ADVERTISEMENT

Ukraine Aid

Support Arms to Ukraine / Israel

• Yes

Votes: 40 81.6%
  • No

Votes: 9 18.4%

• Total voters
The Ukraine / Israel supplemental will soon pass the Senate.

Its future in the House is unknown.

For anyone that doesn't understand the intricacies. ....

We do not directly send money to Ukraine/Israel.

We send them ammo, and then would use the funding approval to buy back more to replenish our own stock.... Almost entirely domestic produced. In reality, it's a stimulus directed towards our domestic arms manufacturers.

Semantics I know. But a lot of people think we just give money away. Which is untrue.

The poll question is equivalent to what the House will actually vote on (if Speaker Johnson will allows a vote). Not what you wish the vote will be on.

How would you vote?

Does Congress have any controls regarding how much the arms cost ? Smells like a sweetheart arrangement for the arms dealers and manufacturers to me.

Reactions: DANC
Does Congress have any controls regarding how much the arms cost ? Smells like a sweetheart arrangement for the arms dealers and manufacturers to me.

They just call Nick (we're on a first name basis) Cage and hope to God he gives them a good deal.

• Haha
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
We do not directly send money to Ukraine/Israel.

We send them ammo, and then would use the funding approval to buy back more to replenish our own stock.... Almost entirely domestic produced. In reality, it's a stimulus directed towards our domestic arms manufacturers.

Semantics I know. But a lot of people think we just give money away. Which is untrue.
You don't know this because there's never been an audit on the money "sent". Show me evidence of where the "money" goes and I'll retract my statement.

Also, what is the US getting out of this other than "pumping up our own arms manufacturers"? Isn't that just great - thousands of men and women have been killed and we think it's just ****ing awesome! How sick.

You don't know this because there's never been an audit on the money "sent". Show me evidence of where the "money" goes and I'll retract my statement.

Also, what is the US getting out of this other than "pumping up our own arms manufacturers"? Isn't that just great - thousands of men and women have been killed and we think it's just ****ing awesome! How sick.
Could you link a post where someone says it’s great that a lot of Ukrainians have died in this war?

Isn’t that Russia’s fault? You’re blaming the US for deaths because we are giving arms to the Ukrainians, who want them, to fight against an aggressor nation that invaded them? Bizarre.

How is this different than the USA Min wage pumpers, continuing to buy crap from China, or other low wage countries? We can not allow our kids to work for less than $20, but those ethnic kids in other countries.. "ehhh not my problem".

Ukrainians get slaughtered without our support. How sick.

Reactions: Mark Milton

So knowing that we have sent older tanks, weapon systems, ammo, etc, you think Ukraine is getting the full allotment of $X billion? Not only is it nonsensical, but the DoD provided testimony and inventory lists to Congress prior to each hearing on this stuff. It is insane to think otherwise.

Ukraine is getting older tanks that have been out of production since 1995, except for exports. In 2020, the Army had alredy undertaken the task of divesting itself of M1 Abraham. So Ukraine gets the older tanks and the funds allocated toward the US purchase of new models. Same goes true with the Patriot and HMMR systems--they are older systems---still better than anythig the Russian and Chinese have. Ukraine gets these older systems and we buy the newer systems to replace ours--which likely was going to have to happen anyway.

As for why the US is helping Ukraine, I think that seems fairly obvious. I'm guessing that when Russia invaded Georgia and the US and Europe did nothing, you were good with that--Bush was president. I bet you sqwaked nonstop in 2014 with the US and Europe did nothing when Russian invaded and annexed the Crimea area because Obama was the President. Those thousands and thousands of people killed that you referenced happened before the US provided any of this supplemental aid. Imagine how many more would have been killed if we hadn't, because Russia wasn't going to stop at Kyiv if it had taken it.

Honestly, it looks like you are mad because Tucker Carlson told you to be mad rather than you acutally critically thinking things out......unbridled dogma is never a good thing

Last edited:
So knowing that we have sent older tanks, weapon systems, ammo, etc, you think Ukraine is getting the full allotment of $X billion? Not only is it nonsensical, but the DoD provided testimony and inventory lists to Congress prior to each hearing on this stuff. It is insane to think otherwise.

Ukraine is getting older tanks that have been out of production since 1995, except for exports. In 2020, the Army had alredy undertaken the task of divesting itself of M1 Abraham. So Ukraine gets the older tanks and the funds allocated toward the US purchase of new models. Same goes true with the Patriot and HMMR systems--they are older systems---still better than anythig the Russian and Chinese have. Ukraine gets these older systems and we buy the newer systems to replace ours--which likely was going to have to happen anyway.

As for why the US is helping Ukraine, I think that seems fairly obvious. I'm guessing that when Russian invaded Georgia and the US and Europe did nothing, you were good with that--Bush was president. I bet you sqwaked nonstop in 2014 with the US and Europe did nothing when Russian invaded and annexed the Crimea area because Obama was the President. Those thousands and thousands of people killed that you referenced happened before the US provided any of this supplemental aid. Imagine how many more would have been killed if we hadn't, because Russia wasn't going to stop at Kyiv if it had taken it.

Honestly, it looks like you are mad because Tucker Carlson told you to be mad rather than you acutally critically thinking things out......unbridled dogma is never a good thing
de145285079c324b3864d1ed03519e0b524b702b28a4d302c0107aa5ca1ce4e1_1.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT