ADVERTISEMENT

The calm before the storm

zeke4ahs

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 26, 2003
WTH? I think Trump is trying to keep all of us on high anxiety 24/7. In case you haven't heard the story, Trump has a meeting with military leaders. Afterwards, during photo op, Trump says This is the calm before the storm. When asked what he means, he gets this weird smile on his face and says, "You'll see." Later added that he had the greatest military minds in the world in the room. Again....undoubtedly a moron.

WTH? I think Trump is trying to keep all of us on high anxiety 24/7. In case you haven't heard the story, Trump has a meeting with military leaders. Afterwards, during photo op, Trump says This is the calm before the storm. When asked what he means, he gets this weird smile on his face and says, "You'll see." Later added that he had the greatest military minds in the world in the room. Again....undoubtedly a moron.
From Reagan to GWB, I've listened to lefties talk about how scared they are about those Republican Presidents. I laughed at that because it was pretty much emotional partisan BS. However, we actually have a President, elected as a Republican (unfortunately and embarrassingly), that is scary. What he says is mostly not Presidential, diplomatic, or helpful.

He's treating the presidency like it's a tv show. Not surprising and very scary.

He has evolved into using the office of the POTUS as though he is some emotional puppet-master -- purely for his entertainment like from some Stephen King character.
He really is the I DGOFF president and his clown fans love it simply because they too see him as some TV character.

I've been saying for months that Trump will start a war with Iran. For a political distraction? For amusement? Because he is insane?

You have an cadre of blood thirsty individuals, such as Haley, Cotton, Chao who are foaming at the mouth. The latter 2 support the MEK, as a "Democratic opposition". This is a cult with 0 popular support in Iran. Benjamin Netanyahu is more popular on the streets of Tehran than the MEK. The American government has never understood the internal dynamics (culture, social, and historical dimensions); we are complete ignorami. An imposed regime change would rally the streets like no other. Iranian nationalism is stronger than any religious component.

You have to remember he’s a loud mouthed idiot who rarely makes any sense. It’s no surprise a certain party put him in office. That passes as leadership to them.

You have to remember he’s a loud mouthed idiot who rarely makes any sense. It’s no surprise a certain party put him in office. That passes as leadership to them.

True, this imbecile thinks everything is a TV show he is putting on for the blockheads who form his base of support.

True, this imbecile thinks everything is a TV show he is putting on for the blockheads who form his base of support.
He's getting tremendous ratings. Have you seen his ratings?? They're terrific, maybe even the highest ever. Really, they're great.

Reactions: twenty02
Trump wants his staff to portray him as crazy so he can get bigly deals

https://www.axios.com/inside-trumps-crazy-train-2491643924.html

Axios said:
In an Oval Office meeting in early September, President Trump gave his top trade negotiator, Robert Lighthizer, an Art of the Deal-style coaching session on how to negotiate with the South Koreans.

Trump's impromptu coaching came in the middle of a pivotal conversation with top officials about whether or not to withdraw from the U.S.-Korean trade deal. Sources familiar with the conversation recounted the exchange for Axios, and the White House did not dispute this account.

A number of senior officials and cabinet secretaries were present for the conversation, including Defense Secretary Mattis, Agriculture Secretary Perdue, and Secretary of State Tillerson. At issue was whether the U.S. would withdraw from the Korean trade deal — an action Trump threatened but still hasn't done.

"You've got 30 days, and if you don't get concessions then I'm pulling out," Trump told Lighthizer.

"Ok, well I'll tell the Koreans they've got 30 days," Lighthizer replied.

"No, no, no," Trump interjected. "That's not how you negotiate. You don't tell them they've got 30 days. You tell them, 'This guy's so crazy he could pull out any minute.'"

"That's what you tell them: Any minute," Trump continued. "And by the way, I might. You guys all need to know I might. You don't tell them 30 days. If they take 30 days they'll stretch this out."

"You tell them if they don't give the concessions now, this crazy guy will pull out of the deal."

He has evolved into using the office of the POTUS as though he is some emotional puppet-master -- purely for his entertainment like from some Stephen King character.

Like this?

cqz7qeyucaavvek-small.png

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT