ADVERTISEMENT

Phinisee - X Factor

Does anyone here even know what a concussion is?

It’s like a baseball player catching the flu in March and using it as an excuse why he can’t hit the slider in June. It’s ridiculous.

Let’s just call it how it is. Rob is a good player, not a great player...yet. He’s a freshman. He will improve. Some of you really need help.
Wow.

Have you ever had a sports related concussion? Not one from someone smacking you in the head because you said a lie or something stupid, but a real sports related concussion? Please answer truthfully.
He wouldn't know, because every concussion he has suffered is because of being slapped for telling lies and being stupid.

Reactions: BigMobe
I had no doubt how important he was early in the year. He will have a similar career as Yogi.
I think he plays more mature than Yogi did as a freshman. When Rob is healthy he makes very few, if any, mistakes. Yogi made a lot more mistakes his freshman year. The performance last night was one of the all-time best PG performances in IU history. He controlled the entire game by his play.

I think he plays more mature than Yogi did as a freshman. When Rob is healthy he makes very few, if any, mistakes. Yogi made a lot more mistakes his freshman year. The performance last night was one of the all-time best PG performances in IU history. He controlled the entire game by his play.

You need to put down the spirit stick and glass of beer.

So you’re saying the team doctors cleared him to play even though he still had blurred vision and severe symptoms from the concussion? Do you realize what you’re saying about the doctors? Do you not know this is what they test for to clear players?
Yes, I know what I'm saying about the doctors. I know that they allow players to play when they are sick and injured, and not 100%. They allow players to play as they are healing, but are not in total danger of severe injury by playing. McRoberts is playing at less than 100%. De'Ron Davis is playing at less than 100%. And you think there is a difference with Phinisee? I'm beginning to think you are either a troll or actually as ignorant as you appear.

Yes, I know what I'm saying about the doctors. I know that they allow players to play when they are sick and injured, and not 100%. They allow players to play as they are healing, but are not in total danger of severe injury by playing. McRoberts is playing at less than 100%. De'Ron Davis is playing at less than 100%. And you think there is a difference with Phinisee? I'm beginning to think you are either a troll or actually as ignorant as you appear.
They do not take concussions lightly. They’re not letting kids play with blurred vision. It’s a little different than a sore ankle. I can’t believe I have to explain this.

Reminder for those who don’t live in reality:
Rob missed 3 games. We went 2-1 with him out. Our only loss was at #2 Michigan. He has played in every other game.

He was not the reason we imploded and went 1-12 in the middle of the season. I can see a game or two but not all 12.

They do not take concussions lightly. They’re not letting kids play with blurred vision. It’s a little different than a sore ankle. I can’t believe I have to explain this.
Who said anything about blurred vision? What I said was that he was not 100%. His ability to make the perfect decision at the correct time was impaired. He was not 100% when he came back. It's not like all of the sudden a switch was thrown and he was 100%. Why are you having a problem with this? Does it not mean anything to you that you are, in fact, the ONLY person on this board who doesn't understand this?

Who said anything about blurred vision? What I said was that he was not 100%. His ability to make the perfect decision at the correct time was impaired. He was not 100% when he came back. It's not like all of the sudden a switch was thrown and he was 100%. Why are you having a problem with this? Does it not mean anything to you that you are, in fact, the ONLY person on this board who doesn't understand this?
I’m one of the only people who aren’t fabricating a lame excuse to explain our debacle of a season. I’m just being realistic. I’m baffled others can’t do the same.

Everyone have a good night. Signing off.

I think you’re are wrong. The doctors wouldn’t have let him play if he had concussion symptoms.

Now if your making the argument that it took him a while to get back up to speed because of the games he missed and the time he missed at practice while he was sick, then disregard my post.

Rob missed 3 games. We went 2-1 with him out. Our only loss was at #2 Michigan. He has played in every other game.

He was not the reason we imploded and went 1-12 in the middle of the season. I can see a game or two but not all 12.

We won at home against Jacksonville and Illinois with Phin out. What exactly are you proving besides you’re a dumbass?

I think you’re are wrong. The doctors wouldn’t have let him play if he had concussion symptoms.

Now if your making the argument that it took him a while to get back up to speed because of the games he missed and the time he missed at practice while he was sick, then disregard my post.

Yes... that's primarily what I am saying. He wasn't 100% when he returned. I do not know concussion protocols well enough to know if he would be allowed to play while not completely recovered from the concussion. But I do know that players are allowed to return while not completely recovered from other injuries. In any event, both CAM and Phin have said that Phin wasn't himself when he returned - that it's taken awhile for him to get back to "normal." That was my point. But FPeaugh prefers to listen to his own intuition than those things called "facts."

Reactions: snarlcakes
The competition was better. A concussion doesn’t impact your basketball skills genius.
It affects reaction time a lot. You are slow at analyzing things. I have had two bad ones. Dirt bike wreck and constriction accident. Takes a while to get back to normal. Mentally and stamina wise.

It affects reaction time a lot. You are slow at analyzing things. I have had two bad ones. Dirt bike wreck and constriction accident. Takes a while to get back to normal. Mentally and stamina wise.
Not saying our slide was caused by this!

Does anyone here even know what a concussion is?

It’s like a baseball player catching the flu in March and using it as an excuse why he can’t hit the slider in June. It’s ridiculous.

Let’s just call it how it is. Rob is a good player, not a great player...yet. He’s a freshman. He will improve. Some of you really need help.
The only concussion you experienced is when your mom dropped you on your head... Atta way to double down on your idiotic post.

Definitely excited about Rob's future. He is going to be a really, really good 4 year player here. He's so poised for a freshman. Do I think he's going to be better than Yogi, the all time assists leader at IU? No. Rob has made great strides this year despite the concussion and is really going to benefit playing for a coach who was a former point guard. I see some comments about Yogi making careless mistakes but the entire team did under the old regime. That was just the style of basketball that CTC coached; play fast, and then play faster. There is a much bigger emphasis on taking care of the ball under Archie, and I would have loved to have seen what Yogi could have done in this same system as we watch Rob flourish towards the end of his freshman season.

You are correct that Rob’s injury was not the only reason for the delcline. Having Race and De’Ron injured was a big key as well. I do not think that Justin’s recent great play is just a coincidence with the opportunity for pine time. There were no quality options to sit Justin after the injuries. So you are right that Rob’s injury was just one of the factors that lead to the decline.

You are correct that Rob’s injury was not the only reason for the delcline. Having Race and De’Ron injured was a big key as well. I do not think that Justin’s recent great play is just a coincidence with the opportunity for pine time. There were no quality options to sit Justin after the injuries. So you are right that Rob’s injury was just one of the factors that lead to the decline.
You’re still using the Race Thompson excuse after we’ve seen what he can do? Wow

You’re still showing your face and being arrogant around here?
Are you looking in a mirror ? Or you looking out your window as a realtor shows Billy Donovan and his wife your neighbor's horse farm ? Go away, you embarrass yourself every time your fingers touch the keyboard.

Are you looking in a mirror ? Or you looking out your window as a realtor shows Billy Donovan and his wife your neighbor's horse farm ? Go away, you embarrass yourself every time your fingers touch the keyboard.
Someone has to live in reality around here.

Reactions: snarlcakes
Someone has to live in reality around here.

You didn’t get the memo? We beat the mighty 11-19 Illini! We’re back. Just follow the fanboys. They knew it the entire time, Archie is the guy. Did you read the article (clickbait) that knows exactly when Phin was healthy? Well, anyway he is going to be better than Yogi. According to T.M.P, Phin, is already smarter. I trust T.M.P., he kept stats for his high school basketball team.

Disregard they didn’t see the 1-12 run this year or that they have been wanting to Crean two of the players who were instrumental in the past two wins. Those are just minor details. I mean, Rocketo believes Archie is the guy, it must be true. Just believe.

Last edited:
Reactions: fpeaugh
You didn’t get the memo? We beat the mighty 11-19 Illini! We’re back. Just follow the fanboys. They knew it the entire time, Archie is the guy. Did you read the article (clickbait) that knows exactly when Phin was healthy? Well, anyway he is going to be better than Yogi. According to T.M.P, Phin, is already smarter. I trust T.M.P., he kept stats for his high school basketball team.

Disregard they didn’t see the 1-12 run this year or that they have been wanting to Crean two of the players who were instrumental in the past two wins. Those are just minor details. I mean, Rocketo believes Archie is the guy, it must be true. Just believe.

You have aligned yourself with the dumbest poster on the board. I gues

Hahaha - you’re aligned with the dumbest to ever post here...perfect.

Using Fpeagh logic: “The guy broke his leg 4 MONTHS ago, there’s no way that should affect his abilities.” I would pay at least $50 to get a look behind the curtain at who he and Cryano really are. I keep picturing Milton from OfficeSpace
excuse me, i believe you have my stapler

Rob v yogi. Who knows. I’ll measure by championships. Yogi has two B1G. Let’s see how rob does. Individual stats are nice but championships are my measuring stick (doesn’t make me right. Just my thing) get some championships and we’ll talk. Right now Yogi up 2-0. A B1G tournament would be a good start for rob. Go Hoosiers!
just for fun, would you rather win a big ten championship or make it to the final 4 and lose

this is one of those threads that are difficult to follow due to the posters i blocked. doesn't seem like i am missing much

just for fun, would you rather win a big ten championship or make it to the final 4 and lose
Great question. Historically we’ve never made final 4 without at least share of B1G regular season championship. Now with 20 game seasons and a B1G tournament it’s a new deal. For recruitment I’ll take final 4 win or lose. That would make us at least a regional champ on the national stage. So I’ll take final 4 win or lose. I would not have said that two years ago. How about you coach?

Fpeaugh. Seriously, will all sincerity, we all know you’re a sad, angry individual. The trolls that I know are actually pretty clever, but are severely self hating. Just go find your inner peace, maybe start a commune somewhere. If, somewhere on your journey, you acquire the ability to engage in civil discourse, maybe you’ll find your way back to us. Here’s hoping............ok, moving on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT