ADVERTISEMENT

Trump CNN round table thread

I'll take fiscal responsibility in exchange for some things.

We are getting overrun which will surely strain social welfare systems but have no problem sending money to Ukraine.

I’d think you’d care that you’re incredibly one sided and do a little self reflection.
And you going after liberals for being one sided while ignoring conservatives is hardly equal either. Maybe clean up your own house first.

When I make an accusation against a Republican that is unfair, then feel free to go after my post. ;)

I hate to break it to you but most posters are not independent. Most are one-sided...even you.

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
And you going after liberals for being one sided while ignoring conservatives is hardly equal either. Maybe clean up your own house first.

When I make an accusation against a Republican that is unfair, then feel free to go after my post. ;)

I hate to break it to you but most posters are not independent. Most are one-sided...even you.
You cannot possibly be anything other than a troll. Aloha’s fights with DANC and others could fill a library

Reactions: IUINSB

Dude, have you not been paying attention? I’ve been in a years long spat with the Trumpsters on my side, even in this thread. I’m one of the least partisan posters here these days. That’s more due to hyperpartisans on both sides taking over the board because I’ve not changed my positions much.

Fix yourself.

Reactions: stollcpa
You really won't save money from gardening but fresh vegetables are so much better and you can grow what you can't buy.

I also do herbs and grow things like thai basil that I wouldn't get otherwise.
I have a couple local , on the way to store and a lot closer stands that sell. They grow and also buy at produce sales so it wouldnt be worth the cost for me . Fresh chives you can cut are good

Reactions: Cthulhu85
I’m not known for my sensitivity. ;) I rarely take anything very seriously here. I do wish Republicans were more realistic about Trump though. He’s just not a positive factor in our party or for the country. We need to move on.
I wish Trump were out of the picture as far as running. The dems are across the board nuts and I mean all not just here. I defend trump on the stuff they keep trying to bring up with him because I despise liberal hypocrisy and it runs to the very core .

Didn’t you say GWB’s low deficit was due to the dot com boom? That ended in 2000 and Bush took office in 2001. Sorry if I misread your post.
Don't think I said anything about W in that post . . . I'll have to check . . . I did talk about W's 51% rule in another post. That might be what you're thinking of . . .

. . . you'll have to be more careful reading my posts in the future. I only do stream of consciousness when I'm talking . . . . :oops:

I want a republican that can win.

If I defend trump any it's because the left has been hounding the guy for 8 years now. It's unbelievable. They helped make him. What more can they possibly shit on him for.

Oh, and they loved him before he switched parties.

If I defend trump any it's because the left has been hounding the guy for 8 years now. It's unbelievable. They helped make him. What more can they possibly shit on him for.

hounding the guy for being a sexual predator and attacking everyone and anyone on twitter that so much as looked at him cross?

Yea, he is such a victim.

Btw, how did Republicans treat Obama? (who didn't have near immorality nor behavioral problems)

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and Crayfish57

Trump can’t win. We’d have control of the Senate if Trump was out of the picture too.

hounding the guy for being a sexual predator and attacking everyone and anyone on twitter that so much as looked at him cross?

Btw, how did Republicans treat Obama? (who didn't have near immorality nor behavioral problems)
Has he been convicted of anything?

Twitter is gay and I don't pay attention to any of that.

Obama had the media on his side.

Yep, I will support Trump (or anyone) when "their" assaults or complete and total lies. The anti anything Trumpers have duped a totally stupid segment of the american populist with complete and total falsehoods and obfuscation of the meaning or words. It's sickening.
But predictable because his policies ruined all of the lefts smoke and mirror leadership. He pulled back the curtain on the wizard of oz.

With respect to the debt as a % of GDP over time, and assuming this graph is correct, there are several "hockey stick-like growth" periods.

1) WWI (understandable)
2) Depression (understandable)
3) WWII (understandable)
4) Milder rise, but reversing a trend, in the Reagan & GHWB years (big spending, but at least the military spending cracked the Soviet Union)
5) The second GWB term, continuing through the first Obama administration (housing crash, recession)
6) 2019-2022, just before COVID, COVID, COVID recovery

US_Debt_to_GDP_Shareable.jpg

We must at least flatten this out. After all, on the whole and ignoring the WWII spike for the moment, debt was relatively flat, 1934-1981 or so.

source: https://www.visualcapitalist.com/timeline-150-years-of-u-s-national-debt/

• Love
Reactions: Indyhorn and larsIU
Aloha is on your team.
I wish Bing was on my party team. He’s a pretty moderate Democrat with some positions pretty liberal (social issues and safety net stuff) and some that are about as conservative as mine (foreign policies and 2nd amendment). However, no way he switches to the GOP while Trump is dominating it. I wouldn’t if I wasn’t already Republican.

Reactions: MrBing and Indyhorn
So how do you define "your team"?
I would classify myself as team Bitcoin and vote for whomever is for it. I don't consider either party to be for small government or fiscally conservative. Republicans are better than Democrats, but that's not saying much.

Last edited:
I wish Bing was on my party team. He’s a pretty moderate Democrat with some positions pretty liberal (social issues and safety net stuff) and some that are about as conservative as mine (foreign policies and 2nd amendment). However, no way he switches to the GOP while Trump is dominating it. I wouldn’t if I wasn’t already Republican.
I consider both of you moderates. I might be wrong, but it wouldn't surprise me if Bing voted for some Republicans (obviously, someone not named Trump).

How much has Biden been hounded for being the sexual predator and the pedophile he obviously is?

Reactions: Cthulhu85 and DANC
Yes, I voted against Trump. I’d do it again. However, I’ll put my conservative credentials up against anyone here.
Sorry, but if the choice is voting for Biden just to vote against Trump that is really dumb. Biden has done more destruction in less than 2 1/2 years than anyone would think possible. Again I'm not asking Trump to be my friend or neighbor ( I hate my neighbor) But I am more concerned about where the country was than whether he pisses people off with his personality.

• Love
Reactions: DANC
Why is that?
Not sure what you are asking, but I'll answer both questions.

I think Republicans are better because they are for less government spending than Democrats. Governments as they grow become very inefficient with capital, which eventually leads to a debt spiral, and destabilization of society.

The reason both of them suck and aren't fiscally conservative is because the money is centrally controlled. As long as they can print, they'll choose the easy way out of more debt, instead of raising taxes or making cuts.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT