ADVERTISEMENT

Phinisee - X Factor

He’s played in 26 of 29 games this year. Started 23 of them. His couple week injury is not the reason we’re 6-12 in the Big Ten.

Weak injury? He was out for two weeks and still looked like half the player when he returned compared to pre-injury. You are grasping for straws.

Reactions: rocketo and ufo33
Weak injury? He was out for two weeks and still looked like half the player when he returned compared to pre-injury. You are grasping for straws.
The competition was better. A concussion doesn’t impact your basketball skills genius.

"A concussion doesn’t impact your basketball skills genius."

That statement and the word genius don't work in the same sentence. You've apparently never played a sport nor know any doctors or trainers.
Just when I thought his posts couldn't get any more ridiculous, fpeaugh outdoes himself.

Reactions: kkott
Yup, a concussion weeks ago prevents a player from making shots, passing, or driving. You just forget how to do everything.

Give me a break. Rob is a good young player who went through a slump and has played well recently. He’s inconsistent. He’s a Freshman. Some of you are just so dramatic.

Yup, a concussion weeks ago prevents a player from making shots, passing, or driving. You just forget how to do everything.

Give me a break. Rob is a good young player who went through a slump and has played well recently. He’s inconsistent. He’s a Freshman. Some of you are just so dramatic.
YDS

I’d think you might be suffering from concussion symptoms . . . but that would require you to have a brain that could be injured. You don’t qualify.

Yea, I do think he is going to be as good as Yogi.
IMO, he is better than Yogi right now on the defensive end.

He might be, but the chances of it are slim. It's not because Rob isn't a good player, it's because Yogi was that good. Excuse my tangent. I get annoyed with people overhyping (this is directed towards the board) players. They don't live up to the expectations and people then quickly turn on them. A good example is Justin Smith. Prior to the season most people were high on him. We go on a losing steak, he struggles, and people were wanting to Crean him.

Last edited:
Reactions: TommyCracker
05056dc5378c928794426af724ec4b57e76bfe.jpg

The competition was better. A concussion doesn’t impact your basketball skills genius.

Using Fpeagh logic: “The guy broke his leg 4 MONTHS ago, there’s no way that should affect his abilities.” I would pay at least $50 to get a look behind the curtain at who he and Cryano really are. I keep picturing Milton from OfficeSpace

Dumb, stupid, lame, ignorant, brainless, all rolled into one. This might be your dumbest post ever, which would make it the dumbest post ever.

Also Fippy logic: Davis had his Achilles injury 13 or 14 months ago. There’s no reason he shouldn’t have dunked those last two attempts last night. He should be 100% right now.

Both Archie and Rob said that it impacted him long after his return, but I am sure that you know better.

Reactions: ufo33
Does anyone here even know what a concussion is?

It’s like a baseball player catching the flu in March and using it as an excuse why he can’t hit the slider in June. It’s ridiculous.

Let’s just call it how it is. Rob is a good player, not a great player...yet. He’s a freshman. He will improve. Some of you really need help.

It’s like a baseball player catching the flu in March and using it as an excuse why he can’t hit the slider in June. It’s ridiculous.

Let’s just call it how it is. Rob is a good player, not a great player...yet. He’s a freshman. He will improve. Some of you really need help.

You are a complete lunatic. Do you know what a concussion is? Among other things, it affects your VISION. You know, the player's eyes...how well they can see. So, yes, it affects his ability to pass and shoot, because his eyes don't track and focus as quickly. It also causes dizziness--which affects balance. So, yes, it inhibits his ability to dribble.

I don't even think he's a good player yet. But, he had a GREAT game last night. Excited to see what he does next.

A concussion is not like the flu. One is a physical brain injury. The other is a viral infection. People do not shoot themselves in the chest or forget where they live because they caught the flu too many times. You're awful.

Well, you’re a dumbass

Rob v yogi. Who knows. I’ll measure by championships. Yogi has two B1G. Let’s see how rob does. Individual stats are nice but championships are my measuring stick (doesn’t make me right. Just my thing) get some championships and we’ll talk. Right now Yogi up 2-0. A B1G tournament would be a good start for rob. Go Hoosiers!

sorry IU is looking like the team it was before the skid. that must cut deep. i see you still don;t know shit about anything. what wouldn't a concussion affect? god, you don;t even know what a f****** concussion is. lol

Still wondering what the next Huge Offer is gonna be . . . :D

lol...Based off of last night, we have two point guards who will be better than Yogi, next year.

Better than Yogi is a tall order. Yogi was really something special by his senior year. I’d love to see Phin be that good. Hell, I hope Phin ends up that good.

Better than Yogi is a tall order. Yogi was really something special by his senior year. I’d love to see Phin be that good. Hell, I hope Phin ends up that good.

My statement was tongue and cheek. Mushroomgod and I were discussing, how good Phin will be. He said he will be as good as, Yogi. I took the side he wouldn't be that good. He was busting my chops.

Last edited:
You are a complete lunatic. Do you know what a concussion is? Among other things, it affects your VISION. You know, the player's eyes...how well they can see. So, yes, it affects his ability to pass and shoot, because his eyes don't track and focus as quickly. It also causes dizziness--which affects balance. So, yes, it inhibits his ability to dribble.

I don't even think he's a good player yet. But, he had a GREAT game last night. Excited to see what he does next.

A concussion is not like the flu. One is a physical brain injury. The other is a viral infection. People do not shoot themselves in the chest or forget where they live because they caught the flu too many times. You're awful.
I assume you’ve never had a concussion?

It’s not affecting your vision 6 weeks later. This is just elementary.

I assume you’ve never had a concussion?

It’s not affecting your vision 6 weeks later. This is just elementary.

I believe I have. It certainly can affect your vision 6 weeks later. Race had a concussion and wasn't cleared for non-contact for longer than that. Veiled insults about the elementary nature of this thing or that thing mean nothing coming from you, considering you'll lie about almost anything to win an argument.

"In fact, the risk of post-concussion syndrome doesn't appear to be associated with the severity of the initial injury. In most people, symptoms occur within the first seven to 10 days and go away within three months. Sometimes, they can persist for a year or more." I've had two sports-related, one of which was during a basketball game. Once you start coming out of the fog (nausea, headaches, light sensitivity, vision issues, etc..) these symptoms come and go intermittently at least for me. The other adjustment is similar to coming back from an ACL injury; I was not as aggressive from fear of getting another one.

In hindsight, I think we've been baited into an argument just for fun. He probably knows the truth unless he's had multiple concussions himself. Has he posted here that the earth is flat, yet ?

He’s played in 26 of 29 games this year. Started 23 of them. His couple week injury is not the reason we’re 6-12 in the Big Ten.
How stupid are you? Really . You just are not very smart are you? Or is it your just an A$$

Reactions: BigMobe
Using Fpeagh logic: “The guy broke his leg 4 MONTHS ago, there’s no way that should affect his abilities.” I would pay at least $50 to get a look behind the curtain at who he and Cryano really are. I keep picturing Milton from OfficeSpace
He just wants to stir crap. It's all he has in life.

Tell that to Race. Or the team doctors that treated him. Are you really as ignorant as you appear to be?

"In fact, the risk of post-concussion syndrome doesn't appear to be associated with the severity of the initial injury. In most people, symptoms occur within the first seven to 10 days and go away within three months. Sometimes, they can persist for a year or more." I've had two sports-related, one of which was during a basketball game. Once you start coming out of the fog (nausea, headaches, light sensitivity, vision issues, etc..) these symptoms come and go intermittently at least for me. The other adjustment is similar to coming back from an ACL injury; I was not as aggressive from fear of getting another one.

In hindsight, I think we've been baited into an argument just for fun. He probably knows the truth unless he's had multiple concussions himself. Has he posted here that the earth is flat, yet ?
So you’re saying the team doctors cleared him to play even though he still had blurred vision and severe symptoms from the concussion? Do you realize what you’re saying about the doctors? Do you not know this is what they test for to clear players?

So you’re saying the team doctors cleared him to play even though he still had blurred vision and severe symptoms from the concussion? Do you realize what you’re saying about the doctors? Do you not know this is what they test for to clear players?

No, that's not what they're saying. They're saying that the "elementary" facts you cited about concussions are wrong. No big surprise, because you just make up whatever you want to support your stupid opinions.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT