking stops...
I don't think he will be ok. Good lord trump isnt even in office and he still drives these people insane. He is still in their heads 24/7. Honest to god you think they would move on but they can't mentally. They really do have TDS.

I don't think he will be ok. Good lord trump isnt even in office and he still drives these people insane. He is still in their heads 24/7. Honest to god you think they would move on but they can't mentally. They really do have TDS.
I swear to you it is not Trump as much as people like you that continue to spin it. This country was never perfect, but it's like we have forgotten everything that used to be normal. The guard rails have come off and the risk is staring you in the face. But you continue to ignore it.

When I see some of you attack Aloha and Ranger for their concerns with Trump I know we have a problem.

Dude chill out. You really get that upset from what one person says? Wow just wow
You're right. My bad. I'm sorry for the overreaction. I don't know what the hell came over me. The more I think about it, why is this even news for God's sake?!! A former president of the United States referring to his country as corrupt, intimidating prosecutors who are investigating his shady dealings, suggesting that more Jan 6-style "protests" may be necessary but this time on a national scale, and signaling that he'll pardon violent criminals who attacked cops and tried to stop the constitutionally-mandated process of certifying the election of a new president? Sounds like the definition of "nothingburger."

You should maybe give up your rage and anger and try finding yourself a dem who can win in 2024. But hey do what you gotta do. In fact run dementia joe again. He would get slaughtered.

and The National Pulse finds that 50% of Likely U.S. voters support the impeachment of Biden, including 33% who Strongly Support it. Forty-five percent (45%) are opposed to impeaching Biden, including 33% who Strongly Oppose it. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

Sure. Only the leader of the Republican party who at this point is the lead dog to run again.

Nothing to see here. Just another dude. 🙄
The Republican Party is essentially leaderless as of today.

Trump had no Party, only a huge Populist supporting base. Still has that base, and likely grows daily as the economy slows, the market slides, inflation blows up retirement
assets and the Flu scam is revealed.

If DJT decides to run, he will run.

If the GOP wants in on this action, DeSantis as VP nominee might help the populists gain more control of the Party platform.

You should maybe give up your rage and anger and try finding yourself a dem who can win in 2024. But hey do what you gotta do. In fact run dementia joe again. He would get slaughtered.

and The National Pulse finds that 50% of Likely U.S. voters support the impeachment of Biden, including 33% who Strongly Support it. Forty-five percent (45%) are opposed to impeaching Biden, including 33% who Strongly Oppose it. (To see survey question wording, click here.)
You're the only angry rage-filled poster on here. Well, and stoll.

Reactions: UncleMark

I'm not a Dem, I'm not talking about Biden, and this has nothing to do with Biden. I'm talking about the outrageous words and conduct of the former president who continues to hold rallies, rake in cash, remains the frontrunner for the GOP nomination in 2024, and has people like you eating out of his hand. His behavior is indefensible, yet his legion of Trumpers - - including proud members like you - - continue to venerate this reckless and dangerous SOB.

Given my history here, I absolutely know the difference.
Good luck with him he is very angry. I simply do not understand his rage over one person though really it is over any of us who voted for Trump he likely hates all of us with a passion. Life if far too short to get so darn upset over something like that but I guess that is his deal so what can you. I think biden is an idiot but i would rather let a clown like that upset me or make me mad it simply is not worth it.

Good luck with him he is very angry. I simply do not understand his rage over one person though really it is over any of us who voted for Trump he likely hates all of us with a passion. Life if far too short to get so darn upset over something like that but I guess that is his deal so what can you. I think biden is an idiot but i would rather let a clown like that upset me or make me mad it simply is not worth it.
Biden lives in that tiny pea brain of yours...rent free.

I just hope, for his sake, that he doesn't live in a tall building....

Reactions: DANC
As bad as Biden and his administration is, I honestly do not think he would get elected again. Do not think the country can handle it. No matter what party affiliation you are or independent, it's pretty sad when the best this country can produce are the likes of DJT and JB. Surely America can do better.

As bad as Biden and his administration is, I honestly do not think he would get elected again. Do not think the country can handle it. No matter what party affiliation you are or independent, it's pretty sad when the best this country can produce are the likes of DJT and JB. Surely America can do better.
Very true. Both are awful options. But I think the country can deal with Biden ineptness over a guy like Trump that will spend 4 years seeking revenge and looking for weak spots in our democracy to exploit.

How the hell did it get to the point of having a choice between inept and corrupt?

Very true. Both are awful options. But I think the country can deal with Biden ineptness over a guy like Trump that will spend 4 years seeking revenge and looking for weak spots in our democracy to exploit.

How the hell did it get to the point of having a choice between inept and corrupt?
Both are bad for different reasons. Let's just leave it at that. Hopefully neither are in office in 2024.

Reactions: BCCHoosier

pardons are part of the rule of law. At least Trump is open and transparent about his intentions. Don’t like it? Don’t vote for him. Or better yet call him names on the internet. That’s your right.

Contrast that with the other guy who gives the rule of law the finger by not only welcoming illegal immigrants, but giving them free airfare to the US destination of their choosing plus other travel perks. I don’t recall his promise not to enforce immigration law during his campaign. Dishonest.

Oh, and don’t forget the left-wing operative who hides behind his foundation and other money-laundering operations to fund prosecuting attorney elections for those who refuse to enforce or prosecute whole classes of crime—based on who offends.

If the rule of law is under attack, only one guy is honest and open about it.

He's literally ruining some of the massive momentum for the GOP. That being said, he doesn't give a shit about the GOP or any party, which he's demonstrated previously.

pardons are part of the rule of law. At least Trump is open and transparent about his intentions. Don’t like it? Don’t vote for him. Or better yet call him names on the internet. That’s your right.

Contrast that with the other guy who gives the rule of law the finger by not only welcoming illegal immigrants, but giving them free airfare to the US destination of their choosing plus other travel perks. I don’t recall his promise not to enforce immigration law during his campaign. Dishonest.

Oh, and don’t forget the left-wing operative who hides behind his foundation and other money-laundering operations to fund prosecuting attorney elections for those who refuse to enforce or prosecute whole classes of crime—based on who offends.

The only thing that separates you from bailey and a few others here is your writing ability, which is somewhat better than theirs. But it's the same bullshit tactic of distract, deflect and "whatabout Biden." You're unable to defend Trump, so you quickly pivot to unrelated matters and hope that nobody notices.

This thread is about Trump and, in particular, his incendiary speech Saturday night. He's talking about pardoning hundreds of US Capitol rioters and assailants who attempted to block two hallmarks of our democracy - - the certification of a presidential election, and the peaceful transfer of power. He's also trying to intimidate prosecutors who are conducting lawful investigations into his misconduct. Don't feebly attempt to draw a parallel with the current president (or any of Trump's predecessors, for that matter) because there isn't one. What Trump did in Texas Saturday night is unprecedented in American history, and just another example of why he's an ongoing threat to democracy and a cancer on the country.

This thread is about Trump and, in particular, his incendiary speech Saturday night
My device shows the tread title as giving the middle finger to the rule of law. You cited one example, I cited a couple of others.

I’ve posted before about this issue. We used to believe as a country that we are a government of laws, not of men. That is no longer true.

My device shows the tread title as giving the middle finger to the rule of law. You cited one example, I cited a couple of others.

I’ve posted before about this issue. We used to believe as a country that we are a government of laws, not of men. That is no longer true.

as long as men make said laws, and enforce or don't enforce said laws, it can be no other way than of men.

a catch 22 i realize.

thus we have to be diligent as to the men and women we vote for.

our fate is in their hands, regardless of how much we or our founders wished otherwise, or tried to protect against.

He's literally ruining some of the massive momentum for the GOP. That being said, he doesn't give a shit about the GOP or any party, which he's demonstrated previously.
I cannot imagine Trump ever announcing that he has decided not to run for President under any circumstances whatsoever. He loves the spotlight too much, and announcing that he isn't going to run would appear to validate Biden's election. So, instead, I fully expect Trump to run for President again, but he will probably wait until shortly before he must actually register as a primary candidate to announce his candidacy (in order to command attention as long as possible). For the reasons others have posted, the Republican party would be hurt by another Trump candidacy.

In the unlikely event that something happens beyond Trump's control to prevent his candidacy (like an unexpected health problem), it seems certain that Trump will continue trying to pick candidates and influence Republican policy from the sidelines. I think such sideline meddling by Trump is likely to hurt the Republicans, too.

Statements by Sununu, Kasich and Graham this week indicate that traditional Republicans don't appreciate Trump's current activity, but they don't know how to make him go away either.

positions and policies on immigration have swung back and forth since we became a nation. Neither extreme has to date imploded the US. But debating whether our clearly secure national elections are rigged or not is a new thing. If this becomes normalized, we’re f*cked. No representation, no checks and balances, none of that good stuff. Some willfully ignorant right-leaning folks need to think this through…..

positions and policies on immigration have swung back and forth since we became a nation. Neither extreme has to date imploded the US. But debating whether our clearly secure national elections are rigged or not is a new thing. If this becomes normalized, we’re f*cked. No representation, no checks and balances, none of that good stuff. Some willfully ignorant right-leaning folks need to think this through…..
I've always found it interesting that Trump's supporters buy into his ridiculous claims that the state election officials in Georgia (all Republicans) purposefully conducted a fraudulent election to let Democrat Biden win Georgia.

Is that really what Southern Republicans do now, help Democrats win?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT