ADVERTISEMENT

POLL - Everybody Vote

Should Non-Democrats Be Permitted to Speak In Public?

• Yes - Free Speech For ERR'BODY

Votes: 10 26.3%
  • No - Elections Have Consequences

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Yes

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • No

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • Scared To Answer - I See Black Helicopters

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • STFU you raving lunatic

Votes: 7 18.4%

• Total voters
Needs to be another option.
“Only if they swear under oath not to have voted for Trump. Anyone that did should be silenced at least, if not removed from society.”

Trust me - THAT doesn't matter. I didn't vote for Trump, and I've been cyber-assaulted for 4 years merely for asking questions and pointing out double-standards. ("Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example. " Mark Twain.)

Like I told someone here the other day, if you say "Nancy Pelsoi is wrong about X" what they hear is "Trump is right about X." They lack the desire or ability to understand the other options. Black. White. No gray. In fact, no other colors. No other ideas except "thiers" and "wrong enough to be assaulted."

I was personally told by one very woke, very open-minded person that he hoped I died. And he meant it. I disagreed with him about something = I disagreed with him about everything. To him, I'm a Trumper. End of story. I hope you die. Venomous, vicious hatred by people claim a moral high ground. If you agree with such people 99%, you are considered an enemy of the state. All dissent is racist treason. Same people who during the Bush years posted here that all dissent was patriotic. (And people ask why so many stopped posting here!) They cancel their (former) friends. They excommunicate family members. All over Donald Trump alone. You could have donated a kidney to save their child, but if they decide you voted for Donald Trump, they will never speak to you again. Very woke bunch.

Trust me - THAT doesn't matter. I didn't vote for Trump, and I've been cyber-assaulted for 4 years merely for asking questions and pointing out double-standards. ("Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example. " Mark Twain.)

Like I told someone here the other day, if you say "Nancy Pelsoi is wrong about X" what they hear is "Trump is right about X." They lack the desire or ability to understand the other options. Black. White. No gray. In fact, no other colors. No other ideas except "thiers" and "wrong enough to be assaulted."

I was personally told by one very woke, very open-minded person that he hoped I died. And he meant it. I disagreed with him about something = I disagreed with him about everything. To him, I'm a Trumper. End of story. I hope you die. Venomous, vicious hatred by people claim a moral high ground. If you agree with such people 99%, you are considered an enemy of the state. All dissent is racist treason. Same people who during the Bush years posted here that all dissent was patriotic. (And people ask why so many stopped posting here!) They cancel their (former) friends. They excommunicate family members. All over Donald Trump alone. You could have donated a kidney to save their child, but if they decide you voted for Donald Trump, they will never speak to you again. Very woke bunch.
stupid

giphy.gif

Reactions: anon_mlxxvlbug9dpa
Again your complaint is with capitalism not with the govt.

Extreme right wing speech is not being silenced, you're not going to jail and no army is going door to door to put you in concentration camps.

Businesses are kicking you out if you incite violence.

No one is kicking you out for having a discussion.

It's not a difficult concept to grasp.

Extreme right wing speech is not being silenced, you're not going to jail and no army is going door to door to put you in concentration camps.

You need help with the reply concept - or are you talking to a ghost?

Funny isn't it that the same people who insisted businesses had a right to refuse customers on any grounds and also advocated for holding platforms liable for the content on them are suddenly surprised when businesses refuse their patronage and platforms stop hosting things they could be liable for.

Funny isn't it that the same people who insisted businesses had a right to refuse customers on any grounds and also advocated for holding platforms liable for the content on them are suddenly surprised when businesses refuse their patronage and platforms stop hosting things they could be liable for.

That's exactly my position - private is private - with few limits - until the dumb CEO's cause Congress to decide they are conveniently enough like a public utility that they become regulated ala electricty, water, radio, TV.

Its all fun and games and dollars until somebody gets their eye put out

I don’t care what anyone says, that gif is hilarious. And appropriate at this time
It sure is, I'll grant you that. Just starting to wear thin. But we're cool. I can scroll past it quickly enough.

is there a centralize location for these responses? Had interesting exchange of private messages on Twitter today with old poster on the BB board. He had almost a word for word response in our back n forth.

We disagreed sometimes on the BB board. He quit posting on the BB board last fall. Somehow through Twitter last year in the fall I found out his young wife had died and he moved from Chicago to NY. We talked Basketball some through Twitter. I used my priority points and bought him two tickets in MSG for the IU Ucon game and gave them to him.

Today after having what I thought was a vigorous but cordial exchange privately on Twitter he sent me a message that he didn’t associate with the likes of me and blocked me from responding.

Our brave new world. It won’t stop be from being kind to people without asking their politics.

is there a centralize location for these responses? Had interesting exchange of private messages on Twitter today with old poster on the BB board. He had almost a word for word response in our back n forth.

We disagreed sometimes on the BB board. He quit posting on the BB board last fall. Somehow through Twitter last year in the fall I found out his young wife had died and he moved from Chicago to NY. We talked Basketball some through Twitter. I used my priority points and bought him two tickets in MSG for the IU Ucon game and gave them to him.

Today after having what I thought was a vigorous but cordial exchange privately on Twitter he sent me a message that he didn’t associate with the likes of me and blocked me from responding.

Our brave new world. It won’t stop be from being kind to people without asking their politics.

Not really sure if there was a point in there, did you have a response to the content of my post or just looking for a random place to tell your story?

Not really sure if there was a point in there, did you have a response to the content of my post or just looking for a random place to tell your story?

The point is the ungrateful person who started the Twitter conversation with me responded to one of my messages almost word for word like your post. I guess you folks have the talking points memorized.

Last edited:
The point is the ungrateful person who started the Twitter conversation with me responded to one of my messages almost word for word like your post. I guess you folks have have the talking points memorized.

So your only disagreement is that multiple people told you something similar, not the actual substance?

The substance is bullshit too.

Explain. Do you believe a private business should be forced to do business with a customer with whom they morally disagree? Do you believe platforms should be liable for the content they host? I have little hope but I’m giving you a chance to do better here.

Perhaps because I grew up in a family with diverse political views, I’ve never understood the need to cut off those with differing opinions. It does seem to be a growing problem, maybe because so many of us ensconce ourselves in our own partisan echo chambers.

I do think mashnut makes a good point however. Businesses have a right to regulate speech on their platforms and I do think the threats from both Dems and Reps may contribute to more posts being deleted and accounts pulled. I don’t think this is a good thing. I’d prefer Twitter let Trump keep posting and if they feel the need to present a warning about false info, fine.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT