ADVERTISEMENT

The Republican

snarlcakes

All-American
Sep 9, 2009
primary is going to be interesting. DeSantis has the best resume, but Vivek is campaigning is a lot better in my opinion. He is also the only candidate that is making any attempt to attract the MAGA vote (something they will need if they plan on beating Biden). Also, he isn't afraid to tell the truth. Climate change isn't an issue. Don't were liberals we will still be here in 50 years, alive and well.

Reactions: Ty Webb iu
primary is going to be interesting. DeSantis has the best resume, but Vivek is campaigning is a lot better in my opinion. He is also the only candidate that is making any attempt to attract the MAGA vote (something they will need if they plan on beating Biden). Also, he isn't afraid to tell the truth. Climate change isn't an issue. Don't were liberals we will still be here in 50 years, alive and well.

He’s just pandering to the core trump crowd that isn’t enough to win. Election stance re pence will make him a nonstarter to Dems and many independents Dumb move. It turns off independents. Plus he annoying as hell.

Reactions: BadWakeboarder

Does he realize climate change happened long before we were here, continues to this day and will continue long after we're gone? The main issue is how much are we impacting it, and will enough people care about it before it impacts where they live.

People who argue against climate change mostly fall into three camps. Full denial (dumb), won't impact them in their lifetime (selfish) or other countries don't care why should we.

Let's just hope Vivek isn't Trump level dumb on the topic, where he views daily temperature as a factor of climate change.

I think you have it backwards in regards to needing the MAGA vote to beat Biden. He needs the MAGA vote to beat Trump and the other republicans.

In the general, he will need to win the independents (MAGA will likely be voting for the Republican regardless) in order to beat Biden.

That's why you see people trying to out crazy each other in the primary and then tone it down afterwards so they can try to sway independents to their side in the general.

• Haha
Reactions: ulrey
He’s just pandering to the core trump crowd that isn’t enough to win. Election stance re pence will make him a nonstarter to Dems and many independents Dumb move. It turns off independents. Plus he annoying as hell.
If the Trump crowd doesn’t show up the Republican candidate isn’t winning. I don’t care if he is annoying. I’d vote for Trump if I cared about who was the funniest.

Only the terminally stupid fall for that kind of nonsense.

Does he realize climate change happened long before we were here, continues to this day and will continue long after we're gone? The main issue is how much are we impacting it, and will enough people care about it before it impacts where they live.

People who argue against climate change mostly fall into three camps. Full denial (dumb), won't impact them in their lifetime (selfish) or other countries don't care why should we.

Let's just hope Vivek isn't Trump level dumb on the topic, where he views daily temperature as a factor of climate change.
He’s a self made Billionaire. He’s the most intelligent candidate.

If the Trump crowd doesn’t show up the Republican candidate isn’t winning. I don’t care if he is annoying. I’d vote for Trump if I cared about who was the funniest.
Then the trump crowd is even dumber than we thought. Beating Biden should be the goal not loyalty to a narcissist who couldn’t give two shits about anyone but himself and the Dems play like a puppet. What’s next for trump? Dems will have him declared insane and put him in a nervous hospital? They are just toying with that man at this point

What year are we dying? Pick one so I can come back and make fun of you.

Create an impossible question and then say you are right when no one can predict the future.

Doesn't mean climate change isn't real nor that there isn't any negative effects to said climate change.

Polar ice caps melting, glaciers getting smaller, storms more violent...but yea, some still think climate change isn't real because their propaganda tells them so...all those scientists are just liars.

Create an impossible question and then say you are right when no one can predict the future.

Doesn't mean climate change isn't real nor that there isn't any negative effects to said climate change.

Polar ice caps melting, glaciers getting smaller, storms more violent...but yea, some still think climate change isn't real because their propaganda tells them so...all those scientists are just liars.
The issue isn’t whether we believe in climate change. It’s what can be done about it and who is paying and what contribution to same are other countries making. For many republicans it feels like lefty virtue signaling and a reason to raise taxes. We have reps that don’t even know what day today is, and agencies that who knows their competence. After Covid and supply chain shit and on and on we shouldn’t be very confident. Add in the question as to what other polluting countries are goi g to contribute and it’s a complicated issue. The US isn’t under a dome. I want to give this gov less money. Not more.

Reactions: BadWakeboarder
The issue isn’t whether we believe in climate change. It’s what can be done about it and who is paying and what contribution to same are other countries making. For many republicans it feels like lefty virtue signaling and a reason to raise taxes. We have reps that don’t even know what day today is, and agencies that who knows their competence. After Covid and supply chain shit and on and on we shouldn’t be very confident. Add in the question as to what other polluting countries are goi g to contribute and it’s a complicated issue. The US isn’t under a dome. I want to give this gov less money. Not more.
My issue is you have a serious problem in your party if this is the level that candidates need to appeal to.

My issue is you have a serious problem in your party if this is the level that candidates need to appeal to.
i don't think there's much confidence in gov at this time. confidence to solve, or even ameliorate, major issues. add that climate remediation isn't something we can control on our own and it's a losing issue for many americans. jmo. People are just trying to get by

Last edited:
Intelligence comes in many forms. He’s over the top and pandering isn’t a good move. He needs to tone it down and be more likable. He’s obviously incredibly bright in business etc.
He is definitely pandering. He released a book less than a year ago that basically contradicts everything he is saying today.

He is definitely pandering. He released a book less than a year ago that basically contradicts everything he is saying today.
i think our republican party is in really bad shape. or at least worse shape then the dem party, even with dumb and dumber as president and vp. look at the vapid progressives. we know what they did to inflation. we know how badly their policies fail in blue cities all over america. mod dems are sick of their stupid shit. the republicans are worse because if you remove the negative connotation attendant to trump and look at his policies and positions it appeals to so many repubs. like myself. they are valid positions. may prove shitty after implementation. but we don't know. then you have the other group of repubs. rinos or whatever. trickle down. police the world. i don't like any of that. but it's not crazy. so we have two distinct groups with fundamentally different beliefs that can't be easily discarded. makes for an election nightmare.

Reactions: dr.jb
The primary is long over and yes the Republican Party is screwed post Trump unless they change course drastically. They won't though.

Intelligence comes in many forms. He’s over the top and pandering isn’t a good move. He needs to tone it down and be more likable. He’s obviously incredibly bright in business etc.
Why? The Democrats are running a brain dead 80 year old who they literally hide away because he struggles with completing sentences. Not to mention Biden has all the legal/Hunter issues and he hasn't accomplished a damn thing in the real world, ever. Why does Biden get a pass, but Republicans have to be intelligent, charming and etc,? Any independent who votes for Biden over Vivek (or DeSantis) isn't an independent, they're a Democrat.

• Haha
Reactions: Bowlmania
Why? The Democrats are running a brain dead 80 year old who they literally hide away because he struggles with completing sentences. Not to mention Biden has all the legal/Hunter issues and he hasn't accomplished a damn thing in the real world, ever. Why does Biden get a pass, but Republicans have to be intelligent, charming and etc,? Any independent who votes for Biden over Vivek (or DeSantis) isn't an independent, they're a Democrat.
Independents will be turned off by his election stance. It destroys his accomplishments and makes him sound like a conspiracy nut. As for Biden I would never vote for him. But many still would

Ramaswamy is interesting. He certainly isn't lacking in self-confidence. But he has no chance of winning the nomination. I'm sure he understands that as well and is essentially playing to an audience of one - - DJT. He wants to be Trump's running mate.

His public adoration of Trump, though, is hardly a guarantee Trump would pick him as his VP. Ramaswamy's Indian ancestry and Hindu upbringing would be a very hard sell for many in the MAGA crowd and could lessen enthusiasm.

• Haha
Reactions: dbmhoosier
Independents will be turned off by his election stance. It destroys his accomplishments and makes him sound like a conspiracy nut. As for Biden I would never vote for him. But many still would
He's a conspiracy nut because he doesn't want the government spending trillions of dollars on a problem that doesn't exist? That use to make people a conservative.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Vivek is is right, per usual. Best models show that if the U.S. replaced every single carbon based energy source with renewables overnight it MIGHT have a .1 degree affect on global temperature over the next 100 years.

Kneecapping ourselves and creating market inefficiencies in the pursuit of renewables is madness and makes people poorer.

Converting to renewable energy creates jobs (opposite of making people poorer), improves air quality via reduced pollution and thus improves the health of those people that would otherwise be breathing in said pollution, which would then lead to reduced healthcare costs.

But yea, absolutely no benefit if people are wrong about how much humans are responsible for global warming (sarcasm).

He's a conspiracy nut because he doesn't want the government spending trillions of dollars on a problem that doesn't exist? That use to make people a conservative.
Did you read my post? I wrote election stance referring to pence and Jan 6. Sorry if I wasn’t clear

Ramaswamy is interesting. He certainly isn't lacking in self-confidence. But he has no chance of winning the nomination. I'm sure he understands that as well and is essentially playing to an audience of one - - DJT. He wants to be Trump's running mate.

His public adoration of Trump, though, is hardly a guarantee Trump would pick him as his VP. Ramaswamy's Indian ancestry and Hindu upbringing would be a very hard sell for many in the MAGA crowd and could lessen enthusiasm.
Self made Billionaires don’t run for VP. Your bigotry toward the “MAGA Crowd” is noted for the 122nd time.

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory
He's about as smart and as rich as most Kardashians
oh hickory agrees with you. birds of a feather. the guy has a biology degree from harvard and a law degree from yale. he started a pharm company in his 20s and is a self made billionaire. but the truth is that he hates woke and as a cult member you can only respond as you did

Are you trying to see how many dumb posts you can make before noon. Ever read the guy’s cv?

oh hickory agrees with you. birds of a feather. the guy has a biology degree from harvard and a law degree from yale. he started a pharm company in his 20s and is a self made billionaire. but the truth is that he hates woke and as a cult member you can only respond as you did
Well Trump is a self-made multi-billionaire with a degree from Wharton.

• Haha
Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
Well Trump is a self-made multi-billionaire with a degree from Wharton.
Stop. that's as dumb as shitter. he inherited north of 400 million and went into the same business his pop was in. that's like being born a thumbnail from home plate and claiming he made a homerun

Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
Stop. that's as dumb as shitter. he inherited north of 400 million and went into the same business his pop was in. that's like being born a thumbnail from home plate and claiming he made a homerun
I also love how Wharton became such a resume topper among the sycophants. You think dbm ever typed the word "Wharton" before Trump?

I also love how Wharton became such a resume topper among the sycophants. You think dbm ever typed the word "Wharton" before Trump?
And who knows what influence his pop had on that. The one thing you have to credit trump for is that he is one hell of a marketer. Other than that he won the genetic lottery

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT