ADVERTISEMENT

Trump has successfully destroyed our Republic

Let’s play

Do you agree with dear leader Pelosi that Donald Trump is a deranged threat who cannot be allowed to possess the nations nuclear codes?

If your answer is no, then you have to admit that she’s on television saying that in order to be divisive and engaging in propaganda so her puppets will dance .

If your answer is yes, then you must ask yourself why she did not stay quiet until that could be rectified .

While you are thinking, also please explain why Democrat hyperbole is different than Republican hyperbole.

Why should she stay quiet?

Because republican hyperbole is more full of shit.

Why should she stay quiet?

Because republican hyperbole is more full of shit.

Sigh. You really can’t figure this stuff out on your own, can you?

If Trump is a deranged risk to launch nukes, does her statement make it more or less likely that he will do so while she gets a facial this weekend?

If he is really a risk, she made the problem worse.

Or ... she is just playing you for a fool, thinking you are stupid enough to believe it and get all twitter-triggered.

For my money, let’s get it ON. Have some hearings. Lawyers asking questions of people under oath. But be careful - lawyers ain’t potted plants. Sometimes the truth comes out. Always a bad for vote whores.

Reactions: jet812 and stollcpa
The ash heap we see today began with Ted Kennedy's "politics of personal destruction" against Bork.

Nancy Pelosi could tweet out "'kill a Republican!" and over half this board would do it by noon.
Here are two of the guys you are supporting. The orange hat on the one was the identifying color for the Proud Bois for this event, There can be no misunderstanding why the other brought the cable ties into the House chamber. Just like Ted Bundy's precut 3-foot sections of rope on his campus tours.
92713972fd98441eaa41aaeaca92d12c_xl.jpg

This was serious, No time to claim what you said was a joke.

Reactions: bigmac76
Sigh. You really can’t figure this stuff out on your own, can you?

If Trump is a deranged risk to launch nukes, does her statement make it more or less likely that he will do so while she gets a facial this weekend?

If he is really a risk, she made the problem worse.

Or ... she is just playing you for a fool, thinking you are stupid enough to believe it and get all twitter-triggered.

For my money, let’s get it ON. Have some hearings. Lawyers asking questions of people under oath. But be careful - lawyers ain’t potted plants. Sometimes the truth comes out. Always a bad for vote whores.

Trump is Trump. Doubt anyone can make him worse.

OK, maybe Twitter can.

Here are two of the guys you are supporting. The orange hat on the one was the identifying color for the Proud Bois for this event, There can be no misunderstanding why the other brought the cable ties into the House chamber. Just like Ted Bundy's precut 3-foot sections of rope on his campus tours.
92713972fd98441eaa41aaeaca92d12c_xl.jpg

This was serious, No time to claim what you said was a joke.

If you equate what I have said with “support” for violence at the Capitol, then you are too far gone for us to talk. I would feel like I am depriving you of the immediate medical help you need.

That’s the biggest problem on this board. Too many people who can’t think critically.

If I say “Nancy is wrong” you hear “Trump is right.”

You should seek psychological help. ASAP. It may already be too late, but try anyway.

When you combine Twitter and Facebook with the sham that is a high school diploma in this country, Nero starts warming up.

Don't know about Twit or FB as I'm on neither. Only see the stuff copied and posted here.
High school diplomas I agree on. Could probably include a lot of college diplomas too.

If you equate what I have said with “support” for violence at the Capitol, then you are too far gone for us to talk. I would feel like I am depriving you of the immediate medical help you need.

That’s the biggest problem on this board. Too many people who can’t think critically.

If I say “Nancy is wrong” you hear “Trump is right.”

You should seek psychological help. ASAP. It may already be too late, but try anyway.
No, you didn't write anything at all as tame as "Nancy is wrong." What you actually wrote is: "Nancy Pelosi could tweet out "'kill a Republican!" and over half this board would do it by noon." That's unsupportable.

What you wrote is a false message that "none of this matters because Pelosi and Democrats are just as violent" when neither Pelosi or Democrats ever did anything as violent as what we all saw from the right-wingers last week. You're totally offbase claiming what the right-wingers actually did at the Capitol doesn't matter because your clairvoyance tells you some unknown Democrat somewhere might, maybe, could do something in the sweet by and by.

What you did by downplaying the right wing violence is exactly what Trump does. You're a clear supporter.

For God's sake, don't you realize that the rioters brought cable ties into the building so they could tie up any members of Congress they happened to capture?

No, you didn't write anything at all as tame as "Nancy is wrong." What you actually wrote is: "Nancy Pelosi could tweet out "'kill a Republican!" and over half this board would do it by noon." That's unsupportable.

What you wrote is a false message that "none of this matters because Pelosi and Democrats are just as violent" when neither Pelosi or Democrats ever did anything as violent as what we all saw from the right-wingers last week. You're totally offbase claiming what the right-wingers actually did at the Capitol doesn't matter because your clairvoyance tells you some unknown Democrat somewhere might, maybe, could do something in the sweet by and by.

What you did by downplaying the right wing violence is exactly what Trump does. You're a clear supporter.

For God's sake, don't you realize that the rioters brought cable ties into the building so they could tie up any members of Congress they happened to capture?
they brought cable ties to capture members of congress? wtf happened? why didn't they get any? i know some of these younger ones are slippery; be easier to catch bigfoot than hawley or some of the squad; but there's like a dozen octogenarians. they didn't get any of them?

Reactions: stollcpa
they brought cable ties to capture members of congress? wtf happened? why didn't they get any? i know some of these younger ones are slippery; be easier to catch bigfoot than hawley or some of the squad; but there's like a dozen octogenarians. they didn't get any of them?

You try capturing Mitch McConnell when he’s all hopped up on coke.

Ashli Babbitt happened. No one entered the chambers after that until the members were gone.

Reactions: Bill4411
I’ve never tried to overthrow our government
Where did Trump tell people to do violence? It is the Left who has been ho hum on violence over this last summer of love. Trump was telling people to protest. And when it got violent he told them to stop, go home etc. The Left has never told Antifa and BLM to stop anything. Cuomo on CNN even said, "who said protests have to be peaceful?"

Where did Trump tell people to do violence? It is the Left who has been ho hum on violence over this last summer of love. Trump was telling people to protest. And when it got violent he told them to stop, go home etc. The Left has never told Antifa and BLM to stop anything. Cuomo on CNN even said, "who said protests have to be peaceful?"

The blm prostests were not instigated by a democrat official.

Biden did come out against rioting in the blm protests but apparently you don't pay attention.

Shocking that you are so ill-informed

Typical liberal argument that starts with, “let me tell you what you said.”

Let me walk you through this:

I. Did. NOT. Write. Say. Or. Think. "none of this matters because Pelosi and Democrats are just as violent.” I also did not “downplay” violence.

If you have to make up words to put in my mouth or thoughts to put in in my head, or otherwise mischaracterize, so you can try and make a point, you are engaging in fantasy.

I have always criticized violence, by all parties, so just stop trying to say otherwise.

The vast majority of the “right wingers” you hate are not violent, just like the vast majority of people in DC never even went inside the building. As usual, the trouble was caused by a few. Your refusal to acknowledge that so you can insult me does not make you right.

Last edited:
Typical liberal argument that starts with, “let me tell you what you said.”

Let me walk you through this:

I. Did. NOT. Write. Say. Or. Think. "none of this matters because Pelosi and Democrats are just as violent.” I also did not “downplay” violence.

If you have to make up words to put in my mouth or thoughts to put in in my head, or otherwise mischaracterize, so you can try and make a point, you are engaging in fantasy.

I have always criticized violence, by all parties, so just stop trying to say otherwise.

The vast majority of the “right wingers” you hate are not violent, just like the vast majority of people in DC never even went inside the building. As usual, the trouble was caused by a few. Your refusal to acknowledge that so you can insult me does not make you right.

Do you read what you write or just type without thought?

Trump and his supporters did what we are talking about. Not only did they do it, but over 50% of republicans are fine with it or are blaming antifa for it.

So your defense is that if pelosi said something that she didn't say then democrats would do something they haven't done based on nothing but your amateur opinion.

If pelosi said to kill republicans, then maybe a few numbskulls would listen. However they would be in jail, pelosi would be in trouble and vast majority of democrats would be against pelosi at that point.

So your post was nothing but a yabbut yabbut and then act like communicating is impossible because of the other side. Yea ok

Last edited:
Reactions: TommyCracker
Wow. Everybody see this?

McMurtry repeatedly tells us he is some sort of hotshot misdemeanor criminal lawyer from St. Louis (which he says is the most dangerous city in the U.S., like getting shot in Ellettsville would hurt any less) but he has no idea what an attempted crime is.

These rioters showed their intent to kidnap people in the Capitol when they forced their way into the Capitol carrying cable ties, which have no conceivable purpose except to tie someone's wrists behind their backs. That's attempted kidnapping even if no one was kidnapped.

Wow. Everybody see this?

McMurtry repeatedly tells us he is some sort of hotshot misdemeanor criminal lawyer from St. Louis (which he says is the most dangerous city in the U.S., like getting shot in Ellettsville would hurt any less) but he has no idea what an attempted crime is.

These rioters showed their intent to kidnap people in the Capitol when they forced their way into the Capitol carrying cable ties, which have no conceivable purpose except to tie someone's wrists behind their backs. That's attempted kidnapping even if no one was kidnapped.
lmao. i'm still waiting to hear something you know about. but keep playing lawyer on here....

Reactions: stollcpa
lmao. i'm still waiting to hear something you know about. but keep playing lawyer on here....
You totally respect my judgment. Look who liked this post (No. 288) where I called you out.

You totally respect my judgment. Look who liked this post (No. 288) where I called you out.

Great find!!!! Good one!

Lets see if I can talk you down.

Extra-legal or extra-constitutional (or even illegal or unconstitutional) conduct is nothing new. We've survived Jackson's defiance of the Court; Lincoln's suspension of the Writ; TR's land grabs; FDR's internment camps; Nixon's impoundments; Obama's "pen & phone" edicts; and Mitch's abrogating his Constitutional duty.

The guardrails get pushed apart in times of crisis. But they appear to have held. Once this immediate crisis has been overcome, they will be straightened and narrowed once again. We'll get through this.
Well said. Thanks.

I think Silver has this one pretty on point.

The first question is not how to unite the country. It’s what is the right thing to do? Are we going to let Trump set such a precedent? The obvious answer is no. In fact it’s a no brainer.

Ask yourself, why would we Americans propitiate to insurrectionists? Or their enablers? If you’re worried about uniting the country, you’re propitiating to traitors. We have always had a policy of not negotiating with terrorists.

The first question is not how to unite the country. It’s what is the right thing to do? Are we going to let Trump set such a precedent? The obvious answer is no. In fact it’s a no brainer.

Ask yourself, why would we Americans propitiate to insurrectionists? Or their enablers? If you’re worried about uniting the country, you’re propitiating to traitors. We have always had a policy of not negotiating with terrorists.
They can't let this past weeks behavior slide. You can't set the precedent that this behavior is acceptable or tolerated. Each and every person will need to be tracked down, brought before a judge and hopefully incarcerated. If the loons march on D.C. with the intent of disrupting the inauguration they need to be stopped with force of necessary, if not the constitution isn't worth the parchment it's printed on.

Ultimately the Republican Party is going to have it very tough moving forward. A recent poll shows 45% of republicans support storming the Capital and just 43% oppose. How can you define the party with this kind of extreme division?

Reactions: sglowrider
Joe Biden is not going to reunite our fractured country. Good news is he will likely do no harm as he’s not a firebrand type and not super liberal. I think he’s going to try and stimulate the economy and then try to get some kind of bill through Congress which requires both the Dems and Pubs to agree on something (probably infrastructure). At that point we’re already into 2022 election season. That’s best case scenario.

However, based on the current climate I’m not optimistic. I’m hopeful though.

Reactions: Bill4411
With a stupid environmentalist nuts closing all the Coal fired power plants electricity is going to cost a fortune!
There's this bright spot in the sky (stare at it during the next eclipse :cool: ) and these tall towers with blades on them for when the wind blows.....these devices also generate electricity......the worlds changing constantly.

Ultimately the Republican Party is going to have it very tough moving forward. A recent poll shows 45% of republicans support storming the Capital and just 43% oppose. How can you define the party with this kind of extreme division?

The problem is that a good portion of the 43% that oppose probably blame antifa for the riot.

The problem is that a good portion of the 43% that oppose probably blame antifa for the riot.
Them Antifa is clever buggers. From wearing the red hats, to carrying the Trump flags, to chowing on pork rinds, to the toothless grins. They must practice that stuff.

Joe Biden is not going to reunite our fractured country. Good news is he will likely do no harm as he’s not a firebrand type and not super liberal. I think he’s going to try and stimulate the economy and then try to get some kind of bill through Congress which requires both the Dems and Pubs to agree on something (probably infrastructure). At that point we’re already into 2022 election season. That’s best case scenario.

Biden himself won't. The question is how much damage will the leftist nutjobs do?

If he can't keep them in check the Dems get boat raced in the midterms and the smart ones know it.

Biden himself won't. The question is how much damage will the leftist nutjobs do?

If he can't keep them in check the Dems get boat raced in the midterms and the smart ones know it.
My hope is that we can get through the next 6 months with the biggest news being stimulus and vaccine delivery. I'm pretty certain Biden will refrain from any incendiary commentary. I voted for him b/c I hope he will get out of the way and let the professionals within the government do their jobs.

Pelosi got elected speaker again. The left wing of the Democratic party has, for the moment, failed to take control of the caucus. I suspect something similar is going to happen within the Republican party as Trumpism purges itself. I do hope that if the Dems do lose in 2022 the Pubs coming in aren't Qanon spewing weirdos, but we will see.

While some might think the Dems winning the two GA senate races as a bad thing, I believe it actually is the best possible result and not because I believe there will be any earth shattering left wing policies coming, but b/c of two things:

1. McConnell is out of power
2. The moderate Dems and Pubs will wield a great amount of power. Agreements will have to be made. Divisions might be somewhat healed.

I mean, i'm not believing they hold hands or anything but to do anything the Dems are going to need folks like Manchin, Tester and Sinema. Murkowski and Colilns will be able to pull Pubs to the center or threaten votes with the Dems. Should be interesting.

Reactions: Courtsensetwo

Biden can only go so far, and many on the right won't listen to anything he says. Reunification will require leadership on the right to constructively engage their constituents.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT