ADVERTISEMENT

Guard Play

aajohn2000

All-American
Apr 12, 2012
North Carolina
Last night's game is proof positive of what happens when we get productivity out of our guards. Lots of positives to take away from this win, but for me, the number 1 thing was our guard play. After dropping another hot turd vs Nebraska, our guards came ready to play vs OSU. Led by X and his 18 points, our guards including the subs had a stat line like this:

FG's: 10-24 / 41.7%
Assists: 11
Turnovers: 2
Three Pointers: 3-7, 42.9%
Free Throws: 9-12, 75%

Really a solid effort as a collective group. Clearly X was the X factor. Great to see him have a great game. He had zero turnovers last night in 34 minutes of action. Galloway did not produce much in points, but he had the most assists on the night of any player with 7. And finally a strong game from Gunn. His production was the extra throttle we needed to push us to the win. Made some timely plays. All in all, great game by our guards. We need them to be productive every night for us to win games.

Also, shout out to Malik for his 2H performance. He was the man inside and got some key baskets. Led all scorers with 23 and believe 19 came in 2H leading Malik to outscore the rest of IU's entire team combined by 4. MR went beast mode.

Last night's game is proof positive of what happens when we get productivity out of our guards. Lots of positives to take away from this win, but for me, the number 1 thing was our guard play. After dropping another hot turd vs Nebraska, our guards came ready to play vs OSU. Led by X and his 18 points, our guards including the subs had a stat line like this:

FG's: 10-24 / 41.7%
Assists: 11
Turnovers: 2
Three Pointers: 3-7, 42.9%
Free Throws: 9-12, 75%

Really a solid effort as a collective group. Clearly X was the X factor. Great to see him have a great game. He had zero turnovers last night in 34 minutes of action. Galloway did not produce much in points, but he had the most assists on the night of any player with 7. And finally a strong game from Gunn. His production was the extra throttle we needed to push us to the win. Made some timely plays. All in all, great game by our guards. We need them to be productive every night for us to win games.

Also, shout out to Malik for his 2H performance. He was the man inside and got some key baskets. Led all scorers with 23 and believe 19 came in 2H leading Malik to outscore the rest of IU's entire team combined by 4. MR went beast mode.
I asked the question if our players had any self-pride left after getting clowned on by freaking Nebraska. This performance by our guards might be an indication they are tired of getting blamed for everything that's bad about Woody's team. I hope they can keep it going. The season will be a helluva lot more fun if they do.

Reactions: Willdog7
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT