ADVERTISEMENT

MAGA v. Taylor Swift

Bowlmania

All-American
Sep 23, 2016
Now they're after her. Seems her first sin was endorsing Biden in 2020 and then, more recently, encouraging fans on Instagram to register to vote! (What the hell is wrong with her?!). There was an immediate surge of 35,000 registrations in response. Next, she's got the audacity to date a pro-vaccine athlete from the woke NFL. Now it's being reported that the Biden campaign is looking for a repeat endorsement from her.

My favorite quote regarding Swift is a comment from a pro-Trump Newsmax guy who believes Swift is the object of "sinful idolatry." Let that marinate for a minute. The guy is pro-Trump and is concerned about someone else being the object of idolatry.

Sinful idolatry - - did anyone say that about Sinatra? Elvis? The Beatles? Yeah, I guess someone probably did.

Highlights from the article below:
  • Pro-Trump broadcaster Mike Crispi: The NFL is "rigged" in order to "spread Democrat propaganda." "Calling it now: KC wins [the AFC championship], goes to Super Bowl, Swift comes out at the halftime show and 'endorses' Joe Biden with Kelce at midfield."
  • Ramaswamy: "I wonder who's going to win the Super Bowl next month, and I wonder if there's a major presidential endorsement coming from an artifically culturally propped-up couple this fall."
  • Other Swift detractors: Alina Habba, conspiracy theorist Jack Posobiec and MAGA stars Laura Loomer and Charlie Kirk.
The NFL playoffs' TV ratings (and not just the Chiefs games, btw) have been off the charts this year. Chiefs/Ravens averaged 56 million viewers, the most-watched AFC Championship game ever. Sounds like there's a fanbase of a certain orange-complected celebrity that's very concerned about someone else's enormous popularity - - and influence.

I'm as sick of Swift and Kelce as the next guy, but this is horseshit. People need to get a life. If Swift endorses Biden, that's her right, and so fvcking what? I'm sure Trump will be able to snag some key endorsements - - - maybe Scott Baio, Kid Rock and Jon Voight.

Now they're after her. Seems her first sin was endorsing Biden in 2020 and then, more recently, encouraging fans on Instagram to register to vote! (What the hell is wrong with her?!). There was an immediate surge of 35,000 registrations in response. Next, she's got the audacity to date a pro-vaccine athlete from the woke NFL. Now it's being reported that the Biden campaign is looking for a repeat endorsement from her.

My favorite quote regarding Swift is a comment from a pro-Trump Newsmax guy who believes Swift is the object of "sinful idolatry." Let that marinate for a minute. The guy is pro-Trump and is concerned about someone else being the object of idolatry.

Sinful idolatry - - did anyone say that about Sinatra? Elvis? The Beatles? Yeah, I guess someone probably did.

• Pro-Trump broadcaster Mike Crispi: The NFL is "rigged" in order to "spread Democrat propaganda." "Calling it now: KC wins [the AFC championship], goes to Super Bowl, Swift comes out at the halftime show and 'endorses' Joe Biden with Kelce at midfield."
  • Ramaswamy: "I wonder who's going to win the Super Bowl next month, and I wonder if there's a major presidential endorsement coming from an artifically culturally propped-up couple this fall."
  • Other Swift detractors: Alina Habba, conspiracy theorist Jack Posobiec and MAGA stars Laura Loomer and Charlie Kirk.
The NFL playoffs' TV ratings (and not just the Chiefs games, btw) have been off the charts this year. Chiefs/Ravens averaged 56 million viewers, the most-watched AFC Championship game ever. Sounds like there's a fanbase of a certain orange-complected celebrity that's very concerned about someone else's enormous popularity - - and influence.

I'm as sick of Swift and Kelce as the next guy, but this is horseshit. People need to get a life. If Swift endorses Biden, that's her right, and so fvcking what? I'm sure Trump will be able to snag some key endorsements - - - maybe Scott Baio, Kid Rock and Jon Voight.

Nobody bigger than Elvis Pressley. Did he ever endorse a political candidate? My question with these stars who desire to tell us their political stance is what makes them worthy of endorsing any candidate? What qualifications does Taylor Swift have? If Chuck Norris who is a conservative came out and endorsed a candidate I would ask the same question.

Taylor has bigger problems to worry about, like my daughter if KC doesn't win in a couple weeks.

• Haha
Reactions: larsIU

This just gets more ridiculous every day. The latest theory is that the NFL rigged the playoff game to ensure that the Chiefs get to the Superbowl...

Let's look at this "theory" for a minute,and consider the 4 teams/cities represented in the Conference Championships Baltimoe, San Fran, Detroit and Kansas City. Now which is the outlier?

Baltimore, San Fran, and Detroit are all cities run by Dems, in Blue states full of die hard fans. Kansas City is the only team that comes from a Red state and while Kansas City itself may be somewhat of a liberal bastion the majority of their fanbase thruout both Missouri and Kansas are likely GOP supporters.

So the claim is that the NFL deliberately rigged the playoffs so a Red State team would prevail unfairly over a deeply Blue state team like Baltimore? And you certainly didn't see this sort of outrage when Joe Rogan lied to all of his listeners, attributed Trump's wacky actions to Biden, and never did anything to actually clarify his statement. They were fine with that...

They also practiucally jizzed themselves over the rush to claim that "The Rock" had endorsed Trump, even though his comments basically consisted of complimenting Trump over how well he is received when he enters a UFC arena. And not just Rock but Snoop too. Suddenly not coming out and saying you despise Trump has morphed into endorsing him and urging everyone to vote for him. Jesse Waters sure made that leap...

Nobody bigger than Elvis Pressley. Did he ever endorse a political candidate? My question with these stars who desire to tell us their political stance is what makes them worthy of endorsing any candidate? What qualifications does Taylor Swift have? If Chuck Norris who is a conservative came out and endorsed a candidate I would ask the same question.
Have you forgotten Clint Eastwood's chair at the RNC? And why do you think a TS endorsement would be any less credible than someone like Ted Cruz, or that ridiculously embarrassing spectacle Tim Scott made of himself on the stage with Trump in NH?

I'm pretty sure Chuck Norris has endorsed his share of political candidates over the years...People like Ted Cruz, or pedo Roy Moore...

Now please do a little research before you post and make yourself look foolish...

Same qualifications you and I have. The freedom to do so or not.

Reactions: stollcpa and T.M.P.
Have you forgotten Clint Eastwood's chair at the RNC? And why do you think a TS endorsement would be any less credible than someone like Ted Cruz, or that ridiculously embarrassing spectacle Tim Scott made of himself on the stage with Trump in NH?

I'm pretty sure Chuck Norris has endorsed his share of political candidates over the years...People like Ted Cruz, or pedo Roy Moore...

Now please do a little research before you post and make yourself look foolish...
It’s ok for conservative celebrities , just not liberal. You know the rule. They not only like theirs, they actually elect them to office. Trump, Reagan, Eastwood, Sonny, Fred Thompson off top of head. But heaven forbid a liberal endorse someone

Any lib celebrity, CANCEL right now, just add another log to the fire

-no Disney
-no Bud Light
-no Target
-no NBA
-no NFL cause somebody once kneeled
-no NYT
-no CNN
-no MSNBC

and so it goes

Trumpish cancel culture thrives.

Reactions: BCCHoosier
They are simpletons. And if someone from the left said the same about Eastwood or snoop or whomever they would be simpletons too.

Bullsh!t.
Don't recall you pissing your pants when RMK appeared with/endorsed Trump.

Nobody bigger than Elvis Pressley. Did he ever endorse a political candidate?
I don't know if there was an official "endorsement," but Elvis was a big fan of Nixon, paid a visit to the White House, and publicly supported him.

My question with these stars who desire to tell us their political stance is what makes them worthy of endorsing any candidate?
What makes you "worthy?" You have the right to put a "Trump 2024" sign on your front lawn and tell everyone you know that you support Trump (although you can't do that from the pulpit, assuming you're an active pastor). She has that same right. She doesn't and shouldn't have to mute herself about politics or anything else because she's rich, famous and has a much higher profile than you.

You have the right to put a "Trump 2024" sign on your front lawn and tell everyone you know that you support Trump (although you can't do that from the pulpit, assuming you're an active pastor). She has that same right. She doesn't and shouldn't have to mute herself about politics or anything else because she's rich, famous and has a much higher profile than you.
Are we sure about that?

I don't know if there was an official "endorsement," but Elvis was a big fan of Nixon, paid a visit to the White House, and publicly supported him.

What makes you "worthy?" You have the right to put a "Trump 2024" sign on your front lawn and tell everyone you know that you support Trump (although you can't do that from the pulpit, assuming you're an active pastor). She has that same right. She doesn't and shouldn't have to mute herself about politics or anything else because she's rich, famous and has a much higher profile than you.
Elvis was Nixon's honorary Agent in the Narcotics bureau. Elvis actually asked for/requested this. Which is odd, knowing that Elvis himself was a drug addict.

Elvis was Nixon's honorary Agent in the Narcotics bureau. Elvis actually asked for/requested this. Which is odd, knowing that Elvis himself was a drug addict.
I've read Elvis viewed his own drug use very differently as he was hooked on prescription meds, not street drugs. But, yeah, an addict's an addict.

I'm not sure he's a pastor. But, if he is, he'd jeopardize his 501(c)(3) status if he's endorsing a candidate in his sermons.
I have been told he is a pastor.

I'm sure you are aware of the phrase, "How to say you are (insert characteristic here) without saying you are (insert same characteristic here).

I'm not sure he's a pastor. But, if he is, he'd jeopardize his 501(c)(3) status if he's endorsing a candidate in his sermons.
My sister's pastor tells her who to vote for, what vaccines to take or not take, and is probably adding some anti Taylor Swift rhetoric to his Sunday sermons.

Reactions: UncleMark
About Chuck Norris...

And Elvis:

Indelible-Nixon-Elvis-631.jpg

My question with these stars who desire to tell us their political stance is what makes them worthy of endorsing any candidate? What qualifications does Taylor Swift have?
The exact same ones you have and that she's far more intelligent, doesn't have a worm ridden brain, and isn't a noted hypocrite.

Thanks for playing ..

Last edited:
Maybe this is because I’m in the 18% that isn’t going to vote if it’s Trump-Biden, but WGAFF???

Everyone is worthy of having a political opinion.

The better question would be does it make good business sense to make it public?

I doubt Taylor swift is worried about not selling out her concerts.

Your question is the wrong question.

You should be asking yourself why you're posing your question right now in the context of Taylor Swift and not, absolutely not, never, in the context of some past political position taken by celebrity rightwingers like Schwarzenegger or James Wood or Chuck Norris or Clint Eastwood. Rightwing celebrities are numerous and express themselves about political matters all the time, apparently with no objection from you.

The rest of us know why you do this.

You don't truly want to ask "what makes them worthy of endorsing any candidate" following a political comment by a Rightwinger -- if you really cared about that question you would have already have asked it when some other Rightwing celebrity expressed an endorsement previously. Did you? (Please show us.)

That's too optimistic.

I wouldn't be surprised if VPM has already supported Trump from his pulpit once or twice. A pastor is just as big a politician as a politician.

That's too optimistic.

I wouldn't be surprised if VPM has already supported Trump from his pulpit once or twice. A pastor is just as big a politician as a politician.
You should try and get his personal info and report him to the irs and god

#weasel

• Love
Reactions: jet812
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT