ADVERTISEMENT

Omicron "variant of concern"

Save it for ten years from now when we understand the long term effects and the DALY associated with vaccine effects. Hopefully the DALY is zero.

I'll probably be dead by then. But you can contact my estate if you want to make a claim.

Of course, I'll have instructed them to tell you to pound sand if your analysis doesn't compare the long term effects of the vaccine compared to the long term effects of Covid infection among the unvaccinated.

Reactions: anon_mlxxvlbug9dpa
Doesn’t this disregard the long term possible issues with a Covid infection? Jason Tatum now uses and inhaler and still says he has reduced wind. He’s a .001% athlete. Is my Covid infection going to increase my chances of developing Alzheimer’s which runs in my family?
Don’t know. But we know that delta and omicron break through like the vaccine isn’t there at all. We know the chance of death is reduced but we don’t know it slows delta and omicron long term effects at all.

I was three months vaxxed and had a breakthrough. Mild symptoms - thought I had sinusitis. Then lost taste and smell for a week. My heart felt inflamed for months after I recovered and my Max HR still isn’t there - it’s stuck around 185 where I used to get into the 190s. Could it have been worse if I weren’t vacced? I don’t know. Do you?

I'll probably be dead by then. But you can contact my estate if you want to make a claim.

Of course, I'll have instructed them to tell you to pound sand if your analysis doesn't compare the long term effects of the vaccine compared to the long term effects of Covid infection among the unvaccinated.
Remember I’m not hypothesizing. I’m apparently one of a few that is willing to say I DONT KNOW. But the more adverse events that keep appearing are very problematic and the lack of serious effort to determine how to treat the recently infected are quite bothersome. Aren’t they?

No doubt. Fully agreed. I’m not an anti-vax person. In fact I’m boosted recently. But the mandates are wrong, not only from a constitutional perspective but from a bioethical perspective. We do not know enough about these vaccines and their long term effects to mandate them.

We know they save lives. We also know they’ve spiked myocarditis incidence (not all patients recover from this), we know there are deaths from the vaccine, we know they’re not as effective at slowing the spread, and we learn more about it every day. What will we learn in 2022? In 2032?

Vaccine mandates will not be followed at scale - nor should they be.
I have not supported most mandates, BUT people who frequently come into contact with people at risk should be vaccinated. So if a hospital wants to tell an ER nurse she has to work elsewhere in the hospital they can in my world.

But some worse disease may come, and I fear we won't respond. We did force smallpox vaccine, I doubt we would today.

I have not supported most mandates, BUT people who frequently come into contact with people at risk should be vaccinated. So if a hospital wants to tell an ER nurse she has to work elsewhere in the hospital they can in my world.

But some worse disease may come, and I fear we won't respond. We did force smallpox vaccine, I doubt we would today.
IMO forcing an ER Nurse to vaxx is the most counter intuitive path available. That nurse probably has more immunity than you and I can possibly imagine.

A disease as deadly as smallpox would not have any hesitation for mandates. I’m sure of it. Cancer vaccines would be supported. A disease that presents virtually no risk to the vast majority of the population doesn’t warrant a mandate especially as we continue to get bad news about them.

The fact that mandates even have to be discussed is a shame in and of itself. Wife said just the other day that one thing that Covid has taught her is there are a helluva lot more stoopid people than she thought there were (and she's as much of a cynic as I am).

People in health care positions should be mandated by their state health authorities. Otherwise, employers showed be allowed -- but not required -- to mandate, and their policy should be public and posted. The Feds, as employers, should be included in that. Mandating Federal contractors and private employers with OSHA was an overreach.

In the Short term you may be right. But the Long term hasn’t been worked out and measured yet. We don’t have any idea of the long term effects yet.

We do know that the mRNA vaccines have spiked myocarditis incidence with over 1k confirmed cases this year alone. Background incidence is much lower than this and it’s caused many countries to not give these vaccines to under 30.

Every quarter more information comes out. I expect this will continue years from now until we fully understand the long term ramifications of the vaccine and its risk to the otherwise healthy population. If I’m an employer there’s no way I mandate vaccines. There’s way too large a chance I’ll be sued into bankruptcy in the Not too distant future.
We need to watch for severe tinnitus and trigeminal neuralgia. It is definitely occurring. Is it caused by virus, vaccines, or both.

How did the USA force the smallpox vaccine? Or was it a good sales job by local doctors, schools…etc. I also wonder how comprehensive the vaccination rate was back in those days when many folks lived off the land and away from the grid. I am not disputing your idea but I am genuinely curious.

How did the USA force the smallpox vaccine? Or was it a good sales job by local doctors, schools…etc. I also wonder how comprehensive the vaccination rate was back in those days when many folks lived off the land and away from the grid. I am not disputing your idea but I am genuinely curious.
States started requiring vaccination in the middle of the 19th century. By the 20th century, the disease was virtually eradicated in the USA.

@UncleMark , I am older, fat and have now found out I have several commodities. I thought I had Covid, but turns out, I just twisted wrong on the toilet. All the same symptoms and signs. Actually ended with the same cure. Just like a dog, kick some grass over that shit and go live life.

Reactions: UncleMark
Remember I’m not hypothesizing. I’m apparently one of a few that is willing to say I DONT KNOW. But the more adverse events that keep appearing are very problematic and the lack of serious effort to determine how to treat the recently infected are quite bothersome. Aren’t they?
Not sure what you mean about a lack of effort to treat the recently infected. Pfizer reported in the last day or so positive results on its early therapy pill. And I'm pretty sure death rates continue to fall with monoclonal antibody treatment.

Not sure what you mean about a lack of effort to treat the recently infected. Pfizer reported in the last day or so positive results on its early therapy pill. And I'm pretty sure death rates continue to fall with monoclonal antibody treatment.
If you follow the tracker on The Guardian (useful for us, since the UK is a couple of weeks ahead of us on Covid trends, it seems), the cases have spiked to the highest yet, but the deaths remain relatively low. I assume this is mostly delta and just now transitioning to omicron, so that means we are making progress even pre-omicron in making Covid less lethal (and yes, I know deaths are a lagging indicator, but this trend is several weeks old).

So if someone refuses a Pfizer vaccine will they be receptive to a Pfizer pill?

Here is an example:

Historian Michael Willrich was planning to write a book about civil liberties in the aftermath of Sept. 11 when he stumbled across an article from The New York Times archives. It was about a 1901 smallpox vaccination raid in New York — when 250 men arrived at a Little Italy tenement house in the middle of the night and set about vaccinating everyone they could find.​

"There were scenes of policemen holding down men in their night robes while vaccinators began their work on their arms," Willrich tells Fresh Air's Terry Gross. "Inspectors were going room to room looking for children with smallpox. And when they found them, they were literally tearing babes from their mothers' arms to take them to the city pesthouse [which housed smallpox victims.]"​

We don’t have any idea of the long term effects yet.
There have been vaccines recalled over the years for harmful long-term effects. Every one of them showed indications of measurable and obvious problems within 3 months of dosing. Pfizer trial participants are at 17 months. Long term effects first showing up now or at any later time would be unprecented in the history of human vaccination.

The MABs are exactly what I’m talking about. They should be given to people before they even get admitted to the hospital if you’re above a certain age or have X risk factors. But they’re not able to meet demand because they weren’t prioritized anywhere near as much as the vaccines were.

States started requiring vaccination in the middle of the 19th century. By the 20th century, the disease was virtually eradicated in the USA.
I hear you about the “requiring” …but what sanctions did the states use to enforce the requirements? Probably we were a less diverse and more compliant society in the mid-1800s. Maybe the civil war shook the non-compliance out of the population. Skeptical about how gold miners and buffaloes hunters got their vaccines. Maybe their ignorance was a blessing and they accepted the new-fangeled medicine?

It is funny how it went from get two jabs in your arm and we can return to normal to now you must get a booster asap and probably a shot at least once a year. Soon they will want you to get a second and a third booster. They are never going to stop there will always be some new variant that comes up and big pharma will use them to push more boosters. And you have enough of the population who will stick anything in their arm the government tells them to do so the booster business will continue to thrive. That is how I see it anyway.
Stop calling yourself Bailey. That's an insult to him.

You act more like a Manti T'eo.

There have been vaccines recalled over the years for harmful long-term effects. Every one of them showed indications of measurable and obvious problems within 3 months of dosing. Pfizer trial participants are at 17 months. Long term effects first showing up now or at any later time would be unprecented in the history of human vaccination.
Well there’s a clear difference here right between the first large scale mRNA deployment and traditional vaccine delivery.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
I hear you about the “requiring” …but what sanctions did the states use to enforce the requirements? Probably we were a less diverse and more compliant society in the mid-1800s. Maybe the civil war shook the non-compliance out of the population. Skeptical about how gold miners and buffaloes hunters got their vaccines. Maybe their ignorance was a blessing and they accepted the new-fangeled medicine?
See Marvin's post above.

To be fair, this is the first ever widespread mRNA vaccine program. Yes, I do understand that the technology has been developed over decades, and yes, I understand that there is no theoretical justification for extra concern. I'm not concerned. But there is an argument to be made that it is, if not a brand new technology, at the very least, a brand new implementation of untested technology.

What about the morons who got J&J and are now hearing it’s problematic?

What about the morons under age 30 that got Moderna that most other developed nations now prohibit?

Man there must be a lot of morons. I’d say the biggest moron is the one who swallows the narrative hook, line and sinker without a modicum of healthy skepticism during emergency times.

edit: we can fully agree that a fat guy with one or more risk factors being unvaccinated is in fact a moron of the highest degree - but I think enough evidence and obvious real-time occurrences are showing that younger healthy people being skeptical on vaccine transmission prevention is warranted
Thanks for posting this. I’ve got two jabs December 2020 and January 2021. Haven’t decided on booster.

I am really struggling with the fact my 26 yearold son and his wife are resisting getting vaxxed. They have concerns about the jab and getting pregnant. My son just got great promotion and raise with the military base at Crane. He’s risking losing his job. It’s killing me.

Thanks for posting this. I’ve got two jabs December 2020 and January 2021. Haven’t decided on booster.

I am really struggling with the fact my 26 yearold son and his wife are resisting getting vaxxed. They have concerns about the jab and getting pregnant. My son just got great promotion and raise with the military base at Crane. He’s risking losing his job. It’s killing me.
Tell him to get the jab, already. You understand his hesitancy, but the odds are in his favor if he gets the jab and doesn't risk his career. Sometimes, even when there are no great choices, there's still a choice that is obviously better than the alternatives. This is one of them.

Well there’s a clear difference here right between the first large scale mRNA deployment and traditional vaccine delivery.

What little I know about the differences between the two make me think the mRNA derived vaccines would be more benign, but that's just a gut reaction.

Yes, we now have a much, much more simple formulation with no adjvents, no preservatives, no virus derived materials.

Very uncomplicated, except for the snippet of mRNA itself, which has a <12 hour half-life. Salt, buffer, and a liposome fat bubble with a <24 hr. half life.

What little I know about the differences between the two make me think the mRNA derived vaccines would be more benign, but that's just a gut reaction.
And the spike in myocarditis - much of which is nonrecoverable damage to the heart?

Get the booster. You're way overdue. We've learned that the vaccine's efficacy wanes over time but the boosters jack the immunity back up bigly. Don't be a moron.

Tell him to get the god damned shot. Tell him some dipshit up in Bloomington won't let you hear the end of it if he doesn't. Maybe he'll do it for you.

Reactions: Morrison
See Marvin's post above.
I read Marvin’s post and thank him for his insights and work. I am reminded of a basketball tactic basic drilled into everyone who played the game. Time, score and ball.
Time…I think I was wrong footed when I read the vaccination program started in mid 1880s. OK, but still where was the ACLU to complain about these home invasions by the police? How did these immigrants, and the rest of the country know the vaccinations were mandatory? Was it on that internet thing Al Gore invented ?
Score… probably highest death rates in high density areas. So police action was more acceptable. Not sure if the Texas Rangers did vaccination raids.
Ball… Used to be if a medical professional in my extended family said get the vaccination…we marched ourselves onto Dr. Lett’s office and Aunt Helen administered the jab. Now we do not have that local and trusted input. The ball moved from family and friends to government mandate and corporate/government health care.

Compared to those with Covid?
What about the morons who got J&J and are now hearing it’s problematic?

What about the morons under age 30 that got Moderna that most other developed nations now prohibit?

Man there must be a lot of morons. I’d say the biggest moron is the one who swallows the narrative hook, line and sinker.
I echo many of your concerns Ranger but I think Mark is right that you always have to compare it to Covid: heart issue stats from vax vs heart issues from Covid.

Caveat - like all assuming the data is valid. I have my reservations too and hate that I have to put vaccines in my body and my loved ones, but the stats now, with the benefit of so many vaccinated and time passing, strongly favor vaccination imo

let's put it this way

Any vaccine needs to prompt the synthesis of a protein to be recognized as an antigen. The protein is synthesized due to the formation or presence of mRNA.

So... the mRNA is the "goods". It's the cheeseburger you need.

What is new is how you get to the cheeseburger.

old way, traditional vaccines: give your cells the bun, the patties, the lettuce, tomato, ketchup, and pickles. Maybe mayo and mustard. Half the kitchen too. It tells you cells to get to work.

new way, mRNA vaccines: gives your cells the cheeseburger.

Last edited:
I echo many of your concerns Ranger but I think Mark is right that you always have to compare it to Covid: heart issue stats from vax vs heart issues from Covid.

Caveat - like all assuming the data is valid
Shooter is probably right. We probably have enough data by now to know the vaccine is way safer than the disease. But I can understand why people are hesitant. "Probably" is a pretty weak word when you are asked to take a risk - however small - on voluntarily.

let's put it this way

Any vaccine needs to prompt the synthesis of a protein to be recognized as an antigen. The protein is synthesized due to the formation or presence of mRNA.

So... the mRNA is the "goods". It's the cheeseburger you need.

What is new is how you get to the cheeseburger.

old way, traditional vaccines: give your cells the bun, the patties, the lettuce, tomato, ketchup, and pickles. Maybe mayo and mustard. It tells you cells to get to work.

new way, mRNA vaccines: gives you cells the cheeseburger.
Common sense suggests mRNA vaccines should be safer than traditional vaccines. But it's still a new thing, and the average American isn't a medical specialist, so it's understandable why we are hesitant to trust a new thing.

Common sense suggests mRNA vaccines should be safer than traditional vaccines. But it's still a new thing, and the average American isn't a medical specialist, so it's understandable why we are hesitant to trust a new thing.
It’s not that. The hesitancy should be simple: it’s clear the current vaccines hardly slow transmission if at all. So for those that are not in danger from the respiratory / pulmonary symptoms if infected, why should we be mandated to get it? The vaccine at this point protects one person and one person only.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT