ADVERTISEMENT

Ukraine Aid

Support Arms to Ukraine / Israel

• Yes

Votes: 40 81.6%
  • No

Votes: 9 18.4%

• Total voters
My hope was that Trump losing would allow the GOP to return to some form of sanity. Instead they've doubled down insanity. A Trump dominated GOP is the biggest risk to our fiscal future. As we now have leaders of both parties that are committed to extreme deficit spending forever.
You’ve turned into another hysterical liberal. Trump is better than Biden and every other ass wipe Democrat politician on fiscal issues.

Probably because the Senate wouldn't vote on HR2.

I hate the tit-for-tat Just give each an honest up or down vote
If he separates the votes out…I am not sure what that does for him…it will be interesting to watch some of the more pro-Russian voices explain why they voted against military aid to Ukraine, which desperately needs it, but in favor of aid to Israel, which could easily pay its own way

There is a lot. With the jets arriving and training being completed by the pilots, now the tank operation can go into effect with air cover, etc. Very limited in what the ukraine could do on the counteroffensive without ANY air force to speak of. Tanks alone can't do it. We shall see what happens. There is a real chance to make headway though, and the tanks provided by NATO are all better than even the most recent soviet tank. Russia must know this as well, and it looks like they are playing for a stalemate with the current areas of control, then hoping Trump is elected and bye bye Ukraine.
Maybe. But with all the fighting in Ukraine, and none in Russia, I think this is a fools errand.

I don’t see an end with a Russian defeat.

If he separates the votes out…I am not sure what that does for him…it will be interesting to watch some of the more pro-Russian voices explain why they voted against military aid to Ukraine, which desperately needs it, but in favor of aid to Israel, which could easily pay its own way
Just as it would be interesting to see who would vote against a border bill.

You don't have to be pro-Russia to vote against aid to Ukraine. Some people don't want the US involved in more wars. I don't agree, in this case, but people can be anti-aid to Ukraine without loving Putin.

You’ve turned into another hysterical liberal. Trump is better than Biden and every other ass wipe Democrat politician on fiscal issues.

Fiscal issues, the debt?

Donald Trump$6,700,491,178,561.6033.1%

33.1%
33.1%

Joe Biden$2,499,993,043,258.108.8%

8.8%
8.8%

Reactions: IU_Hickory
damn smart dude!! the little bro of one of my edible co guys got his first job at boeing 25 years ago. software tech guy. he said the guy in the cube next to him had a running ticker along his cube. it was like 27,183,42,18. 27 years, 183 days, 42 minutes, 18 seconds until his retirement 🤣. my buddy left shortly thereafter for SAP, which wasn't much better lol
I was an SAP consultant (3rd party) for about 18 years. SAP took so many companies for millions of dollars, only to have guys like us modify it to specific needs - so much for standard software.

Huge scam. Like what the Dems are running with Biden.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Just as it would be interesting to see who would vote against a border bill.

You don't have to be pro-Russia to vote against aid to Ukraine. Some people don't want the US involved in more wars. I don't agree, in this case, but people can be anti-aid to Ukraine without loving Putin.
If they vote against both Ukrainian aid and Israeli aid then I understand. But voting for aid to Israel and not to Ukraine doesn’t make sense.

Anyway…there are sufficient votes for a successful discharge petition should Johnson try to bottle the bill up

That's not the point. The GOP in Congress only have a fiscal backbone when a Dem is in the WH.

When a Republican is in the WH they basically just rubber stamp what the President wants (as do Dems).... And since Trump has no interest in cutting spending or doing a damn thing about the deficit.... It's a very dangerous combination. At least now they pretend to care.... If he wins they'll forget all about the issue for 4 years.

Fiscal issues, the debt?

33.1%
33.1%

8.8%
8.8%
Disingenuous and dumb. No need to behave like Hickory.

Well, according to the link above, the USA became #1 in 2023, after being a somewhat distant 3rd in 2022. So your assertion of the USA "taking the foot off the gas" under Biden seems WRONG.
This stuff doesn’t happen overnight. The increase is largely a result from Trump era investments. Biden has ”temporally” halted new facilities because we have too many hurricanes and tornadoes.

"U.S. record production was driven by two factors: the return of Freeport LNG to full service, which added 6 MT and the full-year output of Venture Global LNG's Calcasieu Pass facility that added 3 MT more than in 2022," Munton said.

Reactions: DANC
Fiscal issues, the debt?

33.1%
33.1%

8.8%
8.8%
Declining % of a rapidly increasing number doesn’t mean anything.

WE GOTTA CUT SPENDING!!!

If Ukraine's so damn important, then let’s eliminate all the green subsidies, migrant support, and student loan forgiveness to show people how important Ukraine is.

WSJ:

CBO forecasts that under current law the national debt will grow to $48.3 trillion in 2034 from $26.2 trillion this last fiscal year—a whopping 84% increase. Debt as a share of GDP will rise to 116% in 2034 from 97.3%. As helpful historical context, the U.S. added $22.3 trillion in debt in its entire history through 2021, about as much as it’s projected to pile on over the next 10 years.

Don’t blame Americans for not paying enough taxes. Revenues are expected to average 17.8% of GDP through 2034, which is more than the 17.3% average over the last 50 years. The problem is that spending over the next decade will average 23.5% of GDP—significantly more than the 50-year average (21%).

Definitely a massive realignment going on.

Didn't think I'd see the day where a GOP candidate would be attacked in the primary for promoting entitlement reform.
Getting hard to fit everyone in two camps. Need more parties system reform and/or people are going to have to start learning to compromise on bigger intraparty shit

The US Military?
Deploy in CONUS against American citizens?
You're brain dead.
WTF are you talking about? I didn't once talk about deploying the military inside the US. You somehow inferred that and if you did you must be in Biden-like cognitive decline. I said specifically that an insurrection would be put down immediately. I didn't say the military would do it. That wouldn't be necessary. Local law enforcement would do it. I think Andy and Barney of Mayberry would be enough.

Reactions: NPT
That's not the point. The GOP in Congress only have a fiscal backbone when a Dem is in the WH.

When a Republican is in the WH they basically just rubber stamp what the President wants (as do Dems).... And since Trump has no interest in cutting spending or doing a damn thing about the deficit.... It's a very dangerous combination. At least now they pretend to care.... If he wins they'll forget all about the issue for 4 years.
That’s one way of trying to get there. I’ll just go with what happened. Biden added 4 trillion in spending in 2021 alone. None of those bills would have passed if Trump was President.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and IU_Hickory
Declining % of a rapidly increasing number doesn’t mean anything.

WE GOTTA CUT SPENDING!!!

If Ukraine's so damn important, then let’s eliminate all the green subsidies, migrant support, and student loan forgiveness to show people how important Ukraine is.

WSJ:
I’ve posted similar information numerous times. Nobody gives a shit. Buy Bitcoin and chill. It would be a great gift for your grandkids.

Last edited:
That’s one way of trying to get there. I’ll just go with what happened. Biden added 4 trillion in spending in 2021 alone. None of those bills would have passed if Trump was President.
Biden got played by the far left progressives and F’d America with prices. That’s his legacy. That act alone is enough to run him out of office. 50 years in office and he had no ideas of his own.

What worries me is trump may have been no better. He was awfully enamored with seeing his name on checks.

From trump to fauci to Harris to stay at home Pete to Biden we had two years of really, really poor governance

Biden got played by the far left progressives and F’d America with prices. That’s his legacy. That act alone is enough to run him out of office. 50 years in office and he had no ideas of his own.

What worries me is trump may have been no better. He was awfully enamored with seeing his name on checks.

From trump to fauci to Harris to stay at home Pete to Biden we had two years of really, really poor governance

Recall Trump throwing a fit that there weren't $2k checks going out to everyone at the end of 2020?

Reactions: NPT and mcmurtry66
Getting hard to fit everyone in two camps. Need more parties system reform and/or people are going to have to start learning to compromise on bigger intraparty shit
In my mind, most of the Democratic Party and the Republican Party that existed in the 80s no longer exists. Both parties controlled by various factions/persons that are unwilling to compromise or even reason.

Now we have people involved in politics that have no business being involved in politics (again both sides). Young women in Congress throwing around the phrase "genocide" on a constant basis who truly have no understanding of what it means. Milosevec's pogrom came the closest to mirroring Nazi Germany. I'm disturbed by the name calling. Making fun of Nikki Haley's dress and commenting upon "where's Nikki's husband". There's a lot to dislike MAGA controls the Republican party and the left is too concerned with placating EVERYTHING that AOC, et al want.

The funny thing is, each of these people represents both democrats and republicans in their district, etc. If you assume that democracy is majority ruled tempered by minority rights (i.e., a democratic republic)--there ought to be wayyyyy more room for compromise, but we don't see it at all anymore. A shame.

The problem with more parties is the voting blocks. It isn't like European systems where they can form coalitions. More parties might be disastrous. Unfortunately, it is up to us voters to vote out the scoundrels.....but even then, I'm not so sure it can ever be effectuated anymore.

In my mind, most of the Democratic Party and the Republican Party that existed in the 80s no longer exists. Both parties controlled by various factions/persons that are unwilling to compromise or even reason.

Now we have people involved in politics that have no business being involved in politics (again both sides). Young women in Congress throwing around the phrase "genocide" on a constant basis who truly have no understanding of what it means. Milosevec's pogrom came the closest to mirroring Nazi Germany. I'm disturbed by the name calling. Making fun of Nikki Haley's dress and commenting upon "where's Nikki's husband". There's a lot to dislike MAGA controls the Republican party and the left is too concerned with placating EVERYTHING that AOC, et al want.

The funny thing is, each of these people represents both democrats and republicans in their district, etc. If you assume that democracy is majority ruled tempered by minority rights (i.e., a democratic republic)--there ought to be wayyyyy more room for compromise, but we don't see it at all anymore. A shame.

The problem with more parties is the voting blocks. It isn't like European systems where they can form coalitions. More parties might be disastrous. Unfortunately, it is up to us voters to vote out the scoundrels.....but even then, I'm not so sure it can ever be effectuated anymore.
Co-sign. Ugh. I hold media responsible in significant part. Of course we have ourselves but….

Recall Trump throwing a fit that there weren't $2k checks going out to everyone at the end of 2020?

That was repugnant. No better campaign move though than a $2k check with your name at the bottom showing up at every household in America.

I agree.

I disagree. Trump wouldn’t have passed them all. Even if he wanted to, Democrats would have told him to f#ck off. The only one that would have had a chance is the infrastructure bill in my opinion

Reactions: DANC
WTF are you talking about? I didn't once talk about deploying the military inside the US. You somehow inferred that and if you did you must be in Biden-like cognitive decline. I said specifically that an insurrection would be put down immediately. I didn't say the military would do it. That wouldn't be necessary. Local law enforcement would do it. I think Andy and Barney of Mayberry would be enough.
You just demonstrated that you're no less a pudding brain than your uncle Joe.
Local law enforcement?

The parties get along great. They just keep spending and growing government. There is plenty of media noise that the parties don’t compromise, but they always come together in the end to spend more money.

Reactions: DANC and mcmurtry66
Have you compared our GDP to everyone else that is giving? I bet Bill Gates has paid more taxes than you, so?

Putin has designs on more than Ukraine. He has attacked Georgia, South Ossetia, Ukraine (twice), and is waging a war in Moldova. He has more plans:

Interesting that ISW believes he wants to destabilize NATO with these attacks. Hmm.

As to our funding vs Europe:

That doesn’t really answer Murt’s question Marv.

You blame the beautiful game but ignore the universal DH rule passed in 2022?

for shame.

You blame the beautiful game but ignore the universal DH rule passed in 2022?

for shame.
6 April, 1973. That was the day of shame.

Name the first DH, win fabulous prizes.

When I become Commissioner, the DH will be gone. Each MLB team can have no more than 8 pitchers on the staff, 4 being starters, 4 being relief pitchers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT