ADVERTISEMENT

Prediction for upcoming season

Newkirk wasn't great but I think it is a stretch to say he was the worst PG never. I watched an old game from 94-95 season the other night and we only had 3 guards on the roster in Michael Hermon, Steve Hart and Neil Reed who had his arm in a sling. they had to use Charlie Miller as a 2 guard that year so I would say our guard play last year was better than that year.

Hermon was a very solid freshman point guard. Nearly unheard of for IU back then. Wilkerson was one of the finest defensive guards IU has had.

During that season, Henderson was so dominant, the ball went into him as option#1. They were thin at guard, and Miller was not all that helpful.

Hermon was a very solid freshman point guard. Nearly unheard of for IU back then. Wilkerson was one of the finest defensive guards IU has had.

During that season, Henderson was so dominant, the ball went into him as option#1. They were thin at guard, and Miller was not all that helpful.
You sure it wasn't 95-96 when Miller had to play guard? I thought that was the year we got so thin at guard that RMK ended up playing a manager.

I think 24-7
3rd in Big Ten regular season
Conference tournament Champs
Sweet 16

Conference tourney champs? That would be a sweet if relatively insignificant accomplishment, given our track record. Seems like we have to win the stupid thing at some point. Here's hoping Archie is the guy to do it.

Good at home, struggle on the road early. A win or two in the BIG tourney. 5-7 seed. In and out of the top 25. Good mix of talent and experience just not successful NCAA tourney experience. 22 regular season wins.

i'm calling it now...Big Ten champs, Big Tourney champs, and Fianl Four. 25-6. i really think it's going to be special. reason being, Romeo gets only one shot, Juwan has his last shot, and i believe this team will be hungry to get after it on defense in Archie's pack line defense.

This is classic overhype of freshmen because you haven’t seen their weaknesses. Happens every year. I can’t believe people don’t learn. Hs highlight tapes are not the same as college reality.

Remember when Newkirk was going to be better than Yogi? Clifton Moore was going to start by Big Ten season? Remember Parea?

Nobody ever said Newkirk was going to be better than Yogi. Ever. That’s a ridiculous claim.

Reactions: jimmygoiu and kkott
Better for the team, yes they did. Several people did. Because he was...”pass first” and Yogi was too focused on scoring.

What a weird thing to lie about. You tend to do this though. Tell you what, feel free to use the search function on here and see if you can find a single, solitary post to back up your total BS claim. Nobody ever said that a mediocre player, part time starter, and transfer from Pitt was going to be better than a McD's AA, 5*, 4 year starter, & Mr. Basketball from IN. Nobody.

What a weird thing to lie about. You tend to do this though. Tell you what, feel free to use the search function on here and see if you can find a single, solitary post to back up your total BS claim. Nobody ever said that a mediocre player, part time starter, and transfer from Pitt was going to be better than a McD's AA, 5*, 4 year starter, & Mr. Basketball from IN. Nobody.
Was he better than Ronnie Johnson?

Reactions: Grateful Redbeard
Only Crean's 1st season at IU with walk-ons and a baseball player was comparably awful next to last year's inconsistent Senior PG play.

Search doesn’t go back that far and this was on the premium board. It absolutely happened. Yogi was hated on here by over half the board his sophomore and junior year. Then people came to their senses his senior year. I can’t explain it...but it happened.

Search doesn’t go back that far and this was on the premium board. It absolutely happened. Yogi was hated on here by over half the board his sophomore and junior year. Then people came to their senses his senior year. I can’t explain it...but it happened.

Aha. I see you have decided to double down on the lies and BS. Well played. Nobody saw that coming. The fact that you’ve added onto your ridiculous original lie by now stating that it was “over half the board, I just can’t. You’re starting to prove to be a serial liar too. You better stop crying wolf bub.

You mean half or half of half of half of half of half of half?

Keep in mind that Ahab was Moby Dick. Dude was chasing himself...think about it lol

Nobody ever said Newkirk was going to be better than Yogi. Ever. That’s a ridiculous claim.

Making shit up is its speciality

You can't explain it because it's total bullshit.

Reactions: Cutter1973
Interesting review of this thread now that IU has begun to play the tougher part of the conference schedule. Interested to see where the season goes, but some posters got a little ahead of themselves.

Now that we’re end of the season thought it would be fun to see how everyone did with their picks. Turns out I was a little optimistic though not nearly as much as some of the resident basketball “experts”! Tried to tell you things weren’t as rosy as some of you thought and that experience was going to be a big deal, especially when so much of the team turns over.

Now that we’re end of the season thought it would be fun to see how everyone did with their picks. Turns out I was a little optimistic though not nearly as much as some of the resident basketball “experts”! Tried to tell you things weren’t as rosy as some of you thought and that experience was going to be a big deal, especially when so much of the team turns over.
Yes. You were very good at predicting that Hunter would be out all season. And that Davis would have an ankle injury that would have him down for the middle of the season. And that Race would have a severe concussion. And that Phin (who you belittled for being a freshman) would be our starting point guard, but would suffer from a concussion as well. And that possibly the hardest playing player on the team, McRoberts, would be injured for much of the season. And that Green would be out for an injury, and later for a suspension. That's HALF of our team out or injured for a good portion of the season - and you were amazing in predicting that would happen and the impact that would have. I'm duly impressed.

Yes. You were very good at predicting that Hunter would be out all season. And that Davis would have an ankle injury that would have him down for the middle of the season. And that Race would have a severe concussion. And that Phin (who you belittled for being a freshman) would be our starting point guard, but would suffer from a concussion as well. And that possibly the hardest playing player on the team, McRoberts, would be injured for much of the season. And that Green would be out for an injury, and later for a suspension. That's HALF of our team out or injured for a good portion of the season - and you were amazing in predicting that would happen and the impact that would have. I'm duly impressed.
Six excuses in one paragraph makes yours a mostly ignorant post. Read the thread before you choose stupidity again.

Too early to call. This year's IU team has the most potential since Cody and Oladipo's #1 ranked Regular Season team.
No wonder the IU fan base is so upset, many of us were way overestimating what we really had. Essentially, with one lottery pick, based mostly on potential, and one future G league player you were comparing them to a team with two top lottery picks and a lot more experience with seniors Hulls and Watford. Not to mention, the 2013 team had 3 good shooters (both Hulls & Watford being very good 3pt shooters) compared to NONE on this past years team.

Wow, no one wants to pickup the end of season discussion? Lots of lofty predictions from a number of very wise posters, and now nobody wants to own anything?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT