ADVERTISEMENT

Prediction for upcoming season

4IUfourever

Junior
Oct 22, 2002
I’m going to say it now. IU will be in the Elite 8 this year. I have a good feeling about it based off of JM and RL as the two studs. Plus, Justin Smith seems to be a forgotten man. His ceiling will be high this season. I love the length and size IU has on this roster. Mark it down. Take it to the bank. Remind me in March how right I was.

Reactions: Nieman and abraxis
Our schedule really isn’t that tough....even conference.

OOC: 9-2
loss at Duke and some random one

Conference: 14-6 (Finish tied for 3rd)
Road: 6-4
Penn State, Northwestern, Rutgers, Illinois: 4-0
Minnesota, Iowa, Purdue, Maryland: 2-2
Michigan State, Michigan: 0-2
Home: 8-2

23-8
4 or 5 Seed
Sweet 16 with shot at Elite 8

I could actually see us going undefeated at home....that would change things a little

Where are those 11 losses?
Duke, UL and either Ark or Marquette out of conference, the balance in the conference. 20-11 seems about right, if not a little optimistic based on the experience level of too many players who will have to contribute.

Duke, UL and either Ark or Marquette out of conference, the balance in the conference. 20-11 seems about right, if not a little optimistic based on the experience level of too many players who will have to contribute.

UofL is at home and lost their entire team and has a new coach. UofL is going to struggle.

Arkansas lost a ton and has 6 freshmen from a NCAA team last year. It’s on the road.

Marquette is at home, and much like UofL and Arkansas, lost a lot and probably isn’t a NCAA tourney team this year.

IU doesn’t play at Nebraska, Wisconsin, and Ohio State. Plays Illinois, Rutgers, and Northwestern twice.

IU will start one Freshmen (a NBA lottery pick) and will rely on maybe one other one for more than 15 mins a game.

You are seeing 8 conference losses and 3 OOC losses.......hmmmmmm......

Wanna bet?

UofL is at home and lost their entire team and has a new coach. UofL is going to struggle.

Arkansas lost a ton and has 6 freshmen from a NCAA team last year. It’s on the road.

Marquette is at home, and much like UofL and Arkansas, lost a lot and probably isn’t a NCAA tourney team this year.

IU doesn’t play at Nebraska, Wisconsin, and Ohio State. Plays Illinois, Rutgers, and Northwestern twice.

IU will start one Freshmen (a NBA lottery pick) and will rely on maybe one other one for more than 15 mins a game.

Wanna bet?
With a team as young as IU will be, nearly every road game will be an adventure, regardless of the opponent. I understand the irrational exuberance, but I’m very comfortable with my prediction. Too many people to replace.

I predict this team will win 25 games . Finish 3rd in the conference and lose in the sweet sixteen. Really need RL to stay two years to make that Final Four push in my view.

With a team as young as IU will be, nearly every road game will be an adventure, regardless of the opponent. I understand the irrational exuberance, but I’m very comfortable with my prediction. Too many people to replace.

IU will not be young.

Starters
Green Junior
Langford Freshman
Smith Sophmore
Morgan Senior
Fitzner Senior

Bench
McRoberts Senior
Davis Junior
Durham Sophmore
Hunter Freshman
Thompson RS Freshman
Phinisee Freshman

That’s probably your rotation.

I think every newcomer will have a chance to contribute. I think 3 Freshman have a chance to start or be in the early rotation, and a grad transfer. End of season Morgan, Smith, Hunter, Romeo, Phinesee could be IUs best lineup.

Lets not feed the troll.

Wanna bet?
Arkansas has 8 freshman. 4 soph. 1 junior. Only one returning player played 20+.

Marquette didn't lose that much.

I think every newcomer will have a chance to contribute. I think 3 Freshman have a chance to start or be in the early rotation, and a grad transfer. End of season Morgan, Smith, Hunter, Romeo, Phinesee could be IUs best lineup.

Davis or Fitz will start at the 5 the entire year.

It’s going to take Phinisee a year.....

Then lay down some money and accept his offer to bet.

Reactions: Rakkasan29

By the end of the season Phinesee and Durham should be ready at PG. And IU has Franklin coming in next season at PG/Combo guard. No more PG debacles like Crean left for Archie.

Last edited:
If Romeo doesn’t have to play more than a couple of minutes at the point each game, it means DeVonte and Rob are playing really well. If that’s the case, this is def a 20-25 win team pre-BTT. I love the quality depth up front, including Morgan, Fitzner, Smith and Race, even if Davis is way behind. In the long run, Morgan and Romeo could be one of the best offensive combos IU has had. Other than January, we have a very favorable schedule as well.

IU will not be young.

Starters
Green Junior
Langford Freshman
Smith Sophmore
Morgan Senior
Fitzner Senior

Bench
McRoberts Senior
Davis Junior
Durham Sophmore
Hunter Freshman
Thompson RS Freshman
Phinisee Freshman

That’s probably your rotation.
They’ve turned over half the team, and that youth and inexperience will make for some challenges, particularly on the road in the BiG 10. Talent is great, but experience is invaluable.

Last edited:
A prediction offered with certitude isn’t and shouldn’t be viewed as inconsistent or inappropriate, as you seem to believe. Though, upon reflection, perhaps not offering any sort of prediction defines a true lack of certitude. Or expertise. Or both.

So by your reasoning you'd similarly assume that someone who hasn't fired his/her gun can't shoot? Sounds like true "expertise" to be sure.

So by your reasoning you'd similarly assume that someone who hasn't fired his/her gun can't shoot? Sounds like true "expertise" to be sure.
No, your analog doesn’t fit in the least. Those unwilling to fire their guns might be able to nonetheless shoot, but there’s no evidence whatsoever that they actually can. It’s about walking the talk.

Please let me simplify this, in deference to you: A prediction absent certitude isn’t really much of a prediction. It’s a weak opinion with plenty of built in excuses if things don’t turn out as forecast. In other words, a true and legitimate prediction should be brimming with certitude rather than lacking in it, as you apparently believe.

Last edited:
Too early to call. This year's IU team has the most potential since Cody and Oladipo's #1 ranked Regular Season team.

Reactions: Nieman
No, your analog doesn’t fit in the least. Those unwilling to fire their guns might ave able to nonetheless shoot, but there’s no evidence whatsoever that they actually can. It’s about walking the talk.

Please let me simplify this, in deference to you: A prediction absent certitude isn’t really much of a prediction. It’s a weak opinion with plenty of built in excuses if things don’t turn out as forecast. In other words, a true and legitimate prediction should be brimming with certitude rather than lacking in it, as you apparently believe.

All types of predictions, unqualified and otherwise, you're absolutely entitled to imagine yours as gospel if you choose, go for it. But my analogy was spot on - you implied that someone who doesn't express (read as 'fire off') an opinion probably isn't qualified to have one (or shoot you/hit the target). I was merely pointing out that construing "no evidence" as indicative of no aptitude could be a very flawed/fatal conclusion.

As for "walking the talk", until they start playing it's all talk - the Players are the only ones who'll be doing any walking.
But by all means let's talk - you want to make a bet on where IU finishes in Conference? You said 5th, but are you enough of a 'walker' to bet $100 that IU finishes no better than that with the loser to donate $100 to a mutually agreeable charity of choice and post an image of the cancelled check?

All types of predictions, unqualified and otherwise, you're absolutely entitled to imagine yours as gospel if you choose, go for it. But my analogy was spot on - you implied that someone who doesn't express (read as 'fire off') an opinion probably isn't qualified to have one (or shoot you/hit the target). I was merely pointing out that construing "no evidence" as indicative of no aptitude could be a very flawed/fatal conclusion.

As for "walking the talk", until they start playing it's all talk - the Players are the only ones who'll be doing any walking.
But by all means let's talk - you want to make a bet on where IU finishes in Conference? You said 5th, but are you enough of a 'walker' to bet $100 that IU finishes no better than that with the loser to donate $100 to a mutually agreeable charity of choice and post an image of the cancelled check?
You’ve once again failed to grasp the point. It’s not that one isn’t qualified to offer an opinion but rather they lack standing to offer criticism of the opinions of others given their inability or unwillingness or fear to offer same. As for a wager, you’re still unable to offer an opinion, so your request carries absolutely no validity. Or certitude.

You’ve once again failed to grasp the point. It’s not that one isn’t qualified to offer an opinion but rather they lack standing to offer criticism of the opinions of others given their inability or unwillingness or fear to offer same. As for a wager, you’re still unable to offer an opinion, so your request carries absolutely no validity. Or certitude.

You're being obtuse in the hope/belief it will support your sense of superiority, and sounding a lot like Dana/Ord/et al. in the process. My opinion is implicit in the challenge (not a request) to wager, or rather donate to a worthy charity, but then you already know that. $100 says IU finishes better than 5th as you predict. That's plain enough unless you're compelled to obfuscate some more.

Here's your chance to "walk the talk" - I say you dodge.

Freshmen today aren't Freshmen of the 70 's..They know the can play and belong.One of ours is a top 7 lottery pick.
Top 4 in the conference.
Possibly a sweet sixteen.

Reactions: Nieman
You're being obtuse in the hope/belief it will support your sense of superiority, and sounding a lot like Dana/Ord/et al. in the process. My opinion is implicit in the challenge (not a request) to wager, or rather donate to a worthy charity, but then you already know that. $100 says IU finishes better than 5th as you predict. That's plain enough unless you're compelled to obfuscate some more.

Here's your chance to "walk the talk" - I say you dodge.
The “dodge” is your inability / unwillingness to make your opinion explicit, and I’m wagering that you’ll continue to duck. That’s the sole obfuscation on display here, even as you disingenuously and futility attempt to wiggle off the hook. Not sure of what you’re so very fearful.

Last edited:
The “dodge” is your inability / unwillingness to make your opinion explicit, and I’m wagering that you’ll continue to duck. That’s the sole obfuscation on display here, even as you disingenuously and futility attempt to wiggle off the hook. Not sure of what you’re so very fearful.

Called it - total dodge.

IU will finish better than 5th in Conference. Ready to walk your talk now coward? Or rather Dana Pt., Ordfan, Ewerzfan, bigredfredd, blockchargelarge, staytuned and too many other names to remember. What's the over/under on how long you last this time?

Called it - total dodge.

IU will finish better than 5th in Conference. Ready to walk your talk now coward? Or rather Dana Pt., Ordfan, Ewerzfan, bigredfredd, blockchargelarge, staytuned and too many other names to remember. What's the over/under on how long you last this time?
What’s their record going to be? C’mon, stop trying to wiggle away. What are you afraid of? I knew you’d take a pass.

What’s their record going to be? C’mon, stop trying to wiggle away. What are you afraid of? I knew you’d take a pass.

Women and the police, but certainly not anyone who's had to rename themselves a dozen times just to post. Done this before, not again, so go ahead and get your last word in - content having outed you for at least the third time which generally heralds you getting banned in short order. Time you start working on that next screen name...

Freshmen today aren't Freshmen of the 70 's..They know the can play and belong.One of ours is a top 7 lottery pick.
Top 4 in the conference.
Possibly a sweet sixteen.

The "freshmen of today" have rather large shoes to fill whether we are talking McGinnis or Wittman or Alford or Cheaney or Gordon or Zeller.

I don't see much difference there in churning out quality freshmen. IU has done it in every decade.

He wouldn't be a projected lottery pick if Ben Simmons was starting his junior year at LSU, etc. The year Alford was a freshman Patrick Ewing was a senior.

Possible I guess. But Coach SS on the other site says McRoberts is guaranteed to start if the season started today and he's as plugged in as anyone. That would mean Smith is coming off the bench.

Women and the police, but certainly not anyone who's had to rename themselves a dozen times just to post. Done this before, not again, so go ahead and get your last word in - content having outed you for at least the third time which generally heralds you getting banned in short order. Time you start working on that next screen name...
As we suspected, your sole purpose was to initiate a confrontation rather than talk hoops. That, as you’ve now admitted, is the only thing that’s been outed here. Hardly a surprise if your recent posting history is any indicator.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT