ADVERTISEMENT

President Trump on the Civil War...

all these years and who knew all it took was a swashbuckler with a big heart to prevent the Civil War.

All of this would be hilarious if it wasn't THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES saying it. The worst part is, he doesn't need to step in these types of heaping piles of crap. He does it to himself because he thinks it makes him sound smart to make historical references.

I can't wait for the eventual gaslighting that comes from everyone from his administration to his supporters.

It probably was. You'd agree, don't you? Terrible deal. It hurt everybody.

Bigly terrible. Huge terribleness. But, Andrew Jackson - he's a good friend of mine - is really the best. Tough and very good. Andrew Jackson would not accept this Civil War deal.

Reactions: meridian and MrBing
Andrew Jackson, like Frederick Douglas, is an example of somebody who’s done an amazing job and is getting recognized more and more, I notice,

Last edited:
Reactions: hoosboot
Says a white guy about a war that ended slavery of black people.

And a guy who apparently didn't detect - or maybe who wanted to attack - Mark's implied dws.

Or perhaps his point is that the only bad war is any war on US soil, no matter the cause for which it is fought.

I dunno . . . hard to tell.

I try to save my breath on this stuff but it seems clear to me that not only is Trump an ignoramus, but he also assumes he's as well informed as anybody else. People talk about him as if he's a typical political liar. He's not informed enough to be a typical political liar. He's seemingly comfortable making his remarks because it never seems to cross his mind that other people (a LOT of other people) know a ton about the topics he chimes in on with zero fundamental understanding. I take him at his word when he asks "who knew healthcare could be so complicated?" What a horrible situation we're in.

It probably was. You'd agree, don't you? Terrible deal. It hurt everybody.

Everyone that is, except for the... SLAVES!!!

You gotta be kidding me Lagoda. Just when I think you can't get any worse, you prove me wrong.

I never thought we'd have a president this dumb AND clueless. We've had plenty that were one or the other. The worst part is not that he doesn't know, but that he really doesn't care to know. If ain't all about him, he truly doesn't care about anything.

Why does the guy still give interviews? I really don't understand why he's still trying to act like he has something to say. Or better yet, policies that may actually achieve something.

And a guy who apparently didn't detect - or maybe who wanted to attack - Mark's implied dws.

Or perhaps his point is that the only bad war is any war on US soil, no matter the cause for which it is fought.

I dunno . . . hard to tell.
Or who was joshing the statement above his post.

I try to save my breath on this stuff but it seems clear to me that not only is Trump an ignoramus, but he also assumes he's as well informed as anybody else. People talk about him as if he's a typical political liar. He's not informed enough to be a typical political liar. He's seemingly comfortable making his remarks because it never seems to cross his mind that other people (a LOT of other people) know a ton about the topics he chimes in on with zero fundamental understanding. I take him at his word when he asks "who knew healthcare could be so complicated?" What a horrible situation we're in.
He is an ignoramus. He's not stupid, but he apparently doesn't care much about learning more than he already knows - or thinks he knows. There are millions just like that in this country, but none of them are President. Unfortunately, about the best we can hope for is that he'll learn to rely on people that aren't ignorant. People like Mattis, for example.

He is an ignoramus. He's not stupid, but he apparently doesn't care much about learning more than he already knows - or thinks he knows. There are millions just like that in this country, but none of them are President. Unfortunately, about the best we can hope for is that he'll learn to rely on people that aren't ignorant. People like Mattis, for example.
I've been careful in conversations elsewhere to attend to that distinction between 'ignorant' and 'stupid/dumb'; the latter is, imo, genuinely a mean and harsh statement about anybody and might be explained by a lot of sympathetic causal factors.

All that aside, Trump is, keeping the above in front of mind, a total dumbass; derogatory sense intended. It's appalling regardless of one's political leanings.

Reactions: Sope Creek
I've been careful in conversations elsewhere to attend to that distinction between 'ignorant' and 'stupid/dumb'; the latter is, imo, genuinely a mean and harsh statement about anybody and might be explained by a lot of sympathetic causal factors.

All that aside, Trump is, keeping the above in front of mind, a total dumbass; derogatory sense intended. It's appalling regardless of one's political leanings.
Although I don't think he's stupid as far as intelligence goes, I'm appalled by him. I dislike his ignorance, his personality and the way he speaks, among many other things. He's not what I want in a President. It particularly galls me that the GOP had some good solid candidates that I would have been happy to see as President and could have beaten (I think) a very bad Democratic candidate, but this guy won the nomination. I hope this is out of the voters' system by 2020.

Although I don't think he's stupid as far as intelligence goes, I'm appalled by him. I dislike his ignorance, his personality and the way he speaks, among many other things. He's not what I want in a President. It particularly galls me that the GOP had some good solid candidates that I would have been happy to see as President and could have beaten (I think) a very bad Democratic candidate, but this guy won the nomination. I hope this is out of the voters' system by 2020.
What's it like being a unicorn, @Aloha Hoosier ?

I am appalled by the statement of our president. The war was so much more complicated than his shallow statement.

Well..., I actually voted for him and so far I've gotten what I thought I had figured I'd get: an A-- who is just smart enough to surround himself with some very good people (such as Mattis) and most importantly I'd get two or more centrist Supreme Court Justices put on the Court.

To me, at least, the Supreme Court nominees were always at least half of what the last election was all about. The other half was (for me) that I truly believe Hillary belongs in jail.

The Donald being in there is going to be just one long roller coaster ride, with someone like me who voted for him just hoping the ride just never comes completely off the rails and that the grown ups he's hired are actually at the controls...

Much of what he says should simply be expected to be indefensible gibberish that is closer to unfiltered, stream of consciousness stuff, than any type of measured wisdom...

The Dems literally gave me no choice other than him. How the other 80 Repub canidates blew it is still a mystery...

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/trump-the-problem-of-militant-ignorance Here is an article that speaks to that. The worst kind of ignorance.

Well..., I actually voted for him and so far I've gotten what I thought I had figured I'd get: an A-- who is just smart enough to surround himself with some very good people (such as Mattis) and most importantly I'd get two or more centrist Supreme Court Justices put on the Court.

To me, at least, the Supreme Court nominees were always at least half of what the last election was all about. The other half was (for me) that I truly believe Hillary belongs in jail.

The Donald being in there is going to be just one long roller coaster ride, with someone like me who voted for him just hoping the ride just never comes completely off the rails and that the grown ups he's hired are actually at the controls...

Much of what he says should simply be expected to be indefensible gibberish that is closer to unfiltered, stream of consciousness stuff, than any type of measured wisdom...

The Dems literally gave me no choice other than him. How the other 80 Repub canidates blew it is still a mystery...
If your vote was about the Supreme Court, then the Democratic candidate didn't matter, did it?

I actually listened to the interview on POTUS radio while finishing a road trip. The idea that AJ was pissed about a war that started well after he died was weird. But that isn't want stood out to me. The war didn't start over night. I think we can all agree that the presidents between Jackson and Lincoln are probably the weakest as a group than the presidents during any similar period of time in our history. Harrison, Polk, Tyler, Taylor, Fillmore, and Pierce won't ever make anybody's list of Presidential All-Stars or even be considered as strong people with leadership skills. This is the time the seeds of the civil war planted during the debate on the Declaration of Independence, began to ferment and form a toxic stew. Jackson was a strong personality. I think the point is would a strong president during this time have made a difference about whether we had to fight the war? Maybe. Was Jackson the person to do that? probably not.

If your vote was about the Supreme Court, then the Democratic candidate didn't matter, did it?
You're joking right?

Hillary's nominees would have been so far left of center one would have thought that they'd all grown up in Berkeley, CA.

So the left despised her and labor abounded her but the Russians influenced the election. Really.
StrawMan2.jpg

You're joking right?

Hillary's nominees would have been so far left of center one would have thought that they'd all grown up in Berkeley, CA.
My point went over your head. You were going to vote for the GOP candidate no matter what. Hillary is extremely moderate . That's why so many people were upset that she got the nomination, not BErnie. You have to know that. Hillary far left of cenetrbis laughable.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT