ADVERTISEMENT

When The Best Interests Of The Few, Outweigh The Best Interests Of All Else.

My God what an ass you are. Just go find another school to put down because you sure as hell don't root for IU.

UCLA was runner-up in 06 and last won it in 95
IU was runner-up in 02 and of course, last win in 87.

So Mr Piss on everything IU, Since 1987 and "riding the fumes from 35 years ago", they both have EXACTLY the same championships and Runner-ups.

So in conclusion, ESAD.
I like to bring some context for those of you who are living in fantasyland. It will be okay.

I like to bring some context for those of you who are living in fantasyland. It will be okay.
Interesting that you didn't try and dispute the FACTS that I laid out for you.

Since you like the Andy Griffith references, I think your new moniker on here should be Barney.
Bumbling, inept and paranoid.
Fits you to a T.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
In fairness I think an all American who played at UCLA has a whole hell of a lot more credibility than anyone doubting his comments. To say otherwise is arrogant
It's not arrogance. Explain how Walton has any more credibility by virtue of playing at UCLA (all american means nothing) than any other alum of that school or of any B1G school. Playing alone, without an honest, in fairness, objective look at why UCLA made this decision is just an uninformed emotional opinion based on how Walton feels about it.

His opinion was, and is, pretty meaningless when the not so secret objective of big time collegiate athletics is money. And success (because, believe it or not, a lot of university endowments have received funding from those folks who like to see the university's sports teams win. Money helps winning. Great Facilities helps winning. Money helps build great facilities. Money helps recruiting budgets. Significant recruiting budgets helps winning. Walton either doesn't recognize this need for more revenue or is afraid of UCLA losing, the latter of which I doubt because, you know "champions" which makes his opinion based in fear or ignorance.

Maybe what Walton is afraid of is UCLA won't be able to stand up to the greater competition in football and, more specifically, in basketball and becomes an also ran sort of irrelevant school in the B1G.

USC, on the other hand, would like to see more games with OSU, MIchigan, Penn State, Wisconsin, etc. These seem like better matchups than Colorado, Utah, ASU, AZ, OSU, WSU etc. Even Iowa, Minn, MSU would be good matchups. USC still wants to become national champions in football and see the B1G as a better stage to do that from.

It's not arrogance. Explain how Walton has any more credibility by virtue of playing at UCLA (all american means nothing) than any other alum of that school or of any B1G school. Playing alone, without an honest, in fairness, objective look at why UCLA made this decision is just an uninformed emotional opinion based on how Walton feels about it.

His opinion was, and is, pretty meaningless when the not so secret objective of big time collegiate athletics is money. And success (because, believe it or not, a lot of university endowments have received funding from those folks who like to see the university's sports teams win. Money helps winning. Great Facilities helps winning. Money helps build great facilities. Money helps recruiting budgets. Significant recruiting budgets helps winning. Walton either doesn't recognize this need for more revenue or is afraid of UCLA losing, the latter of which I doubt because, you know "champions" which makes his opinion based in fear or ignorance.

Maybe what Walton is afraid of is UCLA won't be able to stand up to the greater competition in football and, more specifically, in basketball and becomes an also ran sort of irrelevant school in the B1G.

USC, on the other hand, would like to see more games with OSU, MIchigan, Penn State, Wisconsin, etc. These seem like better matchups than Colorado, Utah, ASU, AZ, OSU, WSU etc. Even Iowa, Minn, MSU would be good matchups. USC still wants to become national champions in football and see the B1G as a better stage to do that from.
I don't know a single person personally from UCLA to ask their opinion... so for now I'll stick with Bill's.

I don't know a single person personally from UCLA to ask their opinion... so for now I'll stick with Bill's.
Logis says that's not a representative sample. Logic also says that the UCLA administrators thought this decision through, much more thoroughly than Bill has, and made the decision they did. So I'll take their judgement over Bill's (there are more them than one, Bill, anyway).

Changs happens even if you do nothing. Atoms will spontaneously seek equilibrium, which is a state of maximum randomness of a given system, the lowest energy state.

511lO+SHEmL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Good one, Moops! I'd edit it to "Change" but that would ruin the joke. Sometimes in thinking so hard what I'm trying to say I find the obvious details blinding.

Imagine if David Bowie wrote his hit song as "Changs", singing it, "Ch-a-a-a-angs...". Boy, wouldn't that be a change!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT