ADVERTISEMENT

Trump should not visit Springfield, Ohio

For the better part of the last week or so, Trump has been promising to visit Springfield, Ohio.

This is a monumentally bad idea.

Both the Republican governor of Ohio and mayor of Springfield have asked him not to come. Springfield’s resources are already overburdened and they’ve been relying on state high patrol to fill in gaps for every day police work. Couple that with recent failings of his secret service detail and it’s a recipe for one giant shit show. I really hope he stays away.

On top of all those concerns, Ohio isn’t a battleground state. His campaign could be better served by spending time elsewhere.

That said, as dumb and ill advised it is to go there, I fully expect him to do it. If, God forbid, something crazy happens when he’s there it won’t be because of some far left secret plan. He and his campaign fully know what the situation is.
Hopefully, he goes there and it helps him get elected so other poor Americans don’t get treated like shit. F#ck DeWine. He’s an a#%.

Last edited:
Reactions: DANC
What do you think Trump’s tax cuts for the wealthy and tariffs are going to do?
I already know what Trump’s tax cut did. They helped everyone out. Tax receipts went up. Corporate profits went up. Corporations are now more competitive globally. Wages went up. Everyone who was paying income taxes saw an increase in their take home pay.

I already know what Trump’s tax cut did. They helped everyone out. Tax receipts went up. Corporate profits went up. Corporations are now more competitive globally. Wages went up. Everyone who was paying income taxes saw an increase in their take home pay.

Bueller, Bueller. Voodoo economics.

Reactions: Ohio Guy
Does anyone think he gives a shit about how this will effect anyone or anything besides his own political ends?
You are not this stupid mark. Kick off the blinders, look at the actually evidence and not your hatred. It takes a big man to admit that he's been bamboozled, be that man. You can even say that you hate him, but just effing stop. You should be better than this.

Reactions: DANC
Remember The Dream Team - public service is our mission. We’re creating a record. Don’t worry
You are wasting energy on the court doing stupid shit against stupid trolls. It's not a PSA. That is the troll hole that catches ya.
This is like using the Bird years Celtics against a mouthy blind school of 3 year olds.
That one kentucky inbred needs to be gone, but you keep baiting it. Get back on track coach.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
You are not this stupid mark. Kick off the blinders, look at the actually evidence and not your hatred. It takes a big man to admit that he's been bamboozled, be that man. You can even say that you hate him, but just effing stop. You should be better than this.
We hate him because he’s a horrifically bad human being. I’m ok admitting that

Tax receipts also increased as a percentage of GDP as well.
Where was the 47% increase? Revenue remained fairly flat from about 2015 till 2021 when Trump's tax cuts expired on the middle class.

Also why didn't Trump get any budget cuts done in 2017? All I see is increasing deficits every year. Including pre COVID.

Also had he not done those tax cuts in 2017, like every economist in the world suggested he not do, he would have had a nice tax cut lever to pull during COVID. Instead he had to print massive amounts of money and create the biggest deficit we have ever seen.

Where was the 47% increase? Revenue remained fairly flat from about 2015 till 2021 when Trump's tax cuts expired on the middle class.

Also why didn't Trump get any budget cuts done in 2017? All I see is increasing deficits every year. Including pre COVID.

Also had he not done those tax cuts in 2017, like every economist in the world suggested he not do, he would have had a nice tax cut lever to pull during COVID. Instead he had to print massive amounts of money and create the biggest deficit we have ever seen.

Tax cuts didn't expire in 2021. Geez.....

If you are gifted the company and millions of dollars and file 5 bankruptcies you can. Even you could probably do that.
He wasn't 'gifted' the company. He was given money from his dad and grew the company exponentially.

If you know anything about business, you know bankruptcies are part of doing business. Don't blame Trump because he takes advantage of US laws.

He wasn't 'gifted' the company. He was given money from his dad and grew the company exponentially.

If you know anything about business, you know bankruptcies are part of doing business. Don't blame Trump because he takes advantage of US laws.

The point is he was gifted the company and millions of dollars and constantly screwed over creditors. Even you could probably do that….maybe.

You're all over the place. The tax cuts for middle class don't expire until 2025. The article you linked shows an increase in revenues from 3.32 trillion in 2017 to 4.9 trillion in 2022. That's where the 47% increase in revenue came from in the linked tweet.

The point is he was gifted the company and millions of dollars and constantly screwed over creditors. Even you could probably do that….maybe.
I couldn't. I'm not devious enough to be a businessman in New York.

On the other hand, show me a politician who isn't devious.

I'll take the guy who benefits the US the most.

You're all over the place. The tax cuts for middle class don't expire until 2025. The article you linked shows an increase in revenues from 3.32 trillion in 2017 to 4.9 trillion in 2022. That's where the 47% increase in revenue came from in the linked tweet.
Sheer ignorance. He was told they expired by some influencer, so he thinks it's true.

Ah my apologies. Still how do connect those two things? Would the increase in revenue be caused more by inflation, rising wage growth, record corporate profits, more people aging in the aging out of the system? How do tax cuts create more revenue?

Or are you saying in spite of the tax cuts we still brought in more taxes?

Also why didn't Trump's Congress offer any budget cuts when they could have easily got them passed?

Back to the original point. You can blame the left for the migrants being there, but does not negate the fact that Trump should listen to local officials. Why add stress to an already tough situation?
I'm not sure "blaming the left" is accurate. FL has a pretty significant population of right leaning Haitians which for political reasons were welcomed by DeSantis. Sort of like Cubans...

In fact Hatians started to come to FL en masse beginning around 1972,and thruout the 80s it's largely been Pubs who presided over that influx of Haitians to FL over the years.
Yeah, it's his fault Springfield is a migrant shithole.

You people are unhinged.
What made Springfield a paradise before the Migrants came?

What made Springfield a paradise before the Migrants came?
I think I've mentioned that I was born in Springfield and lived there until I moved away for college. It was a good enough place to grow up. Some of my best friends are still people I met in grade school and high school. That said, save for a handful of folks, most the people I knew growing up left town and never looked back. It's not dissimilar to a lot of small-ish midwestern towns that were gutted by factories moving jobs overseas in the 1980s. Until the recent influx of Haitian immigrants, Springfield steadily lost - or at best - stayed flat in terms of population almost every year. The neighborhood where my Catholic grade school and church is turned into a bad place to be looonnng before any Haitians ever set foot in Springfield. So much so that when I wanted to do a long run from Springfield to Yellow Springs on a Saturday morning 10-12 years ago on the bike trail that happens to run behind that neighborhood and through the south end of town, my dad recommended against it (I did it anyway).

That's not to say there aren't nice areas there. My parents still live in the house where I grew up and that's a decent neighborhood. Houses around the Springfield Country Club are still really nice and have held their value decently. All that said, the narrative that Trump likes to push that Springfield was some sort of magical utopian midwest oasis before Haitian migrants came to town is wrong in a lot of ways.

Last edited:
You're not that difficult to figure out
Can't say that about you. We'd need google translate to figure out the point you're trying to make here...

It's OK if he doesn't agree with me DANC. I realize that is foreign concept for the MAGA hive mind mentality.
"He's never said he doesn't disagree with you. Making up stories in your head again?"

And then there's this "answer" to sobester that ranks right up there with Trump claiming he'd "solve" child care cost by imposing his stupid tariff idea...

I will give Trump credit for training the dimwitted to accept anecdotal evidence, true or not, and extrapolate it across the entire country leading to his desired narrative.
"I wouldn't think it would be a problem for Trump to visit a normal city, but you and that Ohio moron claim it's a dangerous place for him"

What exactly does your response have to do with sobester's point about dimwitted folks relying on anecdotal evidence? I mean if you want to take exception with being characterized as "dimwitted", that disconnected response is not going to provide any positive support for your argument...

The general rule of thumb would seem to be if you intend to reply to something you quote (quote reply) your reply should have some relevance to what you quoted...Otherwise, it's undecipherable and makes no sense....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT