ADVERTISEMENT

Speaking about clowns...

Circlejoe

All-Big Ten
Sep 26, 2001
Today, I attended a lunch event hosted by the Phoenix East Valley Partnership that featured candidates running for statewide offices. The keynote speaker was Ron Brownstein, Senior Editor of The Atlantic. He was a terrific speaker. He covered recent and current political election cycles with a theme around how our country is both closely and deeply divided. He was asked if he thought Trump will run in 2024 and his answer was yes. In addition, he thought if Trump runs, Biden will most certainly be the democratic candidate. The two candidates running for attorney general took questions from a moderator and then Kari Lake, the Republican candidate for Governor took questions from a moderator. Her Democratic opponent, Katie Hobbs, declined to participate.

Kris Mayes, the Dem running for AG, is clearly a stronger candidate than her opponent, who is young, inexperienced, and a huge Trumper. He's getting a lot of heat right now as reporters look into his past. The Democrats will likely win AG, Secretary of State, and US Senate races. The current Democrat holding the Arizona School Superintendent office is also favored.

Katie Hobbs is slightly favored to win the Governor's race, but her decision to not debate her opponent is hurting her. I wish she had decided to participate today, as the audience would have been supportive and it was not a debate format.

This election in Arizona will be telling in how 2024 turns out. The full slate of Republicans is Trump-supported. All support the big lie. If the Republicans lose the statewide races, Arizona will have changed from Republican to Democrat in Governor, both US Senators, AG, and County Sherriff (remember Sherriff Joe?) in eight years.

Today, I attended a lunch event hosted by the Phoenix East Valley Partnership that featured candidates running for statewide offices. The keynote speaker was Ron Brownstein, Senior Editor of The Atlantic. He was a terrific speaker. He covered recent and current political election cycles with a theme around how our country is both closely and deeply divided. He was asked if he thought Trump will run in 2024 and his answer was yes. In addition, he thought if Trump runs, Biden will most certainly be the democratic candidate. The two candidates running for attorney general took questions from a moderator and then Kari Lake, the Republican candidate for Governor took questions from a moderator. Her Democratic opponent, Katie Hobbs, declined to participate.

Kris Mayes, the Dem running for AG, is clearly a stronger candidate than her opponent, who is young, inexperienced, and a huge Trumper. He's getting a lot of heat right now as reporters look into his past. The Democrats will likely win AG, Secretary of State, and US Senate races. The current Democrat holding the Arizona School Superintendent office is also favored.

Katie Hobbs is slightly favored to win the Governor's race, but her decision to not debate her opponent is hurting her. I wish she had decided to participate today, as the audience would have been supportive and it was not a debate format.

This election in Arizona will be telling in how 2024 turns out. The full slate of Republicans is Trump-supported. All support the big lie. If the Republicans lose the statewide races, Arizona will have changed from Republican to Democrat in Governor, both US Senators, AG, and County Sherriff (remember Sherriff Joe?) in eight years.
I know Hobbs has refused to debate, and I really don't understand her reasoning. Lake is a wacko liar and even accused her GOP Primary opponent of trying to steal the vote, until she actually won and then mysteriously shut up. So maybe Hobbs is trying to avoid that- I don't really know...

But this article from the AZ Republic caught my eye today. Apparently State GOP Chairwoman Kelli Ward (not the sharpest tool in any shed, herself) is feeling the heat over the impending doom of these clowns and the fear that she'll be held responsible. So she publicly begged Mitch to send $$ to Masters, possibly to try and deflect blame for his loss on Mitch for not bankrolling his impending debacle...

Anyway the Republic article asks the salient question of why didn't they ask TRUMP for the $$ ? After all he is the ringmaster for this 4 ring circus of clowns, and to date he has only provided about $5,000 to the Masters campaign. Course the reason is basically two-fold, A. Trump is selfish and B he certainly isn't inclined to waste money, unless it's for his personal expenses.

Reactions: Circlejoe

I'd be reluctant to "debate" Lake in a normal debate forum too. She'd turn it into a shitshow. Although it's possible that would backfire, as many think it did on Trump when he was so off the rails in his debate with Biden. But yeah, in a forum like you describe, if it was moderated properly and firmly, that might have given Hobbs a chance to show some seriousness to contrast with Lake's crazy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT