ADVERTISEMENT

Our company let us off for the holiday at 2:00 this afternoon, so I played golf today. It was in the mid to high 50s

McNutt76

Hall of Famer
Sep 1, 2001
with very little wind and I absolutely loved it for December 30th!

Ironically, a longtime friend of mine was on the first tee and the two of us decided to play together. Even though I was rusty from not playing much golf lately, I still had a decent front nine. In fact, I think I parred six of the holes.

My buddy, who is at least five years older than me, said he was going to have to take a break because he wasn't used to walking that much. Thus, I played the back nine by myself.

Absolutely nobody was in front of me until I reached the 15th hole. That is when a foursome cut over in front of me--and they were slower than heck.

Because it was getting overcast and beginning to rain, I decided to just play holes 17 and 18. After making sure I wasn't cutting in front of anybody, I hustled through those two holes and headed to my minivan.

It makes winter seem so much shorter when I can get out and play some golf. Hopefully, I will get to play Sunday and Monday before heading back to work on Tuesday. There is no way I will be able to play on Saturday because it is supposed to be a rainy day.

There is one thing I like regarding rain during the winter. It normally reduces the amount of snow we get afterward. Spring can't get here soon enough for me!

Reactions: Brockway
I used to work for a UK-based company when I used to live in the States. They used to give us like the 23rd Dec till the 2nd or 3rd Jan off every year. On top of the usual 11-14 days annual leave.

Then Time Warner bought it up. Sucked ever since.

Last edited:
with very little wind and I absolutely loved it for December 30th!

Ironically, a longtime friend of mine was on the first tee and the two of us decided to play together. Even though I was rusty from not playing much golf lately, I still had a decent front nine. In fact, I think I parred six of the holes.

My buddy, who is at least five years older than me, said he was going to have to take a break because he wasn't used to walking that much. Thus, I played the back nine by myself.

Absolutely nobody was in front of me until I reached the 15th hole. That is when a foursome cut over in front of me--and they were slower than heck.

Because it was getting overcast and beginning to rain, I decided to just play holes 17 and 18. After making sure I wasn't cutting in front of anybody, I hustled through those two holes and headed to my minivan.

It makes winter seem so much shorter when I can get out and play some golf. Hopefully, I will get to play Sunday and Monday before heading back to work on Tuesday. There is no way I will be able to play on Saturday because it is supposed to be a rainy day.

There is one thing I like regarding rain during the winter. It normally reduces the amount of snow we get afterward. Spring can't get here soon enough for me!
Nothing worse than someone especially a foursome cutting in front of you and then they are slow players. No golf etiquette, played yesterday in the drizzle and no one else was silly enough to be on the course. Played the front nine and after a couple of bad starting holes ended up with a 43. Naturally got beat again by my wife as she shot a 39, could have been better but missed some birdied putts as the greens were inconsistent with all the rain.

Nothing worse than someone especially a foursome cutting in front of you and then they are slow players. No golf etiquette, played yesterday in the drizzle and no one else was silly enough to be on the course. Played the front nine and after a couple of bad starting holes ended up with a 43. Naturally got beat again by my wife as she shot a 39, could have been better but missed some birdied putts as the greens were inconsistent with all the rain.
No, Jerry lives for it! He loves to complain about how fast he's playing as a walker until he bumps up against a group playing slower. Only makes it a better story in his mind if they are riding in carts or cut ahead!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT