ADVERTISEMENT

Rasmussen has Trump’s poll numbers plummeting

He's having a full scale mental breakdown.

Spreading nonsensical conspiracy theories on Twitter... accusing media critics of being murderers.... then threatening to shut down social media networks that dare to point out his obvious lies.

A new low is reached on a near weekly basis.

He's having a full scale mental breakdown.

Spreading nonsensical conspiracy theories on Twitter... accusing media critics of being murderers.... then threatening to shut down social media networks that dare to point out his obvious lies.

A new low is reached on a near weekly basis.

He is trying the shiny object trick to interrupt the 100,000 coverage.

His internal numbers must be showing its a clusterfeck.

lol.gif
lol.gif

Desperate times, desperate measures.

Reactions: brianiu
If a Democrat were in office, the coverage would be about how great the response was to keep the number at 100,000 given the early death toll predictions.

Also noted how gleeful some are that a virus is destroying the economy so that their person can hopefully get elected.

Regardless of party, any other POTUS would acknowledge that 100,000 Americans have died and he/she would mourn for them. That POTUS would rally the country together to fight the common enemy and not divide the country along party lines. I see where you ended up - blaming Democrats and the media.

Here’s what a normal human might say:

Bull shit to your gleeful destruction of the economy. One quarter of all US workers are unemployed. That’s tragic. No one is cheering this.

Edit to add Biden clip

Last edited:
But is he? I honestly don’t think he cares about the 100,000 dead. He doesn’t have that in him. Hell, even Coulter called him a callous monster.
My wife says she hates him even more when he tries to pretend he has a soul. Rump at Arlington Cemetery had her swearing at the TV. Which is pretty hilarious for me; she doesn't swear and when she does she's bad at it.

Also noted how gleeful some are that a virus is destroying the economy so that their person can hopefully get elected.

That you sincerely typed and believe that Democrats / liberals are gleeful about a virus thats destroyed the economy shows how utterly disconnected from reality you are. Will you find a random nutter that thinks that? Sure. Extrapolating that all over the rest of Dems to help you along in your hatred is the height of cynicism and intellectual dishonesty.

My wife says she hates him even more when he tries to pretend he has a soul. Rump at Arlington Cemetery had her swearing at the TV. Which is pretty hilarious for me; she doesn't swear and when she does she's bad at it.
My wife too. She generally ignores politics, but anytime Trump speaks generally leads to one of the rare times when she curses. And she sucks at it too. I would have thought after 24 years of being around me she would have learned by now.

Reactions: sglowrider
If a Democrat were in office, the coverage would be about how great the response was to keep the number at 100,000 given the early death toll predictions.

If a Democrat were in office there wouldn't be 100,000 dead.

Last edited:
My wife too. She generally ignores politics, but anytime Trump speaks generally leads to one of the rare times when she curses. And she sucks at it too. I would have thought after 24 years of being around me she would have learned by now.
My wife hates him with a passion too. In her case, when she starts in she can make the paint peel. But then, she's Canadian.

I married well.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thewrap.com/trump-retweets-good-democrat-dead-democrat/amp/Or we could talk about Trump gleefully retweeting the only good Democrat is a dead Democrat. Poor Donnie why does the media pick on him so ? That’s your guy.

Dumb

Behold, a man consumed by Fox News and Russian bots.

And... What was Trump doing in February to prepare for this pandemic?

Actually I think had a Democrat been in office we might never have had the pandemic, since the CDC staff in China would NOT have been reduced. And the person who was embedded in the Chinese Disease Control Agency (Dr Linda Quick) would VERY LIKELY not have been "reassigned" in an effort to cut funding to free up money for Trump's boondoggle wall...

Now while I can't say with absolute certainty such draconian measures would not have happened in a "Dem Administration", I can say with reasonable certainty that it wouldn't have. The position went back to at least the Bush Admin, and Bao-Ping Zhu who occupied the role from 2007-2011 described the duties of the role...

"Zhu and the other sources said the American expert, Dr. Linda Quick, was a trainer of Chinese field epidemiologists who were deployed to the epicenter of outbreaks to help track, investigate and contain diseases. The American disease expert, a medical epidemiologist embedded in China’s disease control agency, left her post in July, according to four sources with knowledge of the issue. "

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...na-months-before-virus-outbreak-idUSKBN21910S

Another thing that I believe would have been different in a non-Trump Admin, would have been the TIMELY implementation of "Community Mitigation Measures" which were developed as part of the 2016 Pandemic Response Playbook. Since a Dem Administration would have been by definition "connected" to the Obama Admin, I don't think it's unreasonable to say they would have adhered to policies the Obama Admin developed.

I also think a Dem Admin would have taken the disaster scenario the outgoing Obama Admin conducted with incoming Trump people seriously, and not cut funding for that area of disaster preparedness.

And of course, there is Joe Biden's Jan 27 op-ed in USA Today which specifically refers to programs put in place by the Obama Admin

https://www.rollingstone.com/politi...ng-stone-timeline-coronavirus-america-982944/

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opin...us-less-prepared-joe-biden-column/4581710002/

So for starters, THOSE are steps I think a Dem Admin would have implemented, which Trump ignored...

pandemic-playbook.jpg

Actually I think had a Democrat been in office we might never have had the pandemic, since the CDC staff in China would NOT have been reduced. And the person who was embedded in the Chinese Disease Control Agency (Dr Linda Quick) would VERY LIKELY not have been "reassigned" in an effort to cut funding to free up money for Trump's boondoggle wall...

Now while I can't say with absolute certainty such draconian measures would not have happened in a "Dem Administration", I can say with reasonable certainty that it wouldn't have. The position went back to at least the Bush Admin, and Bao-Ping Zhu who occupied the role from 2007-2011 described the duties of the role...

"Zhu and the other sources said the American expert, Dr. Linda Quick, was a trainer of Chinese field epidemiologists who were deployed to the epicenter of outbreaks to help track, investigate and contain diseases. The American disease expert, a medical epidemiologist embedded in China’s disease control agency, left her post in July, according to four sources with knowledge of the issue. "

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...na-months-before-virus-outbreak-idUSKBN21910S

Another thing that I believe would have been different in a non-Trump Admin, would have been the TIMELY implementation of "Community Mitigation Measures" which were developed as part of the 2016 Pandemic Response Playbook. Since a Dem Administration would have been by definition "connected" to the Obama Admin, I don't think it's unreasonable to say they would have adhered to policies the Obama Admin developed.

I also think a Dem Admin would have taken the disaster scenario the outgoing Obama Admin conducted with incoming Trump people seriously, and not cut funding for that area of disaster preparedness.

And of course, there is Joe Biden's Jan 27 op-ed in USA Today which specifically refers to programs put in place by the Obama Admin

https://www.rollingstone.com/politi...ng-stone-timeline-coronavirus-america-982944/

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opin...us-less-prepared-joe-biden-column/4581710002/

So for starters, THOSE are steps I think a Dem Admin would have implemented, which Trump ignored...

pandemic-playbook.jpg

Problem with Trump is that in his time at the WH, he has never known anything other than to be on an election campaign stump. All his actions are basically seen though election campaign prism. His job as the president is to get re-elected starting 21st Jan 2017.

Thus the poisoning of the well from early on -- denying the dangers of Covid to saying it will be gone in a few weeks to now, a triggered driven re-opening of the lockdown where the science don't support such an early opening.

But is he? I honestly don’t think he cares about the 100,000 dead. He doesn’t have that in him. Hell, even Coulter called him a callous monster.
Trump might have been able to come off less callous and selfish had he offered the same condolences for the COVID victims more often and more extensively over the past month when the numbers were far fewer. If he had done it that way, he might have appeared more genuine.

Instead, Trump didn't offer his condolences until about 12-15 hours after the 100,000 number was announced, and his condolence Tweet was his 25th Tweet this morning, showing that he had at least 24 more important things on his mind.

The way he handled it made it look like he was waiting for the deaths to set a new record to become worthy of his Trumpian notice.

Reactions: TommyCracker
Trump might have been able to come off less callous and selfish had he offered the same condolences for the COVID victims more often and more extensively over the past month when the numbers were far fewer. If he had done it that way, he might have appeared more genuine.

Instead, Trump didn't offer his condolences until about 12-15 hours after the 100,000 number was announced, and his condolence Tweet was his 25th Tweet this morning, showing that he had at least 24 more important things on his mind.

The way he handled it made it look like he was waiting for the deaths to set a new record to become worthy of his Trumpian notice.
To Trump, it is no big deal until the number hit 100,000.
Even then, it is the 25th most important event of the day?

This is a key difference between Biden and Trump. Biden has suffered real loss (first wife, daughter, Beau) so he is able to express empathy and come across as sincere. Trump on the other hand used to go on Stern and talk about how "hot" Ivanka was, and how he wanted her to sit on his lap...

I much prefer this style of LEADERSHIP...

Are you serious? Are you trying to tell us why you chose your moniker?
I thought you were better than Pastor Van! :(

My wife hates him with a passion too. In her case, when she starts in she can make the paint peel. But then, she's Canadian.

I married well.

At the end of his term his base is going to be hard-line conservatives, racist militias and evangelicals.

Women hate him, particularly suburban women.

African-Americans hate him, especially after tonight there's no going back.

Now with his awful leadership of the virus that has devastated the elderly, polls are showing that he's losing them in droves. That's Arizona and Florida for the most part.

He's in big trouble but you know he never loses, he just says he was cheated.

I'm looking forward to him claiming the election was rigged and fraudulent this November.

Really looking forward to that....and to IU basketball.

I know you should not go with 'gut feel' against 'facts' -- after all the most powerful man in Earth seems to trust them tremendously.

But I do have a teeny-tiny doubt about this latest Rasmussen Poll:

SaltyBetterCattle-size_restricted.gif

Gut feel versus Rasmussen?

Reactions: DrHoops
:rolleyes:

Rasmussen must be the Trump WH of Pollsters. There is an everlasting stench or stain that comes with your CV after working there.
Rasmussen uses automated polling that only reaches landlines, and has a (perhaps questionable) "likely voter" model. As a result, it's well known that it skews several points to the right of other pollsters.

However, it's skew on Trump's approval rating has generally been much larger than in other polls, so there's something else going on there.

Rasmussen uses automated polling that only reaches landlines, and has a (perhaps questionable) "likely voter" model. As a result, it's well known that it skews several points to the right of other pollsters.

However, it's skew on Trump's approval rating has generally been much larger than in other polls, so there's something else going on there.

Basically, it's shit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT