ADVERTISEMENT

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOriginalHappyGoat

Oct 4, 2010
Margaritaville
I will try to say what I have to say without lecturing, but I will probably fail.

Quite honestly, this place has become borderline unbearable lately. Too many people are not only complete douchebags, but very active complete douchebags. Sifting through the bullshit to find the small handful of good posts is a chore. And because I'm currently working long hours, I don't have a lot of free time to dedicate to sifting through bullshit.

Moderating has also become unbearable. I understand I am the most active poster among the moderators, but the other mods are still here, deleting posts quietly. And yet, some posters think it's appropriate to respond to a deletion by personally and publicly attacking me. Fine. Let me be clear: if you didn't get a message from me explaining why your post was deleted, that's because I didn't delete it.

This leaves me with two options. First, I can simply stop reading the Water Cooler altogether. I seriously considered that option, but that would require me to also avoid the small handful of posters here who are actually worth talking to. Second, I can, for the sake of my own sanity, simply put a bunch of posters on my ignore list, and still engage those posters whom I actually want to engage. This is the option I decided on.

Both options, however, preclude me from being an effective moderator. I don't believe someone can moderate a board while ignoring those posters most likely to post something offensive. Therefore, moving forward, I will not be moderating the Water Cooler. Please direct your future concerns to Cajun and/or NPT.

Thank you.

Last edited:
I will try to say what I have to say without lecturing, but I will probably fail.

Quite honestly, this place has become borderline unbearable lately. Too many people are not only complete douchebags, but very active complete douchebags. Sifting through the bullshit to find the small handful of good posts is a chore. And because I'm currently working long hours, I don't have a lot of free time to dedicate to sifting through bullshit.

Moderating has also become unbearable. I understand I am the most active poster among the moderators, but the other mods are still here, deleting posts quietly. And yet, some posters think it's appropriate to respond to a deletion by personally and publicly attacking me. Fine. Let me be clear: if you didn't get a message from me explaining why your post was deleted, that's because I didn't delete it.

This leaves me with two options. First, I can simply stop reading the Water Cooler altogether. I seriously considered that option, but that would require me to also avoid the small handful of posters here who are actually worth talking to. Second, I can, for the sake of my own sanity, simply put a bunch of posters on my ignore list, and still engage those posters whom I actually want to engage. This is the option I decided on.

Both options, however, preclude me from being an effective moderator. I don't believe someone can moderate a board while ignoring those posters most likely to post something offensive. Therefore, moving forward, I will not be moderating the Water Cooler. Please direct your future concerns to Cajun and/or NPT.

Thank you.

Bully! You are what a politician should be, dedicated to your job to be done in all proper conscience.

That’s too bad. You do a great job, under difficult circumstances. It appears from your post, that the conservative moderators don’t allow things to get out of hand without deleting posts. However, I can’t help but think it’s going to get nastier up in here if certain posters know you aren’t going to zap some posts. We’ll see if the mods can keep up. I hope you reconsider, but if not, nothing but respect to you, man.

It's not you, it's me.

better-off.gif

Thank you.

Thanks, Goat. It's tough being active and still be a moderator. The abuse you take would have been nice to share, but with NPT and Cajun not very vocal anymore it all laid on you.

Reactions: Lucy01
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT