ADVERTISEMENT

Question for mods

Beware of Hoot. Old people are close to death anyway and we fight dirty.

200w.gif

If brad and aloha are ready to fight it’s going to be an ugly fall. I’ve been noticing the increasingly incendiary exchanges between hoot and Marv as well. That’ll be the next one

You know it's getting contentious when Aloha is acting like he's Bob Conrad, daring anyone questioning his 'Publican bonafides to knock the battery off his shoulder.

Even Jesus told the slut at the well, “go and sin no more.” What was he supposed to say - “yo, chica, it’s all good.”?
He said it to her, and politely and with compassion. He didn't say it about her, and tell all of his friends how she asked for it.

Really bad form for you to pretend you don't understand the difference. And to make it a religious thing to boot.

This talk about Harris and Willy is hilarious and such complete intellectual dishonesty.

She dated a politician 30 years ago that appointed her to an entry level position in politics that’s a complete nothing position.
Since then she’s been elected and re-elected on her own merits, by the people, to Prosecutor, Attorney General, Senator, Vice President.

There are a hell of a lot of politicians in our country that got their leg up by their family name alone. Did very little if anything to deserve being elected Governor or Senator other than being the son of a previous Governor or Senator. Or maybe they were a famous athlete.

GHW Bush was a pretty good President. I think he served a couple of years in the House, but his dad was Prescott Bush, a powerful Senator and patron of Nixon’s. He was appointed to every position he held-Envoy to China, UN Ambassador, RNC Chair, DCIA, elected VP as Reagan’s running mate. Impressive resume, but I suppose he didn’t date the mayor of Houston to get appointed to the Harris County medical board in 1956 to ensure he’d be President one day. 🙄

The halls of congress and state houses are full of people that are only there because of their family name, or some other reason besides their intellect or progressing through the electoral process.

Nah, this is just a desperate, partisan political attack on Kamala Harris. I would do it too if I were on the other side, but it’s not going to stick.
Prescott Bush and Kamala? What a weird comparison.

Prescott had $$$$, which is why he had his appointments. What did Kamala have?

Was the attack on Trump for his pussy grabbing comments a desperate partisan political attack?

Of course you care about your daughter's happiness. And I suspect you will have done a fantastic job raising her so that when she's 32 years old she'll be a fantastic judge of what makes her happy. And I know it's hard to accept...a better one than her Dad.

BTW, I'm not dodging anything. You're assuming something that I don't know and don't really think matters to begin with. This is another in a long line of cartoonish representations on both sides of the aisle that help lead us to getting what we deserve in politics. I think it's kind of sad that a smart guy like you accepts that kind of assumption. The reasons why people date, marry, have sex, etc. are complicated and varied. If they're not hurting other people with what makes them happy, kudos to them.

I get that you don't like Harris. There are plenty of reasons to oppose her as a candidate. That opposition is more credible when it is about something of some substance. There's no substance in this criticism.
Well, that's the point - she has no substance..

Her most clear policy statement of not taxing tips was stolen directly from Trump.

I joke around a lot. Basically always. But this one really was the one and we had a 20 yr age difference and I think she looked ahead to your pop’s second wife’s situation and said no. To her credit. I get it.
No GIF

She probably just didn’t like you. She would have been at 3UP the same day of your funeral. If it makes you feel better the Dream Team will mourn you.

Well, that's the point - she has no substance..

Her most clear policy statement of not taxing tips was stolen directly from Trump.
That logic train makes sense in your brain? You're further gone than I though, DANC.

He said it to her, and politely and with compassion. He didn't say it about her, and tell all of his friends how she asked for it.

Really bad form for you to pretend you don't understand the difference. And to make it a religious thing to boot.
WTH would you know about it?

Reactions: DANC
Only fake tough guys and idiots claim they’ll beat ANYONE up without knowing a thing about them. I suppose you think you can beat up everyone on the board.😂
Not everyone. Some of you are a lot younger and quicker. We had a thread on it and more than half of this board has never been in a fight and I’ve had many. Grew up in rough neighborhoods. That’s a factor in my favor. Most have never boxed or wrestled so that’s another factor in my favor. Most of the board hasn’t had any military training so that’s another factor in my favor. I do know a few of the board in real life and the only one I couldn’t whoop is probably Bing, but he’s about 6’4” and 220 with biceps about as big as my thighs. I’m not gonna fight him. LOL!

We’re not going to fight, but if we had to I’m pretty confident about my odds. How big of an old boy are you? 😄

• Haha
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
I joke around a lot. Basically always. But this one really was the one and we had a 20 yr age difference and I think she looked ahead to your pop’s second wife’s situation and said no. To her credit. I get it.

I thought she wanted to get married and you wouldn't do it?

Prescott Bush and Kamala? What a weird comparison.

Prescott had $$$$, which is why he had his appointments. What did Kamala have?

Was the attack on Trump for his pussy grabbing comments a desperate partisan political attack?
No, GHW Bush. He essentially was appointed all the way to Vice President due to patronage. Harris was appointed to an entry level office and then won state wide elections as AG and US Senator on her way to VP. Something Poppy never did.

No, GHW Bush. He essentially was appointed all the way to Vice President due to patronage. Harris was appointed to an entry level office and then won state wide elections as AG and US Senator on her way to VP. Something Poppy never did.
Well, GHW was a certified war hero. Of course he had connections due to his dad, but he also was an athlete at Yale and had a lot of contacts in DC.

GHW had gravitas at a very young age. It's not unreasonable he would be tapped for those appointments based on his qualifications.

She won statewide elections as a Democrat in California? That’s incredible!

She have any primaries for those races?

Well, GHW was a certified war hero. Of course he had connections due to his dad, but he also was an athlete at Yale and had a lot of contacts in DC.

GHW had gravitas at a very young age. It's not unreasonable he would be tapped for those appointments based on his qualifications.
It’s pervasive on both sides. Did Al Gore do anything to get into politics besides being the son of Senator Albert Gore? Bob Casey is the son of the former Governor of PA. What did Bill Bradley do to qualify for a Senate seat other than be the glue guy on the last Knicks championship team? The only point I’m trying to make is Kamala is far from the first pol to be helped along the way. She was only helped to get her foot in the door, not bounced up the ladder because of her family name, etc.

It’s pervasive on both sides. Did Al Gore do anything to get into politics besides being the son of Senator Albert Gore? Bob Casey is the son of the former Governor of PA. What did Bill Bradley do to qualify for a Senate seat other than be the glue guy on the last Knicks championship team? The only point I’m trying to make is Kamala is far from the first pol to be helped along the way. She was only helped to get her foot in the door, not bounced up the ladder because of her family name, etc.
Correct. Everyone who is in politics has had some help along the way, either through nepotism or fame or.....

Again, though, It's not how Kamala got where she is (at least to me). It was all the hysteria over Trump and his womanizing from the Dems who now claim sex doesn't matter for their candidate.

I think the Peter Principle (aptly named) is applying to Kamala here - she has risen to the level of her incompetence. It's pretty clear she's out of her league, even as VP. A month ago, no one - and I mean no one - gave her any serious consideration for President. And now she's the hope of the Democrat Party? What happened to letting voters decide?

Correct. Everyone who is in politics has had some help along the way, either through nepotism or fame or.....

Again, though, It's not how Kamala got where she is (at least to me). It was all the hysteria over Trump and his womanizing from the Dems who now claim sex doesn't matter for their candidate.

I think the Peter Principle (aptly named) is applying to Kamala here - she has risen to the level of her incompetence. It's pretty clear she's out of her league, even as VP. A month ago, no one - and I mean no one - gave her any serious consideration for President. And now she's the hope of the Democrat Party? What happened to letting voters decide?
The voters will decide in November, and I’ve never been one to put much stock in the candidates’ personal lives. Yes, to me, the Access Hollywood tape was used for political purposes by the Dems. Who wouldn’t, since we have been in a tabloid driven political culture since Bill and Monica?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT