• Yes

Votes: 40 81.6%
  • No

Votes: 9 18.4%

• Total voters

twenty02

Hall of Famer
Jan 28, 2011
The Ukraine / Israel supplemental will soon pass the Senate.

Its future in the House is unknown.

For anyone that doesn't understand the intricacies. ....

We do not directly send money to Ukraine/Israel.

We send them ammo, and then would use the funding approval to buy back more to replenish our own stock.... Almost entirely domestic produced. In reality, it's a stimulus directed towards our domestic arms manufacturers.

Semantics I know. But a lot of people think we just give money away. Which is untrue.

The poll question is equivalent to what the House will actually vote on (if Speaker Johnson will allows a vote). Not what you wish the vote will be on.

How would you vote?

Last edited:
Maybe a better poll question would be: how soon would China poach Tawain if the US was not studying modern warfare via arms to Ukraine?

Maybe a better poll question would be: how soon would China poach Tawain if the US was not studying modern warfare via arms to Ukraine?

Larger geopolitical questions. But not the one in front of you.

Vote.

We do not directly send direct money to Ukraine/Israel.

We send them ammo, and then would use the funding approval to buy back more to replenish our own stock.... Almost entirely domestic produced. In reality, it's a stimulus directed towards our domestic arms manufacturers.

Semantics I know. But a lot of people think we just give money away. Which is untrue.

The poll question is equivalent to what the House will actually vote on (if Speaker Johnson will allows a vote). Not what you wish the vote will be on.
The bill will clear the Senate on Wednesday.

Speaker Johnson will try to delay the bill for reasons one can only speculate about.

Super important point. Glad you brought this up.

I don’t mean to call anybody out here, but I’m curious about the reason(s) someone would vote “no.”

I get that government spending is out of control and we need to stop it whenever and wherever we can. I get not wanting to get involved on the ground.

But how can we not support Israel against terrorism and how can we not push back against Russia/Putin? This just seems elemental.

I don’t mean to call anybody out here, but I’m curious about the reason(s) someone would vote “no.”

I get that government spending is out of control and we need to stop it whenever and wherever we can. I get not wanting to get involved on the ground.

But how can we not support Israel against terrorism and how can we not push back against Russia/Putin? This just seems elemental.
The poll is predicting what will happen, not our own preference.

Trump has come out against Ukraine aid. His sway over the party is likely why it is getting votes.

And it may just be posters that think that is what the house will do.

What is interesting is this is what the dems wanted originally I believe before told to add a fix for our border

I love when they use this line to try and sell military spending. Blinken does it all the time.

“It’s not a give away folks, it’s just good old fashion crony capitalism. We take your tax dollars, and we give them to Northrop Grumman, what’s not to like about that? Don’t you agree Northrop Grumman needs your money?”

The bill will clear the Senate on Wednesday.

Speaker Johnson will try to delay the bill for reasons one can only speculate about.

The bill passed passed overnight.

Reactions: Spartans9312
I love when they use this line to try and sell military spending. Blinken does it all the time.

“It’s not a give away folks, it’s just good old fashion crony capitalism. We take your tax dollars, and we give them to Northrop Grumman, what’s not to like about that? Don’t you agree Northrop Grumman needs your money?”
We give Ukraine some of older weapons systems and we replace them with newer ones. We'll eventually do this anyway, but this also allow us to support a partner nation against Russian aggression and reduce Russia's military power. There's a lot to support there.

The bill passed passed overnight.

Now we'll see what Johnson does. The majority of the House supports it, including the majority of Republicans, but the crazies among the GOP generally do not. They'll probably threaten Johnson with removing him as Speaker again. I'd tell them to stuff it and bring it up for a vote.

We give Ukraine some of older weapons systems and we replace them with newer ones. We'll eventually do this anyway, but this also allow us to support a partner nation against Russian aggression and reduce Russia's military power. There's a lot to support there.
Is confiscating tax payer money, to send to a company largely sustained by government contracts so they can replenish weaponry that they're currently sending to a a war zone half a world a way (a war we largely provoked) another core pillar of Conservatism in your warped world view?

No for me on Mic stimulus er "Ukraine funding".

Is confiscating tax payer money, to send to a company largely sustained by government contracts so they can replenish weaponry that they're currently sending to a a war zone half a world a way (a war we largely provoked) another core pillar of Conservatism in your warped world view?

You would have hated Reagan.

Reactions: walkerman and NPT

How would you vote?
Yeah it’s pretty wild. Almost all of Lockheed’s revenue is public contracts. Half of Boeing’s. And there are others. An incredible amount of money and while I get it and it’s necessary it’s also not without questions that arise between that private/public divide and the monies these companies pull -ceo salaries etc. comp packages of $25 mil

190312-D-ZZ999-001.JPG

Farva hates the American defense industry manufacturing worker. No surprise. Another RINO.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier

You have a warped view. Of course this is conservatism. Isolationism has never worked. Strong defense and supporting our allies and partner nations by helping them to defend themselves and to prepare for them to operate with us if ever needed is a pillar of conservative foreign policy.

I see that you'd fit right in with the non-conservative crazies in the House.

Wait. You're Farva too? It should tell you something that you're banned so much you have to have 50 handles.

Don't talk to me. You've proven to be an arrogant disrespectful idiot long ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: walkerman
Farva hates the American defense industry manufacturing worker. No surprise. Another RINO.

When can I buy an M1 Abrams? Or is part of the deal in our government giving these companies our tax dollars that only the government gets to use what they produce?

Yep. Abrams tanks from Ohio. Sometimes see them being transported by train or special trailers by truck from time to time.

I’m a conservative is why I voted against it. Stealing from the American public shouldn’t be allowed. It’s unfortunate Republicans have lost their way and think the way you do.

If congress wants to provide more aid there should be cuts in other areas and/or taxes raised.

Reactions: jet812
You would have hated Reagan.
Reagan:

We in America have learned bitter lessons from two World Wars: It is better to be here ready to protect the peace, than to take blind shelter across the sea, rushing to respond only after freedom is lost. We’ve learned that isolationism never was and never will be an acceptable response to tyrannical governments with an expansionist intent.​

And of course, Ike was similar, Ike only ran to prevent an isolationist from winning. Ike offered to withdraw if Taft would repudiate isolationism. Taft refused:

Reagan:

We in America have learned bitter lessons from two World Wars: It is better to be here ready to protect the peace, than to take blind shelter across the sea, rushing to respond only after freedom is lost. We’ve learned that isolationism never was and never will be an acceptable response to tyrannical governments with an expansionist intent.​

And of course, Ike was similar, Ike only ran to prevent an isolationist from winning. Ike offered to withdraw if Taft would repudiate isolationism. Taft refused:

Your signature re: "fanatics" is very apropo with respect to Ukraine funding.

Tell me, what benefit do we have to Ukraine being a wholly owned subsidiary of Putin, Inc? How does that make your life better?
how does it make it worse? reader's digest version marv not a book. not all of us track foreign stuff. and why is the following always the case as trump notes:

Reactions: DANC
Tell me, what benefit do we have to Ukraine being a wholly owned subsidiary of Putin, Inc? How does that make your life better?
there are what 30 countries in nato yet we foot almost half of ukraine's bill. why? and i get twenty's post about replenishing weapons and it inures to the benefit our own highly compensated companies like boeing and lockheed but isn't htat a policy choice. instead of all of lockheed's money earmarked for weapns couldn't 1/4 go to affordable housing or high speed rail or nuclear energy exploration or whatever? i'm not attacking you either marv as i just would like an explanation as again i don't track this stuff much. boeing was always a big employer here w/ mcdonnell douglas before

there are what 30 countries in nato yet we foot almost half of ukraine's bill. why? and i get twenty's post about replenishing weapons and it inures to the benefit our own highly compensated companies like boeing and lockheed but isn't htat a policy choice. instead of all of lockheed's money earmarked for weapns couldn't 1/4 go to affordable housing or high speed rail or nuclear energy exploration or whatever? i'm not attacking you either marv as i just would like an explanation as again i don't track this stuff much. boeing was always a big employer here w/ mcdonnell douglas before

Have a relative that was an engineer with Boeing in STL for entire career. After 9/11 he was working on how to get missiles attached to drones to be used in Afghanistan. I guess before then all the drones we had were unarmed.

• Wow
Reactions: mcmurtry66
Wait. You're Farva too? It should tell you something that you're banned so much you have to have 50 handles.

Don't talk to me. You've proven to be an arrogant idiot long ago.
I told Mark his very first post it was Farva. He tried to disguise it by being civil for a thread or two, but as usual, it didn’t last long.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT