ADVERTISEMENT

So tired of this crap that we can't fire a coach for underachieving in 3 yrs ...

go_iu

All-Big Ten
Feb 22, 2004
Oh, we can't do that! Who would come here if we did that? That's nonsense, ANYBODY would! Shit, I sure would, though I'm not confident or competent to do so, I sure would for $15 M over 4 years, I'd try! Point being, any coach with a modicum of confidence in themselves is not turning down what we pay, at a storied program with strong in state prospects, and basketball crazed state. Given our history of accepting mediocrity for far too long, it makes the job even more appealing and anybody with confidence in themselves would try

Oh, we can't do that! Who would come here if we did that? That's nonsense, ANYBODY would! Shit, I sure would, though I'm not confident or competent to do so, I sure would for $15 M over 4 years, I'd try! Point being, any coach with a modicum of confidence in themselves is not turning down what we pay, at a storied program with strong in state prospects, and basketball crazed state. Given our history of accepting mediocrity for far too long, it makes the job even more appealing and anybody with confidence in themselves would try

dang, they announced NCAA teams today? Can’t believe I missed it...

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Name 2 coaches that you would hire?

dang, they announced NCAA teams today? Can’t believe I missed it...

Not quite yet, but when they do, i'm sure we won't be included, going to be a rough year, this team is not talented enough or mentally tough enough to win on the road, its sad

of course you can. You’re an emotional basket case.

Win or not, I'm sure you'll be championing a win over Nebraska as a program changer … the question is, why is this game not a joke, even if we're playing it on the moon?

Reactions: IUgradman
Here’s the question. Would you rather give Archie more time to turn it around, after he has shown that he isn’t what he thought he was? Or would you rather let someone else have a try like Dane Fife?

Personally, I’d roll the dice on someone like Fife. At least he’s an unknown. We KNOW what Archie brings.

Reactions: fpeaugh
giphy.gif

More lies from Apologists Nebraska got Hoiberg would kill for him right now

Here’s the question. Would you rather give Archie more time to turn it around, after he has shown that he isn’t what he thought he was? Or would you rather let someone else have a try like Dane Fife?

Personally, I’d roll the dice on someone like Fife. At least he’s an unknown. We KNOW what Archie brings.
Archie isn’t turning it around he can win don’t get me wrong but it’s not final four caliber coaching

I’d take any coach Fred Glass has no part in hiring

Dane Fife
Mike Lewis
Scott Skiles
Marshall
Altman
Beard
Scott Drew
Brice Drew
Homer Drew
Billy Donovan
Even Alford, or give Sampson a mulligan ... Good God, I could think of 1000 better choices, I might think of more by tomorrow after we lose again.
Your list makes me very glad that the only decision you get to makes is to come on here and act like an idiot.

At some point it appears a change will be necessary but Fife has done nothing to indicate he is the answer.

At some point it appears a change will be necessary but Fife has done nothing to indicate he is the answer.
No Fife agree. I also don’t think “how far a coach has gone in tourney” should really matter either; case in point Lavell Jorden. We need an AD that can evaluate coaching not so much on wins and losses but on ability to coach. Glass simply made the “safe and correct” decision with Lil Archie he’s got no idea what good coaching truly is.

Where else can you be a CEO of a corporation and fail to perform year after year and keep getting paid millions....only at IU.

This isn’t exactly a knee jerk reaction post but common sense. People who get paid top dollar perform...no excuses.

Where else can you be a CEO of a corporation and fail to perform year after year and keep getting paid millions....only at IU.

This isn’t exactly a knee jerk reaction post but common sense. People who get paid top dollar perform...no excuses.
Contract matter at IU- Love, Fred Glass

I agree. If you were seeing consistent effort, competitive play, and player improvement, game to game and season to season, I would feel differently. This program is stuck in neutral and moving much closer to reverse than drive. You can't just cut ties to all Scholarship Players and start over with this Coach. The change has to start at the top.

All I know is if the Cavs Fire Beilen we better hire his ass and give him 10years and call it a day!!

The reality of the situation is if he misses the tournament he will be fired, maybe not this offseason but for sure the offseason after. If he makes the tourney that will buy him another 2 years where obvious consistency or improvement will also be needed to keep his job. It could also blossom into two-three decades and the second coming of Bobby knight. For that to happen making the tourney this year is a necessity.

There will be 9+teams in the tournament from the B1G this year. If Indiana isn’t one of them and you still want Archie as our coach, you are just a moron.

The folks on this free message board won’t be talking to anyone of importance telling them not to be emotional. They will continue literally not spending a dime and voicing their opinion on a free
Message board.

By no means do I think I am connected to the inside of the program whatsoever. However, I know a lot of people in this town that have money and are connected to the university. I go to many games and know the vibe of this program as good if not better than anyone on this free board. He doesn’t go dancing it is over for Archie. 100%.

It must be hard to get through the day. Do you have an emotional support animal to help you survive the stresses of living a life. Seriously, are you OK?

The season isn’t over and IU’s record is 13-4 with wins over top 25 teams. Firing Miller now would make IU a pariah. IU’s coaching job would be toxic for anyone and would require paying the highest coaching salary in basketball for any worthwhile coach to accept the risk for working for such an unreasonable (crazy) administration. Also, once again for the illogical posters - firing Miller this season or next would effectively increase the cost of the new coach by $3.5 million bucks per year. It is NOT going to happen so calm down and try to get through the day.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrBing
It’s like having a three point shooting contest and you can pick your shooter. You have 5 chances. You pick a guy out of the stands to shoot for you and he airballs the first 3. You sticking with him for your final two or are you risking it picking someone else? You’re probably going to switch it up.

The reality of the situation is if he misses the tournament he will be fired, maybe not this offseason but for sure the offseason after. If he makes the tourney that will buy him another 2 years where obvious consistency or improvement will also be needed to keep his job. It could also blossom into two-three decades and the second coming of Bobby knight. For that to happen making the tourney this year is a necessity.

There will be 9+teams in the tournament from the B1G this year. If Indiana isn’t one of them and you still want Archie as our coach, you are just a moron.

The folks on this free message board won’t be talking to anyone of importance telling them not to be emotional. They will continue literally not spending a dime and voicing their opinion on a free
Message board.

By no means do I think I am connected to the inside of the program whatsoever. However, I know a lot of people in this town that have money and are connected to the university. I go to many games and know the vibe of this program as good if not better than anyone on this free board. He doesn’t go dancing it is over for Archie. 100%.

I don't know the specifics of the contract, but I'm sure there are some who have studied it or have read about it, but if what's being said is true (6-7 years guaranteed?), why in the hell are contracts like this given out without any type of performance clause for termination? It's not like Archie was a big name with past titles. How do you not include grounds for termination if say, you don't make the tourney for 3 consecutive years? OK if it's a reduced payout, but why do we continue to hamstring ourselves like this without any protection?

I don't know the specifics of the contract, but I'm sure there are some who have studied it or have read about it, but if what's being said is true (6-7 years guaranteed?), why in the hell are contracts like this given out without any type of performance clause for termination? It's not like Archie was a big name with past titles. How do you not include grounds for termination if say, you don't make the tourney for 3 consecutive years? OK if it's a reduced payout, but why do we continue to hamstring ourselves like this without any protection?

I know nothing about contracts, but ya from the outside looking in seems a bit strange. Might be industry standard for power schools to give these kind of contracts. Who knows. Would make a bit more sense if it was structured for a Brad Stevens or Billy Donovan. But a 39 year old mid major coach that made the elite 8 once?

Probably because Archie looked at IU's roster and incoming recruits and thought, "those guys are not going to play well in my system. I'd need 5 seasons to recruit all new kids to get that program playing like my kids here play."

Then he told his agent to tell Fred Glass he was willing to go to IU, but they'd have to guarantee him 5 years. Remember, Archie had,already turned down his alma mater when they tried to hire him.

And IU thought: he's the best option. Screw it, Billy Donovan's,not walking through that door. Let's do it.

Remember, Archie was already making more than a million a year at Dayton. He obviously didn't need IU. He was not a motivated seller of his services. He probably set out his terms and told IU they could take it or leave it.

I’m telling you all that Pearl is the guy. He would give us a great decade and put us back on the map. It is too obvious to ever happen though given our totally incompetent administration.

Reactions: fpeaugh

Message board.

Lol- Knight made final four in his second season at Iu, in 4th season was undefeated regular season and in 5th undefeated!

Probably because Archie looked at IU's roster and incoming recruits and thought, "those guys are not going to play well in my system. I'd need 5 seasons to recruit all new kids to get that program playing like my kids here play."

Then he told his agent to tell Fred Glass he was willing to go to IU, but they'd have to guarantee him 5 years. Remember, Archie had,already turned down his alma mater when they tried to hire him.

And IU thought: he's the best option. Screw it, Billy Donovan's,not walking through that door. Let's do it.

Remember, Archie was already making more than a million a year at Dayton. He obviously didn't need IU. He was not a motivated seller of his services. He probably set out his terms and told IU they could take it or leave it.
Yea all coaches are willing to lose for 5 years puhhhhleeze

Joke we got $40mil to fix toilets money is there more lies

Win or not, I'm sure you'll be championing a win over Nebraska as a program changer … the question is, why is this game not a joke, even if we're playing it on the moon?

show me these “program changer” posts after any of our wins this year. Lol. Your poop-tinted glasses make you dumb. Yikes.

Neither has the guy we currently pay 10x's Fife's salary, if you want to cut costs and try someone who's been groomed under a HOF coach, then why not give him a chance?

I know nothing about contracts, but ya from the outside looking in seems a bit strange. Might be industry standard for power schools to give these kind of contracts. Who knows. Would make a bit more sense if it was structured for a Brad Stevens or Billy Donovan. But a 39 year old mid major coach that made the elite 8 once?
If I were a betting man, and this isn't gonna be popular, he saw the challenge ahead on what Crean had left him and knew he needed time to get this thing off the ground. That's why the contract is structured like it is.

People always say, well we won the Big 2 years prior, so what. We also lost how many NBA players from that team before Archie got here? There's a reason Crean got fired and it wasn't because he was winning or Archie wouldn't be out coach (if take Archie over Crean every day of the week and twice on Sunday).

Neither has the guy we currently pay 10x's Fife's salary, if you want to cut costs and try someone who's been groomed under a HOF coach, then why not give him a chance?
I hope this is simple enough for you - firing Miller and hiring Fife would mean paying Fife's salary PLUS $3.5 million for the next four years. Its NOT going to happen.

It must be hard to get through the day. Do you have an emotional support animal to help you survive the stresses of living a life. Seriously, are you OK?

The season isn’t over and IU’s record is 13-4 with wins over top 25 teams. Firing Miller now would make IU a pariah. IU’s coaching job would be toxic for anyone and would require paying the highest coaching salary in basketball for any worthwhile coach to accept the risk for working for such an unreasonable (crazy) administration. Also, once again for the illogical posters - firing Miller this season or next would effectively increase the cost of the new coach by $3.5 million bucks per year. It is NOT going to happen so calm down and try to get through the day.

OK, genius, it's "crazy" to expect that we will beat Nebraska today and "crazy" to expect that paying a coach almost 4M a year can't at least get us in the NCAA after three years, I'm not even talking about doing anything if we get in. What's "crazy" is that is how far the bar has been lowered from Fred's expectations of "B10 Championships and deep tourney runs" … didn't he say that upon expectations for Archie, I'm quite sure he said exactly that.

Reactions: BigMobe
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT