ADVERTISEMENT

The Republican

Self made Billionaires don’t run for VP. Your bigotry toward the “MAGA Crowd” is noted for the 122nd time.
They're happy to run for VP if the guy is at the top of the ticket is in his late 70s, pushing 250 pounds, and gorges himself on a fast-food diet. Not exactly a recipe for longevity.

With respect to the rest of my post, I was merely stating the obvious. Sorry if you're too dumb to see it.

Why aren't his siblings worth anywhere near what he is then? They inherited the same amount.
do you understand the meaning of self made? you aren't self made when you inherit 400 million. he could have done absolutely nothing. gave it to a financial advisor and sat home and watched movies for 40 years and he'd be a billionaire. trump isn't even a self made millionaire.

And who knows what influence his pop had on that. The one thing you have to credit trump for is that he is one hell of a marketer. Other than that he won the genetic lottery
Plastering his name on everything turned out to be a genius move. Even if 90% of it failed, it doesn't matter, because his name is still on the other 10%, and everyone knows it.

Plastering his name on everything turned out to be a genius move. Even if 90% of it failed, it doesn't matter, because his name is still on the other 10%, and everyone knows it.
amazing marketing guy. you don't self brand your way into a major network show and the white house without it

Why aren't his siblings worth anywhere near what he is then? They inherited the same amount.

In 1990, Donald was in financial ruin with creditors threatening to force him into bankruptcy. His dad dies and he is good to go with millions.

It's much easier to remain wealthy or grow your wealth when you get a gigantic head start. And apparently even when most of his ventures failed...but then refusing to pay contractors and ripping people off does help offset the failures.

• Haha
Reactions: ulrey
primary is going to be interesting. DeSantis has the best resume, but Vivek is campaigning is a lot better in my opinion. He is also the only candidate that is making any attempt to attract the MAGA vote (something they will need if they plan on beating Biden). Also, he isn't afraid to tell the truth. Climate change isn't an issue. Don't were liberals we will still be here in 50 years, alive and well.

Haley and Christie lead that pack.

He is also the only candidate that is making any attempt to attract the MAGA vote
See all the ones raising a hand. They are all pandering to the MAGA crowd. They will support Trump even if he were in a jail cell.

gop-presidential-debate-rt-moe-049-230823_1692844924648_hpMain_4x3t_992.jpg

Ramaswamy is interesting. He certainly isn't lacking in self-confidence. But he has no chance of winning the nomination. I'm sure he understands that as well and is essentially playing to an audience of one - - DJT. He wants to be Trump's running mate.

His public adoration of Trump, though, is hardly a guarantee Trump would pick him as his VP. Ramaswamy's Indian ancestry and Hindu upbringing would be a very hard sell for many in the MAGA crowd and could lessen enthusiasm.
The maga crowd is comprised of the economically desperate, the racist and the clinically stupid. The racist branch will see brown,funny name and off brand religion and go: "Nope!"

Last edited:
See all the ones raising a hand. They are all pandering to the MAGA crowd. They will support Trump even if he were in a jail cell.

gop-presidential-debate-rt-moe-049-230823_1692844924648_hpMain_4x3t_992.jpg

That is a great picture to show how pathetic Republicans are at this point. They claim to be the party of law and order but would still support a convict for president.

Christie was booed by the crowd for having a spine.

He’s just pandering to the core trump crowd that isn’t enough to win. Election stance re pence will make him a nonstarter to Dems and many independents Dumb move. It turns off independents. Plus he annoying as hell.
And, his claim that the government hasn't told us everything about 9-11 (22 years later) really makes him look like a sensible guy to represent all the people.

Reactions: UncleMark
Ramaswamy is interesting. He certainly isn't lacking in self-confidence. But he has no chance of winning the nomination. I'm sure he understands that as well and is essentially playing to an audience of one - - DJT. He wants to be Trump's running mate.

His public adoration of Trump, though, is hardly a guarantee Trump would pick him as his VP. Ramaswamy's Indian ancestry and Hindu upbringing would be a very hard sell for many in the MAGA crowd and could lessen enthusiasm.
Ugh.

Trump-Ramaswamy would be a double whammy of arrogant know-it-all "businessmen" who have never served the public interest in their lives.

The skills and accountability of a public servant don't overlap much with those of a successful "businessman" who has spent his whole career running a business the way he wants in order to please no one but himself.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
Vivek has been pretty adamant about not wanting the VP slot. More likely, he’s angling for Sherrod Brown’s seat although he would have to drop out relatively soon.

Ugh.

Trump-Ramaswamy would be a double whammy of arrogant know-it-all "businessmen" who have never served the public interest in their lives.

The skills and accountability of a public servant don't overlap much with those of a successful "businessman" who has spent his whole career running a business the way he wants in order to please no one but himself.
These aren’t public servants in office

Reactions: dr.jb
Ugh.

Pray tell, what are these “skills” that those in Washington posses that Vivek is devoid of?

You call Trump and Vivek arrogant. Perhaps. Do you consider DC to be a bastion of humility?

primary is going to be interesting. DeSantis has the best resume, but Vivek is campaigning is a lot better in my opinion. He is also the only candidate that is making any attempt to attract the MAGA vote (something they will need if they plan on beating Biden). Also, he isn't afraid to tell the truth. Climate change isn't an issue. Don't were liberals we will still be here in 50 years, alive and well.

VR's main claim to most qualified is, he can and will stick his tung farther up DJT's ass, than any of the rest of the field.

meanwhile, MSNBC is commissioning someone to add Biden to Mt Rushmore, and lobbying the Swedes to award him the Nobel Prize in both peace and economics.

Vivek has been pretty adamant about not wanting the VP slot. More likely, he’s angling for Sherrod Brown’s seat although he would have to drop out relatively soon.
Vivek is a cartoon character. No POTUS would want him as a VP screaming in the back seat like a five year old.

It was Christie for me. He's an actual conservative.
I am not a conservative outside of the fiscal sense. i like CC but he needs to expand off of trump. Nikki had solid responses to most topics.

I won't vote for trump and won't vote for Biden so somebody has to get in the right spot here.

Reactions: BadWakeboarder
Christie is a fat turd and has zero chance of winning. Haley is a cuter Romney and has similar chances of winning.
And that spells bad news on Election Day 2024 for republicans, because Christie and Haley might be the only two candidates who can attract some democrats and enough independents to actually win. Congratulations, your side is on a roll of nominating unlikable candidates to most of the country.

And that spells bad news on Election Day 2024 for republicans, because Christie and Haley might be the only two candidates who can attract some democrats and enough independents to actually win. Congratulations, your side is on a roll of nominating unlikable candidates to most of the country.
The problem is neither Haley or Christie are likable enough. They won’t get enough of the base to vote for them. They might carry Independents, but that’s only around a quarter of the electorate and isn’t a guarantee.

I wouldn’t vote for Christie. I’d vote for Haley if she came out pro Bitcoin. Democrat lite candidates can get bent as far as I am concerned. I have no use for them.

You're not exactly one of the power thinkers on this board...
So, you think Romney is cuter? Nothing else is debatable.

Honest answer. Christie is polling at 2% and isn’t like able. He’s never been a good candidate and nothing has changed. Haley is a better candidate, but she is in the Romney mold and can’t enough of the base to win IMO. DeSantis is the best candidate to win the general election. I think he would win fairly easy.

Last edited:
So, you think Romney is cuter? Nothing else is debatable.

Honest answer. Christie is polling at 2% and isn’t like able. He’s never been a good candidate and nothing has changed. Haley is a better candidate, but she is in the Romney mold and can’t enough of the base to win IMO. DeSantis is the best candidate to win the general election. I think he would win fairly easy.
DeSantis is Trump lite.

DeSantis is Trump lite.
I disagree, but let’s assume he is. Trump won in 16 and received the 76 million votes in 2020. DeSantis doesn’t bring out the same vitriol that Trump and every poll shows Biden isn’t liked and has been a disaster.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT