ADVERTISEMENT

MAGA v. Taylor Swift

That's too optimistic.

I wouldn't be surprised if VPM has already supported Trump from his pulpit once or twice. A pastor is just as big a politician as a politician.
I think you're painting with too broad a brush. Plenty of good pastors out there who are committed to preaching the gospel and providing meaningful support for their congregants/parishioners. But you may be right about Van. 90% of his posts are hyper-partisan, and I've yet to read something from him that's inspirational or spiritually uplifting. I think it's 50-50 as to whether he's actually an ordained minister/pastor.

On a different note, I see you've been on the receiving end of another poster's vitriol the past couple of days. Several others (myself included) have taken similar shots from him (not sure why he's given so much leeway) and you just have to shake your head and laugh. My favorite is when he calls other posters "creepy" - - this coming from a guy who posts repeatedly about his dick size, Pete Buttigieg and a reality show that targets 25-54 year-old women. Bizarro.

I think you're painting with too broad a brush. Plenty of good pastors out there who are committed to preaching the gospel and providing meaningful support for their congregants/parishioners. But you may be right about Van. 90% of his posts are hyper-partisan, and I've yet to read something from him that's inspirational or spiritually uplifting. I think it's 50-50 as to whether he's actually an ordained minister/pastor.

On a different note, I see you've been on the receiving end of another poster's vitriol the past couple of days. Several others (myself included) have taken similar shots from him (not sure why he's given so much leeway) and you just have to shake your head and laugh. My favorite is when he calls other posters "creepy" - - this coming from a guy who posts repeatedly about his dick size, Pete Buttigieg and a reality show that targets 25-54 year-old women. Bizarro.
He studied at the Moody Bible Institute.

Now they're after her. Seems her first sin was endorsing Biden in 2020 and then, more recently, encouraging fans on Instagram to register to vote! (What the hell is wrong with her?!). There was an immediate surge of 35,000 registrations in response. Next, she's got the audacity to date a pro-vaccine athlete from the woke NFL. Now it's being reported that the Biden campaign is looking for a repeat endorsement from her.

My favorite quote regarding Swift is a comment from a pro-Trump Newsmax guy who believes Swift is the object of "sinful idolatry." Let that marinate for a minute. The guy is pro-Trump and is concerned about someone else being the object of idolatry.

Sinful idolatry - - did anyone say that about Sinatra? Elvis? The Beatles? Yeah, I guess someone probably did.

Highlights from the article below:
  • Pro-Trump broadcaster Mike Crispi: The NFL is "rigged" in order to "spread Democrat propaganda." "Calling it now: KC wins [the AFC championship], goes to Super Bowl, Swift comes out at the halftime show and 'endorses' Joe Biden with Kelce at midfield."
  • Ramaswamy: "I wonder who's going to win the Super Bowl next month, and I wonder if there's a major presidential endorsement coming from an artifically culturally propped-up couple this fall."
  • Other Swift detractors: Alina Habba, conspiracy theorist Jack Posobiec and MAGA stars Laura Loomer and Charlie Kirk.
The NFL playoffs' TV ratings (and not just the Chiefs games, btw) have been off the charts this year. Chiefs/Ravens averaged 56 million viewers, the most-watched AFC Championship game ever. Sounds like there's a fanbase of a certain orange-complected celebrity that's very concerned about someone else's enormous popularity - - and influence.

I'm as sick of Swift and Kelce as the next guy, but this is horseshit. People need to get a life. If Swift endorses Biden, that's her right, and so fvcking what? I'm sure Trump will be able to snag some key endorsements - - - maybe Scott Baio, Kid Rock and Jon Voight.

Yeah, that’s all really dumb.

Nothing is worse than a weasel

And sure. #anyonebutbiden

He's been through a lot in recent weeks -- child health, divorce etc. He goes up and down, patient-impatient, reasonable-unreasonable etc. He made a lot of sense in a post earlier today.

He's been through a lot in recent weeks -- child health, divorce etc. He goes up and down, patient-impatient, reasonable-unreasonable etc. He made a lot of sense in a post earlier today.
I’m always the same and know infinitely more about the topics we discuss on this board than you. Never mistake my disdain for you and a few others as reflective of my mood. You’ll notice I’m usually laughing with another poster simultaneously as I’m bitching at you. Often Dems. Zeke. Mark. Others.

It’s not me. It’s you.

I’m always the same and know infinitely more about the topics we discuss on this board than you. Never mistake my disdain for you and a few others as reflective of my mood. You’ll notice I’m usually laughing with another poster simultaneously as I’m bitching at you. Often Dems. Zeke. Mark. Others.

It’s not me. It’s you.
Still looking for a good mirror?

I'm not a big Cowherd fan, but this take is SPOT ON.

I think his conclusion but I don’t think he has their motives right. I think for many it has nothing to do with Taylor being a girl and everything to do with her supporting Biden in 2020 and fear that she will support him again.

The crazy moaning and groaning is likely just as much based on politics as it is based on gender.

If Taylor was wearing a MAGA hat to the kc games, then some of these folks would be hooping and hollering about how awesome Taylor is and be asking for more.

Got excited about Hooters trending on Twitter. Just some dipshit on the right complaining about going to Hooters with his boys to watch the game and a woke pop concert breaking out and every deluded swifty on Twitter dog piling him. Such a wasted opportunity.

It’s ok for conservative celebrities , just not liberal. You know the rule. They not only like theirs, they actually elect them to office. Trump, Reagan, Eastwood, Sonny, Fred Thompson off top of head. But heaven forbid a liberal endorse someone
It’s ok to nominate and elect a celebrity, you just can’t have celebrities endorsing people. Everyone knows this.

I can’t take someone being an ordained minister seriously. Wasn’t it in the 50s a four year old was an ordained minister? Since then haven’t several children been ordained ministers of various churches?

I can’t take someone being an ordained minister seriously. Wasn’t it in the 50s a four year old was an ordained minister? Since then haven’t several children been ordained ministers of various churches?
WTF are you talking about??? LOL

A baby in a full Pope outfit would be pretty hilarious. And if it started doing mass in little baby voice that would be even funnier.
The Princess Bride Marriage GIF

even better than this

• Haha
Reactions: mrhighlife
Friend of mine is an ordained minister and he's an atheist. Does a few weddings per year as a side gig. It doesn't mean shit ..

Reactions: BadWakeboarder
Poor Taylor! I will not be watching the Super Bowl because I’m not interested in commercials and I can’t stand either team, but if I were a player I would be thrilled to death that a vast majority of the coverage of quite possibly the biggest game of my career is for two star struck lovers.

Sports is a money game this is an easy money grab so I don’t blame the NFL, but I also don’t blame those who think it is hogwash. The beauty of the thing is they will both be dating someone else this time next year.

The beauty of the thing is they will both be dating someone else this time next year.
And she'll have another song about a bad boyfriend.

Full disclosure: I have no idea what she sings about now, but it seemed like everything at the beginning was all about horrible relationships.

Poor Taylor! I will not be watching the Super Bowl because I’m not interested in commercials and I can’t stand either team, but if I were a player I would be thrilled to death that a vast majority of the coverage of quite possibly the biggest game of my career is for two star struck lovers.

Sports is a money game this is an easy money grab so I don’t blame the NFL, but I also don’t blame those who think it is hogwash. The beauty of the thing is they will both be dating someone else this time next year.
You realize in all games so far, Taylor has been on screen for less than a minute for all but one (which in that instance was less than 2 minutes). The only people making the games about nothing but two star struck lovers are the over-reacting MAGA followers.

Trying You Can Do It GIF by STARCUTOUTSUK

You know what, we might see a couple minutes of Bud Light during the game. STOP MAKING GAMES ABOUT BEER!!!!

Now they're after her. Seems her first sin was endorsing Biden in 2020 and then, more recently, encouraging fans on Instagram to register to vote! (What the hell is wrong with her?!). There was an immediate surge of 35,000 registrations in response. Next, she's got the audacity to date a pro-vaccine athlete from the woke NFL. Now it's being reported that the Biden campaign is looking for a repeat endorsement from her.

My favorite quote regarding Swift is a comment from a pro-Trump Newsmax guy who believes Swift is the object of "sinful idolatry." Let that marinate for a minute. The guy is pro-Trump and is concerned about someone else being the object of idolatry.

Sinful idolatry - - did anyone say that about Sinatra? Elvis? The Beatles? Yeah, I guess someone probably did.

Highlights from the article below:
  • Pro-Trump broadcaster Mike Crispi: The NFL is "rigged" in order to "spread Democrat propaganda." "Calling it now: KC wins [the AFC championship], goes to Super Bowl, Swift comes out at the halftime show and 'endorses' Joe Biden with Kelce at midfield."
  • Ramaswamy: "I wonder who's going to win the Super Bowl next month, and I wonder if there's a major presidential endorsement coming from an artifically culturally propped-up couple this fall."
  • Other Swift detractors: Alina Habba, conspiracy theorist Jack Posobiec and MAGA stars Laura Loomer and Charlie Kirk.
The NFL playoffs' TV ratings (and not just the Chiefs games, btw) have been off the charts this year. Chiefs/Ravens averaged 56 million viewers, the most-watched AFC Championship game ever. Sounds like there's a fanbase of a certain orange-complected celebrity that's very concerned about someone else's enormous popularity - - and influence.

I'm as sick of Swift and Kelce as the next guy, but this is horseshit. People need to get a life. If Swift endorses Biden, that's her right, and so fvcking what? I'm sure Trump will be able to snag some key endorsements - - - maybe Scott Baio, Kid Rock and Jon Voight.

People are incredibly stupid. Conspiracy theorists are the most stupid of stupid people.

The vast majority. Lol. It’s been about 23 seconds in a 3 1/2 hour game. Men are so fragile.

Reactions: outside shooter
The vast majority. Lol. It’s been about 23 seconds in a 3 1/2 hour game. Men are so fragile.
It has not about the game, the hype machine is big and IMO obnoxious. The fact that someone took the time to figure out how long she is on screen is silly. Like I said hit while the iron is hot and the NFL is doing just that, chances are they break up over the summer the same demographic that is tuning in to see the 23 seconds of Taylor will not be ordering the NFL package through whomever next fall.

I'm way more interested in hearing about CMC or other players than constantly hearing about the star crossed lovers. IMO they shouldn't occupy any air time, I didn't see anyone rushing to interview Lamar Jackson's girlfriend prior to the game and he is probably going to be the MVP of the league.

Those who get hung up on the 23 seconds are just not getting what many are seeing. Then throw the MAGA shit in with it and there you have it, triggered right wing men. lol

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory
You realize in all games so far, Taylor has been on screen for less than a minute for all but one (which in that instance was less than 2 minutes). The only people making the games about nothing but two star struck lovers are the over-reacting MAGA followers.

Trying You Can Do It GIF by STARCUTOUTSUK

You know what, we might see a couple minutes of Bud Light during the game. STOP MAKING GAMES ABOUT BEER!!!!
Normally I don't read any of your post nor would I comment back to them, basically because you maybe one of only two or three on this site that post less informative material than myself. But I'm inclined to say you sir cannot see the forest for the trees, and yes they can be the trees on the mountain or the molehill.

• Haha
Normally I don't read any of your post nor would I comment back to them, basically because you maybe one of only two or three on this site that post less informative material than myself. But I'm inclined to say you sir cannot see the forest for the trees, and yes they can be the trees on the mountain or the molehill.
Lol. Typical dumb response that can't refute anything I said so resorts to insults.

It has not about the game, the hype machine is big and IMO obnoxious. The fact that someone took the time to figure out how long she is on screen is silly. Like I said hit while the iron is hot and the NFL is doing just that, chances are they break up over the summer the same demographic that is tuning in to see the 23 seconds of Taylor will not be ordering the NFL package through whomever next fall.

I'm way more interested in hearing about CMC or other players than constantly hearing about the star crossed lovers. IMO they shouldn't occupy any air time, I didn't see anyone rushing to interview Lamar Jackson's girlfriend prior to the game and he is probably going to be the MVP of the league.

Those who get hung up on the 23 seconds are just not getting what many are seeing. Then throw the MAGA shit in with it and there you have it, triggered right wing men. lol
Do your panties come pre-twisted?

Really Karen GIF by MOODMAN

High Quality Reaction GIF

Here is some Taylor for you. Now run away before it wastes any more of your time

Yes. And Mom and Dad sing "Bringing In The $heave$."

Lol. Typical dumb response that can't refute anything I said so resorts to insults.
Refute your opinion which is basically all you have? I didn’t insult you I gave my honest opinion of your content. I did answer zeke a bit more in depth so if you want you can use that post as “refuting” your post, lol

Damn your shit is weak

Do your panties come pre-twisted?

Really Karen GIF by MOODMAN

High Quality Reaction GIF

Here is some Taylor for you. Now run away before it wastes any more of your time
That top meme of Taylor is a good one, damn makeup really helps her out. You have to do better I’m counting on it as I’m a bit bored this evening and need something to do. 😂

I know there are Truthers that believe really moronic stuff. They'd see this fact check and say the fact check is wrong:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/osama-bin-laden-george-bush/

Deep fakes are going to be insane and cause pure chaos in the future, especially for political campaigns in this environment where we think the worst of each other.

At least with photos Google supposedly can find an origin trail (I haven't done it but I believe you can search an origin of an image) to see if it's been altered with the one in question.

Not sure how to instantly verify an AI image or video that was created. I know it struggles with backgrounds (you can tell it's an AI image because the background gets weird, like a psychedelic pixilation when you zoom in on it) but I gotta think that will be fixed.

Good times.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
If you are bothered by CBS having a camera on Taylor Swift for 20-25 seconds in a game,

Are you equally upset seeing, for more time...

Spike Lee at a Knicks game,
Drake at a Raptors game,
Jack Nicholson at a Lakers game,
Jerry Jones at a Cowboys game,
Robert Kraft at a Patiots game...

And so on.

If not, WHY NOT?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT