ADVERTISEMENT

The Bird is Free

He's already sent a letter to advertisers saying he will not allow it to become a "free for all hellscape". So squaring that circle with his unfettered free speech isn't going to be easy.

Unless Twitter starts charging users, advertiser desires will dominate. If they start charging users my guess is a lot of people will leave.
And if Twitter becomes a cesspool, it will go the way of Truth (LOL) Social, which will be out of business very soon.

Serious people don’t want to post alongside 100 DANCs, 1,000 Russian bots, and the million or so QAnoners.

That would be my question -- why is the administration talking about this stuff at all with them?

Because like all administrations it’s full of incompetence and corruption.

Let me add that I strongly suspect* you are suspicious that I am going to easy on them for partisan reasons, and that I am suspicious that you are jumping to conclusions for the same. But that's okay. This is how partisans can reasonably disagree while still finding some common ground. We don't have to always be 100% on the opposite side of everything that ever comes up. That leads to better discussions.

* I mean that in the sense that you and I are both human and are likely to suffer the same biases as all other humans.

Mark asked the best question. FWIW, I’ve met Slavitt. He’s undoubtedly a very smart guy, but if that isn’t an example of bordering corruption, I don’t know what is.

he launched a very prominent VC fund for HC companies and he’s actively using his political connections and influence to change reimbursement for the companies he invests in.

nothing he is doing is likely illegal, but it doesn’t sit well with some people in the industry.

The Democrats won’t be able to censor free speech at Twitter anymore.

The 2020 election might have been different if Musk had owned Twitter. There wouldn’t have been censorship of Republican free speech.

Now Musk will deal with the Democrat weaponization of the DOJ and FBI.

You really should see The Main Board. God what a cesspool. I really need to stop going there. Maybe next week. Or definitely the one after that.
15- 20 yrs. ago the MB was fing hilarious. Pure gold. Remember the lsu guy that created all the gifs. Thats guy was a legend. Anyone ever visit tiger droppings?

And if Twitter becomes a cesspool, it will go the way of Truth (LOL) Social, which will be out of business very soon.

Serious people don’t want to post alongside 100 DANCs, 1,000 Russian bots, and the million or so QAnoners.
Becomes? Lol

Reactions: Lucy01
Smerconish had a guest on this morning with some interesting points. Less than 1% of Tweets are political. Conservative Tweets are interacted with more than liberal, so any perceived attack that it is impossible for conservatives to be on Twitter is clearly wrong, and 4Chan allows total free speech and is virtually unused. People have voted with their feet to want moderation.

Smerconish had a guest on this morning with some interesting points. Less than 1% of Tweets are political. Conservative Tweets are interacted with more than liberal, so any perceived attack that it is impossible for conservatives to be on Twitter is clearly wrong, and 4Chan allows total free speech and is virtually unused. People have voted with their feet to want moderation.
4Chan is a competitor to Twitter? Isn't that a message board like this?

You like this Smerconish? Never heard of him. Looks like something I would like though.

You like this Smerconish? Never heard of him. Looks like something I would like though.
I do like Smerconish, he is pretty independent of both parties though he was an aid for a Republican. As far as "fair and balanced", he is the best I have seen. I assume he still has his show on Sirius/XM POTUS channel, that is where I started listening to him. But I have not listened to POTUS since Tim Farley retired because he was the best of the best.

Reactions: Morrison

Musk responded to the claim, visible to his 112 million followers, a false claim that there might be more to the story linking to a conspiracy website that claimed the attack never happened and Pelosi was just drunk again. He has since deleted the tweet after hours of online messages and responses.​
In 2016 the same website also published a story saying that Hillary Clinton had died and a body double was running in her place.

Musk responded to the claim, visible to his 112 million followers, a false claim that there might be more to the story linking to a conspiracy website that claimed the attack never happened and Pelosi was just drunk again. He has since deleted the tweet after hours of online messages and responses.​
In 2016 the same website also published a story saying that Hillary Clinton had died and a body double was running in her place.
Why do you say it’s a false claim?

Reactions: Crayfish57

Yes, Twitter seems to be in such good hands. Musk will allow it to become a cesspool to make money. I read last night that use of the N word is up 500% in the short time Musk had taken over. SMH.

Yes, Twitter seems to be in such good hands. Musk will allow it to become a cesspool to make money. I read last night that use of the N word is up 500% in the short time Musk had taken over. SMH.

Evidently the bomb throwers are going full tilt, seeing how far they can take it down the sewer.

Reactions: Morrison
Maybe they can ruin the platform and all like it.

Good.
Musk is SAVAGE!!! Firing everybody. Making people sleep in their office. Told AOC "thanks for the feedback, now pay your $8"! Power to the people. $8 and you too can have a blue check. I need him to buy the gram!! Blue check process over there is a black hole. And I reported stay at home pete and have heard nothing. Musk would block his ass permanently

Reactions: anon_6hv78pr714xta
Musk is SAVAGE!!! Firing everybody. Making people sleep in their office. Told AOC "thanks for the feedback, now pay your $8"! Power to the people. $8 and you too can have a blue check. I need him to buy the gram!! Blue check process over there is a black hole. And I reported stay at home pete and have heard nothing. Musk would block his ass permanently

Why do you hate free speech?

Elon whining about losing advertising today. Maybe not be an a$$ and spread conspiracy theories?

I get canning the executive team, but firing the entire staff? That seems like a huge jerk flex as opposed to any type of rationale leadership.

I get canning the executive team, but firing the entire staff? That seems like a huge jerk flex as opposed to any type of rationale leadership.
i think he's a mean fukker. was bullied probably. mean nerd. they are the scariest of all

Reactions: larsIU
He's going to build a culture and didn't like the previous one, is my guess.

He's going to build a culture and didn't like the previous one, is my guess.
Sure, but most of the time the new boss pays retainage bonuses to old employees to help aid in the transition. I can’t believe all 7,500 employees were bad at their job. He could have learned a few things about how the company works from some of them, right?

Sure, but most of the time the new boss pays retainage bonuses to old employees to help aid in the transition. I can’t believe all 7,500 employees were bad at their job. He could have learned a few things about how the company works from some of them, right?
Sure. I'm not keeping up with the story. Did he fire everyone?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT