ADVERTISEMENT

Say what you want about X

Northwestern...1 possession game with 2 minutes to go...
@Rutgers...won the game handily...
@Wisky...down 4-6 most of the last 5 minutes or so...
Illini...tied multiple times in 2nd half, down 1 under 3 minutes...
Iowa...won the game handily...

In my world they were playing pretty good basketball...because they were. Its why they were favored by 9 by Vegas.

I agree. For what that's worth.

Northwestern...1 possession game with 2 minutes to go...
@Rutgers...won the game handily...
@Wisky...down 4-6 most of the last 5 minutes or so...
Illini...tied multiple times in 2nd half, down 1 under 3 minutes...
Iowa...won the game handily...

In my world they were playing pretty good basketball...because they were. Its why they were favored by 9 by Vegas.
I don't care if they got blown out or not, losing 4 of 5 games is playing bad no matter how you try to frame it. Especially in one of the worst power 5 conferences in the country.

Also, they were favored by 9 not because of anything they did, but because they were playing a team with a putrid 1-7 road record coming into the game.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
I don't care if they got blown out or not, losing 4 of 5 games is playing bad no matter how you try to frame it. Especially in one of the worst power 5 conferences in the country.

Also, they were favored by 9 not because of anything they did, but because they were playing a team with a putrid 1-7 road record coming into the game.
Cool... good for you...

I disagree.

It was a good win. Quad 1 wins, no matter how you slice them, are good wins.

this season was lost with the 3-game home losing streak, to penn st, northwestern and nebraska, win 2 of those 3 were having a different discussion today. if X played in those games ,I feel like we could have done that, probably should have done it without him.

So Woodson put all his eggs in for a kid who had been hurt since high school and Xavier who hasn't been healthy for two years and passed on a open scholarship to add a quality guard great job Woody. Thank you so much for putting the facts out there.
Hasn't been healthy for 2 years? We started 34 games his first year at Indiana. He was hurt last year for the first time in his college career.

WTF are you smoking?

What's the nd in your name representative of?

Hasn't been healthy for 2 years? We started 34 games his first year at Indiana. He was hurt last year for the first time in his college career.

WTF are you smoking?

What's the nd in your name representative of?
Why would any coach go into a season with a guy who was hurt all last season and have no have a backup plan? We had a extra scholarship that he didn't use why? What am I smoking? What are u smoking? You thought Gabe Cupps was ready really?

Reactions: 76-1
“Xavier who hasn’t been healthy for two years”
Screenshot-20240304-151155.jpg

Is Xavier Newton’s nickname? lol

But yes its true Xavier has missed 2 years in a row being hurt not to mention trusting a pot smoker, wreckless driver, dirty ball grabber player to run your team.

I told u I was talking about Newton first.
So Woodson put all his eggs in for a kid who had been hurt since high school and Xavier who hasn't been healthy for two years and passed on a open scholarship to add a quality guard great job Woody. Thank you so much for putting the facts out there.
Yeah, that part is clear (now that you've clarified it. That's in bold. Now explain the rest of your illogical argument after that... "Xavier, who hasn't been healthy in two years" This isn't that complicated...what are you referring to by Xavier not having been healthy for two years as of before this season started?

But yes its true Xavier has missed 2 years in a row being hurt not to mention trusting a pot smoker, wreckless driver, dirty ball grabber player to run your team.
So Woodson was supposed to look into his crystal ball to see that Xavier would have not one but TWO injuries this year that would keep him out for extended periods, neither of which was related to this injury last year?

Obviously your delusional as Mike Woodson.
Well, at least I can make a logical argument. I've asked you at least 3 times what you were referring to when you said that Xavier had been hurt for two years and you have yet to address it other than to say you were talking about Newton (yet referring to Xavier by name).

The conference is rated 2nd by Kenpom, Torvik and NET. Only the Big 12 is rated higher.

So, ugh, yea ....
Only thing that bothers me about that is how bad the B1G has done in the tournament. To be fair that’s years past not this year. boy has the B1G not passed the eye test. I guess I’ve fallen off the Woodson wagon.

The conference is rated 2nd by Kenpom, Torvik and NET. Only the Big 12 is rated higher.

So, ugh, yea ....
BIG is rated higher than SEC?
They have Tennessee, South Carolina, Bama, Auburn, Kentucky, all having good years. Is it because the fooor of the SEC is bad?
Same for Big East with 3 top 10 teams

BIG is rated higher than SEC?
They have Tennessee, South Carolina, Bama, Auburn, Kentucky, all having good years. Is it because the fooor of the SEC is bad?
Same for Big East with 3 top 10 teams
Yes .. on all three metrics.

And yeah, the quality of teams in the bottom half of those leagues has a lot to do with it.

Reactions: bsmitty08
The style of play has a lot to do with that. Too much emphasis on post play, and having physical strong wings, and not enough on quickness .. of course as always there's been exceptions.
If Wisconsin sticks as a 6 seed, I hope Kentucky is the 3 seed in their region. Watching those two styles clash would be interesting, to say the least, if they both won their first round games.

top 5... in the B10? We're not watching the same team. No top 5 team defends so poorly and blocks out so infrequently. We'd be better, yes, but we're not displacing PU at the top and we're not sniffing the top 5.

I think you guys get deluded when Xavier plays well and forget that for his history here, that's generally been 1 out of every 3 or 4 games. Stringing good games together has only happened once in his career, during the B10 run his first year. Other than that good X is batting about .270.
This narrative that X was only good in the B1G tournament his first year here is...interesting.

After January 1, 2022 (so conference games only) he averaged 13 points, 5 assists and 2.5 TOs per game. He had 3 pretty bad games in early February as part of a 4-game L streak, but aside from that, he was really good, not just for a 3-game stretch in March.

Hell, the last 5 games of the regular season he averaged almost 20, 6 assists and 3 TOs.

The style of play has a lot to do with that. Too much emphasis on post play, and having physical strong wings, and not enough on quickness .. of course as always there's been exceptions.
I’m hoping the 4 new teams can help change that.

Yes, a whole bunch of conversation with players during their IU careers over more than a decade.
And, NOTHING to divulge in an online forum. Take it or leave it.

So you have nothing. Figures.

You know you can post quotes without divulging the person's name.

This is such a stupid response. It's not my job to be aware of every possible player. I dont get paid $4 million per year to coach and recruit. However, it IS Woody and his staff's job, however.

I do know that there were around 1815 players in the basketball transfer portal in 2023. Statistically, there should've been at least 1 guard that could've helped the IU program. X, Cupps and Galloway aren't world beaters. The claim that no one wanted to come to IU because they were afraid of playing time is comical. LOL
You have no answer, so you offer insults and repetitive claims you can't back up.

If my response was actually stupid, you'd have an answer.

X and Trey wouldn't have played like they did today every game. In many years when someone was having a bad day, another player or two would have picked up the slack. Gunn didn't provide good depth and Newton never had the chance. Cupps has done okay, but he played like a freshman We started 2 freshmen and two sophomores most of the year. The sophomres are our best players. Most good teams have one of their experienced players as their scoring leader and go to guy.

Injuries and a failure to find the extra guard we needed put us where we are. It sucks not making the NCAA tournament. A consolation would be to get things turned around and finish strong. A win against Wisky and a road win is a good start to a reset on the season.
To me x's injury and starting 2 Frosh and 2 Sophomores says it all.

Reactions: asindc
You are wrong if you think he doesn't change this team. Not an excuse for how bad we have been, but Id bet we are dancing with X healthy all year. Run the table fellas.
I think it would take a good loss in the BiG final to even sniff a first four invite now.

You are wrong if you think he doesn't change this team. Not an excuse for how bad we have been, but Id bet we are dancing with X healthy all year. Run the table fellas.
This team is poorly coached. Unless you subbed in Jason Tatum, they aren't going to the tourney.

The team is historically bad defensively. And somehow, it seems offense is still a huge problem. Like I've said before, the second Ware announces for the draft, that should be the cue to let Woodson go. If you can only get to 0.500 with NBA talent, you're not getting the job done.

Reactions: Cavanagh
This narrative that X was only good in the B1G tournament his first year here is...interesting.

After January 1, 2022 (so conference games only) he averaged 13 points, 5 assists and 2.5 TOs per game. He had 3 pretty bad games in early February as part of a 4-game L streak, but aside from that, he was really good, not just for a 3-game stretch in March.

Hell, the last 5 games of the regular season he averaged almost 20, 6 assists and 3 TOs.
I said B10 run because I remembered that he began playing well in the during the B10 season so I was trying to include that as well.

Hes changing this game just like most hes been in this year. He can dance his way right out the front door along with his stupid faces.

Reactions: IUPaterade724
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT