ADVERTISEMENT

So tired of this crap that we can't fire a coach for underachieving in 3 yrs ...

I’m telling you all that Pearl is the guy. He would give us a great decade and put us back on the map. It is too obvious to ever happen though given our totally incompetent administration.
I’ve been saying that for the better part of a decade.

Read what I said next time. It's "crazy" to think IU should be fired now or to believe he'll be fired after this season for a couple reasons, but the primary one is that IU would have to continue to pay Miller $3.5 million per year for the next four years. It will NOT happen. Knowing that should help you keep your emotions under control which would be better for your health.

Expectations have not changed. Of course we expect to beat Nebraska today (I think IU can win every remaining game this year, but I expect there to be a few losses), and we still expect to compete for Big Ten and NCAA championships. No one has "accepted mediocrity" and that next person that claims that about anyone on this board (except for the anti-IU trolls that WANT IU mediocrity) is a moron.
IU collects over $60 million PER YEAR from the BTN alone. For doing same as nothing. They could pay that $3.5 million in about 3 weeks of TV money alone. Spare me the it’s too expensive excuse. If we wanted to win we’d spend the money.

IU collects over $60 million PER YEAR from the BTN alone. For doing same as nothing. They could pay that $3.5 million in about 3 weeks of TV money alone. Spare me the it’s too expensive excuse. If we wanted to win we’d spend the money.
Don’t pretend you want IU to win. Your posting history proves you are no IU fan. Take your troll act elsewhere. It has gotten very old.

Reactions: MrBing
Don’t pretend you want IU to win. Your posting history proves you are no IU fan. Take your troll act elsewhere. It has gotten very old.
I most likely had season tickets since before you were born. I saw three national title games in person. Just because you pump sunshine on a message board doesn’t make you some better fan.

Reactions: Zeester
Ohio state getting killed again. Id say they arent very good right now and that win looks much less impressive each day.

I most likely had season tickets since before you were born. I saw three national title games in person. Just because you pump sunshine on a message board doesn’t make you some better fan.
If you are actually a fan, you are the lousiest fan in history. It would be a form of torture to sit with you at a game. Frankly, I think you’re lying. Most of the “facts” you’ve posted are proven false so you’re a proven liar, so your credibility is zero. Your dishonesty and that you never post anything positive about IU or its sports programs (if you have, I’ve missed it) add up to you being nothing more than an anti-IU troll getting some sort of pathetic enjoyment from trolling an IU fan board. Don’t bother responding to me with another lie. It would be best you didn’t respond to me or anyone on this board again.

Edit to add: If you are old enough to have had season tickets since before I was born (and I seriously don’t believe you) you’d be very old. I respect your age, even though your posts deserve no respect.

Reactions: MrBing and Al Bino
That’s absurd. He’s making more than 3x what he did at Dayton. He didn’t have that bargaining power and he wasn’t dictating the terms. Or at least he shouldn’t have been.
No it isn't. He may have. The contract he got, along with his previous publicized declining of other high major offers suggest he had no problem turning down more money to stay at Dayton.

After all, you're the one always blabbering about how all IU has to do wave their BTN money around and get whoever they want. Well, they wanted Miller. That 5 year deal was part of IU doing whatever it takes to get their guy. You know, all the stuff you always complain about IU not doing, when that fits your anti-IU narrative.

Feepaw: IU should just do whatever it takes to get the guy they want! Archie Miller is a homerun hire!

Also Feepaw: IU should never have done that deal to get Miller here! He had no leverage!

Make up your mind, you troll...

If you are actually a fan, you are the lousiest fan in history. It would be a form of torture to sit with you at a game. Frankly, I think you’re lying. Most of the “facts” you’ve posted are proven false so you’re a proven liar, so your credibility is zero. Your dishonesty and that you never post anything positive about IU or its sports programs (if you have, I’ve missed it) add up to you being nothing more than an anti-IU troll getting some sort of pathetic enjoyment from trolling an IU fan board. Don’t bother responding to me with another lie. It would be best you didn’t respond to me or anyone on this board again.
There are different kinds of fans. Some fans don’t care if their team wins or loses, but some fans do. Some people are competitive and some aren’t. I just don’t understand how someone can like sports and not be competitive. To each their own.

No it isn't. He may have. The contract he got, along with his previous publicized declining of other high major offers suggest he had no problem turning down more money to stay at Dayton.

After all, you're the one always blabbering about how all IU has to do wave their BTN money around and get whoever they want. Well, they wanted Miller. That 5 year deal was part of IU doing whatever it takes to get their guy. You know, all the stuff you always complain about IU not doing, when that fits your anti-IU narrative.

Feepaw: IU should just do whatever it takes to get the guy they want! Archie Miller is a homerun hire!

Also Feepaw: IU should never have done that deal to get Miller here! He had no leverage!

Make up your mind, you troll...
I don’t really care about the contract. Just pay to get out of it and move on.

There are different kinds of fans. Some fans don’t care if their team wins or loses, but some fans do. Some people are competitive and some aren’t. I just don’t understand how someone can like sports and not be competitive. To each their own.
That’s a stupid post. You happen to be responding to one of the most competitive people you’d ever meet. Some would consider me too competitive and they might be right. However, whether you or I are competitive is irrelevant. You’re not an IU fan. You can claim that you are all you want, but based on your posting history here you are purely an anti-IU troll. Go troll elsewhere.

Alot of iu fans dont seem care a ton about winning big anymore. They seem happy just to win 18 or 19 games.

Reactions: fpeaugh
I don’t really care about the contract. Just pay to get out of it and move on.
There you go, stick to playing feepaw's greatest hits:

Fire and rain (and also Archie Miller)

Don't stop believin' (in all that sweet BTN money we have laying around)

We've only just begun (firing our way to the bottom)

ABC123 (seasons is all you get at IU)

Heart of Glass (needs a stake put through it)

and....(Billy Donovan is) Leaving on a Jet Plane.

Leave reality to those of us still living in it.

No Fife agree. I also don’t think “how far a coach has gone in tourney” should really matter either; case in point Lavell Jorden. We need an AD that can evaluate coaching not so much on wins and losses but on ability to coach. Glass simply made the “safe and correct” decision with Lil Archie he’s got no idea what good coaching truly is.
Actually think I agree with you for a change.

That’s absurd. He’s making more than 3x what he did at Dayton. He didn’t have that bargaining power and he wasn’t dictating the terms. Or at least he shouldn’t have been.

He was dealing with Fred Glass. Fred offered him a 10 year deal and Archie talked him down to 7.

Probably because Archie looked at IU's roster and incoming recruits and thought, "those guys are not going to play well in my system. I'd need 5 seasons to recruit all new kids to get that program playing like my kids here play."

Then he told his agent to tell Fred Glass he was willing to go to IU, but they'd have to guarantee him 5 years. Remember, Archie had,already turned down his alma mater when they tried to hire him.

And IU thought: he's the best option. Screw it, Billy Donovan's,not walking through that door. Let's do it.

Remember, Archie was already making more than a million a year at Dayton. He obviously didn't need IU. He was not a motivated seller of his services. He probably set out his terms and told IU they could take it or leave it.

All agents try to to get the best deal possible. Most get 6 or 7 years now. Archie took the job because it’s one of the top 5 jobs in the country. Blue bloods don’t come open that often. Also, IU, has shown they are very patient with coaches.

Reactions: Sassy61 and .Gerdis
Oh, we can't do that! Who would come here if we did that? That's nonsense, ANYBODY would! Shit, I sure would, though I'm not confident or competent to do so, I sure would for $15 M over 4 years, I'd try! Point being, any coach with a modicum of confidence in themselves is not turning down what we pay, at a storied program with strong in state prospects, and basketball crazed state. Given our history of accepting mediocrity for far too long, it makes the job even more appealing and anybody with confidence in themselves would try
Hasn’t been 3 years yet.

Not saying you said that, just alluding to the fact that the Kool-Aid drinkers would consider that a monumental accomplishment, and seems you would too.

again, please point out any posts that said that. Can’t? Anyone willing to suspend final judgement until the end of a coach’s third year is a Kool-Aid drinker? Lol. Way to think that through...

That's a joke, less competitive? You HAD to win your conference back then to go dancing, how old are you?
This board is mostly millennials now. They don’t remember anything prior to about 2005. And a fair amount still live with their parents. It’s a different board these days.

again, please point out any posts that said that. Can’t? Anyone willing to suspend final judgement until the end of a coach’s third year is a Kool-Aid drinker? Lol. Way to think that through...

Again, not saying you said that, but if you're of the mindset that we need to see much more crap bball or suspend judgment after 2.5 seasons of watching said shit, I would call that Kool-Aid drinking. Prolonging it will only hurt us further, there is no "help on the way"

This board is mostly millennials now. They don’t remember anything prior to about 2005. And a fair amount still live with their parents. It’s a different board these days.

Obviously true, what a stupid statement, do you think they even know it used to be 32 teams?

Wow, the name calling on here is off the charts. I suggest everyone realize IU basketball isn't life. I was a junior at Bloomington during the '87 title run and it was amazing! But, realistically, this program is nowhere near that level now. There's no great coaching, great talent leaves for the NBA after a year or two and somewhere/somehow IU basketball REALLY stopped mattering. IU could easily lose nearly every game the rest of the season. I care less every season.

Again, not saying you said that, but if you're of the mindset that we need to see much more crap bball or suspend judgment after 2.5 seasons of watching said shit, I would call that Kool-Aid drinking. Prolonging it will only hurt us further, there is no "help on the way"

Again, coaches talk. No competant coach is gonna leave their job and come here when we fire a coach who doesn't even get a chance to get their first recruiting cycle all the way through to their senior year.

If you think a Chris Beard or a Brad Stevens is coming here, you are out of your mind. They're not leaving where they are.

Reactions: MrBing
Again, coaches talk. No competant coach is gonna leave their job and come here when we fire a coach who doesn't even get a chance to get their first recruiting cycle all the way through to their senior year.

If you think a Chris Beard or a Brad Stevens is coming here, you are out of your mind. They're not leaving where they are.

The 3.5 and 5 year contract seems standard, no I wouldn't expect those two would, they make as much or more and don't want a rebuild. Still, there's tons of better and cheaper options when we KNOW this thing is in death spiral.

Two names: Roy Williams and John Calipari. You heard of them?

Both were big name, elite coaches at the top of their games when they took over programs that fired their coach within the first 3 years.

How many times do we have to prove you wrong kid?

Said what? you say nothing. ever. just attack posters because you're a miller shill. a tiny, twerpy miller shill. did you play a sport? ever? did you go to iu? for anything. no just hide out on the internet attacking posters because you're a pus*y.

That's a joke, less competitive? You HAD to win your conference back then to go dancing, how old are you?
The tournament wasn't even televised. There was no money in it. Yes, it was less competitive, which is why UCLA was so successful back then. They were cheating and half the schools weren't even trying.

The tournament wasn't even televised. There was no money in it. Yes, it was less competitive, which is why UCLA was so successful back then. They were cheating and half the schools weren't even trying.
Of course the tournament was televised then. Every IU game on the way to and in the Final Four was televised (except the consolation game). And it was extremely competitive then, especially in the tournament, even if UCLA was the dominant program. You have no idea what you’re talking about here.

Wow, the name calling on here is off the charts. I suggest everyone realize IU basketball isn't life. I was a junior at Bloomington during the '87 title run and it was amazing! But, realistically, this program is nowhere near that level now. There's no great coaching, great talent leaves for the NBA after a year or two and somewhere/somehow IU basketball REALLY stopped mattering. IU could easily lose nearly every game the rest of the season. I care less every season.

But you and some of us remember the good old days, I'm old, but not old enough I should just give up on watching it return to glory and care less that we pay a lot for little

Yeah, tell that to Walton and Kareem, maybe Buckner, Bird, Magic and May too. I'm sure they'll agree

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT