ADVERTISEMENT

Spokane NAACP President identifies as black, even though she's white

MillerTime

Hall of Famer
Aug 28, 2003
39°10,- 86°31
635700500386194888-AP-NAACP-Leader-Racial-Questions.jpg

Should she have to step down from her position? (she is resigning, BTW)

Should people be allowed to claim whatever race they want?

Is it any different from Bruce Jenner changing her gender?

Reactions: C-$
You're doing it wrong.

This thread is worthless unless done with a side-by-side:

2b80592.jpg
Rachel-young.jpg

Now (left) and High School (right)

So it's not like she's got some black somewhere in her - the only way she could be whiter is if she was ginger and born inside an Abercrombie & Fitch

And she sued a college because they discriminated against her for being WHITE.... yeah she is a whack job.

So in a world where an Olympic gold medal winning dude says he identifies as a female, why would anyone be surprised that people might identify as a different race? From my understanding her parents adopted 4 black children, and so at least for a period of time she was raised with black family members and she's married to a black guy. Could make for an interesting lawsuit: racial discrimination, sexual discrimination, reverse discrimination... this might have something for everyone!

So in a world where an Olympic gold medal winning dude says he identifies as a female, why would anyone be surprised that people might identify as a different race? From my understanding her parents adopted 4 black children, and so at least for a period of time she was raised with black family members and she's married to a black guy. Could make for an interesting lawsuit: racial discrimination, sexual discrimination, reverse discrimination... this might have something for everyone!
In a world where some douchebag, in a family of douchebags, was made fun of, for having a stretched face from too many plastic surgeries, while his gross butted step-children were letting rappers piss on them to garner fame and attention, and was called a transvestite on the internet because he looked like one, suddenly becomes one.

Yea, that's how reality (TV) works..

Last edited:
Reactions: C-$ and IUhottie
What I have learned from this whole thing is that not every aspect of your identity is up to you. Apparently, it's entirely up to you to determine (or discover) your own gender, sexual, and perhaps even ethnic identity. But when it comes to racial identity, that's assigned to you based on whatever set of rules a particular culture has in place.

Why does any of this garner any attention? Why the hell is what happens at some small NAACP chapter national news?? Who gives a fark?

Why is there no coverage of what just occurred in South Africa? A war criminal fleeing a judges order.

What I have learned from this whole thing is that not every aspect of your identity is up to you. Apparently, it's entirely up to you to determine (or discover) your own gender, sexual, and perhaps even ethnic identity. But when it comes to racial identity, that's assigned to you based on whatever set of rules a particular culture has in place.

Agreed.

Examples - when in Japan and Korea I was perceived as white. When I first moved back to the US I was perceived to be German by children of German ancestry. Now I'm perceived to be Mexican. I've been perceived to be Mexican for so long that I actually get offended by Mexican jokes (not really) ....

My conclusion. People, in general, are without any doubt, dumb.

Why does any of this garner any attention? Why the hell is what happens at some small NAACP chapter national news?? Who gives a fark?

Why is there no coverage of what just occurred in South Africa? A war criminal fleeing a judges order.
Really? at least it's not another damn diatribe about deflated footballs.

Also, people, in general, and without any doubt, are, dumb.

All of it is Bullshit. I usually watch the BBC or NHK when I want real news. I really like NHK, they have some interesting programs.

Btw, who the hell would visit someone in prison who just plotted to kill you? I would say sayonara faster than i can sneeze.Sickies.

In a world where some douchebag, in a family of douchebags, was made fun of, for having a stretched face from too many plastic surgeries, while his gross butted step-children were letting rappers piss on them to garner fame and attention, and was called a transvestite on the internet because he looked like one, suddenly becomes one.

Yea, that's how reality (TV) works..
Here I thought you were talking about C-$...then you mentioned children.

Agreed.

Examples - when in Japan and Korea I was perceived as white. When I first moved back to the US I was perceived to be German by children of German ancestry. Now I'm perceived to be Mexican. I've been perceived to be Mexican for so long that I actually get offended by Mexican jokes (not really) ....

Hell...most people around here perceive you to be a dick.

NTTAWWTOC....

Agreed.

You're not Mexican? "quote from Super Troopers".

What we need here is a racial draft. I saw a clip once of a show where they had a racial draft and Tiger Woods was finally drafted by the Black Delegation to be black since his mother is Asian. I tell ya, this woman needs to be drafted since she already identifies with the African American people.

What we need here is a racial draft. I saw a clip once of a show where they had a racial draft and Tiger Woods was finally drafted by the Black Delegation to be black since his mother is Asian. I tell ya, this woman needs to be drafted since she already identifies with the African American people.
tumblr_l80bdghZyO1qz6i6mo1_500.png

Reactions: C-$ and T.M.P.

saltine-cracker-isolated-on-white-thumb20872120.jpeg

You made a really funny, classic Chapell sketch sound extremely lame and dorky. Step up your story telling skills like McNutt.

Once she went black, she can't come back.
Its a rule.

tumblr_m4pj8ocZD41qiuqs9o1_500.gif

I have decided to identify as a multi-billionaire and will sue for the money that is being discriminatorily denied to me.
I know meye rites.

...............I've decided to identify as a multi-billionaire and will sue for the money that is being discriminatorily denied to me.........

Good thing I read this whole thread (for a change, don't usually do that). I was going to post pretty much the same thing. lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT