ADVERTISEMENT

Trump CNN round table thread

Yea, those tax breaks for the wealthy have no effect ;)

When kids generations from now ask why the world has gone to shit from climate change, they can say because ignoramuses didn't care.

So are dems to blame for worldwide inflation?
Dems to blame for ukraine war?

I'm sure dems are to blame for pretty much everything under the sun from your viewpoint ;)
Do you blame Democrats for anything?

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory
Do you blame Democrats for anything?
Hard to . . . when there's so much to blame Republicans for about the way they want to govern. They're results-oriented to the point where there's no talking sensibly to them. And the US political process is a process-driven system.

The result is a vacuum in which the only voices that get heard are extremes . . . and when that happens, what do you expect Democrats to do? They're gonna pay most attention to the extremes that elect them.

Same for Republicans. And that's the problem in a nutshell.

• Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57
Hard to . . . when there's so much to blame Republicans for about the way they want to govern. They're results-oriented to the point where there's no talking sensibly to them. And the US political process is a process-driven system.

The result is a vacuum in which the only voices that get heard are extremes . . . and when that happens, what do you expect Democrats to do? They're gonna pay most attention to the extremes that elect them.

Again, answering your question from earlier'' Am I insane?" Yes you are and apparently blind as well.

Aside from diving ULVs, keeping my house mechanicals tuned up, plus eating more vegetables . . . not much.

What are you doing?
Took the concrete driveway out and put in gravel. Took field tile out of a 3 acre area. Trying to allow for more surface area for rain water to soak in as opposed to run off.
I’ve slacked on the gardening. I need to improve in that area

So the US should govern by emotion?

Last edited:
Reactions: Crayfish57
I know Aloha and my money is on him between the two of you. :D
Easy money, but we’re not gonna fight. I also think DANC is way older so I’d feel bad about hurting him. Besides, despite his nastiness, I think he actually likes me.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
Took the concrete driveway out and put in gravel. Took field tile out of a 3 acre area. Trying to allow for more surface area for rain water to soak in as opposed to run off.
I’ve slacked on the gardening. I need to improve in that area
I need to garden and eat what I grow, both from a budget standpoint and a climate change standpoint.

Reactions: Spartans9312
Ain't nobody turning on nobody. We can question each other without turning. Well at least my side anyway.
Well, one of you tried to kick me out if the party by telling me I’m not a Republican. I don’t recall which of you did that because I don’t take any of that stuff seriously. I’m a Republican whether Trumpsters like it or not.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Well, one of you tried to kick me off the by telling me I’m not a Republican. I don’t recall which of you did that because I don’t take any of that stuff seriously. I’m a Republican whether Trumpsters like it or not.
Oh jebus. That was a mere spat, dang you seem soft.
Do you just go in and push the one big R button when voting, NO you don't. I've never been 100% party loyal and neither are you. Call it being a pub(e) , dim, indi... None of that means anything to me. It's the policy and position.

I meant by emotion.
No. But people are emotional creatures.

We've gotten used to having our way about things . . . and no reason to compromise. My guess is that if we shut up the extremes in both parties, we'd get to reasonable compromises pretty quickly on most issues. The one thing that could derail this approach is either side insisting on getting their way.

I used to blame Democrats for always wanting to spend too much, but starting with Bush, every president R or D spends like a 21 year old frat boy on payday at Big Red Liquors. Just gimme everything....
Yet the closest we’ve come to balancing the budget since our late 90s two year surplus was during GWB’s administration the year before the financial crisis. The deficit trended down before that and reached about $160 billion. We fiscal conservatives would be doing cartwheels if we could get anywhere close to that now.

Oh jebus. That was a mere spat, dang you seem soft.
Do you just go in and push the one big R button when voting, NO you don't. I've never been 100% party loyal and neither are you. Call it being a pub(e) , dim, indi... None of that means anything to me. It's the policy and position.
I’m not known for my sensitivity. ;) I rarely take anything very seriously here. I do wish Republicans were more realistic about Trump though. He’s just not a positive factor in our party or for the country. We need to move on.

Reactions: outside shooter
Yet the closest we’ve come to balancing the budget since our late 90s two year surplus was during GWB’s administration the year before the financial crisis. The deficit trended down before that and reached about $160 billion. We fiscal conservatives would be doing cartwheels if we could get anywhere close to that now.
. . . everybody would. The reason that the deficit trended down is because tax revenues were up because of the tech revolution increasing productivity, which resulted in higher corporate profits.

Remember when investors were throwing money at anything that had a dotcom in its name?

. . . everybody would. The reason that the deficit trended down is because tax revenues were up because of the tech revolution increasing productivity, which resulted in higher corporate profits.

Remember when investors were throwing money at anything that had a dotcom in its name?
That’s the reason for the 90s surplus. I got in on that too.

I don’t give Presidents much credit or blame for deficits or debt. Congress can fix this, but doesn’t do it.

Reactions: DANC and larsIU
It’s an appropriate one. I have you pegged as a hyperpartisan “Republicans are bad, Democrats are good” poster. That means I automatically discount every post you make bashing any and all Republicans, even Trump. Am I wrong?
Shorter: moron.

It’s an appropriate one. I have you pegged as a hyperpartisan “Republicans are bad, Democrats are good” poster. That means I automatically discount every post you make bashing any and all Republicans, even Trump. Am I wrong?
Tell someone who cares

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT